Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Luck Brought Me This Far, Says Asa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Luck Brought Me This Far, Says Asa (611 Views)

DJ Cuppy And Asa Asika In Senegal (Photo) / Asa Asika Grabs His Girlfriend, DJ Cuppy (Photo) / Zobwa Wabantu: "My Ugly Face Got Me This Far" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luck Brought Me This Far, Says Asa by salau01(m): 2:16am On May 14, 2016
Visit www.latestforya..com and follow on Instagram and twitter @salau01
Bukola Elemide, Nigerian singer and international musical act popularly known as Asa, has attributed her success in the music industry to luck.

“I feel lucky, I think luck is the word; a lot of it is surprise and not knowing what to expect,” she told Channels Tv in an interview.

“I’m just doing what I believe in and the reception is beyond what I expected. So, I feel lucky that everything happened the way it happened.”

Describing celebrity life as an illusion, the Bamidele crooner said she likes her privacy.

“Artistes are human even though they have special gifts. All that buzz is an illusion. It just lasts for two hours or however long you spend on stage,” she said.

“Everyone goes home and it’s lonely and quiet, but I think it’s normal. We are human beings too. After the lights go off, everyone goes home. I understand what it is and I don’t fool myself about it.”

The 34-year old artiste said the price for success is having people make decisions, which sometimes might be wrong, on your behalf.

“The price is having people who don’t really know where you are going, where you want to go, or where you are coming from make decisions,” she said.

“The decisions can be very bad for you, and that is the price that I have paid to get my music out, and to be here today.

“And it’s normal because everybody will go through it , wrong contract deals, you have to wait for years and I think that is the price.”

Asa, whose style is unique, has various hit tracks.
Source:www.thecable.ng

Re: Luck Brought Me This Far, Says Asa by Nobody: 2:49am On May 14, 2016
Ok
Re: Luck Brought Me This Far, Says Asa by Nobody: 2:53am On May 14, 2016
shocked shocked Really? Na wah o so u mean to tell us say na luck they play dat guitar for u?
Re: Luck Brought Me This Far, Says Asa by Smellymouth: 3:30am On May 14, 2016
Nice one
Re: Luck Brought Me This Far, Says Asa by enoch273: 6:42am On May 14, 2016
God grace brought you where you are.
Re: Luck Brought Me This Far, Says Asa by Nobody: 9:08am On May 14, 2016
waiting for haters to come and question her marital status
Re: Luck Brought Me This Far, Says Asa by sinaj(f): 9:37am On May 14, 2016
My fav naija artist kiss kiss

Diz gel don de fine o! tongue
Re: Luck Brought Me This Far, Says Asa by floragregs(f): 9:58am On May 14, 2016
She might be an atheist

(1) (Reply)

My Issues With Tiwa Savage - Seyi Shay / When We Die, Where Are We Going To? / Anointing Oil Is What I Use To Attract Customer-an A-list PROSTITUTE Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.