Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. (41987 Views)

FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan / Bill Gates' Buhari Economic Blueprint Statement: Ben Bruce, Reno Omokri React / Senator Isah Misau Criticizes Buhari's Government (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:00am On Jan 26, 2017
National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has urged the Federal Government to get Nigeria out of recession by urgently reviewing its monetary policies.

Tinubu spoke on Wednesday as a guest lecturer at the National Defence College Course 25, titled, “Strategic Leadership: My Political Experiences.”

He argued that Nigeria’s current inflation rate of 18 per cent was unbearable and that Nigerians were suffering for it.

He said, “In the situation we face, deficit spending is essential to bolster aggregate demand and direct funds to projects that build infrastructure and bolster employment. We must better harmonise monetary policy with fiscal policy. It undercuts our goals if monetary policy is unduly tight at a time when fiscal policy begets deficit spending.

“We must also realign trade policy with our need to create a meaningful industrial base and more potent agricultural sector. We can no longer allow cheap imports to preclude the development of industries and sectors strategic to our enduring economic future.

“What am I doing if I have a billion, and you are ready to give me 180 million, that is 18 per cent upfront, do I have to work or do anything again? These are the factors they have to look at quickly to ease the monetary policy.

“You have to stimulate this economy, you have to spend yourself out of this recession and you cannot do that by consistently stifling the banks of liquidity. It is their money; it is their saving. We have to criticise ourselves when it is necessary, speak truth to power.

“We are the power, we speak truth to ourselves. The monetary policy must be consistent with the environmental need of our domestic requirements, you cannot hold on too much or too tight to a policy.”

Tinubu added that the leadership of the APC was right to criticise the Federal Government, because “when it is necessary, speak truth to the power, we are the power, we will talk the truth to ourselves.”

“Our fiscal policy does not mesh with monetary policy. Trade policy undermines industrial policy, thus the ease of doing business is inhibited. Overseas peacekeeping missions do not always harmonise with core foreign policy interests. A nation in progress seeks to minimise, not harvest additional contradictions, otherwise its leadership strategy is doomed to fail.

“Strategic objectives during this period of economic uncertainty must be to re-engineer the economy bottom up, diversify the economic base, strengthen our industrial base, modernise infrastructure, enhance agriculture, and provide employment and of course, ease of doing business,” he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/26/tinubu-criticises-buharis-economic-policies-says-wont-ignore-truth/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by hucienda: 9:00am On Jan 26, 2017
Oh la la.

The only meaningful thing to know is whether this bitter, biting recession will continue for the next two years ... or six.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by temitemi1(m): 9:02am On Jan 26, 2017
get ur popcorn... show time cool

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by Ikem11(m): 9:02am On Jan 26, 2017
i saw it coming

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by Smellymouth: 9:03am On Jan 26, 2017
Thunder go blast all of una sha..

84 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by giantstrides(m): 9:04am On Jan 26, 2017
Norther governors holding a meeting with the NSA and Buratai
OBJ calling for an Igbo presidency
Tinubu criticizing the Government's policy
Buhari not available
Nationwide protest coming up

something really big is happening and everyone is scrambling for the pie

220 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:06am On Jan 26, 2017
temitemi1:
get ur popcorn... show time cool
I think grilled chicken with a chilled bottle of orijin will be sexy kiss kiss

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by HARDDON: 9:12am On Jan 26, 2017
U sold out d nation to a blood sucking demon, frustrated all noble efforts by Gej, organized a two months Occupy Nigeria to criple d nation, now all u can do is speak english?

U beta load occupy nigeria part 2 . This fg is a thousand times worse than d one u troubled.

D scale cant remain in ur eyes 4eva. N while @ it, tender an unreserved apology to nigerians n GEJ for d troubles u caused.

202 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 26, 2017
The truth must be spoken, but i disagree that the current nigeria inflation rate of 18% is unbearable. Check my signature for a recession proofed, licensed, regulated and audited investment opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by buharimustlive: 9:17am On Jan 26, 2017
TINUBU caused this mess, he should keep quiet...

