Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (681055 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cambells: 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nad95:
Good day pros and newbies alike. I want to write the SAT examination in December, what are the registration requirements and who can help me with good study materials that I can use. Also, I want to apply to US universities for undergrad studies and I want full funding that covers tuition, room, food, books and living expenses for the duration of my program. Kindly help me with the list of such universities.
Jah bless, ;DGood day pros and newbies alike. I want to write the SAT examination in December, what are the registration requirements and who can help me with good study materials that I can use. Also, I want to apply to US universities for undergrad studies and I want full funding that covers tuition, room, food, books and living expenses for the duration of my program. Kindly help me with the list of such universities.
Jah bless,
Bros you forgot to add cloth, shoe and money ooo. I know schools that can give u that also on a serious note.
@akins2016 can relate grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
gunther6:

I did T-Mobile for $70 6GB 4G LTE data, unlimited talk, text and data, djmakson come even dey flak me sef mybhouse get WiFi wey dey average 7mb/s so I don't even need that plan. I go downgrade next month but I heard lycamobile is cheap sha
Great. Thanks for your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
dramaka:

My two cents:

I think we can do individual reviews on their sites.
$19 Ultramobile has unlimited talk to 30+ international destinations, of which Nigeria is excluded. Also, just 100MB data. However, their $39 plan gives you 1000 minutes to call Nigeria (as an add-on), and that's aside the unlimited talk you have to destinations like UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa et al.

Heard of H2O wireless. Sim is somewhat free. There's a pre-paid monthly plan that costs $30, and if you're really concerned about keeping in touch with loved ones back in Nigeria, you'll get $10 credit of talk time for that.

Insightful. Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
biikeys:

Really depends on the coverage where you are going...rootmetrics.com gives you an idea if you're not there already. Ting is a reseller and may not be a very good idea.
I will do just that. Merci
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
Walspring:

My side dey cool and cold..

Enough pics but no data to use share oo... gringringrin
grin grin hmmmmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bigfrancis21: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
sirRiddy:
Please, what reviews do you guys have about these sim cards:
1. Ultra mobile (costs 19 dollars)
2. T mobile (costs 20 dollars)
3. Ting (costs 9 dollars which makes me sceptical)

cc bigFrancis21 msnas OjaP biikeys
slimmy2005 imperouxx

dramaka:

My two cents:

I think we can do individual reviews on their sites.
$19 Ultramobile has unlimited talk to 30+ international destinations, of which Nigeria is excluded. Also, just 100MB data. However, their $39 plan gives you 1000 minutes to call Nigeria (as an add-on), and that's aside the unlimited talk you have to destinations like UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa et al.

Heard of H2O wireless. Sim is somewhat free. There's a pre-paid monthly plan that costs $30, and if you're really concerned about keeping in touch with loved ones back in Nigeria, you'll get $10 credit of talk time for that.

I recommend using Ultra Mobile. Its service is very strong in my area - the DMV area (DC, Maryland and Virginia), and they have different affordable plans according to your needs - $19, $29, $34, etc. When I got here newly, I started with Simple Mobile which I used for about 1 year, then I ported to H20 (porting from one network to another here works very fast and reflects immediately) but the issue I had with H20 was sometimes people calling me and hearing it ring on their end but the call never shows up on my phone or even when my phone is switched off and people called it would ring as if my phone were switched on, and with this people would often be mad at me for never picking my calls nor returning calls when I never even got them in the first place cry, or sometimes a my phone would be on and suddenly I get a voicemail notification that usually comes at the end of a missed call but meanwhile my phone never rang in the first place! angry, and from H20 I finally ported to Ultra Mobile which I have been enjoying since and the previous issue I had with H20 totally stopped. Funny enough, Simple Mobile and Ultra Mobile are all subsidiary companies of T-mobile and they use the network resources of T-Mobile, the difference being that while T-Mobile offers mainly phone+line services together on contract basis, Simple Mobile and Ultra Mobile are strictly pay-as-you go (as in you have your own phone and just buy their sim card and recharge every month. No signing of contracts involved). H20 is a subsidiary of AT&T providing pay-as-you-go services while AT&T provides contract-based phone services. When I joined Ultra Mobile newly, they gave me free $5 international call credit about 3 times to call Nigeria which I really enjoyed but now they have stopped. cry For those complaining of its service, I would say it depends on the area. Just as MTN network, despite being 'everywhere you go', is not strong in some areas of Nigeria, the same applies to AT&T, T-Mobile, Ultra Mobile etc. If you would like to use Ultra Mobile, I guess you should verify from others using it about how strong the service is and once they confirm it....way to go buddy.

