Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) (17260 Views)

Bible's Supernatural Nuggets! / I May Now Believe In The Supernatural / Atheists Who Believe In The Supernatural Please Come In(discussion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by petux(m): 4:20pm On May 14, 2016
kevoh:
Johndon22, your portion for hell fire go huge pass one of those abandoned mansions in Gwarimpa or Lekki grin . Any small thing why did you become atheist na johny tongue Why did you do this or that in reference to atheism na Johny.
bro just leave them o.....they cant hear.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by kevoh(m): 4:27pm On May 14, 2016
petux:

bro just leave them o.....they cant hear.
Sarcasm bro, Sarcasm. undecided
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by donnffd(m): 4:54pm On May 14, 2016
analice107:

Hmm. You said you are SURE the trick happened while he shook the Container, as in, he trickishly switched the container with another one while still standing there before my korokoro eyes in the afternoon? Its well.
You said it was physics, and i wanted to understand the physics of lifting a car with teeth, standing up right with his hands behind his back.

Your first mistake is that you take these things at face value, you are more wowed by the fact you saw him doing the trick than you are trying to find out how he did it.
I would not claim i know how he did it,(a magician never reveals his secret), but I do know that there is always a trick, you are not supposed to see it, hence the trick, but there is always always a naturalistic explanation for it. With that mentality, you would leave the dark ages principles and enter the enlightenment age ideology where empirical facts rule the day.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by GooseBaba: 5:17pm On May 14, 2016
plaetton:

How do you know that I have no practical research or experience to support my claim ?

I have as much or even more eyewitness experiences with juju phenomena than perhaps you.

But it's not everything that we post online, especially when we are still trying to understand them and put them in proper perspective.

I had an aunt who was a herbalist/ spiritualist.
If I tell you my story , you would probably spend the rest of this thread mocking me.

Exactly, if we are trying to put it in proper perspectives. How come you already came to the conclusion that in the african context it's garbage... And by saying so, where do we then gather information from?
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by plaetton: 5:33pm On May 14, 2016
GooseBaba:

Exactly, if we are trying to put it in proper perspectives. How come you already came to the conclusion that in the african context it's garbage... And by saying so, where do we then gather information from?

One of the things that I regret is that my aunt died when i n secondary school. Non of her children were interested in craft because they had been poached away by Catholicism and evangelical Christianity.
So whatever skills, knowledge and extra- dimensional contact died with her.

I had always regretted that I was neither interested enough nor mature enough to have asked her to bequeath her knowledge and skills to me.

I often wonder what I would have discovered, using the scientific method, to study and approach her craft.

And this is my point.
There is way too much Shaff, too much superstition, and very very little core knowledge of the forces, the what, the how and why .

Therefore, the word juju, not being a practical science, is nothing better than primitive myths consumed by an ignorant scientifically illiterate society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2016
plaetton:

One of the things that I regret is that my aunt died when i n secondary school. Non of her children were interested in craft because they had been poached away by Catholicism and evangelical Christianity.

I had always regretted that I was neither interested enough nor mature enough to have asked her to bequeath her knowledge and skills to me.

I often wonder what I would have discovered, using the scientific method, to study and approach her craft.

And this is my point.
There is way too much Shaff, too much superstition, and very very little core knowledge of the forces, the what, the how and why .

Therefore, the word juju, not being a practical science, is nothing better than primitive myths consumed by an ignorant scientifically illiterate society.

Your inference is at variance with the story sir
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by plaetton: 6:20pm On May 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your inference is at variance with the story sir

In talking about juju , there is 99% Shaff, and only 1% wheat.
Therefore, just like everything tagged " spiritual ", they are very very far from being reliable arbiters of reality.

That's my point.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by GooseBaba: 6:26pm On May 14, 2016
plaetton:

And this is my point.

Noted...

Now how about we put the word juju asunder.

Does prostitution of the word hinder the practical science involved in the craft..? Also, what other viable option do we have if the african context is garbage?
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by plaetton: 6:33pm On May 14, 2016
GooseBaba:

Noted...

Now how about we put the word juju asunder.

Does prostitution of the word hinder the practical science involved in the craft..? Also, what other viable option do we have if the african context is garbage?

Even when Europeans practiced alchemy, the precursor to modern science, they still catalogued the ingredients, the methodology, and the rules governing the craft.

