Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) (17258 Views)

Bible's Supernatural Nuggets! / I May Now Believe In The Supernatural / Atheists Who Believe In The Supernatural Please Come In(discussion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by donnffd(m): 1:36am On May 14, 2016
analice107:

Is it that you deny these things or they don't happen where you come from?
when i was a kid, there were these Jaz men who come to entertain us with magic, afterwards sell their wares. A man will use this knife Mae Suya uses to slice through their stomach, stick it into their eyes, nothing happens. A man will lie down and a plank will be place on him, a car will drive through him, nothing will happen to him, i have seen a man who lifted a car with his teeth off the ground. he stood erect with the car by his teeth.
An Hausa man came to my village, he never went into the River, How he did it, no one knows till this day, but he tied a robe to a stick by the bank of the river and spiritually tied an Hippopotamus and pulled it to the river bank and it was killed. He never stepped inside the water.
I have seen where a man took an empty giant Milo Can , opened it for us to see it was empty, closed it, shook it and open it again, steaming hot Jellof rice filled the Can, he scoped it out and people ate it to prove it was indeed rice.
Its either you are lying or you are living in denial.

Like you yourself said, they came to entertain you with magic tricks, because you were fooled with some magic tricks as a child doesn't mean they had supernatural powers!

Magic is what it is, an illusion and as a child, its easier for you to fall for the trick than an adult,but even at that those people must hav practiced those tricks for years for them to be pros at it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by dalaman: 3:17am On May 14, 2016
analice107:

when i was a kid, there were these Jaz men who come to entertain us with magic, afterwards sell their wares. A man will use this knife Mae Suya uses to slice through their stomach, stick it into their eyes, nothing happens. A man will lie down and a plank will be place on him, a car will drive through him, nothing will happen to him, i have seen a man who lifted a car with his teeth off the ground. he stood erect with the car by his teeth.
An Hausa man came to my village, he never went into the River, How he did it, no one knows till this day, but he tied a robe to a stick by the bank of the river and spiritually tied an Hippopotamus and pulled it to the river bank and it was killed. He never stepped inside the water.
I have seen where a man took an empty giant Milo Can , opened it for us to see it was empty, closed it, shook it and open it again, steaming hot Jellof rice filled the Can, he scoped it out and people ate it to prove it was indeed rice.Its either you are lying or you are living in denial.

You are too close minded and ignorant. Please watch the secrets of magic revealed on YouTube and see how all these tricks and more are revealed. World famous Magicans like David Copperfield, Richard Angel and Randi have all stated that there is nothing like the supernatural when it comes to magic. It's all an illusion. These men do things on camera that no juju mam in your village can ever do. But they still say it's all tricks. Why then should any body believe you a gullible spectator?
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by dalaman: 3:25am On May 14, 2016
Juju is nothing but a mythical and superstitious belief we invented as Africans to deceive and delude ourselves. If juju works then why can't we use it to cure cancer, Ebola and lass fever? Why are the rich among us travelling abroad for better medical treatment if juju works? Why won't they when ignorant and foolish doctors are attributing diseases to juju in Nigeria. Why can't we usejuju to win wars? Why is Boko Haram terrorizing us? Why is the Nigerian military not using juju to conquer them but instead relying on guns, warplanes are other western arms?
Why is our economy in shambles? Any juju theory on how to solve economic problems? Why won't Africa be backwards and a cesspool when we believe in mythology, superstition and madness as facts?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by kevoh(m): 5:44am On May 14, 2016
GooseBaba:

First of all how does a charm look like..?

Same question what's the point of a bullet proof vest. undecided a bullet proof vest cannot guarantee the wearer that a bullet will not go through the opening under his armpit, neck.

Bullet proof vest makers have never claimed vests will do the impossible like charm users claim to. It does not make you Superman. It's without doubt glaring to the unbiased observer you'll get hurt if shot in exposed parts like the leg, hand, head or under the armpit even on the chest with the vest on if shot at close range.

While for the charm bullet proof makers, believers and users the popular opinion has always being you are impenetrable. Yoruba movies always depict this even the OP made mention of it . You on the other hand are coming with a new natural science spin (the first I'm learning ) which actually rubbishes and kills the popular held notion by believers and users and takes us back to square one that so called charms DO NOT WORK.

GooseBaba:

This is simply science it has nothing to do with spirit world. You can toughen your skin with different substance. Just like you can smooth, darken or lighten your skin with different substance. Same thing done differently through ingesting certain herbs and traditional injection.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by kevoh(m): 5:47am On May 14, 2016
analice107:

I have seen where a man took an empty giant Milo Can , opened it for us to see it was empty, closed it, shook it and open it again, steaming hot Jellof rice filled the Can, he scoped it out and people ate it to prove it was indeed rice.

