Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Manchester City Fan Thread!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Fan Thread!! (337838 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by khanye(m): 11:56am On Aug 26, 2009
[size=14pt]Aston Villa Agree £6m Deal With Manchester City For Richard Dunne – Report[/size]

[b]Aston Villa have agreed a £6 million fee with Manchester City for Republic of Ireland centre-back Richard Dunne, according to reports in The Daily Mail.

The City skipper would appear to be on the fringes of the team following the arrival of Joleon Lescott and is seeking a move away from Eastlands in search of first team football.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill had seemed set to land Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin but has now seemingly switched his attention to Dunne.

O'Neill has been keen to sign a central defender all summer following the departure of Zat Knight to Bolton Wanderers and, perhaps more crucially, the retirement of Martin Laursen through injury.

Dunne was a regular for the Citizens throughout last season but had an indifferent campaign as City leaked goals on a frequent basis.

The defender's arrival would be Villa's fourth signing of the summer, following the captures of Stewart Downing, Habib Beye and Fabian Delph.

Steven Warnock, though, is unlikely to be a fifth signing for the Villans, with Blackburn Rovers insistent on a £10m price tag for the left-back.[/b]

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/26/1462108/aston-villa-agree-6m-deal-with-manchester-city-for-richard-dunne-
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by khanye(m): 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by vikiviko(m): 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2009
This City faithfuls really mean business.

Anyway they have no business winning premiership, they should be struggling for fourth place whic is drawn between Arsenal, Tottenham and now City.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2009
Thank God. . . i don't like that Dunne guy. . the guy na nonsense!!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by khanye(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2009
Krayola2:

Thank God. . . i don't like that Dunne guy. . the guy na nonsense!!

Me too. . . . . . grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by ogazi007(m): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2009
why u guys dont like Dunne?the guy is good now.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2009
Hughes needs to sign one more central defender to add depth.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 1:50am On Aug 28, 2009
We beat the crap out of crystal palace!! cool cool 2-0
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 7:00am On Aug 28, 2009
Can anyone imagine Robben was sold for the same price as Lescott shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2009
dayokanu:

Can anyone imagine Robben was sold for the same price as Lescott shocked shocked shocked shocked

Lescott is english!! We take care of our own!! grin grin Mind ya business. Like I said your house is on fire and u're worried about the neighbors cat that is stuck in a tree. Save ur house. City's season is off to a perfect start. We're obviously doing something right. cool cool

2 points out of 9 . . .U betta beat wolfsburg. . . U won't hear the last of it if u don't . I promise u grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 8:27am On Aug 28, 2009
Why should we worry 2 pointsout of 9 so the Bleep what.

Lescott is English means what? He has 5 legs? 7 international caps for a player who is 27years old

Money miss road
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2009
Time to get 3 points off Portsmouth.

Robinho starts on the bench, and Bellamy starts in his place.

GO CITEH!!!! grin grin I don't believe I'm up after only 3 hours of sleep to watch a CITEH game. . . grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2009
ADEBAYORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! 1-0

YEAH!! cool cool We mean bi'ness!!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2009
Adebayor is on fire!! Arsenal, what da fukc were y'all thinking? Man U, u should have kept Tevez. . . .Madrid, Robinho is shit. . .nice job dumpin him for Robben.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by yousouph(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2009
Good for Adebayor but nothing for him against Arsenal
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2009
Kanu coming on for portsmouth. Portsmouth is playing really well. looking very dangerous. This is a really good game
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by chic2pimp(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2009
Krayola2:

Time to get 3 points off Portsmouth.

Robinho starts on the bench, and Bellamy starts in his place.

GO CITEH!!!! grin grin[b] I don't believe I'm up after only 3 hours of sleep to watch a CITEH game[/b]. . . grin grin
I don tell u say u be craze man. I lie  tongue grin? . Anyways sha no be u dey ask me if I no dey sleep?  undecided undecided. Good to know dem release u early from your cleaning job.  grin grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2009
Citeh means bizniz.

Adebayor is proving to be a good buy. Wonder what happens when he goes for nations cup
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by chic2pimp(m): 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2009
dayokanu:

Citeh means bizniz.

Adebayor is proving to be a good buy. Wonder what happens when he goes for nations cup
always knew Ade was class. Ade would have been a better choice for barca. Way way way more mobile than Ibra. He also provides more of an aerial threat than Ibra(scores more headed goals,Infact does Ibra ever score headed goal? undecided undecided undecided ) .
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2009
Ibra doesnt like the ball to ruffle his hair
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2009
I agree with you that Ade is better in the air and more mobile. Pep wanted to get Adebayor last year and we couldn't get him, and we were not going to compete with Manchester City for who has more money to throw away.

There is nothing you can say to show that Inra is shit. . .he was highest goal scorer in Italy last year and won a scudetto. Just let the season play out.

