Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,108 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Does God Exist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (6783 Views)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Solid Proof: God Exist And He Is Very Real. / Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by Nobody: 6:52am On May 17, 2016
Does God exist? Hell yes, God exist, since the bible is your embodiment of proof. But you wanna know something else?

Does spider man exist? Hell yes, He does, I have a comic book on spider man series and that's my proof he exists.
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 7:17am On May 17, 2016
Edybleketara:
I'm really enjoying ur article, i like facts. U have scientifically proven dat something cannot come out of nothing. So who is d almighty creator dat created d universe?
Thank you. You'll soon know of this Almighty Creator. For now, we still have enough proofs and facts to present for your perusal. You'll learn from Mathematics and Biology as well. So, watch out for more updates.
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 7:39am On May 17, 2016
ValentineMary:

Actually when.we talk of theory in science, we actually mean making deductions from. observations. We have observed d facts surrounding the theory. Yes we can get matter and anti matter from a vacuum. But we were not there at d origin of the universe, so we don't say it's d absolute ans but it's a likely ans.
Be sincere with your own self and accept what is proven and fact.

My own God told me to "PROVE ALL THINGS" and hold fast to that which is good, i.e, to what is true. So we say, "let us first of all prove that You (God) exist".

Valentine, it is this proofs that we're here for, proving God's existence with even that which you professed and placed your sealed of signature on.

More updates later.
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 8:01am On May 17, 2016
Decker:
The idea of the universe's infinite regress, is incomprehensible and mystifying for theists, and in their bid to deal with this perplexing revelation, they create the idea of God. But in doing that, they unintentionally transfer this same problem of an infinite regress to God, whose incomprehensible infinite existence, surprisingly, doesn't seem to be an issue for them, neither does it threaten their beliefs, which is really astonishing, I must say.

How come theists are rejecting the atheist's stand on the origin of the universe, just because they don't agree with the concept of the universe originating from nothing, yet, they are comfortable with the fact that they don't know the origin of God, who supposedly, began from nothing. This is absolute hypocrisy in my opinion.
I understand all of your points. Trust me, we're not being hypocritical. As we move on, you and I will see why we can never be a product of some blind and dumb luck or chance.

Stay tuned.
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 8:16am On May 17, 2016
aaronson:
Does God exist? Hell yes, God exist, since the bible is your embodiment of proof. But you wanna know something else?

Does spider man exist? Hell yes, He does, I have a comic book of spider man series I read and that's my proof he exist.
Haba, no naa. It means you've not even look at any of our proofs so far.

We're no longer doing it biblically. For now, the bible is kept aside. We're facing it squarely now scientifically, mathematically, biologically and what have you?

So, please take a look at our discussions so far.
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 8:22am On May 17, 2016
Oluwaseytiano:
Kudos to you op. Most theists should learn how to create reasonable thread.
Thanks
Re: Does God Exist? by ValentineMary(m): 11:58am On May 17, 2016
Splinz:

Be sincere with your own self and accept what is proven and fact.

My own God told me to "PROVE ALL THINGS" and hold fast to that which is good, i.e, to what is true. So we say, "let us first of all prove that You (God) exist".

Valentine, it is this proofs that we're here for, proving God's existence with even that which you professed and placed your sealed of signature on.

More updates later.
I have nothing more to prove to u. Because I told u something that u have never heard before or probably disputes God as a creator, u are telling me to be sincere with myself. lol. Read more science jourals.

Okay let's assume the big bang anf quantun fluctuation never happened, prove that God made the world or rather prove that ur God made the world.
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2016
The Second Law of Thermodynamics

The SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS is best summarized by saying that everything moves toward disorder—or a condition known as entropy. This bears some explanation and we will consider several examples.

Remember that evolutionists teach that everything is constantly evolving into a higher and more complex order. In other words, they believe things continue to get better and better instead of worse and worse.

If water being heated on a stove is at 150 degrees Fahrenheit, and the burner is turned off, the temperature will drop instead of rise. It will move toward colder rather than hotter. If a ball is placed on a hill, it will always roll downhill and not uphill. Energy used to perform any particular task changes from usable energy to unusable in the performing of that task. It will always go from a higher energy level to a lower energy level—where less and less energy is available for use.

