Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation (15106 Views)

This Is Why Buhari's Government Is Failing - Ango Abdullahi / Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by Chibuzoc(m): 5:52am On Jun 27, 2016
Following the recent killing of 15 persons in Imushin, Ogijo area of Ogun State and another 50 people killed last Thursday by suspected militants in Elepete and Igbo Olomu, borderline communities in Lagos and Ogun, pan-Yoruba socio-political group has said that Nigeria is failing the Yoruba nation.

Expressing Afenifere’s worries over the matter yesterday in a statement, the National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odunmaki wondered why the police was unable to make any arrest in connection with the wanton killings whereas innocent lives were lost.

“To the Nigerian state we say you are shamelessly failing the Yoruba nation in this decisive moment and we are losing confidence in your capacity to guarantee our safety. Act now!, Afenifere stated.

The body was particularly disgruntled that “Just like in the first attack, the police has failed to make any arrest and instead has engaged only in feeble denial of the casualty figures by ridiculously insisting that ‘only two people were killed’.

“The latest police claim is as ridiculous as the remarks of Ogun Police Commissioner of Police, Abdumajid Ali after the earlier attack. The police boss who claimed the same militants had been behind the recent spate of pipeline vandalism and economic sabotage had said: ‘It’s not true that 15 people were killed there. The DPO Ogijo was on ground; he reported that only three people were killed and their bodies have been recovered from the scene’.

“He argued that if adequate measures were not taken, the militant activities may snowball into insurgency. He added: ‘The militants are finding it difficult in Niger Delta and Ikorodu area of Lagos State. They are now moving to our side in Ogun. They are the ones involved in kidnapping and sorts of crime. These boys are becoming lawless. It is the same group that killed NNPC officials, SSS and Navy officers in Arepo. They are responsible for lots of criminal activities in the area. Honestly, they should be treated like Boko Haram.’ Who has stopped him from treating them so, if we may ask”, Odumakin asked.

According to the failure of the police authority to apprehend any suspect in connection to the killings, the Afenifere said: “Empty lamentations, absurd denials and shambolic accusations with no suspect held to prove the top cop is doing what he is being paid for.

“We are deeply troubled that all accounts from the communities show that the security forces have not been of any assistance to the affected communities in all their travails.

“Our fears are now heightened that these nibbling attacks may be precursors to organised campaign of violent attacks to seize the peace of Yorubaland and destabilise the peaceful region.

“While we sympathise with all families that have lost their loved ones in these mindless and beastly attacks, we want to appeal to our people to be

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/27/afenifere-claims-nigeria-is-failing-the-yoruba-nation/

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by hinohsend: 5:56am On Jun 27, 2016
The Nigerian state has failed every well meaning Tribal Nation,thats why something must change.Restructure Nigeria.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 27, 2016
True words. That's why I cosign them dinosaur heads 100% in their quest to get bi***ra. Sadly, my people will be the first to pee on my mentions every time I talk about wanting an independent Yor**a nation

My only grouse with characters like odumakin is that they never said anything during jona's era so the whole thing just looks fake

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by Dreal11247: 6:08am On Jun 27, 2016
Let Nigeria actually needs to operate with true federalism. Instead they are planning to use the lands acquired for The Federal Government to establish Fulani cattle rearers in every state.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by Aromas: 7:09am On Jun 27, 2016
Yeah, dis type of issue Afenifere should take about and other internal crisis within SouthWest. Not indulging into political affairs always. Oya Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Tinubu and others, make una com talk o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by BossWike(m): 7:11am On Jun 27, 2016
cheesy

Afenifere are wailers - Zombie 2016

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by kolnel: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2016
The real afenifere died with pa Abraham adesanya.
This left over are just after their stomach

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by DaBullIT(m): 8:24am On Jun 27, 2016
You can actually beat them, so you don't have to join them, Yoruba is the most honorable , most adorable , smartest and the most friendly tribe across Nigeria and beyond it's borders , we do not need independent Y nation by force by fire because what we already have , we can make it work , So don't worry about those masturbating about your comments on Yoruba nation

They know as well as I do that if Yoruba nation wanted to be independent by next month , There's no need for militants , terrorists or protests , we'll follow the procedure and work it out

Now back to topic , i have never backed Afenifere but this comment :They are now moving to our side in Ogun. They are the ones involved in kidnapping and sorts of crime. These boys are becoming lawless. It is the same group that killed NNPC officials, SSS and Navy officers in Arepo. They are responsible for lots of criminal activities in the area. Honestly, they should be treated like Boko Haram.’ Who has stopped him from treating them so, if we may ask”, Odumakin asked. Odumakin spoke my mind and this is what i have been asking from Buhari , Boko Haram treatment for all saboteurs , Bunkerers , pipeline vandals

Whathaveidone:
True words. That's why I cosign them dinosaur heads 100% in their quest to get bi***ra. Sadly, my people will be the first to pee on my mentions every time I talk about wanting an independent Yor**a nation

My only grouse with characters like odumakin is that they never said anything during jona's era so the whole thing just looks fake

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by HopeAlive14(m): 8:26am On Jun 27, 2016
May God give our leaders the wisdom to do the rightful and needful.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by truthspeaks: 8:27am On Jun 27, 2016
They meant to say their fulani masters had failed them.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by BUSHHUNTER: 8:27am On Jun 27, 2016
I still don't know if the opc is active or not....every region is safeguarding her territory...whatdafuvk is wrong with the opc?

