Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,548 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff (32694 Views)

$195M Contract: Reps Give Amaechi 72 Hours To Produce Documents / Arrest For Hate Speech: Arewa Youth Council Gives Gov. Masari 48 Hours Ultimatum / Buhari's Health: Save Nigeria Group Gives 74 Hours Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by EMPEROR032: 8:28pm On May 17, 2016
NIGERIA ARMY NEED TO GO DIGITAL IN OTHER NOT TO EMBARRASE THEMSELVES.PEACE TO ALL SS & SE.
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by meccuno: 8:36pm On May 17, 2016
alt3r3g0:
For those screaming against the army. If you were given all the dynamite to go and destroy the pipeline handling gas, how will you find it?

These people have insiders that know all the working of all pipelines, what leads where and what you need to blow it up. I am sure even the Nigerian navy does not have the pipe diagrams.

So the fact that these people had id cards does not automatically exonorate them.

They were caught at the scene of the crime. Not picked up in their backyards at home. If after investigation it was discovered that they were on official duty at the time they were pick up. I am certain they would be released.

The fact that Chevron is silent on the issue speaks volumes.
since when has the army,police,navy,Dss conducted any reasonable investigation? Pray you don't fall into their net cause your own would be sorry!!
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by uyplus(m): 8:50pm On May 17, 2016
GWMI:
sometimes i wonder whether many of you reason before you write or you write before you reason.If your brother was arrested when on duty and the company he is working for refuse to speak will you leave to suffer innoncently?i think your hatred for Niger Delta have enter into your brains that you never give right Judgement from the wrong ones.Shame on you for standing against Justice.Thanks.

Why would the company your brother works for refuse to speak? If i get arrested wrongly by the police and accused of doing something I'm paid for by my company, they will identify me as their staff as soon as possible. For instance, if a police arrests a bank driver while on duty with the company car and accuses the driver for stealing the car he is driving, ofcourse the bank will come to his aid by saying he is their staff and the said car he was seen driving was for the company. If they couldn't clearly identify themselves when they got caught by the military, then its obvious there is something fishy about their identity. The first question a security operative will ask is "identify yourselves", then if in doubt they pick u up.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by alt3r3g0: 8:50pm On May 17, 2016
meccuno:
since when has the army,police,navy,Dss conducted any reasonable investigation? Pray you don't fall into their net cause your own would be sorry!!

Ask yourself...why has the contract company that they were branding ID card and they are working for silent? Why is Chevron silent?

Last year my colleague went to a bank in ph, at that time they was an investigation for yahoo boys at the branch. Because he was young and driving a ride they thought was bigger than him, he was picked up and detained. They called the company, he was verified and released.

As to reasonable investigation...See Olisah Metuh that was screaming charge me to court! charge me to court!...prosecution has presented their case..time for his defence he has postponed it 6 times...before conveniently falling off a chair in PDP convention and ending up in ICU.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 17, 2016
perp:
It is the duty of chevron to come out and make that claim not the communities.

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Well spotted
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 17, 2016
The intelligent and well-raised individuals read stories between the lines, analyze them, make their opinions known, and suggest the way forward. But the unintelligent ones who are deficient in home training reads stories with biased mind, go on name checking spree, look for tribes, region and political parties; and without even understanding the subject matter, open their mouth to spew thrash, abuses, insults, etc.
By the content of your contribution, we shall know where you belong.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by nellyelitz(m): 9:06pm On May 17, 2016
Busted!
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by CioAngels(f): 9:07pm On May 17, 2016
perp:
When chevron feels they are too important to defend the poor, the communities will have to come out before the military will intentionally kill them and say they were trying to escape.
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by erico2k2(m): 9:08pm On May 17, 2016
greenpasture:

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Well spotted
If you have dealt with these multinationals b4, you would understand why they are taking this stance
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by CioAngels(f): 9:11pm On May 17, 2016
perp:
When chevron feels they are too important to defend the poor, the communities will have to come out before the military will intentionally kill them and say they were trying to escape. Look for avengers, No, they are picking innocent children to impress buhari.
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by bakila: 9:35pm On May 17, 2016
akajos4real:
It is only a foolish person that will believe the oil worker story.
This is a company that evacuated Tier 1 & 2 staff from swamp location for fear of attack by NDA yet somebody is saying the same company sent people who were evacuated to inspect the extent of damage done or JIV which is stupid to say if you understand how the system works.
Chevron will not send anybody without an approved TSP and that plan must have security cover.
People should just shut up and let the security agency do their job and if they clean, they would come back home.