When applied to the universe, the second law of thermodynamics indicates that the universe is winding down—moving toward disorder or entropy—not winding up or moving toward more perfect order and structure. In short, the entire universe is WINDING DOWN!
Even evolutionists admit that the theory of evolution and the second law of thermodynamics are completely incompatible with each other. Consider: “Regarding the second law of thermodynamics (universally accepted scientific law which states that all things left to themselves will tend to run down) or the law of entropy, it is observed, ‘It would hardly be possible to conceive of two more completely opposite principles than this principle of entropy increase and the principle of evolution. Each is precisely the converse of the other. As (Aldous) Huxley defined it, evolution involves a continual increase of order, of organization, of size, of complexity. It seems axiomatic that both cannot possibly be true. But there is no question whatever that the second law of thermodynamics is true’” (Morris, Henry M., The Twilight of Evolution, Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1967, p. 35).

Like a top or a yo-yo, the universe must have been “wound up.” Since the universe is constantly winding down, the second law of thermodynamics looms before us in the form of a great question: Who wound it up? The only plausible answer is God!

Okay, lets talk guys. Remember, no conclusions yet.
Re: Does God Exist? by Weah96: 2:32pm On May 17, 2016
HardMirror:

I have always said, I believe in God as a Nomenclature for whatever originated matter, energy and time.

So do I. Wake me up when he provides evidence of the greatest moment in human history which occurred the day that the source of the whole universe began to dictate his instruction book. In other words, the day that human beings established verbal communication with the source.
Re: Does God Exist? by Weah96: 2:58pm On May 17, 2016
Splinz:

I understand all of your points. Trust me, we're not being hypocritical. As we move on, you and I will see why we can never be a product of some blind and dumb luck or chance.

Stay tuned.

Don't mean to throw a spanner in the works, but it appears to me that the God you are trying to prove here using facts is the deist God.

Deists believe that we all have a deliberately intelligent source, and usually provide common sense reasons like what you're doing right now.

Abrahamics like yourself go one 419 step further than that, no offense. They actually claim that the deist God ignored the deists and decided to SPEAK with them! So when a Christian uses the word God, he's not talking about an unknown creator entity, but the well known one who not only commissioned the Bible but is even speaking TODAY.

As you prove your God, don't forget to also provide evidence for the conversation which led to the instruction manual called the Bible. Because outside of the Bible, we are left with the deist God who, like mother Nature, doesn't write textbooks for human beings.
Re: Does God Exist? by HardMirror(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2016
Weah96:

Don't mean to throw a spanner in the works, but it appears to me that the God you are trying to prove here using facts is the deist God.

Deists believe that we all have a deliberately intelligent source, and usually provide common sense reasons like what you're doing right now.

Abrahamics like yourself go one 419 step further than that, no offense. They actually claim that the deist God ignored the deists and decided to SPEAK with them! So when a Christian uses the word God, he's not talking about an unknown creator entity, but the well known one who not only commissioned the Bible but is even speaking TODAY.

As you prove your God, don't forget to also provide evidence for the conversation which led to the instruction manual called the Bible. Because outside of the Bible, we are left with the deist God who, like mother Nature, doesn't write textbooks for human beings.
I can raise more scientific Facts that The sun in our solar system is God more than evidences for the Abrahamic God.
So if after looking at all the benefits of the sun and how without it there can never be life on earth, how all planets in the solar system are products from the sun, how earth is controlled by the sun, even it's spinning and rotation, all these could make a simple mind believe the sun is God.
Then all of a sudden man realizes there is more to existence than the sun!
This is sun that can be proven!
This is a Sun that is FACT the origin of life on earth!
Yet we all know the sun is not God.
So how this guy will excite me with science in proving Abrahamic God that has no relation to life on earth, has zero impact on the galaxies, is what I am waiting for.
If we are to go by science the sun is our immediate god! And every star is god to the planets revolving around each of them. Anything else is an effort to fetch water with a basket.
Watch the op run out of stream very soon
Re: Does God Exist? by HardMirror(m): 3:47pm On May 17, 2016
aaronson:

Does spider man exist? Hell yes, He does, I have a comic book of spider man series I read and that's my proof he exist.

aaronson:

Exactly!
That is why even as an atheist I still tell people God exists. It's all about what you wish to call god. My immediate god is the sun. The source of all the energy we use on earth. Without this beautiful sun there won't be life on earth, so I can't exist without the sun.
The rage of the sun can wipe the earth out within seconds.
But I see no reason to pray to the sun, or praise it, or claim it talks to me.
To each his God, but at the end it won't count what you believe or not, nature will take it's natural path, life will NEVER end, Billions of Billions of years to come, stars would be born over and over again. Maybe another cycle of intelligent life form will rise from our galaxy. All we've got is now, savour it and live life to the fullest for soon we shall be no more and life after death would only mean your body being recycled for other uses nature needs it for.

