Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

10 Common Sense Reason Why I Won't Join The NLC Strike. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Common Sense Reason Why I Won't Join The NLC Strike. (1060 Views)

Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. / Fadeyi: Violence Breaks Out In Lagos Over NLC Strike (photo) / Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Common Sense Reason Why I Won't Join The NLC Strike. by Seyeah23(m): 10:06pm On May 16, 2016
Since the NLC and the TUC are planning to stage a protest/strike against the Fed govt for the removal of Fuel subsidy, here are my
TEN COMMON SENSE REASONS WHY I WILL NOT JOIN IN THE NLC/TUC STRIKE.
1. NLC/TUC are working for the selfish oil cabals who are bent on milking this country for ever.
2. NLC/TUC attended the meeting with the FG where the decision was taken to completely DEREGULATE the oil sector. They agreed to the plan. However, they were disappointed when at the end of the meeting no BRIBE MONEY (the usual Ghana must go bag) was given to them for their cooperation.
3. NLC/TUC want to use ordinary Nigerians to force the Federal Government to bribe them or get. Government appointments.
4. NLC/TUC operate companies that are deeply involved in haulage/transport and other businesses. How many times have they invited Nigerians to share profits? Since the NLC/TUC loves Nigerians so much, why don't they import fuel and sell to Nigerians at #40 per litre?
5. Why has the NLC/TUC never pooled resources or gotten a Loan to build refineries to help the Nigerian people?
6. Where was NLC/TUC when billions of workers PENSION fund was stolen, when subsidy money was stolen under ex president Jonathan's regime?, When Deziani ( former oil minister) was busy looting the oil money?
7. If the NLC/TUC are not a bunch of self seeking individuals, why is it that you only hear about them in situations like this? Why have they NEVER come up with a blueprint on how the Nigerian economy can be improved, or programmes or ideas that can benefit the Nigerian workers?
8. I will not join in the NLC/TUC strike or indeed any strike against DEREGULATION because I know deregulation will benefit Nigerians on the long run. It will bring INVESTORS to build refineries, it will end fuel scarcity and hoarding.
9. Deregulation will ultimately bring down the price of fuel (like in the telecoms sector) Deregulation will create millions of jobs in the oil sector and will steer the Nigerian economy in the right direction. Members of the NLC/TUC know these facts but their self seeking greed will not allow them.
10. Yes, there will definitely be hard times. But Tough times never last but tough people do. China, Singapore, Malaysia etc took some radical hard decisions several years ago. Today, they are better off. If we persevere a little more, stay off religious ethnic bias, shun unfriendly friends like the NLC/TUC, and remain optimistic, I know Nigeria will be great soon. (IF YOU LOVE THIS COUNTRY- THIS IS THE ONLY COUNTRY WE HAVE- LETS CIRCULATE THIS MESSAGE TO ONE MILLION NIGERIANS BEFORE WEDNESDAY. YOU MAY BE SAVING SOMEONE FROM A STRAY BULLET

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Sense Reason Why I Won't Join The NLC Strike. by ScofieldBello(m): 10:14pm On May 16, 2016
What did they do when a pregnant woman was kicked in her tummy by her employer?
So many questions...
...and so many reasons I won't be part of the planned strike!

Re: 10 Common Sense Reason Why I Won't Join The NLC Strike. by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 16, 2016
ScofieldBello:
What did they do when a pregnant woman was kicked in her tummy by her employer?
So many questions...
...and so many reasons I won't be part of the planned strike!
Ur on ur own
Re: 10 Common Sense Reason Why I Won't Join The NLC Strike. by ScofieldBello(m): 10:25pm On May 16, 2016
Have I said we were together? shocked
Of course, I am on my own.
Pejah:

Ur on ur own
Re: 10 Common Sense Reason Why I Won't Join The NLC Strike. by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 16, 2016
Seyeah23:

1. NLC/TUC are working for the selfish oil cabals who are bent on milking this country for ever.
Baseless allegation

Seyeah23:

2. NLC/TUC attended the meeting with the FG where the decision was taken to completely DEREGULATE the oil sector. They agreed to the plan. However, they were disappointed when at the end of the meeting no BRIBE MONEY (the usual Ghana must go bag) was given to them for their cooperation.
Baseless allegation. They were not consulted as part of d decision-making process, hence did not agree to any plan. The decision was only read out to them in d form of 'briefing' and they stormed out in anger.

Seyeah23:

3. NLC/TUC want to use ordinary Nigerians to force the Federal Government to bribe them or get. Government appointments.
Not fair Sir

Seyeah23:

4. NLC/TUC operate companies that are deeply involved in haulage/transport and other businesses. How many times have they invited Nigerians to share profits? Since the NLC/TUC loves Nigerians so much, why don't they import fuel and sell to Nigerians at #40 per litre?
Haba! It is not their duty to do all that. They're only a labor union

Seyeah23:

5. Why has the NLC/TUC never pooled resources or gotten a Loan to build refineries to help the Nigerian people?
Again, not their duty.

Seyeah23:

6. Where was NLC/TUC when billions of workers PENSION fund was stolen, when subsidy money was stolen under ex president Jonathan's regime?, When Deziani ( former oil minister) was busy looting the oil money?
U have a point here, esp in workers' pension money. Another is salaries of civil servants which are unjustly owed/stolen

Seyeah23:

7. If the NLC/TUC are not a bunch of self seeking individuals, why is it that you only hear about them in situations like this? Why have they NEVER come up with a blueprint on how the Nigerian economy can be improved, or programmes or ideas that can benefit the Nigerian workers?
Its not fair to describe them as a 'bunch of self-seeking individuals'. Blueprint on economic improvement is NOT their duty.

Seyeah23:

8. I will not join in the NLC/TUC strike or indeed any strike against DEREGULATION because I know deregulation will benefit Nigerians on the long run. It will bring INVESTORS to build refineries, it will end fuel scarcity and hoarding.

9. Deregulation will ultimately bring down the price of fuel (like in the telecoms sector) Deregulation will create millions of jobs in the oil sector and will steer the Nigerian economy in the right direction. Members of the NLC/TUC know these facts but their self seeking greed will not allow them.

10. Yes, there will definitely be hard times. But Tough times never last but tough people do. China, Singapore, Malaysia etc took some radical hard decisions several years ago. Today, they are better off. If we persevere a little more, stay off religious ethnic bias, shun unfriendly friends like the NLC/TUC, and remain optimistic, I know Nigeria will be great soon.
Agree with almost everything there except d unfair bashing. Deregulation is long overdue. We need to endure d hard times instead of seeking immediate gratification.
What is needed right now is good palliative measures for d common man instead of strike. And d FG has already rolled out plans with d N500bn social intervention fund. What remains is increment in minimum wage to at least 30k.

Even if d FG says 'ok fuel is now N86.50k', will it make d marketers suddenly get forex for importation? NO! Instead we'll still queue up to buy at N200-300/litre.
Forex account has been highly depleted. Simple!

The main issue is not even subsidy but lack of forex.

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Sense Reason Why I Won't Join The NLC Strike. by Histrings08(m): 10:33pm On May 16, 2016
Pfft... Ok

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Are Destroying What Is Left Of Our Economy. Let's Fix This. / Niger Delta Avengers, The Ecosystem And The Curse Of Crude Oil (pics) Attached. / See How Much A Litre Of Diesel Is Sold At Total Filling Station In Ibadan(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.