I really pity the ppl of SS in lagos....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by juliusocean(m): 8:27am On Jun 27, 2016
men at work slow down

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by shaboti: 8:28am On Jun 27, 2016
They had better not complain. We all dey ds country together.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by fingard02k(m): 8:28am On Jun 27, 2016
Afeniferexit?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by truthspeaks: 8:29am On Jun 27, 2016
But u would hv said sometin difft if they had spoken in favor of ur master bubuhari. Zombies n double standards
kolnel:
The real afenifere died with pa Abraham adesanya.
This left over are just after their stomach

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by brownlord: 8:30am On Jun 27, 2016
Ipob Afenifere

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by safareegurl: 8:30am On Jun 27, 2016
That's nice, y'all are late for the party. While Nigeria is still failing you, Nigeria has already failed every Igbo, Niger Deltan and Idoma/Tiv person in this country.

6 Likes

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by ychris: 8:30am On Jun 27, 2016
i knew this was coming that momnt when u pledged allegiance with northners ... to be very very realistic thoses lads aint reliable or trustworthy.

even though obasanjo self fell victim.

even jesus said in d bible that fear north...-0basanjo 2015.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by chimah3(m): 8:30am On Jun 27, 2016
Sad
Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by oluphilip2008(f): 8:32am On Jun 27, 2016
Nigeria has not only failed the Yoruba nation, but the hope and belief of Nigerians in this entity called Nigeria has been eroded.

True Federalism now more than ever!

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by stigmond(m): 8:32am On Jun 27, 2016
Ook.
Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by truthspeaks: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2016
And u deliberately forgot 'fulani herdsmen'
DaBullIT:
You can actually beat them, so you don't have to join them, Yoruba is the most honorable , most adorable , smartest and the most friendly tribe across Nigeria and beyond it's borders , we do not need independent Y nation by force by fire because what we already have , we can make it work , So don't worry about those masturbating about your comments on Yoruba nation

They know as well as I do that if Yoruba nation wanted to be independent by next month , There's no need for militants , terrorists or protests , we'll follow the procedure and work it out

Now back to topic , i have never backed Afenifere but this comment :They are now moving to our side in Ogun. They are the ones involved in kidnapping and sorts of crime. These boys are becoming lawless. It is the same group that killed NNPC officials, SSS and Navy officers in Arepo. They are responsible for lots of criminal activities in the area. Honestly, they should be treated like Boko Haram.’ Who has stopped him from treating them so, if we may ask”, Odumakin asked. Odumakin spoke my mind and this is what i have been asking from Buhari , Boko Haram treatment for all saboteurs , Bunkerers , pipeline vandals

17 Likes

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 27, 2016
like seriously?!!!

Yoruba's should check their backyard well, this people destroying them are from their own region and no where else (Yoruba militant). u only operate in places u are conversant with.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 27, 2016
confederalim or nothing

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by fulanimafia: 8:35am On Jun 27, 2016
These hypocrites should just SHUT UP.

Their motives are clear to all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by YoruBanger: 8:35am On Jun 27, 2016
As far as I am concerned, any Yoruba person still supporting Buhari and carrying 'One Nigeria' on his/her head like gala is living in a fool's paradise coz 'One Nigeria' only thrives to subjugate, exploit, and ret.a.rd the progress of/weaken Yorubaland.

Our leaders were duped into an alliance that is being used to blackmail them into silence in the face of this affront amongst others. How many Yoruba lives must be snuffed out to evoke a strong response and condemnation from our leaders? 100? 400? 1000??

As much as I detest FFK and Fayose's politics, I will never subscribe to the conspiracy to gag/silence these two outspoken Yoruba sons, especially FFK, at a time like this when true Yoruba leaders ought to be vehemently condemning this recent assault, coz obviously the police and the army have proved incompetent and unwilling to protect Yorubaland. 'One Nigeria' is nothing but a scam!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by pepigeorge(m): 8:37am On Jun 27, 2016
cheesy grin grin sad
Awolowo died in jailed in the hands of the north after his cowardly betrayal, MkO the same.... yet they are still northern ass lickers...
Every other region knows SW is a scared cowardly sect hence they can go there kidnap and killl.... They won't fight back only talk skirm and beg

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by Edmanpumpin(m): 8:39am On Jun 27, 2016
Chibuzoc :
Remove the photo of ARG on this Post.
AFENIFERE is totally different from Tinubu sponsored Afenifere Renewal Group.

ARG is a Impostor group and not the same as Pa Abraham Adesanya AFENIFERE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by omooba969(m): 8:39am On Jun 27, 2016
O
Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by ochiora(f): 8:39am On Jun 27, 2016
Una neva 'chichonchin', ndi osu imi di ka unu..next pls..

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation by isaacputi(m): 8:40am On Jun 27, 2016
truthspeaks:
They meant to say their fulani masters had failed them.

Later you will saying nobody loves your tribe...with all this your comment, na wa Pipu like o

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Challenges Buhari To Name Weak APC Defectors / $9.6bn: Stop Sham Probe, Appoint Negotiator, P&ID Tells FG / APC Chairmanship: Senator Musa’s Posters Flood Imo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.