Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) (7012 Views)

Why Is Polygamy Being Discouraged And Hypergamy Isn't Discouraged? / Man Caught Rubbing His Manhood On A Lady's Backside In Public (Video, Pics) / Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by majorbravo: 2:22pm On May 17, 2016
Today I bumped into a youtube video from Discovery Tv titled Science of Sex Appeal: What women find attractive.
The video describes how scientifically, women find men with larger accounts more attractive than men with smaller sized earnings irrespective of their natural looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoKA-a5vEEc

A quick glance down the comments section revealed a particularly interesting comment where someone suggested some other guy to look up Hypergamy and Briffault's Law. (Picture 1 below)

So I did look them up.

For Hypergamy, I already had an idea what it meant but I always prefer Urban dictionary for English words because people get to vote for definitions that closely match reality. And this popped up (picture 2 attached below). A-Mazing right?

Ok, so for Briffault's law I did a google search and I found a remarkable post on what it says (Bolded).

BRIFFAULT’S LAW:

The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place.

Now Briffault is a renowned social anthropologist and doctor, most people who are into his field would know about him (I dont know).

The first post I bumped into when I did a google search carried out an expansion of the theory/law. (See picture 3 below).

Now what do we make of these laws? Are women really like this? If so, are there any Laws for men if any? and what do men do?

Footnote: The above are not my ideas so no bashing please, and I don't see the need to post any links to their origins, If you want to know more use google like I did.

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Hannysmilez(f): 2:26pm On May 17, 2016
True. Women are attracted to men of higher status. That's not the same with 'gold-digging'. Gold-digging is being with a man SOLELY for his money/status. The same way men are more attracted to more beautiful/curvy women.
I think its just nature.

1 Like

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 17, 2016
Who love don Epp?
Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by majorbravo: 2:38pm On May 17, 2016
Hannysmilez:
True. Women are attracted to men of higher status. That's not the same with 'gold-digging'. Gold-digging is being with a man SOLELY for his money/status. The same way men are more attracted to more beautiful/curvy women.
I think its just nature.

So what about Briffault's Law?
Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Tafari1(m): 2:46pm On May 17, 2016
Are you just knowing this op? I knew this since secondary school days and I have been preaching it to guys. Ask my man Paulkillerman, killerman57, Paulkillermanag

1 Like

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Hannysmilez(f): 2:47pm On May 17, 2016
majorbravo:

So what about Briffault's Law?
Exactly! Briffault didn't state that the benefit had to be money. Every wise person would get married because there is something he/she stands to gain. That's what marriage is supposed to do;make you a better person.
The benefit could be fame,money,it could be the title or your surname. It could as well be companionship,kids or sexual benefit.
Only a dummy would get married and gain nothing from it.

3 Likes

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by majorbravo: 2:49pm On May 17, 2016
Tafari1:
Are you just knowing this op? I knew this since secondary school days and I have been preaching it to guys. Ask my man Paulkillerman, killerman57, Paulkillermanag

I once attacked the moniker you mentioned but my attack was purely on the fact that he takes advantage of this to use women as play things and I would not support that.

Either way, Lalasticlala please help brothers out by moving this to FP, we need to know the truth.
Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by majorbravo: 2:53pm On May 17, 2016
Hannysmilez:
Exactly! Briffault didn't state that the benefit had to be money. Every wise person would get married because there is something he/she stands to gain. That's what marriage is supposed to do;make you a better person.
The benefit could be fame,money,it could be the title or your surname. It could as well be companionship,kids or sexual benefit.
Only a dummy would get married and gain nothing from it.

But most men enter marriage with no long term gain from the woman in mind, cos they know beauty fades. Briffault seems to be saying its if and only if there is a gain the connection would even exist, this could also mean what the dude said in the third picture is true (The corollaries), that she would seize to remain in the relationship if he can no longer provide the benefits? This is what I want to know.

1 Like

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 17, 2016
It all hinges on the term "Survival of the fittest".
You see, what we humans see as "Golddigging" or "this hoes ain't loyal"; Nature sees as a competition; a survival to the fittest kind of thing..

