Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. (14993 Views)

We Have Not Paid Our Secretariat Staff For Over 3 Years- PDP National Secretary / 16 Years PDP Misrule? See 30 Top Ex-pdp Members Who Are Now Key Members Of APC / Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Teejay2090(m): 8:31am On May 17, 2016
FagsamPHP:
Buhari is a Dullard!!!!!;!

You are very stupid. Your brain should be xlexamined thoroughly. What has ur response to do with the issue at hand? If you have a personal faceoff with Buhati, go to Daura village and settle it there with him. Font come here and spread virus to us, idiot!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by hmuhammad(m): 8:34am On May 17, 2016
semiga:
Party built on propaganda. Continue the lies, that's what they enjoy
did you read the post at all?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Fawie(m): 8:34am On May 17, 2016
FlyoruB:
And how much did Nigeria lose to the official PDP-supervised looting spree during the last election alone (at least the masses enjoy small out of the subsidy, how much of the looted funds trickled down to them?)? Not to talk of the 16-years the party held sway. Hypocrites. cheesy
everybody blackmailed our fomer president now, so whats the issue
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Charly68: 8:36am On May 17, 2016
Akshow:
So Buhari is the pdp senators that confirm that Nigeria loss trillions on subsidy abi?
You know some people are brainless on their comments on this page. They have nothing positive to add rather they come attacking the personality of an ignorant man..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by allthingsgood: 8:36am On May 17, 2016
This Leo Ogor must be very silly. Is like we have dumb goats for law makers. Was there any apc in 2012?? Last I checked, wasnt the refusal spearheaded by NLC? The same NLC thats still fighting it till date

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by omenka(m): 8:38am On May 17, 2016
FlyoruB:
And how much did Nigeria lose to the official PDP-supervised looting spree during the last election alone (at least the masses enjoy small out of the subsidy, how much of the looted funds trickled down to them?)? Not to talk of the 16-years the party held sway. Hypocrites. cheesy
In the last Four Years they said. These men simply called Jonathan a Criminal!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by kunta2simple: 8:40am On May 17, 2016
TrutforAfrica:
When Jonathan pulled back from fuel subsidy removal in 2012, I told my friend that Jonathan would make a very bad president.
So instead of the PDP guys to ask for apology for him, they should instead hang their heads in shame and apologise to Nigerians for producing him as president.

Good leaders don't listen to what the people say. They rule according to their own vision of what is right. They refuse to be arm twisted or cajoled, because they realise that, in the end, the buck stops at their desk .

In Baronness Margaret Thatchers first year in office, as British Prime Minister, she carried out reforms which forced civil servants to call a general strike that lasted for six full months. That strike did not make her change her mind. The people called her all sorts of names, but she didn't give in. Her reforms changed Britain for good and they are enjoying the fruits of those reforms today.

That is effective leadership.
Nigeria needs someone tougher than Margaret thatcher.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by FagsamPHP(m): 8:50am On May 17, 2016
Teejay2090:

You are very stupid. Your brain should be xlexamined thoroughly. What has ur response to do with the issue at hand? If you have a personal faceoff with Buhati, go to Daura village and settle it there with him. Font come here and spread virus to us, idiot!

Buhari is a Cow!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by FagsamPHP(m): 8:51am On May 17, 2016
Marley01:
If u are wiser than he is, try becoming the President. Sluggard!

that doesn't change the fact that BUHARI IS A DULLARD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Teejay2090(m): 8:53am On May 17, 2016
Walexsammy:
you talk asif we're a producing state....Ur ideology will work perfectly in countries like China, but here in nigeria once extraction of oil is goin on, my brother the government don't care about any other thiing
FagsamPHP:

You are absolutely right. Thats the reality many Nigerians dont want to accept. They sit inside their rooms, and assume a lot of things. And when time for contribution comes, silly things are spread accross. Enough of this ignoramusis.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Marley01(m): 8:55am On May 17, 2016
FagsamPHP:

that doesn't change the fact that BUHARI IS A DULLARD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay sir! In the country of the blind, only a one eyed man can be king.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Marley01(m): 8:57am On May 17, 2016
kunta2simple:

Nigeria needs someone tougher than Margaret thatcher.
Mommy Maggie no fit handle Naija o. We need people like Adolf Hitler and Napoleon together

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by obatala15(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2016
Walexsammy:
you talk asif we're a producing state....Ur ideology will work perfectly in countries like China, but here in nigeria once extraction of oil is goin on, my brother the government don't care about any other thiing
Well the little I know is the fact that Nigeria imports a lot of stuffs including PMS, now imagine we're unable to export and import for 3days, it simply means no revenue for the government, we're at loss.
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by excel101(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2016
Marley01:

