Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback (69065 Views)

Oil Workers Postpone Planned Strike / Photos: Bauchi State APC Youth Leader Leads The Anti-nlc Planned Strike,on Horse / Fuel Price Hike: Crack In Labour Camp Weakens Planned Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by CSTR6: 8:06pm On May 16, 2016
And the poor keep bearing the brunt of bad government decisions. Ironically, the most impoverished regions bearing the brunt of retarded government policies are the sai buhari strongholds and their sophisticated hordes.
Over 70% of the sai buhari hordes here are poor, broke with no possible future.
Don't you just love the Nigerian irony?
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by wxyz1: 8:08pm On May 16, 2016
APC E WARRIOR, WHERE IS THE MAJOR SET BACK IN THAT YOUR WRITE UP. WAIT TILL WEDNESDAY. CONFUSED APC LOOKING FOR ALL MEANS TO CONFUSE NIGERIANS.

2 Likes

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Phi001(m): 8:09pm On May 16, 2016
Rexyl:

you think the north can monopolize power? That was a thought in the past. All tribes are entitled to the office of president. It was previously Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw and presently Hausa. The next president can emerge from any part of the country.
You said all tribes yet no igbos. It's alright
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by HRich(m): 8:11pm On May 16, 2016
because is Buhari nobody wants to embark on Strike
God is watching you thieves
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by dadexcel: 8:12pm On May 16, 2016
360metrosports:

The proposed plan of Nigerian's labour unions to cripple economic activities starting Wednesday over a recent fuel hike, has suffered a major setback.

According to a report , there is confusion among the ranks of the unions. It's believed that its planned strike may be scuttled by its affiliates as well as civil society organisations in the country.

Some of the unions say they can't be coerced into the activity by the NLC and the TUC.

“Let it be known that Movement Against Corruption and Injustice (MACI) in all our state branches will not join state labour union to participate in the protest without official invitation to any meeting where strategies and line of action would be discussed," Bankole Solomon, a major stakeholder, said.

The Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA), which is an umbrella body for private-sector workers, as well as the National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE) have also said they would not participate in the strike.

In addition, the Abuja Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI), and other organizations are pilling pressure on the unions not to go ahead with the proposed strike.

NLC announced its decision to "Occupy Nigeria" after the federal government hiked the pump price of petrol to N145 per litre last week.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/nlcs-planned-strike-suffer-major-setback.html

............. . Why did I smell APC propaganda machinery in play here?... .. .
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by HRich(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2016
wxyz1:
APC E WARRIOR, WHERE IS THE MAJOR SET BACK IN THAT YOUR WRITE UP. WAIT TILL WEDNESDAY. CONFUSED APC LOOKING FOR ALL MEANS TO CONFUSE NIGERIANS.
And we refused to be confused by them

1 Like

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by francis2565(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2016
Abeg from 12.56kobo complain to 56naira haba even if they meant well must the common masses suffer for their inefficiency? The cabal again proving they are more intelligent than the A P C that promise 1$ = 1naira
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 16, 2016
madridguy:
I stand with Buhari.

Solidly behind him. Instead make dem dey discuss minimum wage. Olodo ppl. Price of fuel will come down later whether they like it or not
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 16, 2016
tuale4u:

What of PENGASSAN and nUPENG that have also rejected the strike?
They were the first people to reject the strike.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Anabel(f): 8:23pm On May 16, 2016
dahmie2013:
U ppl shud better let us move on. Afterall, we were buying d fuel 4 more dan 145 b4.

I tire o. I wonder where all of them dey when we dey buy am for 300 3 or 4 weeks ago? Strike ko, thunder ni

1 Like

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Almonda: 8:23pm On May 16, 2016
Whether anybody likes it or not. Check in all countries no proposed strike has ever been canceled indefinitely.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 16, 2016
It's politics. PDP members and supporters of the last administration want to go on protest against fuel price increase because the then opposition protested when GEJ increased pump price. Nobody is arguing from the economic and social standpoint. Ditto House of Reps; PDP members who supported the increase last time won't even allow the Minister of State to enunciate government position. Where is the regular Nigerian in all these?

1 Like

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Anabel(f): 8:27pm On May 16, 2016
HRich:
And we refused to be confused by them

The fact that you are replying now means you are already confused. If your precious PDP or any other party comes, you'll still complain. If God sends a rep to this country to lead, Nigerians will complain. Sit there and wait for your 1 minute wonder in an economy that has been ruined before you were born
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by lollmaolol(m): 8:28pm On May 16, 2016
fejicruz:
Nigerians are groaning under the weight of this government. This was not what we bargained for.
God exempt us from this economic Holocaust

Amen, correct niggi

1 Like

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Koolking(m): 8:31pm On May 16, 2016
mysterydude:
let them strike oo. abule egba to oshodi in Lagos did morn went as high as 400.

