Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Manchester City Fan Thread!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Fan Thread!! (337873 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2009
tkb417:

Biina who be us?

ure a citey fan too grin grin
With all the hate Ade has been getting of recent from those useless gaynners, I don draft Citeh as one of my tier 2 clubs. Favorite english club still remains Leeds (and hopefully they will back in the EPL in the next 2-3yrs)
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2009
Premier League Pest Control: Stamping Out Weasels
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mykali(m): 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
i can here Fergie laughing . . . angry
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by presido1: 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2009
mykali:

i can here Fergie laughing . . . angry
Laffing in Biafra for that marra. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 1:04am On Sep 18, 2009
biina:

Premier League Pest Control: Stamping Out Weasels

grin grin grin that is a masterpiece. I should make it a poster and hang it on my wall!!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 1:33am On Sep 18, 2009
See van Rapist dey chop grass
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 5:08am On Sep 18, 2009
dayokanu:

See van Rapist dey chop grass

hahaha. The guy chop am belleful. He needs his vitamins
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 5:57am On Sep 18, 2009
Van Rapist kissing Adebayor's boots
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by FBS: 6:43am On Sep 18, 2009
Bellam should continue from where he started.

We will watch the match unfold.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by tkb417(m): 8:26am On Sep 18, 2009
only if the guy knew the grazing was gonna fetch him a ban, he would have kicked his face to remove the molar and the front tooth

i love that pic, Van Rapist should behave next time

but guys, Adebayor deserve that ban, see the guy like a rebel from Congo grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by HNIC(m): 8:27am On Sep 18, 2009
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1214280/Carlos-Tevez-fitness-race-derby-clash-old-boss-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Emmanuel-Adebayors-ban-ups-ante.html

Carlos Tevez in fitness race for derby clash with old boss Sir Alex Ferguson as Emmanuel Adebayor's ban ups ante

Carlos Tevez is making a dramatic late bid to be fit for Sunday's derby showdown with his old club Manchester United.

The Argentina striker had looked certain to miss out on the most eagerly awaited Manchester derby for years because of a knee injury, but he is desperate to play at Old Trafford following his acrimonious £25million summer exit from United to Manchester City.
City boss Mark Hughes is short of attacking options after the FA confirmed yesterday that Emmanuel Adebayor must serve a three-match ban for his clash with Arsenal's Robin van Persie in the Barclays Premier League last weekend.

The absence of Adebayor, along with fellow strikers Robinho and Roque Santa Cruz, has made Tevez more determined to face his former teammates this weekend, although City wonder if they should risk him.

Club sources say he has 'an outside chance', and Hughes may even keep him in reserve on the bench.
Even that would represent a remarkable comeback by a player whose chances of playing were written off after he twisted his right knee in Argentina's World Cup qualifying defeat by Brazil a fortnight ago.

Tevez arrived back in the country only this week after City's medical team agreed to allow him to stay behind in South America and receive treatment for the lower knee-ligament injury from Argentina doctors.
Yesterday he was given an extended workout at the club's Carrington training base and he was obviously running freely. He was also kicking a ball as he trained away from the rest of the squad.

City will wait to see if there is any reaction this morning but Tevez still has 48 hours to prove his fitness.
It was the striker's battling qualities that made him such a favourite among United fans who dearly wanted him to stay when his two-year loan expired.

But Tevez claimed he felt unwanted by manager Sir Alex Ferguson and the United board, and vented his frustration after scoring against City in last season's Old Trafford derby.
Now he would like nothing more than to prove Ferguson wrong in allowing him to leave as City bid to maintain their 100 per cent record.

Tevez has already come through one fitness battle since going to Eastlands, recovering from a heel injury he aggravated by slipping in the shower on the pre-season tour of South Africa.
But if City decide to hold him back this time, Hughes will be without £100m-worth of attacking talent for the short trip across Manchester.

With Robinho nursing an ankle injury and Santa Cruz yet to kick a ball in anger since arriving from Blackburn following knee surgery, the loss of Adebayor for three games is a big blow.
Adebayor's former Arsenal team-mate, Cesc Fabregas, claimed he was lucky to escape with only a nasty gash on his left leg as he revealed the evidence of a bad challenge from the City striker last week.
'I think this is a red card,' said the Arsenal captain, pulling up his tracksuit bottoms to show a three-inch gash, plus other cuts, grazes and bruising on his lower leg caused by Adebayor's challenge.
Fabregas added: 'I was lucky my foot was in the air when it happened. I've no idea why he was like this. We always respected him. It's football and we don't think about him any more. He doesn't play for Arsenal and we just have to concentrate on our game.'

Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by tkb417(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2009
a fully fit Tevez wouldnt do jack
now they wanna put a one legged Tevez

Fletcher, pls, all u need do is give him a razorrlike tackle and the leg will be comdemned for the rest of the season

3-0 i insist it will end

twats!! grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by FBS: 8:54am On Sep 18, 2009
tkb417:

a fully fit Tevez wouldnt do jack
now they wanna put a one legged Tevez

Fletcher, pls, all u need do is give him a razorrlike tackle and the leg will be comdemned for the rest of the season

3-0 i insist it will end

twats!! grin
In Citeh's favor? grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by tkb417(m): 9:08am On Sep 18, 2009
for where?
in our Favour of course grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by presido1: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2009
tkb417:

Naah Citeh need him against Chavs, Liverfluke and at emirati in April.

