Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) (17258 Views)

Bible's Supernatural Nuggets! / I May Now Believe In The Supernatural / Atheists Who Believe In The Supernatural Please Come In(discussion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Ranchhoddas: 7:10pm On May 16, 2016
GooseBaba:

Lolz.... Now it's grammar... Lmao!!!
Forgive me.I thought we were discussing the English Language.So much for critical thinking.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by GooseBaba: 7:14pm On May 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Forgive me.I thought we were discussing the English Language.So much for critical thinking.

Yaparipa..!!!! So to think critically is English language... Hahahahahaha... Ol boy ehh... Lmao!!!
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Ranchhoddas: 9:00pm On May 16, 2016
GooseBaba:

Yaparipa..!!!! So to think critically is English language... Hahahahahaha... Ol boy ehh... Lmao!!!
If you cannot see the connection,then I am afraid there is nothing I can do#nohope

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
If you cannot see the connection,then I am afraid there is nothing I can do#nohope

So there's no critical thinkers in Russia,Chinese,Japanese,Igbo,Hausa and etc,if so then we are doomed.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Nihilist: 12:43pm On May 17, 2016
Sarassin:

It is this singular statement that has brought me to comment here. It is a statement I have made over the years many times to those who would question the supernatural.

It is common knowledge that the ancient Greeks sliced matter into thinner and thinner sections until Democritus put a stop to it by declaring that there was a limit beyond which particles became invisible or atomic. More than two thousand years later John Dalton showed that all matter in the universe was composed of basic building blocks, or atoms. Both men were right, but we now know that further division is possible and that atoms can be split into even more fundamental particles.

Man is composed of matter. Majorly more like clouds of electricity vibrating with wave patterns. Take a man and squeeze the empty spaces out of him, and you are left with a little pile of solid substance no larger than a flyspeck. We are hollow and our insubstantial bodies are strung together with electromagnetic and nuclear forces that simply create the illusion of matter. The only real difference between the living and the non-living is that the atoms of life are organised. They have become arranged into self-replicating patterns that defy cosmic chaos by constantly repairing and replacing themselves feeding on order.

Life is in extremely close touch with matter, and at the highest levels this means that it not only takes energy and information from its surroundings but returns them as well. The supernatural is an exchange of energy at cosmic level utilising the vast cosmic language and the triggers are vibratory primordial sounds and thought.

This is so deep....Kerrrist!!!!

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Ranchhoddas: 1:00pm On May 17, 2016
euromilion:

So there's no critical thinkers in Russia,Chinese,Japanese,Igbo,Hausa and etc,if so then we are doomed.
I am not sure I follow.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by GooseBaba: 2:19pm On May 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

There's no connection. Stop deluding yourself.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by GooseBaba: 2:21pm On May 17, 2016
euromilion:

You dey mind the guy.... A brain is a terrible thing to waste. grin grin
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Ranchhoddas: 3:18pm On May 17, 2016
GooseBaba:

There's no connection. Stop deluding yourself.
Yeah man.Whatever.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by holocron: 11:30am On May 27, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
Before I proceed, what Is Juju?

As I continue, I would like to share these few stories.

As I was perusing through NL one day, I came across a thread where a doctor on NL shared the tale of a girl was brought to the hospital where he worked and this girl was said to have been complaining of extreme stomach ache. When a scan was done, the doctors noticed something that they hadn't seen before- There were live insects seen crawling around the walls of her stomach and internal organs. According to the doctor, there was nothing anyone could do about her condition and after few hours, she died. Now, under medical cross examination, there was no explanation for how these insects found their way and were able to survive inside her. This girl was said to have been inflicted by the person she had sex with trough Juju, supposedly for money rituals.
If a supernatural force from where whosoever did this evil to the girl drew his power from didn't exist, then how was this possible?

Growing up, I lived close to a popular university here in Nigeria, and one day I witnessed a cultist attack on a cult member of another cult group. Right in my presence this guy was shot multiple times with a pistol and the bullet didn't penetrate his body, it was not until his pursuers caught up to him and after realizing their guns were useless, they used a machete and cut him with it till he died.
Now, how was this guy able to withstand the effect of bullets?

When I was in secondary school, I had a female friend who traveled to her village for a ceremony, and one morning as she woke up to urinate, she stepped on the door mat in front of her room and she became paralyzed instantly. Not only that, her legs began to swell up. She was taken to different hospitals but nothing could be done to curb her strange illness. It was not until she contacted a spiritualist that the cause of her illness was revealed. Now this isn't a here say story. She told me herself. She even showed me pictures of her legs.
If Juju doesn't exist, how was this possible?