If you understand the system you will know the stories about them been community sent by Chevron is false. They might be community people but they were not sent by the company.

NDA can only be made up of community people that know the terrain well so lets be guided and not play to the gallery of mis-information.
.......and nobody liked your comment.

You made so much sense with technical depth and factual clarity.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by macaranta(m): 9:45pm On May 17, 2016
They should be released in they are innocent.
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 17, 2016
Let the spokes person for chevron, or any other authorised staff of chevron come out and claim workership of the affected people arrested. the community should not speak on behalf of chevron.
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Reference(m): 10:29pm On May 17, 2016
I said that this thing will spiral out of control if not handled properly. Here we go.
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by okejos(m): 10:43pm On May 17, 2016
perp:
HOW ARE U PEOPLE REASONING. WHEN CHIBOK GIRLS GOT MISSING IS IT THE SCHOOL THAT IS AGITATING FOR THE RELEASE OR THE PARENT?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by kannymoore(m): 11:44pm On May 17, 2016
okejos:
HOW ARE U PEOPLE REASONING. WHEN CHIBOK GIRLS GOT MISSING IS IT THE SCHOOL THAT IS AGITATING FOR THE RELEASE OR THE PARENT?

please don't be silly!

when patience Jonathan made her infamous "na only you Waka come...Dia rus God oo" comment... who and whom was/were she referring to?

mehn... the intelligence and lack thereof of Nairaland youths nowadays gives serious cause for concern.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Ikechu12781: 11:55pm On May 17, 2016
Nigerian "military" is just useless. I knew they'll go after defenseless civiliabs. That's all they do. When their opponents have wealons, they avoid am like plague. When they are defenseless, na am we see their power. Weaklings
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by starlingbawa(m): 8:04am On May 18, 2016
Silvofitz:
The intelligent and well-raised individuals read stories between the lines, analyze them, make their opinions known, and suggest the way forward. But the unintelligent ones who are deficient in home training reads stories with biased mind, go on name checking spree, look for tribes, region and political parties; and without even understanding the subject matter, open their mouth to spew thrash, abuses, insults, etc.
By the content of your contribution, we shall know where you belong.

Well said!!!
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by boujaye: 8:58am On May 18, 2016
diegwu01:
Na lie, Chev would defend their own.. The community cannot force chevron to claim what isn't theirs, we will be better informed in the coming days
I have worked with an oil company. They have staff, direct contract staff, indirect contract staff (sub contractors) and they issue ID cards accordingly bearing that oil company's name but with different designs and outlooks, so they can be allowed access into their premises. Yet they all together makeup the total number of workers of that company, because they are paid indirectly by the oil company. When there is an issue concerning non-staff, the oil company will never show much attention or concern as it will do if it is their direct staff.
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by afanide: 10:55am On May 18, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

emesiere oo. had fun during rural rugged in your lga few years ago.
@topic, nice comment.

Mesiere nde my brother............

Ika people are very friendly and accommodating. Am sure our girls too very good care of u cheesy
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by OlujobaSamuel: 11:04am On May 18, 2016
afanide:

Mesiere nde my brother............

Ika people are very friendly and accommodating. Am sure our girls too very good care of u cheesy
abeg na rural rugged I go do, how you wan make I explain that part as an exco? my hand no dey der oo, but the community treated us well,and we enjoyed free ride(mbok) for the state, na only uyo dem dey refuse carry us.
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Nobody: 11:41am On May 18, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
grin
shame on Buhari
shame on buruntashi
shame on the useless Buharian army
and shame on those that think NDA can be easily apprehend like that, those guys must be at creek now laughing at these useless sai baba chanters
as soon as I saw the news i suddenly knew it was one of lair Muhammed the charlatan scheming.
same with bokoharam.

Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Buhari is a terrorist

Have us seen the photos dont be quick to judge, isnt it the height of foolishness that people will shield a group of riff raffs who are destroying the environment of their communities and their children's future.

leave sentiments out of issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chima Anyaso Donates 20 Vehicles To Ikpeazu (Photos) / Buhari Appoints Heads Of 23 Federal Agencies [full List] / Turmoil In PDP Over Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.