Abeg who get flat screen TV for sale... 24-32inch....

42 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by LordAdam7: 9:56am On Jan 26, 2017
All these armchair economic gurus disgust me!

If he is talking about the lack of harmonization between the monetary policy and fiscal policy, he should tell us what the fiscal policy is aside the blanket "deficit spending" these thieves like bandying about.

The monetary policy is very clear and available in the press. What is the fiscal policy? If we had a fiscal policy, why are the people that are supposed to finance the deficit spending (International lenders) saying they've not received any framework?

How can you harmonize an existent monetary policy with a non-existent fiscal policy.

Tinubu is M.A.D. Very M.A.D.

He went there to exonerate Buhari and his protege Adeosun, while lambasting Emefiele's CBN.

St*pid tribalistic goat!

Let him lambast Adeosun for not releasing a fiscal policy more than 12 months after assuming her position, rather than lambast the CBN that comes together every quarter to conduct a thorough review of the country's monetary policy with the subsequent release of an MPR report.

The same CBN that has increased our reserve and steadied exchange rates across the board for weeks now, is the people he wants to use as scapegoats, while shielding his own people who are partners in the mess.

Bast*rd!

-Lord

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by DozieInc(m): 10:39am On Jan 26, 2017
It's official... The Jagaban of Bogu, Bola Asiwaju Tinubu.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by drss2(m): 10:42am On Jan 26, 2017
talking just to save face sad who knows tinubu d man is irrelevant. i only know fayose.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by GuyWise(m): 10:46am On Jan 26, 2017
giantstrides:
Buhari not available

Something big is really really happening

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by drss2(m): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2017
giantstrides:
Buhari not available

its a shame dat somebody like like tinubu have to wait for top security apparutus of d con3 to organize meetings with northern govs in d absence of his protege ( vice/acting president) before his eyes open.
tinubu is a forgoten commidity. totally irrelevant.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by Musampa73(m): 10:58am On Jan 26, 2017
Why is Tinubu now talking, is he sleeping before . Birds of the same feathers...

Wetin kuku concern me

27 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by lovat(m): 10:59am On Jan 26, 2017
There is something happening that we are not in the Know about

The northerners know that buhari can't continue this year.

Tinubu is now playing saint. ( Stupidity)

Obj is doing realigning. GOOD

ZOMBIES HAS SCATTERED INTO THE WIND

NOBODY IS STANDING WITH A DEAD BODY sorry Buhari

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by chriskosherbal(m): 11:01am On Jan 26, 2017
shocked
Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by EnEnPeecee: 11:21am On Jan 26, 2017
See opolo eye like rabbit

pls where is that useless manphrodite ngeneukwuenu A never do well she-male

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by Realali(f): 11:21am On Jan 26, 2017
Okay.
Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by ephi123(f): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2017
Too late. He's put the whole country in this mess already undecided

By the way, this one that Tinubu is having the confidence to speak out against the administration these past few days, hmmmm lipsrsealed I no talk anything oh

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by worlexy(m): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2017
Na before Opolo eye no be open eye, now opolo eye don open.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by Arsenalholic(m): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2017
Na now daybreak?

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by dunkem21(m): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2017
cheesy
I thought he is the only one to defeat GEJ cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by Mouthgag: 11:22am On Jan 26, 2017
Bubu was never a president material but was just the only option to oust the PDPigz

He has lost it completely, let him just resign for Osinbajo to take over.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2017
Tinubu and another mad masquerade dance.. Has he decided to resume his back stabbing again ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by Mredocha: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2017
Ok
JAGABAN...you may be right

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by TheFreeOne: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2017
Who listens to such greedy fool

He partly brought this disaster of a government upon us and he wanted to now claim patriotism.

Nonsensical nonsense.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by melvinjames: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2017
E don happen.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. by nonxo007(m): 11:23am On Jan 26, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki: Tribunal Admits 3 Exhibits & PA Testifies Against Him In Court / Excited Residents Share Free Goat Meat To Celebrate Buhari's Return. Photos / Man Asks Google Which Country Is Called Zoo - Watch To See Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.