Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,887 members, 7,838,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood (4040 Views)

Will The SS/SE Vote Osinbanjo In 2019 Or Repay Yoruba Treachery? / Ministry Of Budget And National Planning Press Release / Femi Gbajabiamila: The Decision To Relieve Jibrin Was A Collective One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 15, 2016
oduastates:

Nation?

A large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular state or territory.

Nigeria is not a nation and this is proven by simply looking at the heading of this post.
My route is important the same way Niger bridge is important to you.
Lagos- calabar is of limited economic importance to us. Inferring that this thing is a kind of favour is utter bullocks.
I would happily have the oodua nation part of the rail line redirected toward my route.you can choose to redirect the eastern part towards what rock your boat.
Anyway, your senators did not want it
Not bit**hing about, just being a realist.

Here you go with your righteous and atrocious indignation about self interest but when the Niger Delta echo our determination for resource control , you go on your hypocritical diatribe about how resources in Nigeria belongs to Nigeria.

It's logical for you to fight for your region and projects and unabashedly admit that the development of other regions is of no importance to you but the resources of the Niger Delta is the resources of all regions.

Waste no time in your sterile litanies and neausating mimicry for you lack any sort of critical thought and you lack the capacity to effectively criticise dialectic reasoning.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by waternogetemeny: 1:43pm On May 15, 2016
Well if Buhari have chosen to play the 5% card, Niger Delta Avengers will make sure he finance the budget with ground nut and cow.

4 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Ojiofor: 1:51pm On May 15, 2016
Op allow people and region that knows how to use power to the benefit of their people and region to enjoy it while it last.
When Jona was there what did he do for our region?Allow Buhari and APC to teach our people some hard lesson.
Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Ngozi123(f): 1:56pm On May 15, 2016
I don't know why there are people arguing with the op as Buhari himself said that he would only do the minimum of what's required of him for the '5%ers', namely the South-East and the South-South. Carry on...

1 Like

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by oduastates: 2:09pm On May 15, 2016
boostdom:

Here you go with your righteous and atrocious indignation about self interest but when the Niger Delta echo our determination for resource control , you go on your hypocritical diatribe about how resources in Nigeria belongs to Nigeria.

It's logical for you to fight for your region and projects and unabashedly admit that the development of other regions is of no importance to you but the resources of the Niger Delta is the resources of all regions.

Waste no time in your sterile litanies and neausating mimicry for you lack any sort of critical thought and you lack the capacity to effectively criticise dialectic reasoning.

Why should I care if violence is used for the expression of grievance?
Why should I care if, in spite of clear evidence /facts, they keep repeating the same clichés.
What are your representative doing?
What are their legacies in power? Why did they not build the heaven on earth with all the money flowing left right and centre?
When and if the next opportunity, use the formula that you think is fair.
Jonathan was transformational. No be so.
Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by bolanto24(m): 3:30pm On May 15, 2016
oduastates:

Why should I care if violence is used for the expression of grievance?
Why should I care if, in spite of clear evidence /facts, they keep repeat the same clichés.
What are your representative doing?
What are their legacies in power? Why did they not build the heaven on earth with all the money flowing left right and centre?
When and if the next opportunity, use the formula that you think is fair.
Jonathan was transformational. No be so.

Nonsensical rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 15, 2016
OP is correct
We putting more than we getting

long live
Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by CSTR6: 4:27pm On May 15, 2016
boostdom:

Exactly.
That is why their parasitic cries about NDA falls on the deaf ears of any sane mind.

4 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Hengineer: 6:06pm On May 15, 2016
aventura:
take off that bigoted lens and see the bigger picture.

How many ratio of representation of states across board?

How many billions were allocated to this two "lumped" regions (ss/se) as against the sw alone.

Then try to get your head examined if you see nothing wrong?
For once, let us try and expunge this needless tribal allegiance and consider the general good of the nation. For starters, this is just the first budget, there are 3 more budgets to come. Secondly, the criteria for choosing some of these projects, especially the roads, was economic viability and level of progress already achieved (seeing that these are just continuation of old projects). The truth is, going by thia formula, there is absolutely no way every geopolitical zone can get exactly the same spend. We aren't talking of cash being shared here (which should have been easy), we are talking of capital projects, mainly roads which link several zones of the country.