Portsmouth were unlucky not to get a point out of this game. They really repped their colors today. Isn't Kanu like 45 yrs old?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by chic2pimp(m): 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2009
LOL grin grin grin. Don't mind dat guy jare. On second thoughts he doesn't actually. Everytime the ball touches his hair,he puts it back in place. Him and dat his bloody pinocchio's nose. Bet the gayners are regretting getting rid of him. Compare his fee to Ibra's, they got him cheap(£25m to £40m+samu)
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by chic2pimp(m): 3:52pm On Aug 30, 2009
Krayola2:

I agree with you that Ade is better in the air and more mobile. Pep wanted to get Adebayor last year and we couldn't get him, and we were not going to compete with Manchester City for who has more money to throw away.
I think u will find u lot paid more for Ibra than citeh paid for Ade. I really don't enjoy bashing Ibra tongue grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2009
Ibra is worth more than Adebayor based on their past records. Adebayor is very very promising, but he is not worth more than Ibrahimovic. He may prove to be as the season progresses, but he hasn't done it yet.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2009
You might even say Shevchenko right now should be worth more than Forlan

or Henry should be worth more than Iniesta based on past records
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2009
dayokanu:

You might even say Shevchenko right now should be worth more than Forlan

or Henry should be worth more than Iniesta based on past records

Shevchenko was not highest goal scorer last season. . .there is no reason to believe he can still perform like he used to.

Ibra will not leave for the ACN. Ibra's past at Ajax also makes him better suited for barca's game. Ibra is technically better than Adebayor , Ade is just more mobile and better in the air. IMO Ibra is a better finisher.

Henry is at the tail end of his career. . .I doubt any club will be looking to sign him on a 5 year contract. Of course Iniesta should cost more.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 1:04pm On Sep 02, 2009
[size=16pt]Dunney signs for Villa[/size]

CITY today said farewell to one of the club’s most resolute and enduring defenders in Republic of Ireland star Richard Dunne, who has signed for Aston Villa.

The player’s departure, confirmed this lunchtime after the Football Association checked the paperwork, signals the end of an era and Richard goes to the Midlands with the best wishes and gratitude of everyone at Manchester City.

Dunne, who will be 30-years-old next month was signed by Joe Royle in October 2000 for £3m and has turned out to be one of the best buys ever for the club.Not only did the former skipper clock up 290 league appearances and 55 more outings in the cup but he wrote his name in the Blues’ history books by being voted Fans’ player of the year on four successive occasions.

When he arrived from Goodison, Richard played at right back before shifting into the middle where he formed an impressive partnership with Sylvain Distin. His club form propelled him to centre stage with the Republic of Ireland. He has become an integral part of their set up and now has 53 caps to his name.

Mark Hughes was the fifth different City manager under whom Richard played. It was the third of them Stuart Pearce - after Royle and Kevin Keegan -  who handed him the captain's armband at the start of the 2006/07 season.

Dunne was on the pitch for every minute of every City game that season, both league and cup, and went on to land fans’ player of the season honours for the third successive time. Twelve months later he made history by picking up the coveted award for the fourth time.

Mark Hughes today paid tribute to the powerhouse defender who could face his old teammates at the beginning of October when the Blues visit Villa Park.

“Richard has been outstanding for Manchester City. He is the ultimate professional and has served the club magnificently. Winning the player of the year award for four consecutive years tells you everything about him. We all wish him well for his future career at Aston Villa," he said.

“It would have been difficult for Dunney to stay given his standing at the club and I understand that.  I wasn’t going to stand in his way. I could have tried to stop him going and said I wanted him as a squad player but out of respect for what he has done for City I wasn’t going to do that.

“Not only has Richard performed exceptionally well for this club over the years but he has been a terrific ambassador and is a inspiring person who commands the respect of everyone.  He has conducted himself in a impressive manner throughout my time here and way beyond that.”
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by RuuDie(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2009
Well, well. . . . its Arsenal next; finally we get to see new EPL money-bags tested!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2009
RuuDie:

Well, well. . . . its Arsenal next; finally we get to see new EPL money-bags tested!

There's no stoppin this revolution. Man City is 4 real!! cool cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by HNIC(m): 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
This is sad news for Kuwait Citeh.
Apache won't be available on saturday and Robinho is carrying a slight knock.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/6155812/Manchester-Citys-Carlos-Tevez-to-miss-Arsenal-clash.html

Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez will miss Saturday's Premier League game against Arsenal.

By Telegraph staff and agencies
Published: 1:12PM BST 08 Sep 2009

The 25-year-old picked a knee injury while on international duty with Argentina, but City hope he will ready to face Manchester United the following weekend.

"Our doctor has spoken to the Argentine medical people and the feeling is that he is out for the weekend so he will not play against Arsenal sad," Hughes said.

"The hope is that he will be okay for the derby, but we will have to determine that when he comes back.

"He is staying with the national squad because he needs acute treatment at the early stage of the injury, which is what he can get now.

"Flying him back quickly might compromise the injury, so he will be back towards the end of the week so we can assess him and hopefully get him ready for the United game."

Robinho, who faced Tevez in Brazil's 3-1 win over Argentina on Saturday, also has a slight knock.

"It's a different situation with Robi," said Hughes. "It's an old injury that he aggravated last year, just above his ankle.

"We are going to get him back as soon as possible, the hope is that he will be an option for the weekend."

City are fourth in the Premier League having won all three of their fixtures so far this season.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2009
As long as he's available against United I'm fine. Bellamy is a decent player, and I trust Arsenal to implode under pressure.

we go show them pepper cool

HNIC:

This is sad news for Kuwait Citeh.

grin grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by HNIC(m): 9:10am On Sep 10, 2009
Citeh's Tevez Poster

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.