Lol... grin Someone like you will believe Chris Angel is a devil who has powers to perform magic tricks!
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Amberon: 5:52am On May 14, 2016
No sir!! Christianity teaches us that we are spirits and Jesus Christ exists in the spirit realm (supernatural) so any christian who doesn't believe in the supernatural is a fool of the first order.
Oluwaseytiano:
What is atheism? And, havent u seen Christians who don't believe in the supernatural?

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Amberon: 6:05am On May 14, 2016
You have just proven beyond reasonable doubt that you're indeed dumb.

Do you burn calories by doubting? Heck! someone just gave their real life experiences and you're spilling garbage all over. Did you not also watch the video on NL of a girl whose vagina got infested by maggots after sleeping with a ritualist?

You obviously find your bliss in your delusions of grandeur.
plaetton:
Juju , just like God, is a contradiction in terms.

Juju is supposed to be the possession and display of supernatural powers.

Just like God, we have never in a stadium been serviced with a display of supernatural juju.
Everything about juju, just like God, is dem say, dem say.

If juju was real, the world's technological, military and economic superpowers would be a roll call of super juju Nations.

We had juju, but few oyinbo men sailed thousands of miles across the seas to steal our sons and daughters for hundreds of years ?

And they walked right back to take all our land, our resources, gave us medicine to heal out sick, showed us better ways to plant our crops, etc. Etc.

Nonsense.
Just like God, we invent the myth of juju to scare ourselves.
Nothing more.

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Amberon: 6:07am On May 14, 2016
seconded.
KingEbukasBlog:

Mtcheeew ...

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by ifenes(m): 6:27am On May 14, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
Before I proceed, what Is Juju?
Juju is a common Nigerian term for Black magic. It's also referred to by some Nigerians as Jazz. It's basically the evoking of supernatural powers/forces to perform a task or objective. This objective may include the bad ones such as: causing harm to someone, either by inflicting them with a certain critical unexplainable illness, or causing their death. It may also include the good or supposedly good ones such as: healing someone, making someone rich or protecting oneself from the effect of weapons such as guns and blades.

I attended a Bentinho Massaro talk show a few years back in New York and he went on talking about Parallel reality shift and how to make Quantum Jumps from one reality to another. He thinks the Mind is a super Teleportation, or Teletransportation machine that can do anything it believes it can. I felt the guy should have known about African Voodoo.

In our modern day world, for instance, we do not often realize how we are living a consensual reality of unconscious consumerist madness. We just feel that’s pretty normal and the way it is…but clearly it is not…it is just a constructed and warped reality in which we were molded.

I have always wondered what Juju is all about. I later came to the realization that Juju serves as a door way to experience or change a Parallel reality or a dimensional shift. This is a fantastic tool being undermined by Africans. Basically it helps someone familiar with this knowledge exercise a portion of the Mind power(which unfortunately is going extinct and sadly in the hands of the wrong people)to change what they experience

Let me put it this way. When you have a Sky TV Box which enables you to watch 100 channels,but you can only watch one. But you know 100 different programs are playing at the same time. The ability to switch from one program to watch another is called the use of Juju/Miracle/Quantum teleportation/mind power.

Hence someone experiencing a life of poverty can switch to a more preferable reality. Our Minds have been polluted in churches and unworthy educational systems that makes us think we are pretty much powerless. As far as I am concerned,Juju is just another tool to change your life to whatever you want.

Juju is exacty what B. K. Hayer was talking about when he wrote a book about- Making Quantum Leaps & Knowing Zero Limits!

Now, I was born a christian and I was indoctrinated in the religion of christianity and I have since upheld it's doctrines until recently when I began to question these doctrines and beliefs and the general concept of religion(the belief in a God) as a whole. My questioning and search for knowledge led me to Nairaland; Religion section especially, and I must say, I have gone through a massive mental shift in my perception of Christianity and Religion, thanks to the objective arguments and comments of users like Cloudgoddess and Johnydon22 and other intelligently and rational minded Nairalanders.

I have decided to bid goodbye to religion and embrace atheism, but one thing is holding me back. I have discredited every other belief I had been indoctrinated in; The believe in the so called goodness of God, the believe that Christianity is the one true religion and every other religion is a lie, the believe in the tooth-fairy like biblical creation story, other fallible biblical explanations for the existence and essence of humanity and the various baseless beliefs enveloped under the umbrella of Christianity.
But like I said, one thing is holding me back and making me doubt the position of atheists and their believe that God and the supernatural doesn't exist- And that thing is the evidencial existence of Juju.