It plays all through animal kingdom. During Mating, the female goes to meet the strongest; the JAGABAN of the group....

That's why every Nigga should get money because : Hoes will never be loyal.

5 Likes

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by majorbravo: 2:57pm On May 17, 2016
SirWere:
It all hinges on the term "Survival of the fittest".
You see, what we humans see as "Golddigging" or "this hoes ain't loyal"; Nature sees as a competition; a survival to the fittest kind of thing..

It plays all through animal kingdom. During Mating, the female goes to meet the strongest; the JAGABAN of the group....

That's why every Nigga should get money because : Hoes will never be loyal.

Bro, what happens when something happens to the money that was not his fault? (like an economic meltdown or he gets robbed/defrauded?) she moves on to the next big thing?
Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 17, 2016
majorbravo:

Bro, what happens when something happens to the money that was not his fault? (like an economic meltdown or he gets robbed/defrauded?) she moves on to the next big thing?

This depends on a number of factors.

- Intial reason for the relationship
- Personal disposition of the man towards his new situation
- Strength of Emotional loyalty/commitment.

I could go on and on......

But the most important is..................

Is she a hoe

3 Likes

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by majorbravo: 3:14pm On May 17, 2016
SirWere:

This depends on a number of factors.

- Intial reason for the relationship
- Personal disposition of the man towards his new situation
- Strength of Emotional loyalty/commitment.

I could go on and on......

But the most important is..................

Is she a hoe

Yer but in a battle of the fittest, willpower is not enough to confirm ability. But I catch your drift.

1 Like

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 17, 2016
majorbravo:

Yer but in a battle of the fittest, willpower is not enough to confirm ability. But I catch your drift.

Oh, you're mistaken. In highly social animals; from the insect to our primate neighbours, there have been cases where "willpower" as you so put it actually influcened the "decision" of the "individuals" in the colony/group/caste to stay rather than leave.......

Same with human females....

Unfortunately, that scenario is very very rare indeed.....

1 Like

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by majorbravo: 3:37pm On May 17, 2016
SirWere:

Oh, you're mistaken. In highly social animals; from the insect to our primate neighbours, there have been cases where "willpower" as you so put it actually influcened the "decision" of the "individuals" in the colony/group/caste to stay rather than leave.......

Same with human females....

Unfortunately, that scenario is very very rare indeed.....

You may be right about it being rare. From a male perspective, I don't think any male is comfortable with not being able to offer some benefit to his mate whether in smaller animals or primates, however, Briffault seems to propound his law based on the fact that all females will move on immediately that benefit is cut short of expectation. This goes to say that most women in such situation who do not procure a divorce might be staying against their will, not staying because the man has the willpower to continue providing the benefit and from all indications, physically cant. In other words, she would move if she CAN, even if he has done a million things for her in the past. I hate to bring Teebillz into this, but I'm starting to think that's a classic example.
Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 17, 2016
majorbravo:

You may be right about it being rare. From a male perspective, I don't think any male is comfortable with not being able to offer some benefit to his mate whether in smaller animals or primates, however, Briffault seems to propound his law based on the fact that all females will move on immediately that benefit is cut short of expectation. This goes to say that most women in such situation who do not procure a divorce might be staying against their will, not staying because the man has the willpower to continue providing the benefit and from all indications, physically cant. I hate to bring Teebillz into this, but I'm starting to think that's a classic example.

Briffault law is right and it is also wrong.....

Sorry, I'm in a fix, can't fully explain what I mean
Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by PaulkillermanAg(m): 6:34pm On May 17, 2016
Tafari1:
my main man, preach the gospel to the otondos that are lacking...

