Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Manchester City Fan Thread!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Fan Thread!! (337801 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by HNIC(m): 9:19am On Sep 10, 2009
Citeh's latest poster atthe shopping mall

Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
grin grin We're takin over the city!!!! Money pass money. . .and this one no be gbese. . . na crude oil in motion. Arab Money!! U wan try?

WHo r u, United? NOBODY!!! cool cool

HNIC, thanks mehn, u be correct guy grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2009
Na wa o!
So man-city don get supporter?
Well let me see them defeat arsenal this saturday
first, then i will think of what to do.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 11:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
[size=14pt]"Ade will take some stopping" - Hughes[/size]

Mark Hughes has warned his old rival Arsene Wenger there is little he can do to prevent former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor influencing the outcome of tomorrow's key clash.

The Togolese hit man has scored in all three of City's Premier League games so far and is relishing the chance to shine in the Blues' first tilt this season at a "top four" club.

Emirates manager Wenger has admitted that his old boy is on fire, and City boss Hughes - an avowed aficionado of his adversary's style - expects Adeybayor to ignite the game.

He said: "Whatever you do as an opposition manager, it's very difficult when you have a player such as Manu who is on top of his form. It's very difficult to stop him having an impact or being effective for 90 minutes of a Premier League game.

"He has a huge physical presence and and a huge amount of technical ability - bring all that together with a guy that's full of confidence as well and that's a difficult package for opposing teams to deal with."

Adebayor left Arsenal after an out-of-sorts season with his temperament being questioned, and he expects some stick from Arsenal fans in a sold-out City of Manchester Stadium.

Hughes added: "Things have been said about his demeanour at Arsenal in the last year. I have to say I've not seen anything of that since he's been here.

"He comes into training every day and wants to work, wants to get better. He enjoys the company of his team-mates. He's playing with a huge smile on his face - and scoring goals."

Robinho could yet be ruled out alongside Carlos Tevez. Hughes has ordered a re-scan on the Brazil star's ankle injury. He said: "We're going to make sure there is nothing significant there like a stress fracture. Then we can make decision on his involvement."
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dipo2much(m): 7:31am On Sep 12, 2009
If anyone knows the anti to the poison called ADEPLUSKOLO, its gotta be arsene wenger. Cos like eminem n dre "We made you".

A toast to victory for the gunners.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2009
GOOOOaaaaLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2009
Yeah!! Fukc YEAH!!

we NO come SELL groundnut!!  cool cool cool cool

@khanye. . .abeg help me supply some beautiful photos of the game. My laptop dey act up angry angry
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by khanye(m): 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2009
Krayola2:

Yeah!! Fukc YEAH!!

we NO come SELL groundnut!!  cool cool cool cool

@khanye. . .abeg help me supply some beautiful photos of the game. My laptop dey act up angry angry

ok, grin cheesy

ADEBAYORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

FREE MEE grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2009
grin

tenk u
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 2:02am On Sep 13, 2009
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by bydot1(m): 5:21am On Sep 13, 2009
watch ur back et all
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by bydot1(m): 5:22am On Sep 13, 2009
there can't be two kings in a town
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 1:42pm On Sep 13, 2009
Up Next. . Manchester United!

I hope we don't go to old trafford on some stupid adrenaline rush because they will just rape us Roma style. We have to go there with our feet firmly on the ground, ready to soak up lots of pressure. SAF will be looking to pound us into oblivion so a draw will be a great result IMO. A win will just be extra and i'll take it with a huge smile, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm not sure what Hughes will do with Tevez because Bellamy deserves to start every game till further notice. His work-rate has just been incredible and we'll need him at OT. I hope the FA don't do anything silly like ban Ade. I've seen the video and RVP deserved to get stomped deep into the ground.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2009
SCAM OF THE  MILLENNIUM

Manchester City are paying an astonishing £47 million fee to Carlos Tévez’s private “owners” in a move that obliterates the British transfer record. The deal makes the Argentina striker the fifth most expensive footballer of all time.

City’s billionaire Arab owners have agreed to pay almost twice the £25.5 million fee widely reported to have changed hands, The Times can reveal. An initial £15 million payment is to be followed by two additional sums of £16 million.

Another £3.5 million will be paid if City win the Champions League while Tévez is at the club — an improbable scenario, but Sheikh Mansour has already shown the lengths to which he is prepared to go to transform the club from perennial underachievers into contenders for the biggest prizes.

One of the Sheikh’s first moves when he took over 12 months ago was to smash the British transfer record by paying Real Madrid £34.2 million for Robinho, the Brazil forward.

