Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike (28152 Views)

Shia Muslim Group Rejects FG Move To Disobey Court Order On Zakzaky / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates / Labour To Proceed On Strike Tomorrow Over Fuel Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 15, 2016
ORGANISED labour, yesterday, insisted it would shut down the economy from Wednesday, May 18, should the Federal Government fail to revert the pump price of petrol to the pre-May 11 price of N86.50, among other demands, by midnight of Tuesday, May 17.

The declaration was made on a day indications emerged that government was disposed to amicable settlement of the price hike impasse with labour.

In the meantime, the umbrella body for private sector employers in the country, Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association, NECA, has faulted the plan by labour to go on strike, urging the private sector employees to ignore the strike directive and go about their normal businesses.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-price-hike-fg-begs-nlc-planned-nationwide-strike/

This means banks may not Join strike.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by otokx(m): 12:13pm On May 15, 2016
When I heard the NLC man saying shut down market I laughed, its like he wants to get the beating of his life.

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by dollyjoy(f): 12:14pm On May 15, 2016
Why will they join when their names is synonym to zombies. undecided

17 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by investnotspend: 12:15pm On May 15, 2016
tuale4u:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-price-hike-fg-begs-nlc-planned-nationwide-strike/

I said it this would be the most dissapointing strike ever embarked upon by NLC , instead of them to fight for minimum wage increment they fighting for subsidy, useless set of ppl

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 15, 2016
otokx:
When I heard the NLC man saying shut down market I laughed, its like he wants to get the beating of his life.
hahaha. The guy is deluded. Nigerians are more politically aware today. Most people are aware we cant continue to subsidies consumption in a country lacking road, power and good health facilities.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by investnotspend: 12:15pm On May 15, 2016
tuale4u:

I said it this would be the most dissapointing strike ever embarked upon by NLC , instead of them to fight for minimum wage increment they fighting for subsidy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by skelewu404(m): 12:15pm On May 15, 2016
Father send us angel from above

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 15, 2016
investnotspend:

I said it this would be the most dissapointing strike ever embarked upon by NLC , instead of them to fight for minimum wage increment they fighting for subsidy

very true

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Josegun(m): 12:53pm On May 15, 2016
I wonder what is their problem with subsidy, they should allow that sector to run on its own with little regulations and watch the price crashed. Telecommunication is a good case study and it's still crashing.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 15, 2016
Josegun:
I wonder what is their problem with subsidy, they should allow that sector to run on its own with little regulations and watch the price crashed. Telecommunication is a good case study and it's still crashing.

valid point

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 15, 2016
Nlc is out of sync with the current reality. There is NO Money

14 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:06pm On May 15, 2016
Poor NLC grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by yemmynoni: 2:11pm On May 15, 2016
dollyjoy:
Why will they join when their names is synonym to zombies. undecided

cry me a river

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by modath(f): 2:14pm On May 15, 2016
otokx:

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

This is no laughing matter but a the mental image of maximum shishi I witnessed in my school days just made me LOL real good!

Why do you think so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by EasternLeopard: 2:20pm On May 15, 2016
When the better South refused to go on strike in 2012, the treacherous South thought we were biased. Is it not shameful that this treacherous Southerners are now against subsidy.

May my people never be possessed by the cursed spirit of Afonja in the flesh as Tinubu

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 15, 2016
EasternLeopard:
When the better South refused to go on strike in 2012, the treacherous South thought we were biased. Is it not shameful that this treacherous Southerners are now against subsidy.

May my people never be possessed by the cursed spirit of Afonja in the flesh as Tinubu
hmmmm

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by modath(f): 2:29pm On May 15, 2016
tuale4u:

hahaha. The guy is deluded. Nigerians are more politically aware today. Most people are aware we cant continue to subsidies consumption in a country lacking road, power and good health facilities.

No mind the jegudu jeras! Qatar,UAE,Kuwait with a fraction of our population are not smiling as it is now, don't even get me started on Venezuela, Na blood those ones dey cry!!!