Problem is religion does not want to let go of life, so we try to conjure a god that satisfies our selfish desires.

A god we can personalize
A god that hates those we hate
A god that fights for us
A god that gives life after death
A god that we can use to control others into abiding with certain moralities
A god of our own convenience
That is why God is unique to the culture of people who serve the god

This is why atheism is necessary, we are the necessary balance. We don't fight gods, we fight the selfish self-centeredness of religion, we fight the desire of religion to subjugate people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by taurus25(m): 5:14pm On May 17, 2016
Edybleketara:
I'm really enjoying ur article, i like facts. U have scientifically proven dat something cannot come out of nothing. So who is d almighty creator dat created d universe?
do you see how they argue now......use science against evolution and faith to defend their belief
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 5:31pm On May 17, 2016
Weah96:

First, which of these are you: Atheist, deist, theist, agnostic? Yes, evidence for the Bible? That, you shall have. But before then, we'll first of all finish this very subject we're dealing with at hand, to prove to atheists that indeed, God exist not just as a nomenclature but as a Supreme Being in whom emanate all lives.

But note, the Authority of the Bible will be another subject on its own that will required another thread.
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 5:35pm On May 17, 2016
This is why atheism is necessary, we are the necessary balance. We don't fight gods, we fight the selfish self-centeredness of religion, we fight the desire of religion to subjugate people.
HardMirror! I feel you bro. Anyways, lets ride on.....
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2016
The Great Proof of Creation

We have established that creation demands a Creator. The next few paragraphs introduce some amazing scientific proofs of creation.

The theory of evolution is shot full of inconsistencies. Evolutionists have seized on many theories, within the overall theory of evolution, in an attempt to explain the origins of plants, animals, the heavens and the earth.

Over and over, these “theorists” try to explain how life evolved from inanimate material into more complex life forms until it reached the pinnacle—human beings.

Yet, as one geologist wrote, “It must be significant that nearly all the evolutionary stories I learned as student…have been debunked” (Dr. Derek V. Ager, Dept. of Geology, Imperial College, London, The Nature of the Fossil Record, Proceedings of the Geological Assoc., Vol. 87, 1976, pp. 1132-1133).

Perhaps the biggest reason that so many theories within the overall theory of evolution collapse is because they contain terrible logic requiring great leaps in faith to believe. Here is one example of a “debunked” theory: “Many evolutionists have tried to argue that humans are 99% similar chemically to apes and blood precipitation tests do indicate that the chimpanzee is people’s closest relative. Yet regarding this we must observe the following: ‘Milk chemistry indicates that the donkey is man’s closest relative.’ ‘Cholesterol level tests indicate that the garter snake is man’s closest relative.’ ‘Tear enzyme chemistry indicates that the chicken is man’s closest relative.’ ‘On the basis of another type of blood chemistry test, the butter bean is man’s closest relative’” (Morris, Henry M., The Twilight of Evolution, Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1967).

Complexity of Life

Everyone has witnessed explosions. Have you ever seen one that was orderly? Or one that created a watch or a clock? Or one that produced a single thing of exquisite design—instead of the certain result of chaos and destruction? If you threw a million hand grenades, you would see them produce chaos and destruction a million times! There would never be an exception.

Consider the following quotes, involving the likelihood of an explosion creating the entire natural realm of life all around us on Earth—let alone the beautiful magnificence and order seen no matter how far one looks out into space.

Dr. B. G. Ranganathan said, “…the probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop” (Origins?, p. 15). And this only speaks to the likelihood of any life at all, rather than the most highly complex forms such as large animals or human beings—let alone all the different kinds of life that exist today.

Another scientist, Sir Fred Hoyle, an English astronomer and professor of Astronomy at Cambridge University, stated, “The chance that higher forms have emerged in this way is comparable with the chance that a tornado sweeping through a junk yard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein” (Nature, Vol. 294, Nov. 12, 1981, “Hoyle on Evolution,” p. 105).

