Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,243 members, 7,811,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation (1604 Views)

Senate At War Over Allowance / Sumner Shagari Sambo At War Zones: "Not All Journalists Are Lazy" / Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:36pm On May 16, 2016
There is this headline published by Vanguard titled Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Odua Defenders Union

While The headline of the publication suggest that the Ijaw group, Ijaw Development Association(IDA) and Ijaw nation was spoiling for a showdown with the Yorubas, the content of the publication indicate suing for peace. An excerpt from the publication reads....

National President of IDA, Fiyebo Eperetei, in
the statement, said: “The Ijaw in Lagos are not at war with Yoruba. Hence, it will be very unfortunate for anybody to plan attack on Ijaw in Lagos. The umbrella body of Ijaw nation, Ijaw National Congress, INC and Ijaw Youth Council, IYC, did not issue any threat to attack "installations in Lagos” and other parts of Nigeria. Therefore, the threat or plan by the Niger Delta Avengers should not be used as a basis to attack peaceful and law abiding Ijaw in Lagos.

“We also use this medium to appeal to ODU that we are not at war with anybody in Lagos State. As peace loving people, it will be very sad for us to be attacked because of a statement by a group of people operating from Niger Delta region who are allegedly agitating for the interest of the whole Niger Delta region and not Ijaw alone.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/
withdraw-threat-ijaw-group-tells-oodua-
defenders-union/

In the article, nowhere did the Ijaw group issue any warning to ODU. The group simply maintained that threatening to attack the peace loving Ijaws in Lagos over the misguided NDA is uncalled for as we are NOT at war with any group, whether Yoruba, Efik, Igala or Fulani or Igbo.

In fact, about a week ago Comrade Joseph Evah of Ijaw Monitoring Group had to meet with Yoruba leaders to restate our peaceful existence with the Yorubas.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/opc-
ijaw-leader-meet-avoid-avengers-threat-
lagos/

Ijaws Are Not In Support of NDA Attack On Facilities
As for the self-acclaimed NDA, they are on their own in the act of economic terrorism as long as Ijaw nation is concerned even though we reiterate that the situation in our areas is unacceptable.

Prominent Ijaw groups and personalities have condemned the NDA activities including;

Ijaw Youth Council, the umbrella body of Ijaw Youths
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/203130-ijaw-youth-condemn-niger-delta-avengers-attacking-oil-installations.html

Ijaw Peoples Development Initiative
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/wont-
apologize-tompolo-dares-n-delta-avengers/

Ex-Militant and Now Businessman, Mr Tompolo
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/wont-
apologize-tompolo-dares-n-delta-avengers/

Ex Militant Chief Ateke Tom
http://www.newtelegraphonline.com/stop-attacks-ateke-tom-tells-niger-delta-avengers/

My humble self, in my little capacity also condemned the violent agitation of the NDA Group
www.nairaland.com/3092104/niger-delta-situation-misguided-niger

Ijaws Are Not Interested In Violence
Though we are not happy with the situation of things and marginalization by the Nigerian state, yet we are not interested in violence. We shall explore every legitimate means to have what we seek.

We lost a lot in Odi in 1999, we lost a lot in Gbaramatu Kingdom in 2009, the human lives lost and properties all the period of militancy can't be quantified. Our land and environment suffers great loss each time oil inatallation is blown off.

As for war, we at not interested. I hope members of other groups will understand the difference between the misguided NDA and the good people of Ijaw nation.

Long Live Ijaw Nation !!! Long Live Yoruba Nation!!!

May God Bless Us All And bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by Firefire(m): 1:38pm On May 16, 2016
Barcanista, relax, no harm will come to the good people of Ijaw living peaceful in our region.

However, the Niger Delta terrorist threatening of bombing Lagos should be warned.
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by babyfaceafrica: 1:42pm On May 16, 2016
We know na..na dose ipod yoots the claim ND online...we know there gimmicks..dem just dey find person to attache by force with..they cannot do violence alone....watching and waiting!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:42pm On May 16, 2016
Firefire:
Barcanista, relax no harm will come to the good people of Ijaw living peaceful in our region.

