Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,574 members, 7,955,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

-------------------- - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / -------------------- (3060 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport To Be Closed, Says Minister / Closed / closed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

-------------------- by DivineKid: 2:20pm On May 17, 2016
THE THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED.
Re: -------------------- by DareFadi(f): 2:33pm On May 17, 2016
Are you sure you are ready to go to school, this one you want everything handed to you
What you have left to pay is small , better go and hustle for a job or beg relatives or do something .
Sorry to sound harsh but i cannot believe you are asking for Servis, visa and even """needing to shop for important personal items in preparation for life

THINGS ARE NOT FREE AND SO EASY IN LIFE

4 Likes

Re: -------------------- by DivineKid: 3:14pm On May 17, 2016
DareFadi:
Are you sure you are ready to go to school, this one you want everything handed to you
What you have left to pay is small , better go and hustle for a job or beg relatives or do something .
Sorry to sound harsh but i cannot believe you are asking for Servis, visa and even """needing to shop for important personal items in preparation for life

THINGS ARE NOT FREE AND SO EASY IN LIFE

Thank you very much sir for your input. I didn't mean to sound nonchalant or lavish when I said I needed to shop for important personal items for preparation for life in the US. Not at all. But it's true that I'd need to get lots of stuff for myself, but like I said that not important for now. The visa and SEVIS fees are more important for now and it's not a small money to me. It's almost $400 which translates to about N120,000 in Naira. it's not a meagre amount sir. For what it's worth, I'm from a very poor family. This scholarship was a miracle. I know how much I hustled for it with very little help from people.

Normally, me nor my family can't afford to even send me to a Nigerian university talk less of America. This scholarship is as result of sheer hardwork and favor of God. I know how much I worked for it. Although I spent quite a lot of money during my application and the exams I wrote (that is the SAT), it's not upto half of what this visa and SEVIS is requesting. It's not a small money sir and I need it urgently to schedule my visa interview.

I'd be reimbursed for the expenses later on, so even if it's loan I get I can be sure to pay back.

It's not a spoilt rich kid asking for help. It's a needy person.
$400 is beyond my reach.
Re: -------------------- by DivineKid: 3:23pm On May 17, 2016
Lalasticlala pls can you make my voice heard pls.

Are there any organisations that gives students loans? I need one now!
Re: -------------------- by Solitin40: 3:36pm On May 17, 2016
truly if this is real provide evidence so as to help
pictures of letters name of d school who offer u d scholarship

1 Like

Re: -------------------- by DivineKid: 4:50pm On May 17, 2016
Solitin40:
truly if this is real provide evidence so as to help

pictures of letters
name of d school
who offer u d scholarship

Thank you so much sir for your interest in my case. I'm definitely for real, however, I'm a bit wary of uploading my personal documents here. I have sent you a pm. Please reply to the pm and I'll provide you with all the documents to validate my claims.
Thanks again for your interest. I'd be very happy to send as many evidence to proof that I'm for real.
Re: -------------------- by TheDreamChaser: 5:17pm On May 17, 2016
Congrats on your scholarship.

Explain your situation to your pastor or Imam. I'm sure the church or mosque will be willing to help out. I doubt you will get much from here.

All the best man!

3 Likes

Re: -------------------- by DivineKid: 5:30pm On May 17, 2016
TheDreamChaser:
Congrats on your scholarship.

Explain your situation to your pastor or Imam. I'm sure the church or mosque will be willing to help out. I doubt you will get much from here.

All the best man!
That is the problem. I'm sorry to say, but the church has dissapointed me big time. I attend one of the mega rich churches in the country (I don't want to mention their name).
The branch in my area stinks with money — the church building, the exotic cars packed in the compound, etc. But can you believe that when I was applying for the scholarship, I needed just 15k to process something in order to beat a deadline. I met our pastor, met the welfare board, yet nobody could give me common 15k. What more now that even more is needed. I don't put my hopes in the church anymore.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. I hope rescue comes to me anytime soon.
Re: -------------------- by DareFadi(f): 10:31am On May 18, 2016
You have a sharp response for every question........OK na . I still think you believe life is a full handout
send me a private mail showing evidence of this scholarship and i will see what i can do
Name of school
Evidence of full scholarship and all
Dont know if i can put my email here

1 Like

Re: -------------------- by NanaF: 1:46pm On May 18, 2016
Your Visa fee is N31,520.00

At $200, I'm not sure how the Sevis Fee payment is made. But using card rate, thats almost N60,000.

