Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry (698 Views)

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This / Why Ikoyi Marriage Registry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by MPVGoddess: 5:39pm On May 17, 2016
How does one go about doing the above?

There is a marriage that I need to stop...

Has anyone done this before?

Do I go the Registry and file objection before the couple goes there or after the couple goes there?

Please advice.

Asking in behalf of my folks since I am not in the country but I will pass this thread to them to read on their devices, at least they know how to click and read a link LOL

Thanks all
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by iceberylin(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2016
I will pass this thread to them to read on their devices, at least they know how to click and read a link LOL
With all ya wisdom you cant help em undecided YIMU

1 Like

Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by Smellymouth: 5:45pm On May 17, 2016
Brb
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by obiorathesubtle: 5:45pm On May 17, 2016
grin if this was a Nigerian movie..

"The return of Nneka a.k.a. The angry ex-girlfriend..
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by FlexTrex: 7:11pm On May 17, 2016
It depends on the reason, i reckon. However, I assume there is a notice period given for objections. Of your claim is valid and within this period, do a letter to the registrar stating your claim.
By the way, I hope you know polygamy is not illegal in these parts.
Good luck to “your folks ”!
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by MPVGoddess: 10:12pm On May 17, 2016
iceberylin:

With all ya wisdom you cant help em undecided YIMU

Well...can parents stop a marriage? Can siblings stop a marriage? can a jilted lover stop a marriage?

Has it been done before?

I may be wise in some areas and unwise in others

So I was here to crowd-source wisdom
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by MPVGoddess: 10:14pm On May 17, 2016
FlexTrex:
It depends on the reason, i reckon. However, I assume there is a notice period given for objections. Of your claim is valid and within this period, do a letter to the registrar stating your claim.
By the way, I hope you know polygamy is not illegal in these parts.
Good luck to “your folks ”!

Notice period appears to be about 30 days

Question though is what reasons are valid and what reasons are invalid

Thanks for your advice dear

This is not polygamy-related by the way
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by MPVGoddess: 10:15pm On May 17, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
grin if this was a Nigerian movie..

"The return of Nneka a.k.a. The angry ex-girlfriend..

LOL
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by MPVGoddess: 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
update:

marriage has been put on hold indefinitely.

Thank you all who volunteered a response
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by FlexTrex: 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
MPVGoddess:
update:

Girl, spill the beans already. What's the story?
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by FlexTrex: 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
MPVGoddess:
update:

You welcome, by the way.
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
why do you want to object Alakoba
Re: Process Of Objecting To A Marriage At A Nigerian Marriage Registry by MPVGoddess: 10:57am On Jul 30, 2016
FlexTrex:

You welcome, by the way.

Sibling has no job.

Guy she wanted to marry is out of a job.

Can barely take care of himself and he wants to marry my sister.

So we (parents and siblings) wanted to step in and stop it or at least slow it down until things improve (he gets a job or she finds something to do)

Love does not sustain a marriage... Finances do

(1) (Reply)

Which One Dey Vex U Pass / I Need Some Advice...i Need To Change. / Give Her A Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.