If u are wiser than he is, try becoming the President. Sluggard!
Respond to the issues on ground and leave the man alone. He has said his own, but you're just reacting to what he said rather then the topic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by dunkem21(m): 9:06am On May 17, 2016
Everybody knows that GEJ is a hero grin

Somebody tell me how much we have lost to militancy already @ N1.5b daily

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by tuniski: 9:08am On May 17, 2016
Ijaya123:
These guys are clowns. So APC should apologise? Was APC in existence in 2012?
Get some sense apc means the opposition then which ultimately transformed into today's apc! They were and are the enemies of nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Fadahunsi(m): 9:08am On May 17, 2016
.....and how much has the country lost to the National Assembly?? Cos I can say for a fact that we are really wasting money on those good for nothing senators and lawmakers

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Pavarottii(m): 9:10am On May 17, 2016
TrutforAfrica:
When Jonathan pulled back from fuel subsidy removal in 2012, I told my friend that Jonathan would make a very bad president.
So instead of the PDP guys to ask for apology for him, they should instead hang their heads in shame and apologise to Nigerians for producing him as president.

Good leaders don't listen to what the people say. They rule according to their own vision of what is right. They refuse to be arm twisted or cajoled, because they realise that, in the end, the buck stops at their desk .

In Baronness Margaret Thatchers first year in office, as British Prime Minister, she carried out reforms which forced civil servants to call a general strike that lasted for six full months. That strike did not make her change her mind. The people called her all sorts of names, but she didn't give in. Her reforms changed Britain for good and they are enjoying the fruits of those reforms today.

This just shows u know nothing about leadership and wat really happened during the "occupy Nigeria" in 2012.

Go back to bed.
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Nobody: 9:29am On May 17, 2016
Is it these same jokers that prosecuted a false enquiry that are making noise?

Do they think we have forgotten Farouk lawan?

70% of that 9 trillion was bogus claims and no one was prosecuted. Viva LE IB
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by lordizak(m): 9:52am On May 17, 2016
[quote author=semiga post=45694006]Party built on propaganda. Continue the lies, that's what they enjoy [/quote
Subsidy means gov't is paying for the rich to do business.
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by popsonbj: 9:55am On May 17, 2016
ezebunafo:
The Peoples Democratic Party federal lawmakers caucus on Monday disclosed that Nigeria lost nothing less than N9 trillion to fuel subsidy between 2012 and 2016.

This is even as the caucus‎ set up a 12-man committee to unite the party ahead of its National Convention this Saturday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

The PDP federal lawmakers disclosed this after a closed-door meeting which was held at the House of Representatives wing of the National Assembly.

Addressing newsmen after the over one and half hours closed-door session, the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, Leo Ogor, said the All Progressives Congress needed to apologise to former President Goodluck Jonathan for not allowing him to remove subsidy in 2012.

Ogor, who described the former President as a hero, said Jonathan had good intentions for the country by his move to remove fuel subsidy in 2012.

According to him, Nigeria lost nothing less than N9 trillion to fuel subsidy.

He said it was to cut such loss that Jonathan wanted to remove the subsidy on petrol but was blackmailed.

Speaking on the crisis in the PDP ahead of the convention, the Senate Minority Leader, Godwill Akpabio, disclosed that the 12-man reconciliation committee has been mandated to, within the next 48 hours, bring all the warring groups within the party together before the convention.

Akpabio said: “We had a peaceful meeting here.

“Certain decisions were taken and as the the Minority Leader has told you, we took a lot of key decisions and one of the things we decided on is that we cannot go into a National Convention that is rancorous.

“And so we have set up a 12-man committee to meet with the various factions and interest groups in our party within the next 48 hours to iron out all the grey areas.

“We are meeting with our governors tonight.

“We will meet with the Board of Trustees and other stakeholders under the auspices of Concerned PDP Stakeholder.

“I believe strongly that in the next 48 hours, the entire PDP family will be united and by Thursday/Friday, we will be headed to Port Harcourt with songs of joy, with bands and you will be impressed that, indeed, the party is back on track.

“As as far as the National Assembly is concerned, the Senate and the House of Representatives are one and we were able to arrive at amicable solutions as far as reconciling the party.”