Total is about N90,000.00
Re: -------------------- by DivineKid: 3:28pm On May 18, 2016
NanaF:
Your Visa fee is N31,520.00

At $200, I'm not sure how the Sevis Fee payment is made. But using card rate, thats almost N60,000.

Total is about N90,000.00

I've not applied for visa before. Visa fee according to what I gathered from the net is $160. $160 at N300 per $ is N48,000. And the Dollar costs more than N300 these days. What's important to me now is finding solutions on how to settle the fees irrespective of how much the Dollar costs. I'd even be happy if it cost less.
Re: -------------------- by DivineKid: 3:32pm On May 18, 2016
DareFadi:
You have a sharp response for every question........OK na . I still think you believe life is a full handout
send me a private mail showing evidence of this scholarship and i will see what i can do
Name of school
Evidence of full scholarship and all
Dont know if i can put my email here
OK sir. I'll do well to send you a private message.
Re: -------------------- by NanaF: 5:05pm On May 18, 2016
DivineKid:

I've not applied for visa before. Visa fee according to what I gathered from the net is $160. $160 at N300 per $ is N48,000. And the Dollar costs more than N300 these days. What's important to me now is finding solutions on how to settle the fees irrespective of how much the Dollar costs. I'd even be happy if it cost less.

It's 31,520. You pay in Naira at the rate posted on the ustraveldocs site which is 197, not black market rate.

It's not just about getting the money.

Please read up well on here, transcripts and all, so you're well prepared and to increase your chances of getting the visa.

Send me your details also. All the best.

1 Like

Re: -------------------- by DivineKid: 5:34pm On May 18, 2016
NanaF:

It's 31,250. You pay in Naira at the rate posted on the ustraveldocs site which is 197, not black market rate.

It's not just about getting the money.

Please read up well on here, transcripts and all, so you're well prepared and to increase your chances of getting the visa.

Send me your details also. All the best.

Alright. Thanks so much for the heads-up.
Re: -------------------- by justwise(m): 9:10pm On May 18, 2016
DivineKid:

Thank you so much sir for your interest in my case. I'm definitely for real, however, I'm a bit wary of uploading my personal documents here. I have sent you a pm. Please reply to the pm and I'll provide you with all the documents to validate my claims.
Thanks again for your interest. I'd be very happy to send as many evidence to proof that I'm for real.

Yes you can post it here, blank your first or last name, DOB and physical address then post the scholarship letter here.

Do this quickly if you really want to proof that this is not another scam.

8 Likes

Re: -------------------- by Lexusgs430: 12:07am On May 19, 2016
MissMercedes, another food don land on top cooker o. Come help us add salt, tomato and pepper!!!!
Re: -------------------- by sobastical: 12:34am On May 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:
MissMercedes, another food don land on top cooker o. Come help us add salt, tomato and pepper!!!!

Hehe, is she the inspector on this forum?
Re: -------------------- by Lexusgs430: 12:39am On May 19, 2016
sobastical:

She is a forecaster. LOL
Re: -------------------- by Nobody: 5:53am On May 19, 2016
sobastical:

I tire o
Re: -------------------- by Nobody: 5:58am On May 19, 2016
DivineKid:
Hello, beautiful people! I'll keep this short. Pls read and proffer solutions to me.

I was privileged to win an undergraduate scholarship to study in the USA. The scholarship package is really wonderful as it's a full all-expenses paid scholarship — from tuition, to books, to feeding and to accommodation.
I'm really thankful to God for this wonderful opportunity to study free of charge in the USA. It's a dream come true for me.

[s]My problem now is that, I'll be needing money to process a lot of things. The immediate and most important ones for now is the Visa fee which is around $160 plus SEVIS fee which is $200, summing up to $360 (almost $400). As for the flight ticket, the scholarship covers that so I don't have to worry. I would really be needing a lot of money for now. Although according to the terms of the scholarship, I'd be reimbursed for some expenses as soon as I get to the US. I'd also be needing to shop for important personal items in preparation for life in the U.S. but that's not the important thing for now. I just need to pay my visa fee and SEVIS fee for now. It's really not easy for me at the moment, but I believe I'll scale through.

I'm calling on my fellow Nigerians to assist me at this point with whatever advice or help in any kind you can. How can I raise this money?

I don't know of the propriety of soliciting for funds from a public forum like this. But I know there are quite a handful of us here whose advice and suggestions can go a long way to seeing me out of this ''predicament''.
Where should I go to? Who should I meet? I just need to raise this money for the above aforementioned purposes, especially the visa fee and SEVIS fee.
Help![/s]

Thanks in anticipation of your valuable entries.