But that fee is dwarfed by the £47 million deal for Tévez, which ranks behind only the signings of Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Kaká, and Zinédine Zidane, for £80 million, £60.7 million, £56.1 million and £47.2 million respectively, as the most expensive.

The revelation is the latest twist in the extraordinary saga surrounding Tévez, whose name has rarely been out of the headlines since he arrived at West Ham United in August 2006 and sparked huge controversy about third-party ownership.

And it deepens the mystery about where the money is going.

The Times understands that it is paid to two offshore companies but Kia Joorabchian, the businessman who fronts the consortium that owned the rights to Tévez until City bought the player outright in July, has never explained who the beneficiaries are.

Nonetheless, Tévez has represented a handsome bit of business. The investors stand to make an estimated profit of at least £46.5 million from an assortment of fees received for a player whose “economic rights” they originally bought from Boca Juniors for £14 million in 2005.

They are understood to include a fee of £4.5 million from West Ham, where Tévez spent the 2006-07 season, a £9 million payment from Manchester United to cover the cost of the player’s two-year “loan” at Old Trafford and now the sum from City.

City’s outlay does not end there, though. On top of the £47 million fee, the club are paying Tévez a salary of £7.5 million a year, or just under £145,000 a week. His wages over a five-year contract take City’s total projected outlay on the striker to £84.5 million, a staggering sum even by City’s inflated standards.

In all, City’s billionaire owner has committed £770.986 million, which includes the £200 million it cost to buy the club, the £342.786 million committed on players’ contracts and £10 million spent on improving the Carrington training headquarters, City of Manchester Stadium and the club’s academy. Mark Hughes, the City manager, has spent £140 million on six leading players this summer and £218.2 million in transfer fees in total since Sheikh Mansour’s takeover, during which time City’s annual wage bill has more than doubled to just under £95 million.

Hughes has repeatedly insisted that City will walk away from deals they deem to be too expensive, but the figures involved for Tévez will doubtless lead some to question whether that is the case — and, moreover, whether the player is worth it. It is the inevitable reality of City’s position that they will face a premium on players but the sums paid for Tévez seem all the more mind-boggling given how reluctant United were to meet the £25.5 million asking price originally agreed with Joorabchian on top of the £9 million already paid.

Although the Barclays Premier League champions eventually agreed to do the deal, David Gill, the United chief executive, relented only after Ronaldo had been sold to Real Madrid. In the end, Tévez turned down their offer to stay at Old Trafford and joined City instead.

What Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, makes of the true figure paid for Tévez remains to be seen, given that he made a point of saying during the summer that the Argentinian was overpriced.

“In my opinion, I don’t think he was worth £25 million,” Ferguson has said. “He was popular with the supporters. The fans rightly have their heroes and I was happy to go along with the deal as it was the right one but, quite simply, he is not worth £25 million.”

City, of course, will not view it that way, even if the move is, in part, a reflection of their eagerness to land big-name signings in the wake of the failed pursuits of Kaká, Samuel Eto’o and John Terry. Joorabchian may also have argued that the fee agreed with United two years ago was no longer a fair valuation of a player who has subsequently won consecutive league championships and lifted the European Cup.

The problem for City is whether they have created a rod for their own back by paying such a sum for Tévez, who must now carry the tag of being the most expensive player in the Premier League as well as one of the highest paid.

The money may represent small change for the royal family of Abu Dhabi but £47 million on Tévez will still cause gasps among City’s fans.

Inflationary moves

£47m . . . . . . .The fee Manchester City are paying for Carlos Tévez, an English record

£34.2m. . . . . .The previous English record, paid by City to Real Madrid for Robinho

Zlatan Ibrahimovic went from Inter Milan to Barcelona for a package worth £60.7 million
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2009
Tevez is worth much more than Berbatov and Nani or whoever else u're hoping lifts ur team up this season . . . . keep watching. The strongest squad in the premiership is at Manchester City. As long as we keep getting points, by the 2nd half of the season u'll start to see what my boys are really made of. So far it's just hard work and grags that are getting us by. The real show hasn't started. We know how much those players are worth. . .it's not our fault their former employers don't.

With CRonaldo gone, the title "King of Manchester" now belongs to either Tevez or Adebayor. . . Adebayor is runnin with it right now but Tevez hasn't really been fit. Rooney doesn't have a prayer, and Berbatov is just, as y'all brits call it, BOLLOCKS!!