Nigeria lost N9t to fuel subsidy in four years - PDP Senators, Reps -

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/nigeria-lost-n9t-to-fuel-subsidy-in-four-years-pdp-senators-reps/

GEJ deserves no apology!
In fact he should apologize to Nigerians and
be held responsible for this loss.
He allowed oppositions to intimidate him and he succumbed
to their intimidation. This tells much about the kind of leader
he was. If GEJ knew that at that time, the best decision for Nigeria
was the removal the subsidy and did not do so because of cry of
oppositions,that means he was a weakling and irresponsible leader!
He lacked the necessary POLITICAL and MORAL WILL to remove the subsidy because
most members of the cabal in oil industry that are holding this nation to
ransom are members of his party.
In the words of an Italian statesman, Machiavelli, if a leader is VERY sure
and certain that a policy at a particular point in time is the best for the state
even in the face of oppositions and outcry, such a leader should
go ahead and implement the policy, because at the end,
THE ENDS WILL JUSTIFY THE MEANS.
Let PDP caucus go and sleep they have failed this nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by JESUSMYLOVE(m): 9:57am On May 17, 2016
JONA MY HERO HAD A BETTER PLAN PLANS FOR THIS GREAT NATION BUT THE ZOMBIES WERE BLINDFOLDED BY THE APC LIES cool
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by TrutforAfrica: 10:01am On May 17, 2016
obatala15:

Do you know what it means for NLC and other civil societies to lock down Nigeria for 3days? Jonathan's administration could be corrupt but no government will endure a general lock down on its economy for 3days and not shelve their policies.

I know precisely. What we are suffering today are the untold consequencies of the actions and inactions of previous administrations. If we fail to do the right things now, we will continue to go round and round in circles. "The risk of inaction is greater than the risk of action".

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Fmartin(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2016
FagsamPHP:
chronic wailer.....grin
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Elxandre(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2016
TrutforAfrica:

That wouldn't happen in this 21st century friend. (except in a military regime)

Let's be truthful.
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by aloaye11: 10:02am On May 17, 2016
I think d best solution is not the removal of subsidy,since we have depots why not the govt leave subsidy n then put a close monitor on the importation, any anyone found wanting or cut ripping of the govt fraudulently should be prosecuted
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Elxandre(m): 10:10am On May 17, 2016
TrutforAfrica:

I know precisely. What we are suffering today are the untold consequencies of the actions and inactions of previous administrations. If we fail to do the right things now, we will continue to go round and round in circles. "The risk of inaction is greater than the risk of action".
You said Thatcher insisted on her policies despite a 6 months civil servant strike, but that is different to 90% of your citizens insulting/revolting against you, and a total shutdown of the economy, Banks, companies, industries...
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Walexsammy(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2016
obatala15:

Well the little I know is the fact that Nigeria imports a lot of stuffs including PMS, now imagine we're unable to export and import for 3days, it simply means no revenue for the government, we're at loss.
yeah I agree with u, buh bro this is nigeria, importation and exportation will continue, strike is for the poor
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by topsam1(m): 10:14am On May 17, 2016
FlyoruB:

The subsidy funds were shared on the round table by few people few months after, i swear if it was allowed to continue beyond that, chaiii, nothing go remain for nija again....looking forward to how the fund would be used this time around
Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by salam1(m): 10:24am On May 17, 2016
anwe:

Jonathan the hero of our time.
Buhari struggling to implement your plans in all spheres of governance. Even the much talked about corruption we are yet to see institutionised framework for fighting corruption
what stops him from implementing d policies, y wait for another person to take d credit for implementing it. policy without implementation is a BIG waste of tym and money

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Nellybii: 10:27am On May 17, 2016
TrutforAfrica:

You know what?
God bless you for this post. I have copied and I will send to all my contacts. I learnt something new today. THANKS SO MUCH.
Now to the topic. Only a leader like PMB can rule a fantastically corrupt and ethnically polarized country like Nigeria. A stubborn and focused leader. Any policy you bring will be resisted no matter how good. So ignore them. That is why am happy and confident that we can only get better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. by Icekyng: 10:38am On May 17, 2016
realjoker:
Finally our main opposition party have over come the trauma of the election lost.
This is how to play opposition in a sane way, I now believe that PDP can find back their voice, unlike our wailing brothers here who are yet to recover from the shock of the recent election lost who wail profusely on every policy of the government and the unpatriotic ones among them wish the country arm just to prove to others that they made a wrong decision voting their preferred candidate.
hmmm constructive..
u hit d nail on d head..nice 1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Dakuku Laughs Over Wike’s Panel Of Inquiry / Nigeria Customs Service Promotes 5 Deputy Comptrollers-general’s And 8 Assistant / Mu’azu Meets Osinbajo, Keeps Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.