As I continue, I would like to share these few stories.

As I was perusing through NL one day, I came across a thread where a doctor on NL shared the tale of a girl was brought to the hospital where he worked and this girl was said to have been complaining of extreme stomach ache. When a scan was done, the doctors noticed something that they hadn't seen before- There were live insects seen crawling around the walls of her stomach and internal organs. According to the doctor, there was nothing anyone could do about her condition and after few hours, she died. Now, under medical cross examination, there was no explanation for how these insects found their way and were able to survive inside her. This girl was said to have been inflicted by the person she had sex with trough Juju, supposedly for money rituals.
If a supernatural force from where whosoever did this evil to the girl drew his power from didn't exist, then how was this possible?

Growing up, I lived close to a popular university here in Nigeria, and one day I witnessed a cultist attack on a cult member of another cult group. Right in my presence this guy was shot multiple times with a pistol and the bullet didn't penetrate his body, it was not until his pursuers caught up to him and after realizing their guns were useless, they used a machete and cut him with it till he died.
Now, how was this guy able to withstand the effect of bullets?

When I was in secondary school, I had a female friend who traveled to her village for a ceremony, and one morning as she woke up to urinate, she stepped on the door mat in front of her room and she became paralyzed instantly. Not only that, her legs began to swell up. She was taken to different hospitals but nothing could be done to curb her strange illness. It was not until she contacted a spiritualist that the cause of her illness was revealed. Now this isn't a here say story. She told me herself. She even showed me pictures of her legs.
If Juju doesn't exist, how was this possible?

I used these stories because they are ones I saw with my eyes and life experiences from people I can validate them from. Aside from these ones, I have heard other stories of people who were struck supernaturally, with ailments that couldn't be explained medically. Stories of people who were sick almost to the point of death, but all body processes were functioning properly, and in medical terms, they were healthy.

I have heard of people who sacrificed their fellow humans and family members to make money, and they actually made the money. Everyday we hear of stories of people how were kidnapped, some killed, with some of their body parts supposedly stolen for ritualistic purposes. If these rituals didn't actually work, people wouldn't invest into it right? So it means it works and people benefit from it and others are able to see evidence and decided to sell their conscience and delve into it.

Atheists in the house, what's the logical and rational explanation for this? Where do these people draw their powers from? How are all these occurrences possible? Does this mean supernatural powers exist? If it does, then there must be a hierarchy, and a power has to be at the top of the power chain..

I have heard stories of people who claimed they were once evil and they wielded special powers but these powers were overcome by the power of the christian God. If God and the supernatural doesn't exist, how is all this possible?

Your replies would be highly appreciated. Please pardon the length of my post.

Cc
Johnydon22
Cloudgoddess
PastorAIO
Freecocoa
Hardmirror
JackBizzle
Sonoflucifer
Plaetton
Sarassin
Alfamann
Oluwaseytiano
Kaboninc
Dazzlingd
Lepasharon
Calliope
Santori
Purerealist
Simplex2
Deepsight
Thehomer
Ifenes
Juststardust
Immorttal
Muttleylaff
Gatiano
Holocron

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by analice107: 7:20am On May 14, 2016
kevoh:

Lol... grin Someone like you will believe Chris Angel is a devil who has powers to perform magic tricks!
He doesnt?

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by analice107: 7:34am On May 14, 2016
dalaman:

You are too close minded and ignorant. Please watch the secrets of magic revealed on YouTube and see how all these tricks and more are revealed. World famous Magicans like David Copperfield, Richard Angel and Randi have all stated that there is nothing like the supernatural when it comes to magic. It's all an illusion. These men do things on camera that no juju mam in your village can ever do. But they still say it's all tricks. Why then should any body believe you a gullible spectator?
Mr Openmind, I have, and i also know those ones are also lying. You all are in the same boat, think we don't know. Deniability is satan's craft.
Answer the Ops.

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by analice107: 7:47am On May 14, 2016
donnffd:

Like you yourself said, they came to entertain you with magic tricks, because you were fooled with some magic tricks as a child doesn't mean they had supernatural powers!