I used these stories because they are ones I saw with my eyes and life experiences from people I can validate them from. Aside from these ones, I have heard other stories of people who were struck supernaturally, with ailments that couldn't be explained medically. Stories of people who were sick almost to the point of death, but all body processes were functioning properly, and in medical terms, they were healthy.

I have heard of people who sacrificed their fellow humans and family members to make money, and they actually made the money. Everyday we hear of stories of people how were kidnapped, some killed, with some of their body parts supposedly stolen for ritualistic purposes. If these rituals didn't actually work, people wouldn't invest into it right? So it means it works and people benefit from it and others are able to see evidence and decided to sell their conscience and delve into it.

Atheists in the house, what's the logical and rational explanation for this? Where do these people draw their powers from? How are all these occurrences possible? Does this mean supernatural powers exist? If it does, then there must be a hierarchy, and a power has to be at the top of the power chain..

I have heard stories of people who claimed they were once evil and they wielded special powers but these powers were overcome by the power of the christian God. If God and the supernatural doesn't exist, how is all this possible?

Your replies would be highly appreciated. Please pardon the length of my post.

Cc
Johnydon22
Cloudgoddess
PastorAIO
Freecocoa
Hardmirror
JackBizzle
Sonoflucifer
Plaetton
Sarassin
Alfamann
Oluwaseytiano
Kaboninc
Dazzlingd
Lepasharon
Calliope
Santori
Purerealist
Simplex2
Deepsight
Thehomer
Ifenes
Juststardust
Immorttal
Muttleylaff
Gatiano
Holocron

It might be difficult to convince you within the small space of this medium. But the bottom line is this:

No one (even atheists) denies the complexity and mystery that permeates the universe. Humanity, has since the dawn of consciousness, tried to make sense of the world by personal experience, observations, and analysis (what you have just been doing).

Different societies have theorized; from fables and legends, to different religions.

I think it would be self-evident that the validity of a theory and explaination of the world is the effect and extent such theory helps its adherents to change the physical world to their benefit.

Now, the scientific materialist worldview has allowed the europeans/american and asians to make such rapid strides in physical development, that for all practical purposes, Africans might as well be living in a different Planet. And indeed, they are. The juju mentality just does not effectively explain reality; that's why you cant use it to acheive any physical development.

Now, all those juju examples you gave can equally be explained away by ordinary causes, which you might or might not accept. But..."all things being equal, the simplest explanation must be the right one"

Everything so far known about the universe, points out that it is a rule based universe. It is not capricious. So if anything like juju manifests, it should be studied, and exploited for human
benefit, because there must be an underlying principle to it.

But sadly, even the whites have studied the occult, and given it up. Those previous occultic practices like alchemy, were the things that the whites converted to the scientific disciplines of chemistry, pharmacy, and metallurgy.

Isaac Newton, the famous scientist known as the father of modern physics, was also known as the last of the magicians.

Let's wise up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by holocron: 12:33pm On May 27, 2016
analice107:

Another Magician came up saying, those trying to explain away Magic as mere tricks, are doing so with the intent of denying aatan's existence, its all an act. All of them are in the same boat

Jesus christ of Nazareth! Can this be real?! Am rolling on the floor laughing!

Is there hope for the African in the next generation?!
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by darkhorizon: 6:35am On May 29, 2016
holocron:

It might be difficult to convince you within the small space of this medium. But the bottom line is this:

No one (even atheists) denies the complexity and mystery that permeates the universe. Humanity, has since the dawn of consciousness, tried to make sense of the world by personal experience, observations, and analysis (what you have just been doing).

Different societies have theorized; from fables and legends, to different religions.

I think it would be self-evident that the validity of a theory and explaination of the world is the effect and extent such theory helps its adherents to change the physical world to their benefit.

Now, the scientific materialist worldview has allowed the europeans/american and asians to make such rapid strides in physical development, that for all practical purposes, Africans might as well be living in a different Planet. And indeed, they are. The juju mentality just does not effectively explain reality; that's why you cant use it to acheive any physical development.

Now, all those juju examples you gave can equally be explained away by ordinary causes, which you might or might not accept. But..."all things being equal, the simplest explanation must be the right one"

Everything so far known about the universe, points out that it is a rule based universe. It is not capricious. So if anything like juju manifests, it should be studied, and exploited for human
benefit, because there must be an underlying principle to it.

But sadly, even the whites have studied the occult, and given it up. Those previous occultic practices like alchemy, were the things that the whites converted to the scientific disciplines of chemistry, pharmacy, and metallurgy.

Isaac Newton, the famous scientist known as the father of modern physics, was also known as the last of the magicians.

Let's wise up.

What is this one saying,Isaac Newton,father of modern physics ke
I bet u just learnt physics from reading atheist comment about it here online.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Bakbillz44(m): 8:24am On May 29, 2016
@ Op... Av ever heard d word 'metaphysics' before?

