Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677667 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by annnikky(f): 9:04am On Jul 28, 2016
dickoflife:
that babe dey do anyhow jor
U run leave ur thread unfinished undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:26am On Jul 28, 2016
texrem:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

My blackberry Q10 works fine....slimmy2005 saw it...we Were chilling together yesterday...just waiting for him to take me round JC with is car n hook me up with some. AkAta

So that you can tidy one abi

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:29am On Jul 28, 2016
Kevoki:
Good morning house, I will be writing my GRE exam soon. Someone told me to register with Exam Planet, but I want to know how credible they are. Pls I need ur replies, thank you.

You can do it yourself and just go to GRE website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:29am On Jul 28, 2016
gunther6:
My POE transcript as promised...

I appreciate everyone on this thread including obvious deliverance cases(I won't mention name we know them), I have been mulling schooling in the US for a while but it just never felt right until a year ago. It was ultimately this thread that gave me enough 'ginger' to go all the way.

My flight started in Lagos breezed through preliminary checks had a few foodstuffs , I just gave the custom guys 2k I don't have time things got interesting with the NDLEA guys near the boarding gate, those guys were all over me. I went to the Emirates boarding gate 53 or something I don't remember.

Someone asked me how I upgraded to Business class, my mom transferred some of her frequent flyer miles to me with $25/1000miles or something + 200k which is not a bad deal at all.

I got to Dubai and was passed through fast track and proceeded to the Business lounge to chill where it got rather boring, the 8hr 25mins wait was the longest in my life so I got out and found a restaurant to eat, all was well and god until I saw a bill of 300AED , bottom line everything you pay for at Dubai international is expensive down to the USB cord I bought for $28. I wanted to just die.

By the time I got on the Dubai to Chicago flight I was already suffering from flu and sore throat, I could not eat nor drink anything, the only time I ate I could not keep it down so I stuck to just tea and a single cup of wine. We were delayed at O'Hare for like 20 mins before disembarking.

So I just disembarked and joined the not so long line to the CBP.

CBP : Why are you in the United states
GT : For my graduate studies specifically a Masters in Economics at Illinois State University

CBP : Place four fingers on your right hand on the scanner
GT : I did

CBP : (Circled my custom form A and my passport to as admitted) next thing he said I can't confirm from your school officer here you have , wait by that glass my colleague will be here to get you
GT : in my mind (you better don't let the devil use you, blood of Jesus, blood of Jesus grin)

Two mins later a colleague showed up and showed me into a waiting room where I found a lot of people waiting every student I interacted with that was a student at Dubai international so I relaxed. They were calling up people for secondary interview they picked some passports and went to lock it up inside those ones own don be.

Five minutes later my passport was handed to.me signed by DHS and I went to get my back, I got to customs handed in my blue form no one asked me any question about what I was carrying and all.

I took an ATS (airport transit shuttle) to Terminal 1 walked like 15 mins to the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) train for $5 to the Union station from where I trekked to the greyhound station.

This is my first time in the US but as a fairly frequent traveller to the Middle east and Europe I have seen more impressive infrastructure, the infrastructure particularly the bridges I saw were particularly old and rusty

Thank God for journey mercy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cabayes: 9:39am On Jul 28, 2016
Visa approved on Tuesday Morning. 7 am.
I cannot say whether I gained from this thread or not but I enjoyed reading transcripts and I love to share my experience and post thoughts.i am neither happy nor excited.

5 years ago, I was at the embassy for education advisory services for counseling and orientation. I ruled the US out my my options due to the sad and hard visa experiences and how Nigerians are treated all in the name of getting a visa. May God continue to punish our thieving leaders with different diseases for making our country unbearable for the masses. (Forgive me for using such statements)

I felt degraded and kind of lost morale and interest in getting the visa after spending hours on the queue with security checks and bio-metrics. I got into the so called interview hall and found people giving all sort of excuses and reasons to be in the USA. For my mind I was swearing for our past leaders who failed to improve our educational system /economy .