I am yet to read a book written by a native doctor or herbalist in Nigeria, even if it's just a translation.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:55pm On May 14, 2016
plaetton:

In talking about juju , there is 99% Shaff, and only 1% wheat.
Therefore, just like everything tagged " spiritual ", they are very very far from being reliable arbiters of reality.

That's my point.

I get your point . Some things tagged spiritual are actually easily explained using science . Anyway , why do you think science will have answers to questions concerning man's existence even though it's limited to the physical reality
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:58pm On May 14, 2016
plaetton:

Even when Europeans practiced alchemy, the precursor to modern science, they still catalogued the ingredients, the methodology, and the rules governing the craft

I am yet to read a book written by a native doctor or herbalist in Nigeria, even if it's just a translation.

It's more of a traditional thing and its knowledge is passed down orally and its being observed by the successor while it's being practiced . Sometimes the successor is given a spiritual guide
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Kay17: 7:07pm On May 14, 2016
Which of the pro jazz people is willing to give money to a native doctor to erect his/her house?
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by CoolUsername: 7:23pm On May 14, 2016
GooseBaba:

You can't be serious.... You asked about the guy op gave account on. And you want me to give you specific details on the exact device he used. undecided

A general explanation is not the same as specifics.

In the end, it still stands that there is no objective evidence for the supernatural and that there is no explanation as to how it works. It only seems to exist in eyewitness accounts (which are known to be unreliable) that don't have enough evidence to be proven or disproven.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Weah96: 7:28pm On May 14, 2016
CoolUsername:

In the end, it still stands that there is no objective evidence for the supernatural and that there is no explanation as to how it works. It only seems to exist in eyewitness accounts (which are known to be unreliable) that don't have enough evidence to be proven or disproven.

And the eyewitness is usually not the person providing the account.

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by CoolUsername: 7:41pm On May 14, 2016
Weah96:

And the eyewitness is usually not the person providing the account.

Exactly, and we know what happens to the details of all stories after a number of retellings.

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:42pm On May 14, 2016
Kay17:
Which of the pro jazz people is willing to give money to a native doctor to erect his/her house?

You clearly don't understand how this works

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:52pm On May 14, 2016
CoolUsername:

Exactly, and we know what happens to the details of all stories after a number of retellings.

I've witnessed so many supernatural events .... FIRSTHAND
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by CoolUsername: 8:01pm On May 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I've witnessed so many supernatural events .... FIRSTHAND

Sure, 'cause you're known for credible and unbiased information./s

EDIT: Added the sarcasm symbol. I see you as the type of person who needs it to be pointed out.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Kay17: 8:07pm On May 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You clearly don't understand how this works

It does work for practical purposes doesn't it? I think the quackiness of jazz shows in it's uselessness.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:10pm On May 14, 2016
CoolUsername:

Sure, 'cause you're known for credible and unbiased information./s

EDIT: Added the sarcasm symbol. I see you as the type of person who needs it to be pointed out.
Ok
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 14, 2016
plaetton:

Quantum physics is where the so-called spiritual phenomena and physics converge.

It is this singular statement that has brought me to comment here. It is a statement I have made over the years many times to those who would question the supernatural.

It is common knowledge that the ancient Greeks sliced matter into thinner and thinner sections until Democritus put a stop to it by declaring that there was a limit beyond which particles became invisible or atomic. More than two thousand years later John Dalton showed that all matter in the universe was composed of basic building blocks, or atoms. Both men were right, but we now know that further division is possible and that atoms can be split into even more fundamental particles.

Man is composed of matter. Majorly more like clouds of electricity vibrating with wave patterns. Take a man and squeeze the empty spaces out of him, and you are left with a little pile of solid substance no larger than a flyspeck. We are hollow and our insubstantial bodies are strung together with electromagnetic and nuclear forces that simply create the illusion of matter. The only real difference between the living and the non-living is that the atoms of life are organised. They have become arranged into self-replicating patterns that defy cosmic chaos by constantly repairing and replacing themselves feeding on order.

Life is in extremely close touch with matter, and at the highest levels this means that it not only takes energy and information from its surroundings but returns them as well. The supernatural is an exchange of energy at cosmic level utilising the vast cosmic language and the triggers are vibratory primordial sounds and thought.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:16pm On May 14, 2016
Kay17:

It does work for practical purposes doesn't it? I think the quackiness of jazz shows in it's uselessness.