Read about it

Juju is real

Juju is science
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by austin2all: 11:05am On May 29, 2016
OP READ ABOUT TELEKINESIS AND PSYCHOKINESIS AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US POSSESS JUST AS MUCH SUPERNATURAL POWERS AS SPIRITUALISTS (NATIVE DOCTORS) WHO PERFORMS SOME OF THE TRICKS YOU CALL JUJU.
WE ARE ALL GODS OF OURSELVES BUT ONLY A VERY FEW PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT.
BUT THATS NOT TO SAY THAT THERES GOD, INFACT THE INVENTION OF GOD AND RELIGION WAS PURELY TO KEEP PEOPLE AWAY FROM SUCH THOUGHTS THAT THEY ARE GODS OF THEIR OWN.
ITS A LONG STORY.

2 Likes

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by holocron: 1:01pm On May 29, 2016
darkhorizon:

What is this one saying,Isaac Newton,father of modern physics ke
I bet u just learnt physics from reading atheist comment about it here online.

Well...if not THE father, then at least definitely ONE of the fathers of modern physics.

I dont know who you are, or the authority by which you speak; but...was that all you could take home from the writeup?
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by darkhorizon: 5:11pm On May 30, 2016
holocron:

Well...if not THE father, then at least definitely ONE of the fathers of modern physics.

I dont know who you are, or the authority by which you speak; but...was that all you could take home from the writeup?

Don't get It wrong,Newtons work are classified under Classical Physics...
Modern Physics you are talking about started in the late 19th century with Max Planck, so get your facts right Sir... Modern Physics include;Relativity, Quantum mechanics, Nuclear physics and the like,and classical physics which Newton is a part of fails in this aspect.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by holocron: 9:08am On May 31, 2016
darkhorizon:

Don't get It wrong,Newtons work are classified under Classical Physics...
Modern Physics you are talking about started in the late 19th century with Max Planck, so get your facts right Sir... Modern Physics include;Relativity, Quantum mechanics, Nuclear physics and the like,and classical physics which Newton is a part of fails in this aspect.

Well..if we must be pedantic, I guess you're right. I stand corrected. Father of classical physics, then; and I hope you get the main points of my earlier post? That, at the dawn of science (classical or modern) at the rennaissance period of Europe, the main researchers (for example, Isaac Newton) were dabbling both in science and also things which we may now call occultism. They eventually concentrated on science as a better method of understanding and manipulating reality.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by oaroloye(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2016
SHALOM!

JUJU is a term for Sorcery, which is the use of Supernatural Power through the application of Plant, Insect, Animal, and Mineral material substances.

The difference between SORCERY and CHEMISTRY is that Sorcery requires enhanced Spiritual Awareness to operate it, while Chemistry requires an acute LACK of Spiritual Awareness.

The best books explaining Sorcery would be those written by CARLOS CASTANEDA.

THE TEACHINGS OF DON JUAN: A Yaqui Way of Life, by Carlos Castaneda.

A SEPARATE REALITY: Further Conversations with Don Juan, by Carlos Castaneda.

JOURNEY TO IXTLAN: The Lessons of Don Juan, by Carlos Castaneda.

TALES OF POWER, by Carlos Castaneda.

THE SECOND RING OF POWER, by Carlos Castaneda.

THE EAGLE'S GIFT, by Carlos Castaneda.

The epithet "Black" applied to "magic," implies the use of evil or forbidden, Devilish Powers. The reality is more sophisticated than that.

The Oyinbos have been trying to pretend that there is no evidence that Supernatural Powers exist, but they are lying.

Several years ago, a BBC AFRICA Journalist, SOLA ODUNFA was covering a gun battle in KANO- at the risk of his life- and reported seeing combatants GUNNED DOWN IN THE STREET BEFORE HIM, AND GETTING UP TO CONTINUE FIGHTING.

The Oyinbo he was reporting to IGNORED WHAT HE SAID, and CHANGED THE SUBJECT.

I surmised that the BBC waa no longer about broadcasting Truth assuming that it ever was.

Maybe some members remember that cover-up?
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
Atheists and their shallow replies:

My contribution; Juju is as real and sure as death.

Personal experience:
1. A 14 year old son of a native doctor in my village who still eat broken bottles
2. Someone I know was Shot at least 8 times at close range, only the cloths perforated.
3. A woman I know suddenly ran mad and started confessing to having an affair outside wedlock (Nsukka tradition).
4. There are many men that controls the rain in my village, if you have any occasion and you don't settle thrm, he will just invoke the rain to Scatter everything.(family of rain makers

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Asiri Ijinle Olorun Pelu Awon Woli Re / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions / ‘it’s Foolish For Pastors To Ignore Police Protection’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.