I was surprised to listen to the interview of a man who applied for immigrant but was refused due to the fact he couldn't tell the vo his date of birth. I lost morale on the spot when I listen to other interviews. At that time, I was certain I too had forgotten my name. Tension was every where.

From the entrance at windows 5,The vo drilled a young man for 6 mins or so. I stared at him and swallowed the saliva in my mouth when we had eye contact.i quickly removed my face and told god not to move me to this window 5. I was hoping to be interviewed by one of the female vo but little did I know that I was wrong. Low and behold I ended up at window 5. A middle aged man was denied in front of me as the vo found out that he lied about his purpose of traveling. At that moment my head went blank. All the practicing and ginger left me as I met the same vo.

Me- good morning sir
Vo- no answer( for my mind I say my own done be today) what is your purpose of traveling to the United States ?
Me - I am going to svsu for my msc in comms in Michigan (stammering, I'm a stammer)
Vo-no why did you chose svsu ??
Me- svsu has good academic facilities and good lecturers (still stammering while the vo was typing and wasn't looking or listening to me). He cuts me. At that point I lost morale because I didn't really express my self I lost eye contact.
Vo.- how many schools did you apply to
Me- I told him 3 (at this point I my head was down while he was staring at me and asking questions) the vo mentioned the other school on my behalf and I said yes.

Vo- when did you graduate?
Me- I told him
Vo- what have you been doing since then?
Me - I told him my job functions still stammering and heads down. Truth was that I was expecting the blue paper at this point.
Vo- says something I didn't hear and hands me a paper I didn't bother to look at. At this point I forgot my passport was not returned back to me. It was outside the consulate I met some other guys who asked me how did my interview go. It was then I was reminded that I was approved as I realized that my passport wasn't returned and I clearly saw the color of the paper in broad daylight as the vo didn't circle anything.

no documents were asked for as the vo continued to ask me questions that needed a yes and no answers.i was lucky i guess cool

I want to thank the likes of dickoflife and olan who helped me with mock interviews. Only god knows what criteria the vo used to approve me because I wasn't impressive at all. I am neither happy or excited but was wondering why all these stress for a visa.? I will always pray for my country to get better one day as my interview experience has left me with mixed feelings

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 9:56am On Jul 28, 2016
cabayes:
I cannot say whether I gained from this thread or not but I enjoyed reading transcripts and I love to share my experience and post thoughts.i am neither happy nor excited.

5 years ago, I was at the embassy for education advisory services for counseling and orientation. I ruled the US out my my options due to the sad and hard visa experiences and how Nigerians are treated all in the name of getting a visa. May God continue to punish our thieving leaders with different diseases for making our country unbearable for the masses. (Forgive me for using such statements)

I felt degraded and kind of lost morale and interest in getting the visa after spending hours on the queue with security checks and bio-metrics. I got into the so called interview hall and found people giving all sort of excuses and reasons to be in the USA. For my mind I was swearing for our past leaders who failed to improve our educational system /economy .

I was surprised to listen to the interview of a man who applied for immigrant but was refused due to the fact he couldn't tell the vo his date of birth. I lost morale on the spot when I listen to other interviews. At that time, I was certain I too had forgotten my name. Tension was every where.

From the entrance at windows 5,The vo drilled a young man for 6 mins or so. I stared at him and swallowed the saliva in my mouth when we had eye contact.i quickly removed my face and told god not to move me to this window 5. I was hoping to be interviewed by one of the female vo but little did I know that I was wrong. Low and behold I ended up at window 5. A middle aged man was denied in front of me as the vo found out that he lied about his purpose of traveling. At that moment my head went blank. All the practicing and ginger left me as I met the same vo.