Weda Tevez or not United takes the day.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dyabman(m): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2009
FBS:

In Citeh's favor? grin

oh sure! cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2009
We have lost our 1st game of the season to a very strong UTD at old trafford. Controversy aside united were very dominant but we were able to come back every-time we fell behind . .  almost every time.  Hard loss to take but we live to fight another day.   undecided undecided

make I no lie the thin dey pain me well well . angry angry angry angry sad sad sad
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2009
The only thing bitter is the way we lost. ManU dominated in the second half and derserved to win on strength of play, but adding 8mins of injury time was just daylight robbery.
As to the match itself, it just like any other loss: 3pts missed. We are still on pace with everyone (except possibly Chelsea)
Ade will soon be back, along with Roque, and we are on course for a top 4 finish, with a possible run at the title.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mukina2: 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2009
all of a sudden all this laliga boys dey support citeh. undecided

useless thread tongue
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 12:36am On Sep 21, 2009
mukina2:

all of a sudden all this laliga boys dey support citeh. undecided

useless thread tongue
jealousy dey catch una? tongue
Citeh na better team wey sabi spend money buy correct playas. No be like dat una Arsenal FC of Ijebuland tongue grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 6:12am On Sep 21, 2009
[size=14pt]"No ecxuses. . .Defensive mistakes cost us" Lescott

[/size]

Joleon Lescott refused to allow the added time controversy to become an excuse for City's first defeat of the season in a thriller of a derby at Old Trafford.

England centre-back Lescott and the Blues defence, so tight at the season's start, leaked four goals including a late, late Michael Owen winner scored in the 95th minute.

It cancelled out three City equalisers, including two superb efforts from the impressive Craig Bellamy that did not deserve to be overshadowed by that controversial finish.

Lescott said: "You're disappointed to lose any game - Craig scored two wonder goals for us and we thought we'd done enough to get a point, but it wasn't to be.

"There are no excuses. We are pros and we have to look at ourselves collectively and as individuals and realise that it just wasn't good enough.

"We look at each other and we've made mistakes. We started the season with four clean sheets and now we've conceded goals. We have to correct that.

"Last-minute goals are hard to take. We are gutted to lose as we did. Maybe we showed a bit of naivety towards the end. We're not a side to sit back. We want to win every game but sometimes you have to realise you can't."

Lescott is fully aware that the trip to the defending champions, hard on the heels of the 4-2 win over Arsenal, was seen as a litmus test for Mark Hughes' new-look City side.

He said: "A lot was made of this game beforehand, but you can't come to Old Trafford, concede four goals, and expect to get anything. We'll have to work on that in the week.

"Their fans didn't go home thinking it was an easy game. We put them under a lot of pressure today and if we'd got the draw it would have been fully deserved.

"We believe in ourselves and we believe that we can push for honours this season. Arsenal came here and lost too. We still believe we can finish in the top four."

As Blues departed to regroup, Lescott added: "It's good that we've a Carling Cup tie against Fulham on Wednesday to put things right. It would have been hard to wait another eight days until the West Ham game."
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mukina2: 12:11am On Sep 23, 2009
biina:

jealousy dey catch una? tongue
Citeh na better team wey sabi spend money buy correct playas. No be like dat una Arsenal FC of Ijebuland tongue grin grin

naa i nor fit jolos wannabes tongue

we go see where dem fit last tongue grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 5:01am On Sep 23, 2009
mukina2:

naa i nor fit jolos wannabes tongue

we go see where dem fit last tongue grin
shocked wannabes wey beat one kain club like dat 4-2 tongue grin
I sure say yansh still dey pain wenger and his boiz after the ass whooping una receive. tongue grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by tkb417(m): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2009
@krayola
Thanks for being objective
Its hard to take cos the last goal was conceded in the prolonged added mins,
I feel ya

But UTD shld have won that game fair and square
RIO and our goalie made it look you guys gave us a tough time
UTD were dominant througout

Nyways, I think we want to sell RIO for 80 quid
U interested? We can manage a decent 5mill quid player
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by HNIC(m): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2009
"I saw Gary Neville running off like a lunatic" - Mark Hughes after watching The Neviller run towards the Man City fans, realise what he was doing, and then pretend to warm up (despite the fact that United had used all their substitutes).
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Sauron1: 1:46am On Sep 28, 2009
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mystikal(m): 4:57am On Sep 28, 2009
I couldnt help notice Hitler didnt have a go @ Adebayor, strange!!!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 10:19pm On Sep 28, 2009
Man City 3 - 1 West Ham.
Brace from Tevez, and returns for Santa Cruz and Johnson
Next is Aston Villa, and Ade returns from his suspension. Ireland should also be available for the match and (excluding Robinho) we should have a full squad available against villa.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by HNIC(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2009
Mad-ebayor!
Can u see how it's done

Tevez;After his goal at Eastlands

Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by presido1: 11:42am On Sep 29, 2009
^ Dude hammers fan did not booo him while he was there. So no need to over react.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mukina2: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2009
HNIC:

Mad-ebayor!
Can u see how it's done

Tevez;After his goal at Eastlands

was about mentioning that.

Tevez is class shocked Ade is trash tongue

I love Carlton Cole's flick yesterday grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.