Okay, it's time for break. Stay tuned!
Re: Does God Exist? by Weah96: 6:11pm On May 17, 2016
Splinz:

First, which of these are you: Atheist, deist, theist, agnostic? Yes, evidence for the Bible? That, you shall have. But before then, we'll first of all finish this very subject we're dealing with at hand, to prove to atheists that indeed, God exist not just as a nomenclature but as a Supreme Being in whom emanate all lives.

But note, the Authority of the Bible will be another subject on its own that will required another thread.

You don't need to prove that a Supreme Being is the source of the universe. No one is arguing with you. All beings don't look alike. Some may be subatomic particles, others may be photons. So when you say that a Supreme Being is the source of all life, you have really said very little at all. In fact that is exactly where science is at the moment. Stuck at a force behind the big bang, or a Supreme Being depending on how excited you feel.

The Supreme Being that you must prove here unfortunately is the famous Yahweh. You have to show us why the source of the universe is Yahweh or Jesus from the Bible.

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think that you understand the argument against your position. You could have saved yourself a lot of time with this write-up.
Re: Does God Exist? by Weah96: 6:31pm On May 17, 2016
Splinz:

We have established that creation demands a Creator. The next few paragraphs introduce some amazing scientific proofs of creation.

The theory of evolution is shot full of inconsistencies. Evolutionists have seized on many theories, within the overall theory of evolution, in an attempt to explain the origins of plants, animals, the heavens and the earth.

Over and over, these “theorists” try to explain how life evolved from inanimate material into more complex life forms until it reached the pinnacle—human beings.

Yet, as one geologist wrote, “It must be significant that nearly all the evolutionary stories I learned as student…have been debunked” (Dr. Derek V. Ager, Dept. of Geology, Imperial College, London, The Nature of the Fossil Record, Proceedings of the Geological Assoc., Vol. 87, 1976, pp. 1132-1133).

Perhaps the biggest reason that so many theories within the overall theory of evolution collapse is because they contain terrible logic requiring great leaps in faith to believe. Here is one example of a “debunked” theory: “Many evolutionists have tried to argue that humans are 99% similar chemically to apes and blood precipitation tests do indicate that the chimpanzee is people’s closest relative. Yet regarding this we must observe the following: ‘Milk chemistry indicates that the donkey is man’s closest relative.’ ‘Cholesterol level tests indicate that the garter snake is man’s closest relative.’ ‘Tear enzyme chemistry indicates that the chicken is man’s closest relative.’ ‘On the basis of another type of blood chemistry test, the butter bean is man’s closest relative’” (Morris, Henry M., The Twilight of Evolution, Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1967).

Complexity of Life

Everyone has witnessed explosions. Have you ever seen one that was orderly? Or one that created a watch or a clock? Or one that produced a single thing of exquisite design—instead of the certain result of chaos and destruction? If you threw a million hand grenades, you would see them produce chaos and destruction a million times! There would never be an exception.

Consider the following quotes, involving the likelihood of an explosion creating the entire natural realm of life all around us on Earth—let alone the beautiful magnificence and order seen no matter how far one looks out into space.

Dr. B. G. Ranganathan said, “…the probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop” (Origins?, p. 15). And this only speaks to the likelihood of any life at all, rather than the most highly complex forms such as large animals or human beings—let alone all the different kinds of life that exist today.

Another scientist, Sir Fred Hoyle, an English astronomer and professor of Astronomy at Cambridge University, stated, “The chance that higher forms have emerged in this way is comparable with the chance that a tornado sweeping through a junk yard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein” (Nature, Vol. 294, Nov. 12, 1981, “Hoyle on Evolution,” p. 105).

Go and read the argument against your position again. You are asserting something, which is that your God from the Bible is the source of the universe. Throughout this whole thread, you have yet to provide a shred of evidence.

All you've been doing is trying to show that the universe was deliberately conjured up by something that possesses intelligence. This thread is about why your god IS that something.