You know in life , people can choose to believe whatever they wish to believe - this does not reduce the efficacy of these 'mystical tools ' . The use of charms is the like the lowest level of mysticism wink .
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Misterdhee1(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2016
Juju is real, let's stop trying to give some rational meaning to irrational things that are beyond our Comprehension..Somethings are better left uncovered, God being God.. because some of us av never suffered from Juju, doesn't nullify the fact that it exists.. For every Whites, there are Blacks, for every Godliness, there is Evil...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Zico0(m): 8:22pm On May 14, 2016
ifenes:

I attended a Bentinho Massaro talk show a few years back in New York and he went on talking about Parallel reality shift and how to make Quantum Jumps from one reality to another. He thinks the Mind is a super Teleportation, or Teletransportation machine that can do anything it believes it can. I felt

Hence someone experiencing a life of poverty can switch to a more preferable reality. Our Minds have been polluted in churches and unworthy educational systems that makes us think we are pretty much powerless. As far as I am concerned,Juju is just another tool to change your life to whatever you want.

Juju is exacty what B. K. Hayer was talking about when he wrote a book about- Making Quantum Leaps & Knowing Zero Limits!

This is schizophrenia!
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:22pm On May 14, 2016
Sarassin:

It is this singular statement that has brought me to comment here. It is a statement I have made over the years many times to those who would question the supernatural.

It is common knowledge that the ancient Greeks sliced matter into thinner and thinner sections until Democritus put a stop to it by declaring that there was a limit beyond which particles became invisible or atomic. More than two thousand years later John Dalton showed that all matter in the universe was composed of basic building blocks, or atoms. Both men were right, but we now know that further division is possible and that atoms can be split into even more fundamental particles.

Man is composed of matter. Majorly more like clouds of electricity vibrating with wave patterns. Take a man and squeeze the empty spaces out of him, and you are left with a little pile of solid substance no larger than a flyspeck. We are hollow and our insubstantial bodies are strung together with electromagnetic and nuclear forces that simply create the illusion of matter. The only real difference between the living and the non-living is that the atoms of life are organised. They have become arranged into self-replicating patterns that defy cosmic chaos by constantly repairing and replacing themselves feeding on order.

Life is in extremely close touch with matter, and at the highest levels this means that it not only takes energy and information from its surroundings but returns them as well. The supernatural is an exchange of energy at cosmic level utilising the vast cosmic language and the triggers are vibratory primordial sounds and thought.

When I had an OOBE ... Which part of me left me ?
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Kay17: 8:26pm On May 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You know in life , people can choose to believe whatever they wish to believe - this does not reduce the efficacy of these 'mystical tools ' . The use of charms is the like the lowest level of mysticism wink .

Sigh.

What's the limit to which these charms can be used? For example it does not work with the construction of bridges and roads; nor with housing deficits; nor with medical care or treatment; what then does it work for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:33pm On May 14, 2016
Kay17:

Sigh.

What's the limit to which these charms can be used? For example it does not work with the construction of bridges and roads; nor with housing deficits; nor with medical care or treatment; what then does it work for?

Hian ... It's like asking Christians to pray so that bridges would be constructed and houses built on their own . Some people use charms to cure sicknesses - my room mate's snake bite was taken care of by mere incantations by a herbalist , according to him .
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

When I had an OOBE ... Which part of me left me ?

You had the OOBE why don't you tell us?
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2016
Sarassin:

You had the OOBE why don't you tell us?

You see mine is an easy escape route - it's the supernatural - this is devoid of any rational explanation , impalpable in fact . But you've made blatant claims that there's an explanation . So let's hear it , how was it possible ? what level of energy did I attain ? How fast was I vibrating ? smiley

1 Like

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by dalaman: 9:12pm On May 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Hian ... It's like asking Christians to pray so that bridges would be constructed and houses built on their own . Some people use charms to cure sicknesses - my room mate's snake bite was taken care of by mere incantations by a herbalist , according to him .

If incantations can cure snake bites then they should be able to build houses and bridges. Your roommate was telling lies, simple.
Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19pm On May 14, 2016
dalaman:

If incantations can cure snake bites then they should be able to build houses and bridges. Your roommate was telling lies, simple.

Why would he need to lie . because you don't understand or explain sth , you are now obdurate that it does not exist and accuse someone of lying - your close mindedness is pathetic

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) by GooseBaba: 9:26pm On May 14, 2016
CoolUsername:

You and who dey discuss supernatural.... shocked

Your objectivism lies with your personal research, observation and experience. Not online searches..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Asiri Ijinle Olorun Pelu Awon Woli Re / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions / ‘it’s Foolish For Pastors To Ignore Police Protection’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.