However, the Niger Delta terrorist threatening of bombing Lagos should be warned.
IYC has urged FG to fish out perpetrators.

Chief Tompolo even volunteered himself to help fish out perpetrators

Many Ijaw groups have advised them to tow the path of peace. It is unfortunate but we can't leave any stone unturn

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:47pm On May 16, 2016
Lalasticlala Seun Dominique

ejoor o
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by Firefire(m): 1:48pm On May 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

IYC has urged FG to fish out perpetrators.

Chief Tompolo even volunteered himself to help fish out perpetrators

Many Ijaw groups have advised them to tow the path of peace. It is unfortunate but we can't leave any stone unturn

Peace is the ultimate for those who love peace. I doubt this embittered government of APC with bitterness engraved in their heart can embrace peace.
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by chikel2000(m): 1:50pm On May 16, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
We know na..na dose ipod yoots the claim ND online...we know there gimmicks..dem just dey find person to attache by force with..they cannot do violence alone....watching and waiting!!!
If u r having problem with Ijaw people pls free Ipod or whatever u call it. U sure u r ok?. I dnt n will not support Biafra but d way u guys go abt it is even makng us think again. Person dey him own u go d wake am
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:51pm On May 16, 2016
Firefire:

Peace is the ultimate for those who love peace. I doubt this embittered government of APC with bitterness engraved in their heart can embrace peace.
Only a peaceful environment can guarantee development
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by Firefire(m): 1:52pm On May 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Absolutely!
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by evansvenus(m): 1:55pm On May 16, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

stop this uneccessary vitrols you are stylishly throwing..you are too educated for this!
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by chriskosherbal(m): 1:56pm On May 16, 2016
Please let's live in peace, we are all Nigerians.
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by lekkie073(m): 1:56pm On May 16, 2016
ok...TonyeBarcanista, I will tell my boys not to prepare for war again...since u have decided to beg for forgiveness grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Barcanista do you have a Job now.... sorry I forgot you are blogger, while you mates own the oil wells in your backyard, even to employ you as an operator in their servicing companies they refused. The so called Ijaws shaking in Lagos are not true IJAWS, these ones have never reach the creek before, they are Lagos Ijaws like Barcanista the internet blogger grin
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:02pm On May 16, 2016
GreatSE:

Barcanista do you have a Job now.... sorry I forgot you are blogger, while you mates own the oil wells in your backyard, even to employ you as an operator in their servicing companies they refused. The so called Ijaws shaking in Lagos are not true IJAWS, these ones have never reach the creek before, they are Lagos Ijaws like Barcanista the internet blogger grin
I guess Ateke Tom, Tompolo, Joseph Evah, IYC, IPDA etc are also Lagos Ijaws.

BTW: There is NOTHING like Lagos Ijaw. We only have Ijaw living in Lagos.

Meanwhile, the life and properties of EVERY IJAW man or woman is of great value to Us irrespective of their area of resident.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:05pm On May 16, 2016
lekkie073:
ok...TonyeBarcanista, I will tell my boys not to prepare for war again...since u have decided to beg for forgiveness grin
Tell your boys to organise party and chics instead.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by PhockPhockMan: 2:05pm On May 16, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

Now I know that you're a programed anti ipob robot.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by joeprince23(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2016
op u are a bigot and possible imposter, is you mother yoruba? Did any body tell you yoruba is figthing with ijo,ijo of all tribes?wetin be ijo sef if i may ask? Oga stop mentioning yoruba again in all this ur stupid write ups,As far as i am concerned you are not okrika or ijoid,so give it a rest already
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:09pm On May 16, 2016
grin we in support of them, barcanista should stop fight against his people undecided
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by papparatzzi2013: 2:12pm On May 16, 2016
God bless you TonyeBarcanista.

Bad news to ipob.
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:17pm On May 16, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
grin we in support of them, barcanista should stop fight against his people undecided
I'm standing by my people. I'm standing by IYC....