We know that we came from something, had a source bla blah blah. The source is intelligent maybe. Maybe not. That too is unimportant for this discussion. But I'm willing to concede that we come from an intelligent source. How does that prove or have anything to do with proving that your Bible god is the source in question?
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 6:41pm On May 17, 2016
Weah96:

You don't need to prove that a Supreme Being is the source of the universe. No one is arguing with you. All beings don't look alike. Some may be subatomic particles, others may be photons. So when you say that a Supreme Being is the source of all life, you have really said very little at all. In fact that is exactly where science is at the moment. Stuck at a force behind the big bang, or a Supreme Being depending on how excited you feel.

The Supreme Being that you must prove here unfortunately is the famous Yahweh. You have to show us why the source of the universe is Yahweh or Jesus from the Bible.

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think that you understand the argument against your position. You could have saved yourself a lot of time with this write-up.

I perceived you to be an insincere fellow. Please, you can excuse yourself if you can't counter my arguments factually. I've already told you why I created this thread, and I'll keep just to its aim. Concerning your other questions, I've also told you that we'll deal with it another way, but this very one first.

So what don't you understand? Or are you even reading what I've put up so far?
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 6:44pm On May 17, 2016
Weah96:

Go and read the argument against your position again. You are asserting something, which is that your God from the Bible is the source of the universe. Throughout this whole thread, you have yet to provide a shred of evidence.

All you've been doing is trying to show that the universe was deliberately conjured up by something that possesses intelligence. This thread is about why your god IS that something.

We know that we came from something, had a source bla blah blah. The source is intelligent maybe. Maybe not. That too is unimportant for this discussion. But I'm willing to concede that we come from an intelligent source. How does that prove or have anything to do with proving that your Bible god is the source in question?

Relax bro! Are we not on a journey? Have I tell you we've arrived? Chill man...
Re: Does God Exist? by ValentineMary(m): 6:45pm On May 17, 2016
Splinz:
The Second Law of Thermodynamics

The SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS is best summarized by saying that everything moves toward disorder—or a condition known as entropy. This bears some explanation and we will consider several examples.

Remember that evolutionists teach that everything is constantly evolving into a higher and more complex order. In other words, they believe things continue to get better and better instead of worse and worse.

If water being heated on a stove is at 150 degrees Fahrenheit, and the burner is turned off, the temperature will drop instead of rise. It will move toward colder rather than hotter. If a ball is placed on a hill, it will always roll downhill and not uphill. Energy used to perform any particular task changes from usable energy to unusable in the performing of that task. It will always go from a higher energy level to a lower energy level—where less and less energy is available for use.

When applied to the universe, the second law of thermodynamics indicates that the universe is winding down—moving toward disorder or entropy—not winding up or moving toward more perfect order and structure. In short, the entire universe is WINDING DOWN!
Even evolutionists admit that the theory of evolution and the second law of thermodynamics are completely incompatible with each other. Consider: “Regarding the second law of thermodynamics (universally accepted scientific law which states that all things left to themselves will tend to run down) or the law of entropy, it is observed, ‘It would hardly be possible to conceive of two more completely opposite principles than this principle of entropy increase and the principle of evolution. Each is precisely the converse of the other. As (Aldous) Huxley defined it, evolution involves a continual increase of order, of organization, of size, of complexity. It seems axiomatic that both cannot possibly be true. But there is no question whatever that the second law of thermodynamics is true’” (Morris, Henry M., The Twilight of Evolution, Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1967, p. 35).

Like a top or a yo-yo, the universe must have been “wound up.” Since the universe is constantly winding down, the second law of thermodynamics looms before us in the form of a great question: Who wound it up? The only plausible answer is God!

Okay, lets talk guys. Remember, no conclusions yet.
I promised I would not argue on evolution again. But biomolecules requires a harsh condition with high entropy to be formed. I ans a similar qus like this last week ob this forum and I don't think I have strength to type it again. But know that it's under a field of study called pre-biotic chemistry
Re: Does God Exist? by ValentineMary(m): 6:54pm On May 17, 2016
Splinz:

Complexity of Life

These arguments are laughable and very naive but as I said earlier, I would not argue evolution again on NL. But as a biochemist, I would tell u that d ape blood, donkey milk is no longer used as a basis to "debunk" evolution since the emergence of molecular biology we can accurately say that apes are our closest SURVIVING relatives on the evolutionary tree. But I would leave u to not believe in evolution
Re: Does God Exist? by Weah96: 6:58pm On May 17, 2016
Splinz:

Relax bro! Are we not on a journey? Have I tell you we've arrived? Chill man...