Taking the Lagos Ibadan road for instance which realistically is the largest bone of contention here, this road has been recognised as the busiest road in the federation and even if it may fall within a particular geographic zone, if we search ourselves deeply and are honest, and if we expunge the urge for inter-tribal competition, you will agree with me that this road is used EQUALLY by all tribes of the federation who converge at Lagos for economic purposes, it would definitely be a faulty argument to view this tribally by assuming the road belongs to yoruba.

If we also consider a road like the Benin Sagamu highway, this road may be classified on paper as falling in the SW, but let us be very honest and non-tribal about this, I personally believe over 90% of people who use the benin sagamu road are non-southwesterners.

Another example is the Abuja-Lokoja-Okene road, this road may fall mainly within Kogi state in the North central, but can we really say this road is most beneficial to Kogi indigenes or the middle-beltans than other zones of Nigeria?.... absolute NO!

So what am I trying to say, some of these roads are national and not necessarily regional. Fixing them is in national interest and does not necessarily benefit the surrounding tribe most.

4 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Hengineer: 6:08pm On May 15, 2016
Ngozi123:
I don't know why there are people arguing with the op as Buhari himself said that he would only do the minimum of what's required of him for the '5%ers', namely the South-East and the South-South. Carry on...
waternogetemeny:
Well if Buhari have chosen to play the 5% card, Niger Delta Avengers will make sure he finance the budget with ground nut and cow.
The 5% statement applied to appointments only, within the same sentence, buhari clearly stated that he would still do what was constitutionally required, i.e. to spread development evenly.

2 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Kei144(m): 6:22pm On May 15, 2016
I'm so happy about Enugu-Onitsha road. It's been hell.

1 Like

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by medpren: 6:36pm On May 15, 2016
Hengineer:

The 5% statement applied to appointments only, within the same sentence, buhari clearly stated that he would still do what was constitutionally required, i.e. to spread development evenly.

Mr interpreter, keep fooling yourself. The truth is that NDA is the creation of Karma. Things will be balanced by force whether Buhari likes it not! I hate violence but it is clearly the only thing that formats the brains of abookies, they don't understand peaceful grammar (ba turenci).

The north fears and respects only violent people since the days of violent Dan fodio.

1 Like

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Hengineer: 6:48pm On May 15, 2016
medpren:

Mr interpreter, keep fooling yourself. The truth is that NDA is the creation of Karma. Things will be balanced by force whether Buhari likes it not! I hate violence but it is clearly the only thing that formats the brains of abookies, they don't understand peaceful grammar (ba turenci).

The north fears and respects only violent people since the days of violent Dan fodio.
NDA is a creation of economic greed and it is nurtured by political treachery. At every point in time, you can never please everybody, the NDA guys are just a group of economic opportunists who want to make some money; they obviously envy the Asaris and Tompolos of this world and they simply seek their share of the booty. While they do what they do, politicians and political supporters (anti-buharists) are urging them on for purely political reasons; with the believe that anyone or anything which is against buhari is their friend. Unfortunately, Buhari has no iota of diplomacy in him, a horrible feature for a leader, especially a democratic (not military) leader in a highly polarized country like ours. God help us!

1 Like

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:45pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:
Shut the hell up. Why do you people keep lumping the north together and find it convenient separating the south into their individual zones??

Why don't you tell us what the NE, NW, and NC have respectively instead of comparing as North vs SE and SS??

Mtscheew.
.... Where you cursed by birth to be insulting people? Why can't you pass your message across void of abuses. Grow up!!
Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by hundredhundred: 9:57pm On May 15, 2016
Ngozi123:

SS people will never say SS/SE, its only you hateful people that spew SE/SS everywhere online, stand on your own for once. Na by force? Han han

4 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Ngozi123(f): 10:11pm On May 15, 2016
hundredhundred:

SS people will never say SS/SE, its only you hateful people that spew SE/SS everywhere online, stand on your own for once. Na by force? Han han

Buhari's the one who grouped them together, not me. What exactly have I said that makes me a hateful person or are we allowed to start calling people names on Nairaland now ?