Magic is what it is, an illusion and as a child, its easier for you to fall for the trick than an adult,but even at that those people must hav practiced those tricks for years for them to be pros at it
hmmm. okay. But one of those guys playing with knives died in another occasion. They came again, brandishing knives, slicing here and there, but silently in the crowed stood one man who had come there to challenge them with h his own potent charms. The Magic was slicing his stomach, and the knife went through and all his intestines came gushing out. The whole scattered, his colleagues tried to rush him to the hospital, he died.
What kind of tricks can you do to lift a car, a whole car with the driver still at the steering, with your teeth, lie on the floor and a car drives over you?
What about the Jellof rice inside an empty Milo Can? this one i wasn't a Child.

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by donnffd(m): 8:06am On May 14, 2016
analice107:

hmmm. okay. But one of those guys playing with knives died in another occasion. They came again, brandishing knives, slicing here and there, but silently in the crowed stood one man who had come there to challenge them with h his own potent charms. The Magic was slicing his stomach, and the knife went through and all his intestines came gushing out. The whole scattered, his colleagues tried to rush him to the hospital, he died.
What kind of tricks can you do to lift a car, a whole car with the driver still at the steering, with your teeth, lie on the floor and a car drives over you?
What about the Jellof rice inside an empty Milo Can? this one i wasn't a Child.

Have you heard of David Blaine or Chris angel?, I suggest you watch some of their magic tricks on youtube, it is synonymous to what we call juju here.

Just because you can't explain it, doesn't mean it is supernatural.

Imagine these scenario, both of us where to stumble upon a time traveling machine and jump back in time to the ancient Greeks carrying our smart phones(now ignore the mobile service infrastructure), if we were to make calls to one another and these ancients saw us, they would regard us has gods because we can communicate over tremendous distances at an instant, the most intelligent of them might reject us has gods but would still be amazed at the powers we have, they might be tempted to think its supernatural...Nope, its not, its purely physics and perfectly natural, but because they dnt understand some concepts, it would seem supernatural to them. Now lets jump into the future, we would be shocked what we would find, sentient computer, teleportation, faster than light travel, uploading your consciousness to a flash drive, things of that sort, things we can't imagine, would you call it supernatural?, I doubt it, so why call the little one here that you don't understand, supernatural?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by wirinet(m): 8:16am On May 14, 2016
johnydon22:

This story in particular saddened me to my marrows, because such instances actually happens in our medical arena, it is a pointer sadly to how backwards, retarded and imbecilic Africans can be even the supposedly educated ones.

Any doctor who thinks an ailment is juju because he has no idea what is going on should be stripped off his certificates because they are completely useless and his years in universities wasted.

When will people learn, ignorance is not a gap that should be filled with an absurd assumption.

That he has no idea what happened means he don't

But i'm not surprised since you even mentioned it was a NL doctor ...

Now let me tell my own story..

Back forward like 600years ago in the medieval era, superstition was prevalent in europe just like it is now firmly grounded in Africa.

Once upon a time during this time in the history of Europe, the doctors of that era actually thought Epilepsy was a demonic attack.

Now 21st century, doctors do not think that, we now know better except of course some imbeciles in white dress seating in some African hospitals.

It is a sad reality that some doctors in Africa has turned medical practice in Africa into a voodoo diagnosing point, a laughing stock in the global scale of an incredibly civilized and informed 21st century world.

Left to such persons we would still be thinking Epilepsy was a demonic attack, or H.I.V as a result of village people attacking someone.

Tell me is that the type of world you'd like to live in?

A world that backwards, primitive and crude?

Where some illiterates in white dress (Some African doctors) suggest juju, in saner climes they would be working tirelessly day and night in the lab to find out exactly what is going on and possibly when that is achieved find a cure thereby saving millions.

Human body can harbour a whole lot of parasites, rationally it is possible a certain type of insect can be one of such too.
Can't the egg of such an insect be ingested through contaminated foods? thereby hatching in a hosts body?

It was a strange sight for the doctor, but it was actually a call for study to find out what really is and not conjure the absurd notion of juju to fill a gap of ignorance.

Even though the story seems very vague to me as the type of scan was not mentioned, the type of insect either i'd not touch that.

Now a world of advice from me
Believe what ever you want, juju/magic, jazz but any day you come to a hospital for diagnosis and the doctor says.

"Uuuhm young man i can't really find out what's wrong with you, its strange and i don't understand it, i think or strongly believe it must be juju"

Please my brother, take your shoes, dust them and run for your dear life..

My johnny, i still can't thank you enough for the wonderful work you are doing here to free our youth from religious indoctrination. The time and effort you take in de-indoctrination of our youth is enormous. We need our youths to use their time, energy and innovation to chart our future instead of wasting their time only on religious activities. You remind me of the legendary Tai Solarin, he was responsible for my own de-indoctrination in the early 80's.