No, you're here to prove that your god exists not that God exists. God means the source of the universe, so of course it exists. Re-tards know that.

Go back to your first post, the bolded part, where the guy says that he can only prove that God exists. He didn't say Bible god.

All of this is evidence for a source. Bible verses don't belong in that discussion.

I'm trying to stop you from wasting your time. God exists as the source of the universe. The Bible god is like a murder suspect who has already run his mouth before his lawyer arrives to speak on his behalf. You are the lawyer and the Bible is the testimony your client made.
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 7:09pm On May 17, 2016
Weah96:

No, you're here to prove that your god exists not that God exists. God means the source of the universe, so of course it exists. Re-tards know that.

Go back to your first post, the bolded part, where the guy says that he can only prove that God exists. He didn't say Bible god.

All of this is evidence for a source. Bible verses don't belong in that discussion.

I'm trying to stop you from wasting your time. God exists as the source of the universe. The Bible god is like a murder suspect who has already run his mouth before his lawyer arrives to speak on his behalf. You are the lawyer and the Bible is the testimony your client made.
You sef...... I don tire for you. What I'v said, I've said. Shebi na Bible God you want proven? Cool down joor....
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 7:13pm On May 17, 2016
ValentineMary:

These arguments are laughable and very naive but as I said earlier, I would not argue evolution again on NL. But as a biochemist, I would tell u that d ape blood, donkey milk is no longer used as a basis to "debunk" evolution since the emergence of molecular biology we can accurately say that apes are our closest SURVIVING relatives on the evolutionary tree. But I would leave u to not believe in evolution
Val Val! Don't worry, we're still on our journey.
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2016
Incredible Cells and “Irreducible Complexity”

Consider the common mousetrap. Everyone is familiar with it and most have used one. Which part of a mousetrap could you remove and still have it work? The answer is—not one! As ingenious as it is, it is a very simple mechanism. But since the mousetrap cannot be made any simpler, it represents a condition called “irreducible complexity.” Certain living organisms also cannot be simplified or reduced in complexity, and survive. The removal of any single part causes the system to cease functioning. Irreducibly complex systems cannot be produced gradually, by slight successive modifications from a less complicated pre-condition. They must exist exactly as they are—whole, complete—or they cannot exist at all! Take away any part and they cease to function and, therefore, cease to live. What is the significance of this?

Charles Darwin, in his famous work, The Origin of Species, framed a great problem that he and all other evolutionists face: “If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down” (emphasis mine).

Nature contains many different biochemical systems that cannot be reduced in complexity. They are sometimes referred to as “molecular machines” and, like a four-stroke gasoline engine, cannot be simplified and still function.

Here is just one amazing quote about a single, incredible organism. It illustrates the principle we are discussing. You may need to read it two or three times to appreciate its impact. Its length is necessary to illustrate the complexity of just one molecular machine. The quote is from the article Molecular Machines by Michael J. Behe, and the emphasis is mine:

“Earlier we discussed proteins. In many biological structures proteins are simply components of larger molecular machines. Like the picture tube, wires, metal bolts and screws that comprise a television set, many proteins are part of structures that only function when virtually all of the components have been assembled. A good example of this is a cilium. Cilia are hairlike organelles on the surfaces of many animal and lower plant cells that serve to move fluid over the cell’s surface or to ‘row’ single cells through a fluid. In humans, for example, epithelial cells lining the respiratory tract each have about 200 cilia that beat in synchrony to sweep mucus towards the throat for elimination. A cilium consists of a membrane-coated bundle of fibers called an axoneme. An axoneme contains a ring of 9 double microtubules surrounding two central single microtubules. Each outer doublet consists of a ring of 13 filaments (subfiber A) fused to an assembly of 10 filaments (subfiber B). The filaments of the microtubules are composed of two proteins called alpha and beta tubulin. The 11 microtubules forming an axoneme are held together by three types of connectors: subfibers A are joined to the central microtubules by radial spokes; adjacent outer doublets are joined by linkers that consist of a highly elastic protein called nexin; and the central microtubules are joined by a connecting bridge. Finally, every subfiber A bears two arms, an inner arm and an outer arm, both containing the protein dynein.