T-Mobile can be quite expensive. I have never heard of Ting before and be mindful that here in America you get what you pay for. Cheap is not always better. The cheaper the service, the more likely it is going to be crappy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nad95: 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ok guys. I understand that my previous is funny. Ok, if I cant get all market items I listed in the previous post, what about full tuition? Edakun, e ranmi lowo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cambells: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nad95:
Ok guys. I understand that my previous is funny. Ok, if I cant get all market items I listed in the previous post, what about full tuition? Edakun, e ranmi lowo.
Okay pm me. I can assist you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
Piuorji:

U neva post POE transcript
is that a requirement tobstay alive?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nad95:

You been told you can have those wants but u need fo work hard to get by having good test scores .... write you sat first and then you know where u stand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nad95: 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
LagosismyHome:

You been told you can have those wants but u need fo work hard to get by having good test scores .... write you sat first and then you know where u stand
Thanks lagosismyhome. SAT first.
Lagosismyhome, can you help me with good SAT materials. My email is nnamdiokore@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
reading success transcripts here gives me so much joy.. even most people that dont get still push futher.. am really glad with all the help here.. God bless every one here.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
sirRiddy:

Great. Thanks for your response.

Boss. ..Be like No transcript for your end??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
Walspring:

This new CBN policy for FX is a scam and most of us never realize at all.. How can CBN tell banks to source for $ themselves and they now sell it at their own price, is it PMS

Our CBN governor will be surprise that after his tenure EFCC will witch hunt him.
Its so annoying and so frustrating. I believe something positive should come out next week. The CBN is just stingy. They simply don't want to release fx into the market, atleast to be able to reduce the scarcity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fm39: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I am not exactly sure only going by a friend experience but if i guess right ur F1 visa has more than one year then it should be fine .

A friend last year went for mph in John Hopkins which is a year program and it was fine with one way ticket

Thank you ma.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
OluDare01:

I get tribal marks abi
You wey spank toefl cheesy

Gre: only AW is something to write home about.
Toefl: 94 or 98, I can't remember. But you scored 105
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
Congrats Sureb0y. PM me please make we relate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
zt:

Gre: only AR is something to write home about.
Toefl: 94 or 98, I can't remember. But you scored 105
120 ni grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
Doha Lay over right about now.......

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
LOL
I will once I get settled. When are you leaving?
dicapino:

Boss. ..Be like No transcript for your end??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by valchuks2020: 11:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
@Walspring please you can now contact me. I saw u tried contacting me today. Please I sincerely need ur help and God will continue to bless u bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by valchuks2020: 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
@Walspring my interview is next week. Please boss I need ur mentor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 12:03am On Jul 30, 2016
valchuks2020:

Walspring go n mentor the guy...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 1:04am On Jul 30, 2016
emma1996:

3.25 came out as 3.21/5

Absolutely incorrect sir. Your 3.25/5 is less than 3.05/4

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Songitto(m): 1:10am On Jul 30, 2016
though i kn some 9ja peeps ere dat can even kill u because of 1dollar cheesy LOl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 1:27am On Jul 30, 2016
calfavour:

I really doubt that out come. I hope S/he keyed in grades and units probably. Cos a CGPA of 3.51 came out as 3.2. ...now 3.25 coming to 3.21.
I Stand to be corrected.

Correct.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 1:33am On Jul 30, 2016
sunnypastic:

if 3.25:5 the
Q:4
therefore Q=3.25x4/5=2.6
Q=2.6

So 2.6 is the equivalent on a 4 point grade
Pls I stand to be corrected am just using normal mathematical approach but believe they have their own methods of evaluation

Calculation of cgpa is another ball game. It's calculated course by course and never as a digit that is solve with simple arithmetic.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 1:53am On Jul 30, 2016
imperiouxx:

Calculation of cgpa is another ball game. It's calculated course by course and never as a digit that is solve with simple arithmetic.

Yes right
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:40am On Jul 30, 2016
valchuks2020:
@Walspring please you can now contact me. I saw u tried contacting me today. Please I sincerely need ur help and God will continue to bless u bro.

I just replied your email

valchuks2020:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:41am On Jul 30, 2016
texrem:

Walspring go n mentor the guy...

Roger that!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:58am On Jul 30, 2016
fizzile:
Its so annoying and so frustrating. I believe something positive should come out next week. The CBN is just stingy. They simply don't want to release fx into the market, atleast to be able to reduce the scarcity.

Why can't CBN sell dollars to banks directly the way they have been doing many years ago and If I am not wrong, because the truth of the matter is that CBN are the ones selling to cabals and these cabals will now resell to BDC or commercial banks.

How can CBN just issue a new policy that banks should go and source for the dollars by themselves and have useless reasons why they can't sell to them. Don't you think the new CBN policy is nothing but scamming of the highest order

This is similar to the same policy the FG issued on PMS and we the gullible Nigerian thought is a good policy that will reduce cost of PMS and we started comparing it to telecommunication.

The only prayer we Nigerians should be praying now is that God should waste those leaders wasting the resources of our country Nigeria and not God should bless Nigeria again for now because the blessing he gave to us ever since plenty no be small and our leaders are just wasting it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.