Yeah right. Next!
Re: -------------------- by Nobody: 6:01am On May 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Please don't call me o. You derive pleasure in helping people, like you helped that scammer that claimed he needed money for registration, and after you gave him money, we didn't see his brake light again. Help this one too.
Re: -------------------- by DivineKid: 6:51am On May 19, 2016
MissMercedes:

Please don't call me o. You derive pleasure in helping people, like you helped that scammer that claimed he needed money for registration, and after you gave him money, we didn't see his brake light again. Help this one too.
Well, ma'am, I see that you're doing a great job at busting scammers on this forum. I commend you. However, I can assure you that I'm not here to scam anyone.

Maybe I'll do just as someone above suggested — blur out my personal info and upload them here. Or better still, send you the unedited copies of proof of the scholarship and admission so that you'll come here to update the thread about your findings.
Re: -------------------- by DivineKid: 7:07am On May 19, 2016
Also, anyone who happens to proffer help first should also come to update the thread so that I don't end up receiving from different people for the same purpose.
Re: -------------------- by Lexusgs430: 7:22am On May 19, 2016
MissMercedes:

Let's go 50/50 on this one, Madam. Deal?
Unfortunately it's people like him, that spoil it for others. And how are we sure it's not even him again? This person too nah newbie
NB: You know say $ don scarce
Still awaiting our Solara/GT86/BRZ deal
Re: -------------------- by Nobody: 7:26am On May 19, 2016
DivineKid:

[s]Well, ma'am, I see that you're doing a great job at busting scammers on this forum. I commend you. However, I can assure you that I'm not here to scam anyone.

Maybe I'll do just as someone above suggested — blur out my personal info and upload them here. Or better still, send you the unedited copies of proof of the scholarship and admission so that you'll come here to update the thread about your findings[/s].
Re: -------------------- by Nobody: 7:38am On May 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Let's go 50/50 on this one, Madam. Deal?
Unfortunately it's people like him, that spoil it for others. And how are we sure it's not even him again? This person too nah newbie
NB: You know say $ don scarce
Still awaiting our Solara/GT86/BRZ deal

That's the difference between the two of us... I don't easily fall for cheap scams.

As for the Solara, chill. Cos e be like say I'm cosidering Camry Muscle SE... No, Nissan Altima... No, Nissan Xterra. I'm honestly having a HARD time making up my mind.
Re: -------------------- by DivineKid: 8:14am On May 19, 2016
MissMercedes you keep calling me scam and yet refuse to verify by yourself whether I'm legit or not. Well, I don't know what to say to you. But please do me a favour and stop obstructing the way of well meaning others who may want to help.
Re: -------------------- by Nobody: 8:25am On May 19, 2016
DivineKid:
MissMercedes you keep calling me scam and yet refuse to verify by yourself whether I'm legit or not. Well, I don't know what to say to you. But please do me a favour and stop obstructing the way of well meaning others who may want to help.

You mean, who you want to scam.

When you PROVE that you're not a con artist, THEN I'll sincerely apologize and even assist you. Till then, I call BULLSH*T!

1 Like

Re: -------------------- by NanaF: 8:32am On May 19, 2016
MissMercedes:

You mean, who you want to scam.

When you PROVE that you're not a con artist, THEN I'll sincerely apologize and even assist you. Till then, I call BULLSH*T!

DivineKid, I think as justwise advised, you post your details on here and blur out either your first or last name.
Re: -------------------- by Lexusgs430: 9:16am On May 19, 2016
And we all know a fake letter can be computer generated. We would also be confirming authenticity, for those willing to help!!!!!
Re: -------------------- by DareFadi(f): 9:26am On May 19, 2016
Hello

I got your letter from the school as evidence , although i noticed the timeline dates on their website doesn't correspond with your dates on your letter so i am not sure how genuine it is. It might just be or not . However i Do notice on your facebook you already claim to be a student starting August 2016 ....

U no go wait to get visa and all before announcing it on facebook and listing it as your current school .......smh

That a character of a loud mouth which is a bit evidence in your response to others .

But your character at the end of the day , shouldnt take away from your story and need for help .

I am still willing to help once the authentication can be verified ............

Money is hard to come by these days so i only want to part with my HARD EARNED money is its authentic need

2 Likes

Re: -------------------- by ifyalways(f): 10:08am On May 19, 2016
I'm willing to contribute but on these conditions:

Send ALL your scholarship stuff, school stuff and passport data page via email to Tehn.

No cash goes to you. Tehn pays the visa and sevis fees, sends you the reciept which is what you'd need for interview.

Cc Tehn
Pickabeau
R231

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nursing?canada?advice Needed / Cost Of Some Hotels In Lagos / France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.