Let me add my on opinion on this so called "insert in the body juju". Even though we do not have the full details of the diagnosis of the doctor, so we can know the type of insect and where they infected the body, insects infecting the human body is no big deal. My best friend once had a big insect and (larva of some sort of fly), removed from his skin, it was huge. I think fly larva infecting the skin is fairly common in Nigeria. As for fully grown insects like cockroaches and terminates, i do not know, but i do know that the human body is capable of labouring a large number of parasites.

If a qualified medical doctor (a scientist) actually saw strange insects in a patients body and just shouted "juju", then that doctor should have his license revoked. Even if he was not curious enough to actually obtain samples of the insects for further examination, he should have at least reported the strange case to the Federal ministry of health and the world health organization to stop further infestations. If the world (human body) is being invaded by alien insects or strange disease, that is how a Nigerian doctor will throw his hands up and shout juju.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by analice107: 8:23am On May 14, 2016
donnffd:

Have you heard of David Blaine or Chris angel?, I suggest you watch some of their magic tricks on youtube, it is synonymous to what we call juju here.

Imagine these scenario, both of us where to stumble upon a time traveling machine and jump back in time to the ancient Greeks carrying our smart phones(now ignore the mobile service infrastructure), if we were to make calls to one another and these ancients saw us, they would regard us has gods because we can communicate over tremendous distances at an instant, the most intelligent of them might reject us has gods but would still be amazed at the powers we have, they might be tempted to think its supernatural...Nope, its not, its purely physics and perfectly natural, but because they dnt understand some concepts, it would seem supernatural to them. Now lets jump into the future, we would be shocked what we would find, sentient computer, teleportation, faster than light travel, uploading your consciousness to a flash drive, things of that sort, things we can't imagine, would you call it supernatural?, I doubt it, so why call the little one here that you don't understand, supernatural?
I watch Chris Angel, i am not so familiar the other guy you mentioned.
Fine, they are called tricks and on TV.
Am talking about the ones i have see with my eyes. The Jellof Rice episode its not that long ago, in the broad day light. The guy picked the Can, opened it for everyone to see the content, it was empty. He closed it, still holding it, all he did was shake it, he opened it again, hot steaming Jellof Rice, with meat. Guys collected that rice and ate.
And Why don't we UNDERSTAND THESE THINGS?
Listen dear, am a Christian and don't lay attention to what satan and his Seeds are doing, but there are stuff you come across that you cant just dismiss. Satan has his power believe it or not, these things are real.
Another Magician came up saying, those trying to explain away Magic as mere tricks, are doing so with the intent of denying aatan's existence, its all an act. All of them are in the same boat

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by analice107: 8:32am On May 14, 2016
donnffd:

What Physics enables a man pick up a car with his teeth standing up right with his hands behind his back? And, No it wasn't on TV, we cant explain it away as illusion.

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by blueAgent(m): 8:34am On May 14, 2016
Oluwaseytiano:
Av seen Christians who don't believe in juju, FACT.

Impossible they believe it cannot hurt them (faith) not that it does not exist.

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by blueAgent(m): 8:35am On May 14, 2016
Barristter07:

freecocoa

while trying to prove smart, you are actually showing ignorance with your post above.

there are some medical cases in which medical practitioners sense the influence of black powers in the condition of some patients , would you say this doesnt exist too ?

True

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by blueAgent(m): 8:37am On May 14, 2016
johnydon22:

Well to start first of all, yes i am one of those who don't believe in the spirity juju claims, for very straight reasons.

For anything to be displayed in a television it must be directly a picture of the television, we don't see pictures in the t.v and say

"You see this picture? out of all the pictures in this television that one is actually alien from the television and is super-television image"

So too is the relationship between things manifesting in nature and the idea of supernatural. . .Anything manifesting within nature is nature, if there are ghosts and they can actually appear in this natural world then they are completely natural.

Thats why i like the name superNATURAL. . it speaks a lot, still Natural but super, in fact all of nature is super so there is nothing special in that word

I have always said "People would believe any idea rooted on their ignorance"

The only time people invoke Juju, spirity, supernatural is when they lack the fundamental information regarding what actually happened, it's almost like they are only invoked as a place holder for ignorance.

Take for instance the doctor instance you gave, you are inclined to believe it's juju simply because you had no idea how it happened.

If we all subscribe to that line of thought humanity would still be primitive and sadly naive, i am sorry to use such blunt words.

That you had no idea how it happened means you don't not juju which in fact is as vague as vague can get...

The things we term juju, black magic or any other ridiculous term people may curb out for it are simply a simplistic way of filling up ignorance with absurd fearful superstition, vague ideas.