My people aren't in support of NDA's carnage

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by coolitempa(f): 2:22pm On May 16, 2016
Ijaws are safe in lagos....they don't want war...we don't want war....the problem being caused is that of the cowardly iPod youths looking for accomplices in their evil ventures.... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:25pm On May 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm standing by my people. I'm standing by IYC....

My people aren't in support of NDA's carnage
like what my neighbor said and its true, had it been the north were the one that owns the oil, Nigeria would have been a past project. the north does not care about ONE NIGERIA but are after our resources to enrich themselves. we need to wake up, and let them know that we own the oil.
let us be sincere, over 85% of the oil wells belong to the northerner, is that not injustice. i know the leaders of these oil producing states are criminals themselves, but the north should know that they need to respect the land. let all region focus on their resources, the old full called boooohari claimed he wanted to diversify the economy, yet spent billions on research for oil in that God-forsaken land. undecided
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:25pm On May 16, 2016
PLEASE Note: This piece is not to spite non Ijaws/Yorubas, but to state our position.
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by incomintop: 2:29pm On May 16, 2016
They are only at war in Nairaland
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by jide219(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2016
Ko si werey, I dae think of my house rent may bet9ja virtual don chop so.
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by jide219(m): 2:32pm On May 16, 2016
If nor be the mumu iPod youth
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

like what my neighbor said and its true, had it been the north were the one that owns the oil, Nigeria would have been a past project. the north does not care about ONE NIGERIA but are after our resources to enrich themselves. we need to wake up, and let them know that we own the oil.
let us be sincere, over 85% of the oil wells belong to the northerner, is that not injustice. i know the leaders of these oil producing states are criminals themselves, but the north should know that they need to respect the land. let all region focus on their resources, the old full called boooohari claimed he wanted to diversify the economy, yet spent billions on research for oil in that God-forsaken land. undecided
You are Bini I guess, you guys have resources and pipelines, why can't your people blow them to express displeasure?

we all recognize the injustice but really I don't like when people make reference to Oil Bloc license because our man would have changed that between the periods of May 2010 and May 2015.

As for resource control, how does carnage and economic terrorism facilitate that? How does threatening to attack Lagos facilitate that? There are legitimate ways to achieve agitation. This we have resolved to explore.

NDA can move Their shop elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:35pm On May 16, 2016
jide219:
Ko si werey, I dae think of my house rent may bet9ja virtual don chop so.
Lol
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:38pm On May 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You are Bini I guess, you guys have resources and pipelines, why can't your people blow them to express displeasure?

we all recognize the injustice but really I don't like when people make reference to Oil Bloc license because our man would have changed that between the periods of May 2010 and May 2015.

As for resource control, how does carnage and economic terrorism facilitate that? How does threatening to attack Lagos facilitate that? There are legitimate ways to achieve agitation. This we have resolved to explore.

NDA can move Their shop elsewhere
bro, you are not truthful to your people. how long will these atrocities continue?

i am not in support of the militants, but i feel they are the lesser evil when compared to the north. let them implement the confab if they truly love us, they claim we one yet they threw the report on the confab in the 'waste bin' .
bro, we should not be deceived, we are not one. we are divided and can never be one.
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:43pm On May 16, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

bro, you are not truthful to your people. how long will these atrocities continue?

i am not in support of the militants, but i feel they are the lesser evil when compared to the north. let them implement the confab if they truly love us, they claim we one yet they threw the report on the confab in the 'waste bin' .
bro, we should not be deceived, we are not one. we are divided and can never be one.

I am not against agitation, I am against violent and counterproductive agitation by a group of misguided and hustling businessmen.

how does carnage and economic terrorism facilitate that? How does threatening to attack Lagos facilitate that? There are legitimate ways to achieve agitation.
Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 2:44pm On May 16, 2016
The disintergartion of Nigeria is a certain and inevitable eventuality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation by naso2(m): 3:03pm On May 16, 2016
Nothing go happen. ODU ko ODI ni . Make dem touch one ijaw man for lagos first.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pixs From Baga And Maiduguri Showing Life Returning Back. / Donald Trump And Muhammadu Buhari: Isn't The Resemblance Uncanny? / "How To Impeach Buhari While On Vacation" – Senator Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.