Me- good morning sir
Vo- no answer( for my mind I say my own done be today) what is your purpose of traveling to the United States ?
Me - I am going to svsu for my msc in comms in Michigan (stammering, I'm a stammer)
Me- svsu has good academic facilities and good lecturers (still stammering while the vo was typing and wasn't looking or listening to me). He cuts me. At that point I lost morale because I didn't really express my self I lost eye contact.
Me- I told him 3 (at this point I my head was down while he was staring at me and asking questions) the vo mentioned the other school on my behalf and I said yes.

Me- I told him
Me - I told him my job functions still stammering and heads down. Truth was that I was expecting the blue paper at this point.
Vo- says something I didn't hear and hands me a paper I didn't bother to look at. At this point I forgot my passport was not returned back to me. It was outside the consulate I met some other guys who asked me how did my interview go. It was then I was reminded that I was approved as I realized that my passport wasn't returned and I clearly saw the color of the paper in broad daylight as the vo didn't circle anything.

no documents were asked for as the vo continued to ask me questions that needed a yes and no answers.i was lucky i guess cool

I want to thank the likes of dickoflife and olan who helped me with mock interviews. Only god knows what criteria the vo used to approve me because I wasn't impressive at all. I am neither happy or excited but was wondering why all these stress for a visa.? I will always pray for my country to get better one day as my interview experience has left me with mixed feelings

I understand... Some people get their visa in one touch, hence do not understand all the hype about it. But one thing you should feel is thankful to God...

Congrats and start booking your flight and I know there is no joy in that one as the fares are high!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 10:42am On Jul 28, 2016
ormorteey:

Lol, finally pinkytoes disappear patapata

Lol, Pinky DOLLARS, Am sure the guy/babe will be on guest mode, observing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2016
annnikky:

U wan help am settle d tin lolzzzzz

grin grin grin. Annikky all the way from Sexuality room grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:49am On Jul 28, 2016
cabayes:

Me- good morning sir

Me- I told him

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:50am On Jul 28, 2016
larmeedeh:
applying into a school that exempts English proficiency test for Nigeria, is writing the test still necessary... so I heard dey do bounce at d embassy for it .
share your views pls
thanks
waiting for your views

If you need scholarship go ahead and do it and also help during your visa interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:51am On Jul 28, 2016
safex101:
Hello House,

I was scheduled to write GRE Aug 4th but I just received an email that I have been rescheduled for Sept 29th. That date is too late as most of the schools I am applying to for spring has their deadline for 15th Sept. Is there a way I can reschedule or a number to call?

Don't be panic about it, Just forward the message to your school and they will surely understand and wait for the test result

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:58am On Jul 28, 2016
lionlee216:

Why didn't you book delta airlines or arik? enjoy your 17hrs layover joor.. its gonna be long and boring lol.

My guy no wan show himself that why he went for low key airline grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2016
lionlee216:
I sincerely hope dickoflife never lost during transit mzke e no be say e don enter plane going to Yemen instead of USA. anyway, hope your Russia residence permit is still valid sha..

Praying for u sha, locate free wifi n update us. for those flying tru Emirates,(I no mention names oo but I wan make fear catch u small), go read the thread for those travelling to usa to deliver babies n see how dem dey drill dem at dubai.

over n out. ..

Yemen bawo

You funny no be small

I guess my guy no see charger to charge his phone or no free wifi where him dey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2016
cabayes:

Congrats bro, I wont blame those who forgot there date of birth or name when VO asks them. The thing is fear and tension grips most people at that point. I could remember on my day of interview, I was hearing a lot of people saying funny things that doesnt make sense, or that the VO, didnt ask, for example, one dude's Bsc didnt match his proposed Msc and he couldnt establish why he changed course, another one his grammar wasnt it at all, he was shouting and arguing with the VO, at that point, i just started laughing, if you ask me, most of them were prepared, but tension got the better of them. It happened to me too, i was 100% prepared but when i got to window 4, it dropped to 45%. But still God got me. It is well. Congrats once again. Bless up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:06am On Jul 28, 2016
Femibrand:
Good morning all. I have been trying to book an appointment at the Abuja Embassy, the earliest date for appointment I've been seeing so far is 23rd August. Having been denied once, please what can I do. I've admission into Morehead State University with a GA at hand. And the school resumes 5th August, classes begins 15th August. Thank you

