Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother (23385 Views)

Meet Ossy Achievas, The Man Behind Davido’s 30BG Concert / 'science Student': Olamide Clears Air On The Hit Single. Fans React / Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by NobleCasycliff(m): 4:09pm On May 15, 2016
Mother is everything dear.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by obagoriola: 4:17pm On May 15, 2016
He Sang "wayo in-law" also

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by Baroba(m): 4:21pm On May 15, 2016
obagoriola:
He Sang "wayo in-law" also

And Christiana, Aki Special..

3 Likes

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by nairaimporter: 4:34pm On May 15, 2016
floragregs:
I was born in the 80's and that's the last sane generation!

Continue saying nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by jasysandra(f): 4:40pm On May 15, 2016
Mother is Gold.

Miss my mum cry

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by gebest: 4:51pm On May 15, 2016
The evergreen sweet mother, after 40 years i still play the cassette, infact i just finish playing it now.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by CaptainEColeJnr: 4:52pm On May 15, 2016
madjune:

I was right.

Na small children full this Nairaland.
Indomie generation.
no offence but you call a 19 year-old a "small child"?
abeg what's your definition of "small children"?
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by nkpommpko(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2016
More pics of the legend, at least current once.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by lailo: 5:10pm On May 15, 2016
Some of the present day songs writers too are legengary and their songs would be appreciated by d coming generations when compare to jagons they will be singing by dat time eg Tubaba,Wizkid,Olamide,Flavour,Davido,Asa,Jeremiah Gyang,Adol,P-square etc
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by somehowpenis(m): 5:14pm On May 15, 2016
lilzcee:
He died the yr i was born smiley a legend gone, a legend born
na small children full this site i swear

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by thesicilian: 5:26pm On May 15, 2016
lilzcee:

madjune:

I was right.

Na small children full this Nairaland.
Indomie generation.

A 19yr old is not a child. He's old enough to be a university graduate, marry & have children, own a company, own real estate, vote, and be voted for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by jaytime(m): 5:32pm On May 15, 2016
Derenle can pay anything to get that shoe. Lol
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by EMMNIG: 5:54pm On May 15, 2016
lilzcee:
what are u doing in nairaland, when u are to be facing ur studies
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by eddy4naija: 6:27pm On May 15, 2016
He had a show to perform that faithful day but his car developed a fault, he decided to take a bike to fetch a mechanic when he met his untimely death. Its unfortunate that the guy died about 250 to 300 metres from my house. RIP sir.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by iwatch: 6:29pm On May 15, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Abi.... Make I follow you download am oooogrin
sweet SANDOSKI I want to marry you for the fine wey u fine for me ooo. If I no see u my belle no go sweet o. Stop stop make I show u my love o grin
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 15, 2016
EMMNIG:

what are u doing in nairaland, when u are to be facing ur studies
i finished secondary school last 3 yrs, *playing feeling the beat by dj jimmy jat ft wizkid* talk all u want, currently 200 level student, am too happy to be annoyed today
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 15, 2016
somehowpenis:
na small children full this site i swear
lols, hwfa naa, may we go chop isiewu for that joint
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 15, 2016
firstolalekan:

Indomitable pikin wink
at least i finished secondary school before you, am currently a second yr student tongue
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by madjune(m): 7:09pm On May 15, 2016
thesicilian:

A 19yr old is not a child. He's old enough to be a university graduate, marry & have children, own a company, own real estate, vote, and be voted for.

You're also right.

Shebi without NEPA she go achieve these?
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by firstolalekan(m): 7:23pm On May 15, 2016
lilzcee:
at least i finished secondary school before you, am currently a second yr student tongue
If I slap you enh you go Sabi your elder and postrate angry
I finished my first degree since 2010 undecided
You 19 years old kid.
No be your fault, Na Internet cause am....
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 15, 2016
firstolalekan:

If I slap you enh you go Sabi your elder and postrate angry
I finished my first degree since 2010 undecided
You 19 years old kid.
No be your fault, Na Internet cause am....
grin grin egbon respect ur old age
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by murmee: 8:28pm On May 15, 2016
eddy4naija:
He had a show to perform that faithful day but his car developed a fault, he decided to take a bike to fetch a mechanic when he met his untimely death. Its unfortunate that the guy died about 250 to 300 metres from my house. RIP sir.
Okada menace since time immemorial!
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by robosky02(m): 8:59pm On May 15, 2016
.ok
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by robosky02(m): 9:05pm On May 15, 2016
nkpommpko:
More pics of the legend, at least current once.

more pictures yes

but current no, cos the man is late hmm

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by NaijaQT(f): 9:05pm On May 15, 2016
I love seeing the way my Mom lights up when this song plays. Makes my heart smile smiley
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by robosky02(m): 9:12pm On May 15, 2016
KissCODE:
was he married? How many children does he have?

When writing a profile of someone these points are important too.

yes he was married but little information is given about his family life

In 1982, Prince Nico relocated to England where his act featured flamboyant, rock inspired performances.

He continued to appear with the Rocafil Jazz but also performed with London-based highlife band the Ivory Coasters and Cameroonian vocalist Louisiana Tilda.

When he returned to Nigeria he launched his own record label.

Prince Nico and the original members of Rocafil Jazz separated after several Cameroon-born members were deported.

He later formed the New Rocafil Jazz Band but he failed to match his early success.

He left music and turned his attention to managing the two hotels that he owned, Hotel Calabar and the Sweet Mother Hotel.

On 24 June 1997, a motorcycle accident silenced forever the voice of Prince Nico Mbarga of 'Sweet Mother' fame. Sweet Mother continues to be the most popular song amongst Nigerians, young and old.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by robosky02(m): 9:14pm On May 15, 2016
NaijaQT:
I love seeing the way my Mom lights up when this song plays. Makes my heart smile smiley
cheesy

correct babe lol

when you hear the song you'll strive to make your mom proud
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by Sparkle777(f): 9:34pm On May 15, 2016
jmichlins:
You see that shoe we call it AKPOLA. This info is good for the indomie generation

The shoes ehh. I can totally rock them. I ve seen pics of my old man in them,so its sometin everyone had then.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by jmichlins(m): 9:57pm On May 15, 2016
Sparkle777:

The shoes ehh. I can totally rock them. I ve seen pics of my old man in them,so its sometin everyone had then.
my man was telling me how he sold his when it went out of trend
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by Oyindaberry(f): 10:07pm On May 15, 2016
Now I see where Denrele got his high-heel shoes from undecided
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by RichYoungNigga: 10:16pm On May 15, 2016
Oyindaberry:
Now I see where Denrele got his high-heel shoes from undecided

Small girl.
You know no say your papa wear am too, so he's hay
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga The Man Behind The Hit Song “sweet Mother by fratermathy(m): 10:28pm On May 15, 2016
jasysandra:
Mother is Gold.

Miss my mum cry
kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Annie Idibia Becomes A Super-hero In New Painting / "Let Them Protest": Oby Ezekwesili On 2face Led Planned Protest / #10yearschallenge ; Kcee Shares Hilarious Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.