Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,675 members, 7,844,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Open Letter To President Mohammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To President Mohammadu Buhari (580 Views)

President Mohammadu Buhari Is Using Made In Nigeria Drug-lai Mohammed / Nigerians React To President Buhari's Return In Funny Tweets / Checkout This New Picture Of Mohammadu Buhari's Economy I Saw On Facebook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To President Mohammadu Buhari by makyegh(m): 12:23pm On May 16, 2016
Mr President I write you an unhappy letter and therefore I will go straight to the issue without any delay.
It has been many months since your administration came to power, precisely 1 year in the next couple of days and while I agree that the problem that is driving me to write you this letter did not commence with your administration, and while also acknowledging that you are making efforts towards handling the situation, I cannot say that the much you have done has been any good to me.
I am Tiv from Benue state and I want to let you know that my kit and kin of Benue extraction inclusive of Idomas have been under severe attacks from your kit and kin the Fulani for whatever reason but the common explanation of farmers/ herdsmen crises is no longer enough to explain the attacks. It is high time you recognized the risk of failing to demand action from those with responsibility like your Inspector General of Police.
From Benue, Nassarawa to Taraba, our brethren have been killed severally and repeatedly without cause and your government has done no more than pay lip service to the challenge that has faced us. While the killings in Agatu drew the attention of the world to the genocide quietly taking place in Benue state, there have been several other instances where Fulani herdsmen have also wrecked even to the extent of admitting to their crime, and not a one, has been arrested.
Yet we have observed as your government marches ahead with plans to implement grazing reserve and stock route agenda. While most people are comfortable just accepting the sleight of hand offered by the likes of Senator Ekweremmadu who claimed on before the World that there was no Grazinig Bill before the National Assembly, some of us are warned by the antics of the Chairman of the Public hearing on the Grazing Bill, Senator Abdullahi Adamu who has not only confirmed the existence of a Bill but the dark intentions of your towards the rest of us.
Yet we have observed as your government marches ahead with plans to implement grazing reserve and stock route agenda. While most people are comfortable just accepting the sleight of hand offered by the likes of Senator Ekweremmadu who claimed on before the World that there was no Grazinig Bill before the National Assembly, some of us are warned by the antics of the Chairman of the Public hearing on the Grazing Bill, Senator Abdullahi Adamu who has not only confirmed the existence of a Bill but the dark intentions of your towards us in Benue state.
We have also observed that while you stood your ground to ensure that the particular elements of development you wanted were included despite the shenanigans of the National Assembly, we have also observed that you allowed for inclusion the sum of N940 million for the development of grazing reserves and stock without regard to the damage such an act will do the rest of us or the environment if you do not care for us.
I will say with all equanimity that the inclusion of that sum in the budget is both an indication of your poor intentions towards us the Tivs of the Middle Belt or North Central and your willingness to exterminate us. There is no reason for your government to proceed on the grazing reserve business except of course you have decided to carry on regardless our concerns. You are not called Maigaskiya without reason but if Taqiyya allows you the leeway to deceive and destroy us, that will part of your legacy. But make no mistake, we will defend ourselves and our lands to the last man even if is the only thing we eventually do.
Evidence abounds that your kit and kin not only encouraged desertification in core northern states but they caused it with their acts of cutting down tree foliage for their cattle. This practice carried on in the core Northern states for years and today, it is easily observable in Nassarawa and Benue state where they are embarking on this dangerous practice. You have been getting across the globe in search of all the right ingredients that will help you govern well, while at it, please look at the international best practice in animal production and you will see that #Ranching, not #Grazing is the standard.
We have lived with your kit and kin and accommodated each other for years, it will not be business as usual under these uncommon circumstances in which we have become game for them to hunt as they please. This is not politics but take notice that the Benue Man bleed blood and so do the Fulani and if the killings do not stop, very soon we will find that the Baboon bleeds blood just like Dog!

Re: Open Letter To President Mohammadu Buhari by akp202(m): 12:47pm On May 16, 2016
Touching.. ..we just hope he does something to ur plight
Re: Open Letter To President Mohammadu Buhari by orisa37: 1:03pm On May 16, 2016
Baboon bleeps and bleeds like Hyena(Kurah)!!!!
Re: Open Letter To President Mohammadu Buhari by respect80(m): 5:23pm On May 16, 2016
Smh shocked

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Lawmaker Urges Nlc, Tuc To Shelve Strike, Support N56,000mw / Saraki, Supporters Arrive CCT Despite NLC Strike / Buhari To Nigerians “probe Me, I Am Ready”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.