Option 1... Keep checking most evening or at night you will see early date and since you have been denied before in the last 6 months expedited visa processing or emergency appointment cant work for you

Option 2... If you have been denied and you didnt see date, why can you defer till next semester in case you didn't see early date in Abuja

Option 3... Switch to Lagos embassy but you need to fill new ds160 and pick Lagos embassy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:08am On Jul 28, 2016
Femibrand:

I just checked Lagos, there is an early date Tuesday 2nd.. But I have already paid visa fees addressed to the Abuja Consular..

I guess you mean you already filled ds160 to abuja because you can pay visa fee in any location in Nigeria

If you exercise patient and take risk, you will see early date in Abuja and if not just switch to Lagos embassy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:09am On Jul 28, 2016
zt:

There are two options you either check if lagos dates are cool or you seek for an expedited visa processing.

This can only work for those who haven't been denied visa before or have been denied visa for more than 7 months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2016
dickoflife:
landed in obamaland reporting foraction sir

Thank God for safe trip..

Identification code needed since you are reporting live from Obamaland grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by annnikky(f): 11:13am On Jul 28, 2016
masquellett:

grin grin grin. Annikky all the way from Sexuality room grin
N u all d way to travel cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2016
annnikky:

N u all d way to travel cheesy cheesy

lol, funny girl grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2016
slimmy2005:
wrong! It doesn't work that way my friend. Walspring kindly drop a link for foreign credit conversion or go to Wes website you'll see a free tool there

This is the link www.foreigncredits.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:19am On Jul 28, 2016
Kapitain:

Thanks to all the big guys helping us out here (So many). This is one true big family. Forget the squabbles, we doing great a great job here.
CC: Onyembu2013, Femi321, CuteMorgan, BigFrancis21, SirRiddy, DanjaNinja, walspring, etc.

Lets give the thanks to God

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:21am On Jul 28, 2016
Walspring:

I guess you mean you already filled ds160 to abuja because you can pay visa fee in any location in Nigeria

If you exercise patient and take risk, you will see early date in Abuja and if not just switch to Lagos embassy

Walspring
Please advice how does someone switches from Abuja to Lagos embassy and vice versa for others ........ Although u will post in details now and next day people go ask the same question instead of checking first Thanks

cc Femibrand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by annnikky(f): 11:23am On Jul 28, 2016
masquellett:

Ow fa na smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Flosslive: 11:26am On Jul 28, 2016
VISA delayed this morning

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, pass me your passport and I-20
VO: how did you learn about university of Maine.
Me: l used google for my search which in turn introduced me to Peterson guide. Peterson database includes over 50,000 accredited schools (cuts in)
VO: you are giving me a rehearsed speech I don't want that.
VO: why did you choose te university of Maine?
Me: I applied to three schools I was offered admission into all. I chose the university of Maine cos I was given my preferred course of study.
VO: cuts in again you are giving me a rehearsed speech.

VO: why did you choose university of Maine?
Me: UM has one of the lowest student to faculty ratio of 16:1 which gives me easy access to my professors and it's affordable by my sponsor.
VO: says you know what
Let's just continue
Do you have any relatives in the US?
Me: No
Types for a while and gives me the blue paper.

Please guys, I am going for an undergraduate degree in clinical laboratory science and medical technology.
What could be wrong with my answers?

I intend on getting another appointment or next week ,my schools resumes 23rd of August

Thanks guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by worry359(m): 11:31am On Jul 28, 2016
General note to people!
It's no use saying blue paper or pink paper and expecting answers!
There is a reason written on the paper.
Give us that and we can see what is happening.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:32am On Jul 28, 2016
Flosslive:

Me: l used google for my search which in turn introduced me to Peterson guide. Peterson database includes over 50,000 accredited schools (cuts in)
Me: I applied to three schools I was offered admission into all. I chose the university of Maine cos I was given my preferred course of study.