A simple probe would actually reveal what really is.

Have you watched a magic show before? they perform incredible feats that are fascinating and out of the world but simply probe further than meets the eye everything falls apart, once the tactics behind the illusion is unraveled it becomes useless.

I will pick your stories one after the other, show the holes in some, explain in my own understanding (since i wasn't there) some of the instances.

But before i proceed i will also want to emphasize the blatant naive misconception here.

[b]Atheism has nothing to do with Juju/spirity beliefs.

Atheism doesn't mean disbelief in spirits, No! atheism simply means disbelief in God.

whether you believe in juju or not is blatantly independent of it ..

Juju/jazz or anything or other superstitions around them can be independent of belief in God.

One can believe such thing and be an atheist as long as such a person does not believe in any God.

One can still believe in a God and not juju/jazz stuffs... so you see?

Do not equate atheists as people who do not believe in juju that is wrong, Atheist is just a word labeled on those who don't believe in God(s)

What ever it is you believe or not believe after that is your own cup of personal tea.

there are some atheists who buy the juju beliefs only that majority of we atheists in this 21st century tend to lean towards science as the most reliable way of truthful deductions and so we tend to dismiss the juju claims.

I only want to correct this first since your questions were actually based on that wrong premise of "atheist not believing in juju" here you have it, some do…
[/b]

Now i will pick your stories one after the other, i will give my personal rational explanations to it, expose some holes, but in no way claims my opinions are absolutely true.

you need not agree to them, i won't even argue here.

I will address them from the perspective of an atheist who don't believe in Juju things, an atheist who does probably will agree with you that juju exists but no God(s)

Clown. why not vist a native doctor and confront them.

3 Likes

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by blueAgent(m): 8:39am On May 14, 2016
johnydon22:

Only in Africa explains why most black politicians abandon our hospitals for western ones when they fall sick.

to avoid such imbecilic unprofessionalism.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by blueAgent(m): 8:40am On May 14, 2016
johnydon22:

Only in Africa explains why most black politicians abandon our hospitals for western ones when they fall sick.

to avoid such imbecilic unprofessionalism.

And your same politicians patronize Native doctors like the Okija Shrine incidence and hundreds of human body part markets that have been discovered.

3 Likes

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by blueAgent(m): 8:42am On May 14, 2016
To all the Clowns calling themselves Apethist
Albert Pike .one of the well known occultist wrote about their invention of Atheism.

In 1871, a letter was written to a man
in Italy named, Mazzini, from a Aberlt pike

We shall unleash the Nihilists
(People who reject all morality
and religious belief)
and the Atheists and we shall
provoke a formidable social
cataclysm which, in all its
horror will show clearly to the
nations the effect of absolute
atheism, the origin of savagery
and of the most bloody turmoil.
Then everywhere, the citizens,
forced to defend themselves
against the world minority of
revolutionaries, will exterminate
those destroyers of civilization,
and the multitude, disillusioned
with Christianity, whose deistic
spirits will form direction and
leadership, anxious for an ideal,
but without knowledge where
to render its adoration, will
receive the pure light through
the universal manifestation of
the pure doctrine of Lucifer,
brought finally out into public
view, a manifestation which will
result from a general
reactionary movement which
will follow the destruction of
Christianity and atheism, both
conquered and exterminated at
the same time.” ...
Wow, what does this quote mean? I'll
break it down, since it does require
It's quite simple. The first paragraph
has been fulfilled in America, and it's
consequences have been horrifying, just
as Pike predicted. The moral anarchists,
Humanists and Atheists behind the lies
of evolution, feminism, abortion, and
the homosexual agenda have caused
social cataclysm. We have deteriorated
into a decadent society .

2 Likes

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by blueAgent(m): 8:43am On May 14, 2016
waldigit:
Beloved you have good heart. I was once in ur state of mind hence I am passionate about you. Pls the truth is Jesus. Go 4 it. One of d greatest trick of devil is Atheism and only Fools fall for it.