What we need NLC to do is to fight to;

1. Ensure min wage can get the basics: 30-35k.

2. Follow the 350bn capital spending bumper to bumper so we don't end up subsidising corruption in another guise.

3. Fight RMAFC & Wages commission to a standstill so there is income parity among govt establishments.

4. Enforce due process in recruitment; so young graduates without connection won't all be relegated to recharge card sales or fish pond or poultry farming because the elites have taken all the posts with "juice" & left ONLY the chaffs..

I doubt they can get just one of these done though, they are but toothless canines!!

They played dead when job seekers got death in exchange for their 1k, Abba "mass murderer" Moro is still walking free.

Subsidy probe of 2012 eventually turned into a farce!

NASS is living large, their budget (which takes 25% of recurrent expenditure??) is shrouded in secrecy, that one is one battle we ALL need to fight.

97 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by amaechi1: 2:47pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

No mind the jegudu jera! Qatar,UAE,Kuwait with a fraction of our population are not smiling as it is now, don't even get me started on Venezuela, and blood those ones dey cry!!

2. Follow the 350bn capital spending bumper to bumper so we don't end up subsidising corruption in another guise.

3. Fight RMAFC & Wages commission to a standstill so there is income parity among go establishments.

4. Enforce due process in recruitment young graduates without connection won't all be relegated to recharge card sales or fish pond or poultry farming because the elites have taken all the posts with "juice" & left the chaffs..

I doubt they can get just one of these done though, they are but toothless canines!!

They played dead when job seekers got death in exchange for their 1k, Abba "mass murderer" Moro is still walking free.

NASS is living large, their budget (which takes 25% of recurrent expenditure??) is shrouded in secrecy, that one is o battle we need to fight.

My brother, may God bless you every seconds of your life.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Hillzy(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2016
Good for them no body should follow them to any protest, protest that they want to do be'cos of greed n their own pocket alone, if u protest wit them before u know it they would be invited to d villa n share some ghana must go to them the next tin u will hear frm NLC is 'subsidy removal is for d betterment of Nigeria' after they have pass ghana must go to their self n d common man who went to protest wit them will be take as a fool.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by emerged01(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2016
They are crying minimum wage,what should we cry for,we the private companies' employee?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Lilprincey(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2016
Thunder go fire anybody where go kum shout APC for 2019 elections..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by tayo200(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2016
up man utd..just dt we can't go for champions league

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by DonAustyne(m): 2:55pm On May 15, 2016
wo dey eep.

Afterall if sun nor shine rain go fall
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Deen77: 2:55pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

No mind the jegudu jera! Qatar,UAE,Kuwait with a fraction of our population are not smiling as it is now, don't even get me started on Venezuela, and blood those ones dey cry!!

3. Fight RMAFC & Wages commission to a standstill so there is income parity among go establishments.

4. Enforce due process in recruitment young graduates without connection won't all be relegated to recharge card sales or fish pond or poultry farming because the elites have taken all the posts with "juice" & left the chaffs..

NASS is living large, their budget (which takes 25% of recurrent expenditure??) is shrouded in secrecy, that one is o battle we need to fight.

And encourage local refining of petroleum, only Import need dollar, local production don't need dollar.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by miqos02(m): 2:55pm On May 15, 2016
oi
Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by nortcentrallord(m): 2:56pm On May 15, 2016
investnotspend:

I said it this would be the most dissapointing strike ever embarked upon by NLC , instead of them to fight for minimum wage increment they fighting for subsidy, useless set of ppl

Does inflation means anything to you?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by ladyF(f): 2:56pm On May 15, 2016
I was telling someone this exact same thing earlier today. Going on strike is a lose-lose option for people that are struggling and make money on daily basis. Think of how much market women, gala and la casera hawkers, etc stand to lose in case we go on strike. People are struggling enough already. It's high time we stop putting fake subsidy money in the hands of this oil marketers sef.

We would not join NLC to share the settlement money from FG, let them go on their own strike alone. The the civil servants continue with their strike. Na oyo dem dey! angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Mutuwa(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2016
Hahahaha.. this is just the beginning.

I will love to see them fail..

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike by Ijaya123: 2:57pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

You have said it all.

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nsima Ekere Goes Bankrupt, To Sell Properties To Uma Ukpai- Akwaibomdaily.com.ng / Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) / Pictures Of Fulani Occupation And Destruction Of Agatu Land......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.