Pay the hoes (no be money them day Find? ) and fork the living daylight out of the hoes.... that's what I do mhen, and I'm proud of it.... I fork them like the trash they are, and hear them screaming, afterwards I pay them...
Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Hannysmilez(f): 11:49pm On May 17, 2016
majorbravo:

But most men enter marriage with no long term gain from the woman in mind, cos they know beauty fades. Briffault seems to be saying its if and only if there is a gain the connection would even exist, this could also mean what the dude said in the third picture is true (The corollaries), that she would seize to remain in the relationship if he can no longer provide the benefits? This is what I want to know.
um...yeah. The connection would cease to exit if he can no longer provide the benefits. Take for instance a woman who married for love. Her benefit is the affection and love she gets. If the man stops loving her,then what should she be there for? Nothing! If she continues in the relationship,then she has other benefits.
That's why I keep on stating that most men are fools. Why would you marry and not gain anything from it? Most men gain the satisfaction of knowing that they have a Beautiful wife.
Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by PaulkillermanAg(m): 5:57am On May 18, 2016
Hannysmilez:
um...yeah. The connection would cease to exit if he can no longer provide the benefits. Take for instance a woman who married for love. Her benefit is the affection and love she gets. If the man stops loving her,then what should she be there for? Nothing! If she continues in the relationship,then she has other benefits.
That's why I keep on stating that most men are fools. Why would you marry and not gain anything from it? Most men gain the satisfaction of knowing that they have a Beautiful wife.
. U are writing trash bro, absolutely trash , how many men marry pretty women? Women are just greedy on default... Very greedy things I'm yet to see, treat them like that...greedy sets of ingrate, I'll rather give my fellow guyz things(they'll appreciate it far better) for a girl, she must pay for It in kind, or cash....
I just fork you all and pay you...
Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by wordbank(m): 7:16am On May 18, 2016
It's not debatable. Every being is attached to another for some benefits, I said some because one will definitely lead to another and the list goes on and on. Man is insatiable (male and female).
Now, the difference in what one wants and amount is the crux. Women tend to receive first before they give while men are on the opposite direction, so whoever receives first automatically is in control. When a woman receive, she believe more is left and for the fact that she's in control she makes another demand and another and in most cases in material forms, while the male counterpart still lurk for companionship.
It's so disheartening that weaklings are preyed.

1 Like

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Hannysmilez(f): 9:20am On May 18, 2016
PaulkillermanAg:
. U are writing trash bro, absolutely trash , how many men marry pretty women? Women are just greedy on default... Very greedy things I'm yet to see, treat them like that...greedy sets of ingrate, I'll rather give my fellow guyz things(they'll appreciate it far better) for a girl, she must pay for It in kind, or cash....
I just fork you all and pay you...
Bro you're pained. LOL. Its not our fault that most men are silly and just dumb. Do what you must to the female population,no one is stopping you.
Besides,its nature bro. You can't fight it

1 Like

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by PaulkillermanAg(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2016
Hannysmilez:
Bro you're pained. LOL. Its not our fault that most men are silly and just dumb. Do what you must to the female population,no one is stopping you.
that's why I keep forking them and treating them like trash , I fork fork fork, when I'm tired I trash that one and continue .... Feel so fulfilled trashing them like the trash they are...

Can I PM you, will wanna fork u...

Reply my PM please, love u...
Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by PaulkillermanAg(m): 10:31am On May 18, 2016
Hannysmilez:
that's why I keep forking them and treating them like trash , I fork fork fork, when I'm tired I trash that one and continue .... Feel so fulfilled trashing them like the trash they are... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: HYPERGAMY And BRIFFAULT's Law: Are Women Primodially Gold Diggers?(VIDEO,PICS) by Hannysmilez(f): 10:44am On May 18, 2016
PaulkillermanAg:
that's why I keep forking them and treating them like trash , I fork fork fork, when I'm tired I trash that one and continue .... Feel so fulfilled trashing them like the trash they are...

Hayam so dead man. This literally cracked me up. You're a very funny somebody

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Ladies Really Want: 7 Things Every Guy Can Do To Be Perfect For Her. / How Much Masturbation Is Too Much Masturbation???????? / Lady Reveals How A Man Attempted To Sleep With Her In His Office (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.