2 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Ngozi123(f): 10:15pm On May 15, 2016
Hengineer:

The bolded is the politically correct way of saying 'the minimum required'. In any case, actions speak louder than words and, as we've seen with this budget, the FG are not 'spreading development evenly'.

2 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by hundredhundred: 10:19pm On May 15, 2016
Ngozi123:

Buhari's the one who grouped them together, not me. What exactly have I said that makes me a hateful person or are we allowed to start calling people names on Nairaland now ?

Shut up, we know you well here with your former handle. Stand on your own and stop doing attachee by force, uno get shame?

3 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Ngozi123(f): 10:34pm On May 15, 2016
hundredhundred:

Shut up, we know you well here with your former handle. Stand on your own and stop doing attachee by force, uno get shame?

I'm tired of people accusing me of being that poster. Just because I have the same name as her doesn't mean that we're the same person. How many Ngozis are there in Nigeria and the diaspora? There's even quite a few here on Nairaland.

Btw, I did not insult you so I would appreciate it if you could afford me the same courtesy.

1 Like

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Hengineer: 10:37pm On May 15, 2016
Ngozi123:

The bolded is the politically correct way of saying 'the minimum required'. In any case, actions speak louder than words and, as we've seen with this budget, the FG are not 'spreading development evenly'.
How is development not being spread evenly?.... Lagos ibadan road N40bn right?.... have in mind that that road may be in one geographic zone, but the road is national and is used by all 'equally.' So also are many other trunk A roads, e.g. the abuja-lokoja-okene road, 95% of that road falls in kogi state, but it would be a very flawed argument to say the road is more beneficial to kogites or middle-beltans. These are Trunk A connecting roads.

1 Like

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by shugaboy6102(m): 10:47pm On May 15, 2016
fulanimafia:
A list that includes the 2nd Niger Bridge and a new terminal for the Enugu River Airport among other projects is what they're wailing about?

Victim mentality must be a curse, except of course the OP is going undercover to thank Buhari for proving he is for everybody.
don't mind the op.one thing i have come to discover here on this platform is that we have some satanic agents for pose as ops to just cause trouble and dis unity among Nigerians.I can tell u that the op isn't igbo but has decided to come up with that heading so that we start our usual internet war.

2 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Ngozi123(f): 10:50pm On May 15, 2016
Hengineer:
How is development not being spread evenly?.... Lagos ibadan road N40bn?.... have in mind that that road may be in one geographic zone, but the road is national and is used by all 'equally.'

Exactly, it will be used by all Nigerians, meaning that that particular region will benefit from the influx of people going there to conduct their business which, in turn, will increase the amount of business opportunities in the area. Other regions won't get this benefit. What you're saying is akin to saying that by developing Lagos, you'll be developing the whole of Nigeria because Nigerians from varying ethnicities live there. Whilst you're right in the sense that it helps those Nigerians living and/or working in Lagos, it still fails to help those primarily living/working in other, neglected regions. You also fail to note that by developing said regions, this would divert a lot of the business being forcibly brought to Lagos elsewhere. Now, that would be considered as 'spreading development evenly'.

2 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Hengineer: 11:07pm On May 15, 2016
Ngozi123:

Exactly, it will be used by all Nigerians, meaning that that particular region will benefit from the influx of people going there to conduct their business which, in turn, will increase the amount of business opportunities in the area. Other regions won't get this benefit. What you're saying is akin to saying that by developing Lagos, you'll be developing the whole of Nigeria because Nigerians from varying ethnicities live there. Whilst you're right in the sense that it helps those Nigerians living and/or working in Lagos, it still fails to help those primarily living/working in other, neglected regions. You also fail to note that by developing said regions, this would divert a lot of the business being forcibly brought to Lagos elsewhere. Now, that would be considered as 'spreading development evenly'.
The truth is that the mind has to be put where the money is. Lagos is presently the commercial capital of Nigeria and it is a town where nigerians of all tribes presently converge to do business. Baring any inter-zonal or inter-tribal contests, fixing a road leading to the nation's commercial centre will benefit persons of every tribe and zone economically; with this in mind, it makes sense to give this road more priority as it is more economically important than any other road in the federation presently. Giving it more priority however does not mean every other road should be abondoned, hence we have funds allocated for the 2nd niger bridge and the connecting roads which would aid proper flow of traffic in and out of the SE zone.