The strike will not help the issue at hand. Rather, it will worsen it. Come to think of it, Nigerian have been buying PMS N150 - 200/per litre since last year. Wondering why the official price ceiling @145 made most Nigerians go hay wire. Most of the commercial vehicle operators run on Diesel Engines and have no business hiking their fares. Dealers in Kerosine have equally hiked their prices. It shows you how despicable and fantastically corrode Nigerians are.

We like to whine and complain even when we don't have solutions to offer. Subsidy removal is a courageous step in the right direction on the part of the government. President Buhari (not APC) has good intentions. Minority Nigerians raped the majority of Nigerians far too long in this fuel subsidy game. I'll not die, it will get better. Real Change does not come over night. Nigeria had strayed deep in distress, it needs holistic approach to bring her back to glory. Patience is a virtue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 16, 2016
In any form of constitutional or unconstitutional government, let the fools contend ad let the unfortunate surrender, for what is best administered, is the best.
Prof. BOG Nwanolue.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 16, 2016
madridguy:
I stand with Buhari.

Mummy's boy
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by jenbost: 8:37pm On May 16, 2016
NLC and your allies, this is not business as usual.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by HRich(m): 8:38pm On May 16, 2016
Anabel:

The fact that you are replying now means you are already confused. If your precious PDP or any other party comes, you'll still complain. If God sends a rep to this country to lead, Nigerians will complain. Sit there and wait for your 1 minute wonder in an economy that has been ruined before you were born
OK, That's why your name is #Anabel

Meaning don't cry yet in my language grin
Anabel:

Meaning don't cry yet in my language
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 16, 2016
The heartless nomad dont give a damn.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by back2sender: 8:40pm On May 16, 2016
LesbianBoy:
God punish buhari and his supporters angry
I stand with buhari. Buhari is my God, who the thing pain should go and drink Sniper after all person sey aunty patience was his jesus christ. Wailers and children of hate food don ready.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by idupaul: 8:45pm On May 16, 2016
tuale4u:

What of PENGASSAN and nUPENG that have also rejected the strike?

Only NUPENG and Pengassan can make any strike effective in Nigeria
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Anabel(f): 8:46pm On May 16, 2016
HRich:

Meaning don't cry yet in my language grin OK, That's why your name is #Anabel

Meaning don't cry yet in my language

Makes me wonder what a usual name will sound like in your language.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by obstead200(m): 8:47pm On May 16, 2016
ckmayoca:
Am not wishing for stirke to reverse the issue but I wish for strike so I can rest small for house.
Whatever apc gives to us, it's everyone that will share out of it.
Even they like make them start to dey cut salary, I know God will always smile down on me by God's grace.
my sentiments exactly
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Leke001: 8:50pm On May 16, 2016
its so painful that in Nigeria even NLC,the only means the poor can let govt understand where our shoe pinches has also been politicised and brainwashed...they were in the same meeting where the price of pms was hiked;so why are we expecting any meaningful reaction or result oriented strike,if at all there would be one.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2016
ckmayoca:
Am not wishing for stirke to reverse the issue but I wish for strike so I can rest small for house.
Whatever apc gives to us, it's everyone that will share out of it.
Even they like make them start to dey cut salary, I know God will always smile down on me by God's grace.

Guy your head dey there, i don dey plan the way i go take use the whole wednesday take sleep, them won use work finish person, abeg make them even strike for just 2 days, it's enough for me, by friday i would be good as new and back to my fresh fine self.... angry sad undecided
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by poketoholo01(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]

Am not surprise! I experitit! Gutless fellas in d country.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by lozanni(m): 8:55pm On May 16, 2016
bigerboy200:
Some people from the land of the rising sun will not like this ohhhh.They wish to see Nigeria in chaos and confusion...But God pass them...

So the Easterners are anarchists, right ?

Let me help you get rid of your ignorance: The East was recently announced by the UN, no less, as the most most secure and peaceful part of Nigeria. How then did you arrive at the conclusion that the East wants chaos and confusion?
Anyway, I know am discussing with a toddler. Have you changed your diapers today? lolz.

1 Like

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by mranova(m): 8:59pm On May 16, 2016
Abeg we need to rest small for house na, make dem strike jusr for two days abeg.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by bashirulanre(m): 9:00pm On May 16, 2016
When will all this suffer go end. We have ourselves to blame for problems confronting us in this country
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by infinitty(m): 9:08pm On May 16, 2016
The price of everything in Nigeria has risen so much and there is no increase in workers salary or new created jobs. In Nigeria today 5pieces of tomatoes goes for 400naira and the government without pitty on the plight of the masses just carelessly increased the fuel price to all time high of 145naira, it shows the insensitivity of the government to the sufferings of the masses. The economy of Nigeria is currently in its worst form including insecurity and no electricity. All of these simply shows that the government is clueless and inexperienced about the way out of the increasing problems facing Nigeria today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bala Ciroma Replaces Magu As EFCC Boss - The Street Journal / Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Watching The Arrival Of Buhari On NTA (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.