Don't mind those fools.
In 1871, a letter was written to a man
in Italy named, Mazzini, from a Aberlt pike

We shall unleash the Nihilists
(People who reject all morality
and religious belief)
and the Atheists and we shall
provoke a formidable social
cataclysm which, in all its
horror will show clearly to the
nations the effect of absolute
atheism, the origin of savagery
and of the most bloody turmoil.
Then everywhere, the citizens,
forced to defend themselves
against the world minority of
revolutionaries, will exterminate
those destroyers of civilization,
and the multitude, disillusioned
with Christianity, whose deistic
spirits will form direction and
leadership, anxious for an ideal,
but without knowledge where
to render its adoration, will
receive the pure light through
the universal manifestation of
the pure doctrine of Lucifer,
brought finally out into public
view, a manifestation which will
result from a general
reactionary movement which
will follow the destruction of
Christianity and atheism, both
conquered and exterminated at
the same time.” ...
Wow, what does this quote mean? I'll
break it down, since it does require
It's quite simple. The first paragraph
has been fulfilled in America, and it's
consequences have been horrifying, just
as Pike predicted. The moral anarchists,
Humanists and Atheists behind the lies
of evolution, feminism, abortion, and
the homosexual agenda have caused
social cataclysm. We have deteriorated
into a decadent society .
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by johnydon22(m): 9:01am On May 14, 2016
wirinet:

My johnny, i still can't thank you enough for the wonderful work you are doing here to free our youth from religious indoctrination. The time and effort you take in de-indoctrination of our youth is enormous. We need our youths to use their time, energy and innovation to chart our future instead of wasting their time only on religious activities. You remind me of the legendary Tai Solarin, he was responsible for my own de-indoctrination in the early 80's.

Let me add my on opinion on this so called "insert in the body juju". Even though we do not have the full details of the diagnosis of the doctor, so we can know the type of insect and where they infected the body, insects infecting the human body is no big deal. My best friend once had a big insect and (larva of some sort of fly), removed from his skin, it was huge. I think fly larva infecting the skin is fairly common in Nigeria. As for fully grown insects like cockroaches and terminates, i do not know, but i do know that the human body is capable of labouring a large number of parasites.

If a qualified medical doctor (a scientist) actually saw strange insects in a patients body and just shouted "juju", then that doctor should have his license revoked. Even if he was not curious enough to actually obtain samples of the insects for further examination, he should have at least reported the strange case to the Federal ministry of health and the world health organization to stop further infestations. If the world (human body) is being invaded by alien insects or strange disease, that is how a Nigerian doctor will throw his hands up and shout juju.
it saddens me really my boss, no wonder Africa is a laughing stock for the world in terms of medical science.

Even doctors who should be (applied scientists) also employ superstition in african something the world moved past hundreds of years.

I have done what i can to bear my thoughts, amidst all the childish rants that has befallen the thread i'm sure sane people know how to sieve sheer idiocy from points.

GrizzlyBear i have done my bit, forgive me if i discontinue this thread as it has been turned childish by irrelevant childish rants and unnecessary ad hominems.

I hope your quest for what is true illuminates you more, if you have questions for me reach out to me anytime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by donnffd(m): 9:12am On May 14, 2016
analice107:

I watch Chris Angel, i am not so familiar the other guy you mentioned.
Fine, they are called tricks and on TV.
Am talking about the ones i have see with my eyes. The Jellof Rice episode its not that long ago, in the broad day light. The guy picked the Can, opened it for everyone to see the content, it was empty. He closed it, still holding it, all he did was shake it, he opened it again, hot steaming Jellof Rice, with meat. Guys collected that rice and ate.
And Why don't we UNDERSTAND THESE THINGS?
Listen dear, am a Christian and don't lay attention to what satan and his Seeds are doing, but there are stuff you come across that you cant just dismiss. Satan has his power believe it or not, these things are real.
Another Magician came up saying, those trying to explain away Magic as mere tricks, are doing so with the intent of denying aatan's existence, its all an act. All of them are in the same boat

When a magician tells you a trick is happening here,the real trick is happening somewhere else...

Why did he close the container and shake it? Why ddnt he just make the rice appear right in front of your faces, I am very sure the trick happened at d time he was shaking that container...dude fine, you are religious, I respect that, but I haven't seen any real evidence for the supernatural, and I don't think any exists

2 Likes

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by GooseBaba: 9:32am On May 14, 2016
kevoh:

Bullet proof vest makers have never claimed vests will do the impossible like charm users claim to. It does not make you Superman. It's without doubt glaring to the unbiased observer you'll get hurt if shot in exposed parts like the leg, hand, head or under the armpit even on the chest with the vest on if shot at close range.

While for the charm bullet proof makers, believers and users the popular opinion has always being you are impenetrable. Yoruba movies always depict this even the OP made mention of it . You on the other hand are coming with a new natural science spin (the first I'm learning ) which actually rubbishes and kills the popular held notion by believers and users and takes us back to square one that so called charms DO NOT WORK.

Exactly, movies, popular opinion and hearsay are your evidence....