See u at OT!! cool cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2009
Krayola2:

Tevez is worth much more than Berbatov and Nani or whoever else u're hoping lifts your team up this season . . . . keep watching. The strongest squad in the premiership is at Manchester City. As long as we keep getting points, by the 2nd half of the season u'll start to see what my boys are really made of. So far it's just hard work and grags that are getting us by. The real show hasn't started. We know how much those players are worth. . .it's not our fault their former employers don't.

5 league goals in 30 appearances says it all.
Kiko Macheda is better than Tevez. . . . . . . .Argentina are struggling because of him in the South America WCQ games.
He is a pile of self-service.

With CRonaldo gone, the title "King of Manchester" now belongs to either Tevez or Adebayor. . . Adebayor is runnin with it right now but Tevez hasn't really been fit. Rooney doesn't have a prayer, and Berbatov is just, as y'all brits call it, BOLLOCKS!!

See u at OT!! cool cool

Before Tevez and Adebayor. . . . . . U will have Rooney, Berbatov, Macheda.
Adebayor has improved but Rooney is his father.
Carlos Tevez?? I will rather have Carlos Vela as far as 2009/10 season is concerned.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2009
ol boy. . . we do our talkin on the pitch. Just ask Arsenal.

See u at OT!! we'll talk then wink
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2009
Krayola2:

ol boy. . . we do our talkin on the pitch. Just ask Arsenal.
See u at OT!! we'll talk then wink

Man Utd will disgrace Citeh at OT!!!
Tottenham made more noise and they were undressed by 10 men.
The brand of football United play in the EPL is peerless.

I've got only one word for you: ROONEY!!!!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2009
I'll be here after the game. no shakin cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by khanye(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2009
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2009
No Robinho, no Tevez, and possibly no Adebayor for the derby.

[size=14pt]THIS IS NOT LOOKING GOOD!![/size] angry sad cry
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by tkb417(m): 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2009
Citey will be raped without CD on Sunday

lets go!!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 11:53pm On Sep 16, 2009
Even without Tevez, Robinho and Ade, Citeh still have the depth to give ManU a good run for their money.
They will simply resort to a 4-5-1 with De Jong and Barry being the dual pivot, Ireland thru the middle, SWP and Bellamy on the flanks, and Benjiani upfront. Weiss might also get a run out.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by tkb417(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2009
biina:

Even without Tevez, Robinho and Ade, Citeh still have the depth to give ManU a good run for their money.
They will simply resort to a 4-5-1 with De Jong and Barry being the dual pivot, Ireland thru the middle, SWP and Bellamy on the flanks, and Benjiani upfront. Weiss might also get a run out.

without those 3, if they like let them play 5-5-0 with nobody upfront, they will be beaten blue black
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2009
biina:

At old Trafford, we'll need a lil sumn extra. I don't see it coming from any of those guys to be honest. Bellamy has a reputation for having his moments of absolute brilliance, but they are few and far between. I'm hoping Ade gets to play.

I still hope u're right tho. I'll gladly be wrong on this one. grin grin Wsup with that santa cruz guy? Is he any good?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
The Football Association have confirmed that Emmanuel Adebayor has received a three-match suspension with immediate effect.

He will miss the matches against Manchester United, Fulham (Carling Cup) and West Ham United.

hmmmmn!! angry angry

Altho we've come, to the eeennd of the road, still i caaanntt leeett gooo. . . . cry cry cry cry cry

No shakin.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by tkb417(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2009
tot we were gonna win 3-1 b4 with Ade scoring
now tht hes been banned, its 3-0!!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2009
grin grin haha. . .see this man. Are u going to thief it?

U haven't heard of the Bellamy express that runs thru Ireland, all the way from Ivory coast, to the back of Van der sar's net. shocked shocked Under what rock have u been living? Our squad is deeper than a prostitutes vagina cool cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by tkb417(m): 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2009
who are those ones?
Ireland and Bellamy?

hellooo , this is Manchester United we are talking about not Arsenal not Fulham

3-0!!!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2009
At least all the bad belle people go leave Ade alone. I wish Ade had really stamped on RVPs face and not just grazed him.
But no wahala, in 2 weeks time, Sheyi will be back, more motivated than ever.

As for ManU, 0-1 will still get us all 3pts.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by tkb417(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2009
Biina who be us?

ure a citey fan too grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2009
tkb417:

who are those ones?
Ireland and Bellamy?

hellooo , this is Manchester United we are talking about not Arsenal not Fulham
3-0!!!

Like this is the first time United will be meeting Ireland and Bellamy. . . . .
Just unleash Fletcher on the two of them and letz see how they perform.
SPURS fans are still wondering how United made Lennon look like a poof on Saturday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.