“But how does a cilium work? Experiments have indicated that ciliary motion results from the chemically-powered ‘walking’ of the dynein arms on one microtubule up the neighboring subfiber B of a second microtubule so that the two microtubules slide past each other. However, the protein cross-links between microtubules in an intact cilium prevent neighboring microtubules from sliding past each other by more than a short distance. These cross-links…convert the dynein-induced sliding motion to a bending motion of the entire axoneme.

“Now let us sit back, review the workings of the cilium, and consider what it implies. Cilia are composed of at least a half dozen proteins: alpha-tubulin, beta-tubulin, dynein, nexin, spoke protein, and a central bridge protein. These combine to perform one task, ciliary motion, and all of these proteins must be present for the cilium to function. If the tubulins are absent, then there are no filaments to slide; if the dynein is missing, then the cilium remains rigid and motionless; if nexin or the other connecting proteins are missing, then the axoneme falls apart when the filaments slide.

“What we see in the cilium, then, is not just profound complexity, but also irreducible complexity on the molecular scale.” You see the point!

This was terribly complicated. In a way, that is the point! Organisms are all complicated—some wonderfully so. And yet they cannot be reduced, diminished or simplified in their complexity. They had to come into being exactly as they are, because they never could have arrived at their present condition gradually.

We should stand in awe of any God great enough to be able to design and create cilia!

Alright, later.
Re: Does God Exist? by Weah96: 8:25pm On May 17, 2016
Splinz:

You sef...... I don tire for you. What I'v said, I've said. [size=18pt]Shebi na Bible God you want proven?[/size] Cool down joor....

Do you have another God to prove? The Bible god to you is God the source, no be so again? So when you say God, in your head you mean the Bible god. Please, I don't mean to sound adversarial, it's just that I have to keep repeating the argument to different people. Tomorrow, some other Christian will tell me to look at a Rolex watch to see how the universe, like the watch, could not have appeared by chance. He will use that to say that God exists and probably quote biblical scriptures.
Re: Does God Exist? by Edybleketara: 8:49pm On May 17, 2016
Weah96:

Do you have another God to prove? The Bible god to you is God the source, no be so again? So when you say God, in your head you mean the Bible god. Please, I don't mean to sound adversarial, it's just that I have to keep repeating the argument to different people. Tomorrow, some other Christian will tell me to look at a Rolex watch to see how the universe, like the watch, could not have appeared by chance. He will use that to say that God exists and probably quote biblical scriptures.
Dont mind dem. But just allow d guy ride on, and lets see where he is going. I'm actually enjoying his intelligent write up.
Re: Does God Exist? by Splinz(m): 11:41pm On May 17, 2016
Edybleketara:
Dont mind dem. But just allow d guy ride on, and lets see where he is going. I'm actually enjoying his intelligent write up.
I salute your open-mindedness and sincerity at heart. I tell you, one of you is preferable to a thousand.

Please help me tell that brother that we're not fighting but engaging in "intellectual discourse". He's sounding so pained and frustrated!

Anyways, like they say, "The Truth Is Bitter".
Re: Does God Exist? by Weah96: 11:50pm On May 17, 2016
Splinz:

I salute your open-mindedness and sincerity at heart. I tell you, one of you is preferable to a thousand.

Please help me tell that brother that we're not fighting but engaging in "intellectual discourse". He's sounding so pained and frustrated!

Anyways, like they say, "The Truth Is Bitter".

[size=16pt]Irreducible Complexity =Jesus walked on water[/size]

Is that what you call truth?
Re: Does God Exist? by csamii: 12:25am On May 18, 2016
Weah96:

[size=16pt]Irreducible Complexity =Jesus walked on water[/size]

Is that what you call truth?

Chairman calm down. Mysterious things happen daily and these are things scientists and science disagrees with.

Splinz continue but know you haven't presented those facts and proofs so far.
Re: Does God Exist? by Weah96: 12:34am On May 18, 2016
csamii:

Chairman calm down. Mysterious things happen daily and these are things scientists and science disagrees with.

Splinz continue but know you haven't presented those facts and proofs so far.

Carry on. Although I know where this thread is headed. There is a leap coming soon.

Enjoy yourselves with irreducible complexity. I'm out.

@ OP: you can begin go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail / Today Is Christ The Universe King Sunday / Why Theists And Deists Can't Tell Us "God Wasn't Created"..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.