So how do you think this devices are made? From spiritual and mystical components I presume. Not from natural substance. (that's science) Clearly you have not seen one or observed it's application. Therefore, your conclusion is simply a bias assumption grounded on mysticism.

The cool part of it all. Those who use it understand it's limitations.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by analice107: 9:50am On May 14, 2016
donnffd:

When a magician tells you a trick is happening here,the real trick is happening somewhere else...

Why did he close the container and shake it? Why ddnt he just make the rice appear right in front of your faces, I am very sure the trick happened at d time he was shaking that container...dude fine, you are religious, I respect that, but I haven't seen any real evidence for the supernatural, and I don't think any exists
Hmm. You said you are SURE the trick happened while he shook the Container, as in, he trickishly switched the container with another one while still standing there before my korokoro eyes in the afternoon? Its well.
You said it was physics, and i wanted to understand the physics of lifting a car with teeth, standing up right with his hands behind his back.

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by HardMirror(m): 9:53am On May 14, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Your replies would be highly appreciated. Please pardon the length of my post.

Cc
Johnydon22
Cloudgoddess
PastorAIO
Freecocoa
Hardmirror
JackBizzle
Sonoflucifer
Plaetton
Sarassin
Alfamann
Oluwaseytiano
Kaboninc
Dazzlingd
Lepasharon
Calliope
Santori
Purerealist
Simplex2
Deepsight
Thehomer
Ifenes
Juststardust
Immorttal
Muttleylaff
Gatiano
Holocron

The real question is what is God?
That is the root question we should answer.

When you are able to define God appropriately it becomes easy to address all these questions about God.

The dictionary meaning of God does not in anyway prove God exists, it only points to the fact that Religion says God exists and this is what religion says God is.
If God is limited to the definition religion gives It, then which God is God?
Which claims about God is true?

Juju and supernatural DOES NOT prove God exists. If you see a dog on the road it does not prove God exists, it only proves dog exists.

If you see a car on the road, it does not prove Man exists. We know man exists because man can testify for himself. Man can prove for himself that he made the car.

You don't see monkey, goats, dogs fighting over who made the car.
There is order.

So which God made the supernatural? Can the God attest for itself?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by sweetcocoa(f): 10:18am On May 14, 2016
analice107:

This girl though, smh.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Tellemall: 10:22am On May 14, 2016
plaetton:

Which medical practitioners?

Third world doctors , even when well trained, don't have modern medical equipment to quickly diagnose most modern diseases and cancers.

So, it's very easy for I'll equipped doctors to give up when ailments fall beyond the diagnostic capabilities of their equipments.

But how come we only hear this kind of stuff in semi primitive societies?

The key denominators being SUPERSTITION and technological challenges.

"Juju" isn't limited to primitive or "semi primitive " people.

Why do Westerners have ghost hunters and haunted houses, etc? What is a Ouija board used for? Is that a function of primitivity? Science just can't explain the soul and spirit, there is no equation or container for it.

The first person I heard speak openly about witchcraft was not a primitive/semi primitive or a even a black or an Asian. It was a white atheist. And we were in a place quite advanced technologically. So you really need to stop guessing. You make it sound like people in third world countries are thoughtless.

You will find doctors in advance climes call a disease "idiopathic". A more primitive person will call it what it is. The idea behind not having a scientific explanation for it is still the same.

If an atheist can believe in supernatural powers, then God is not far from them. It takes the same amount of mental docility to be superstitious.

4 Likes

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by quivah(f): 10:23am On May 14, 2016
analice107:

Hmm. You said you are SURE the trick happened while he shook the Container, as in, he trickishly switched the container with another one while still standing there before my korokoro eyes in the afternoon? Its well.
You said it was physics, and i wanted to understand the physics of lifting a car with teeth, standing up right with his hands behind his back.
Hmm madam!
He lifted the car with his teeth? What part of the car did his teeth hang to?
Cause I'm wondering if there's any part of a car that can easily or perfectly fit into someone's mouth.. The car's side mirror? Tire? Car's door handle?

And yeah! It can happen before your korokoro eye, Chris angel walked on water before the viewers' korokoro eye, also when he supposedly tore a woman into two while she still struggled to crawl .
...alive!! They were all there and were amazed..
That's why its called a magic..trick in its real sense. So abeg! They only performed a simple trick and you are amazed it could happen before your korokoro eye tsw.

3 Likes

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by ifenes(m): 10:24am On May 14, 2016
donnffd:

Well said

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Asiri Ijinle Olorun Pelu Awon Woli Re / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions / ‘it’s Foolish For Pastors To Ignore Police Protection’

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 231
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.