Me: UM has one of the lowest student to faculty ratio of 16:1 which gives me easy access to my professors and it's affordable by my sponsor.

Sorry for your delay ........ The VO gave you feedback and it lies in your answers , nothing stood out and that last on in bold is a BIG NO NO ....with your course there is so much to talk about from a research perspective and linking it up with Nigeria and the value u can bring lateron. For the VO to keep saying rehearsed speech , he or she was giving you an opportunity to redeem with the next question but it never came

That faculty ratio thing needs to go , why do people still say that . It is a standard in almost all schools so doesn't set any school apart ....... why you choose a school is what set it apart from others or what is unique to that program that interest you .. Also going for undergrad you have to be within a certain age range ..... How old if you dont mind me asking ? (although wasn't an issue on this transcript )

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:42am On Jul 28, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Walspring
Please advice how does someone switches from Abuja to Lagos embassy and vice versa for others ........ Although u will post in details now and next day people go ask the same question instead of checking first Thanks

cc Femibrand

It's simple.

If applicant haven't booked interview date at all

Applicants needs to book their visa interview to Lagos embassy and make sure they fill ds160 and pick Lagos Nigeria as well for Lagos embassy.

Applicants needs to book their visa interview to Abuja embassy and make sure they fill ds160 and pick Abuja Nigeria as well for Abuja embassy

If applicant have booked interview date for Lagos embassy

First of all the applicant will cancel the appointment for Lagos embassy and pick Abuja location for interview, the fill a new ds160 for Abuja and use it to book the interview date for Abuja

Also If applicant have booked interview date for Abuja embassy

First of all the applicant will cancel the appointment for Abuja embassy and pick Lagos location for interview, the fill a new ds160 for Lagos and use it to book the interview date for Lagos

Switching or updating the old ds160 confirmation code to new ds160 confirmation code

In a situation where applicants want to switch or update their old ds160 confirmation code to new ds160 confirmation code after booking visa interview appointment, then the best is to fill a new ds160 form online if you have submitted it and then copy the new ds160 confirmation and go back to the appointment website and click on profile update and insert the new ds160 confirmation and click save, If it's successful you are good to go if not the applicant must contact the embassy by clicking the provide feedback which is at the right corner of their appointment website after login to the site

After doing that reprint your appointment confirmation page and and check the two bar codes if the ds160 own corresponding with the one on ds160 confirmation.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:43am On Jul 28, 2016
Walspring:

It's simple.

Talk about breaking it down ...... You took this detail overboard ooo grin grin .
Just joking . Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by osaama007(f): 11:46am On Jul 28, 2016
Goodmoring everyone
I have been a silent reader on did page,pls I just discovered the earliest date for me is 15 Aug abuja,I was ask to bring my new i20 and courier package n was given two working days,I couldn't meet up with the deadline and my school is to resume 15 Aug. Pls is it possible to book for my next interview in Lagos and go with the paper given to me at the embassy. Pls I need ur help guys. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by temi4fash(m): 11:48am On Jul 28, 2016
Flosslive:

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, pass me your passport and I-20

VO: says you know what
Let's just continue
Do you have any relatives in the US?
Me: No
Types for a while and gives me the blue paper.

Please guys, I am going for an undergraduate degree in clinical laboratory science and medical technology.
What could be wrong with my answers?

I intend on getting another appointment or next week ,my schools resumes 23rd of August

Thanks guys.

Hello Boss,

Am sorry for your delayed visa.

I believe the VO was ready to give you the visa but you were not convincing enough.

The answers to your questions lacked depth and we have always been told on these thread not use the student ratio bla bla and the likes for reason for going to school, always use the research and how it is going to better your life when you come back to Nigeria.

But i believe if you re-package, re-pray and re-fire, you are going to get your visa.

Enjoy.

Let other gurus come and help you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2016
masquellett:

*clears throat*

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.