1 Like

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Ngozi123(f): 11:18pm On May 15, 2016
Hengineer:
The truth is that the mind has to be put where the money is. Lagos is presently the commercial capital of Nigeria and it is a town where nigerians of all tribes presently converge to do business. Baring any inter-zonal or inter-tribal contests, fixing a road leading to the nation's commercial centre will benefit persons of every tribe and zone economically; with this in mind, it makes sense to give this road more priority as it is more economically important than any other road in the federation presently. Giving it more priority however does not mean every other road should be abondoned, hence we have funds allocated for the 2nd niger bridge and the connecting roads which would aid proper flow of traffic in and out of the SE zone.

No one is saying that they shouldn't have put the Lagos-Ibadan road in the budget. My point was that Buhari was only fulfilling his promise to given those regions minimal attention, which is evident in the budget. If Buhari were to do more than what was 'constitutionally required' then he would open up seaport in Port Harcourt, for example. Lagos is already (relatively) developed, wouldn't it be of more benefit to the country if we were to develop less developed regions? It would provide an alternative economic hub, creating some competition between the regions which is good for a country the size of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Cjrane2: 11:28pm On May 15, 2016
Uduak2019:
SS and SE...take a cursory look at the projects below, and tell me if we are still part of Nigeria. All I see is North and SW

[size=18pt]The truth is that they won't even implement those projects for SE and SS.
They will either award the money to themselves using fronts in useless construction companies they will engage for the job or they will outrightly refuse to implement those specific projects concerning the SE and SS.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by fulanimafia: 11:31pm On May 15, 2016
medpren:

You chest beaters are good entertainment any day. You should be ashamed to be in support of such a foolish and cowardly group, instead you are here glorifying violence as if when push comes to shove you can stand any of your adversaries.

Balanced indeed, you will continue to reap the fruits of your foolishness...keep looking to reap where you did not sow.

The military are now raiding the creeks for the cowards who are must be hiding under their fishing nets. I'm waiting to hear your cries once the carcasses of your heroes start being displayed on this forum.

1 Like

Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by Hengineer: 6:53am On May 16, 2016
Ngozi123:

No one is saying that they shouldn't have put the Lagos-Ibadan road in the budget. My point was that Buhari was only fulfilling his promise to given those regions minimal attention, which is evident in the budget. If Buhari were to do more than what was 'constitutionally required' then he would open up seaport in Port Harcourt, for example. Lagos is already (relatively) developed, wouldn't it be of more benefit to the country if we were to develop less developed regions? It would provide an alternative economic hub, creating some competition between the regions which is good for a country the size of Nigeria.
What is the cost of these roads compared to a seaport? .... If a new seaport is being planned for lagos, then your argument would have been valid, but that os obviously not the case. Like I said, prioritising means completing old projects before thinking of starting new ones; there is no evidence of 5% or whatever in these projects, stop being forcefully paranoid.

By the way, a seaport already exists in PH even though for a long time, importers have preferred going through Lagos particularly due to the insecurity at the internal waterways. The insecurity due to the activities of pirates and militants certainly killed the attractiveness of inland ports like PH and warri a long time ago. Presently, Cross Rivers is developing coastal port which would certainly drive some traffic away from lagos.
Re: SS & SE..Breakdown Of Budget Projects Is A Collective Assault On Our Personhood by fastguy10: 7:21am On May 16, 2016
jfking2005:
@Op please learn to be sincere to yourself for once.
I can see all region in this budget yet to felt embittered
Will you be happy if it is 100% SE and SS

Be fair at all time
I am an igbo guy

The OP Don smoke out his senses dis morning pls dnt blame him na jobless dey worry him

We love GEJ n support his Govt bt he cnt build 2nd Niger bridge but an hausa man we hate most have done it 4 us
It is a time we start loving ds hausa man

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND / Big Fraud In Buhari's 2017 National Budget Exposed...see Shocking Details / Dr. Ibe Kachukwu Set To Resign And Go Back To His Professor Job At Havard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.