Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love (1384 Views)

12 Brutally Honest Reasons Why Girls Only Love Bad Boys / Why First Love Is Always Special / Do You Still Remember Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by covbrand(f): 7:13pm On May 17, 2016
LOVE IS A GAMBLE, IT'S A DICE. SOMETIMES IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE SPIN TO MAKE A SIX.

One of the reason I think people should be careful when dating or courting is because we as human never forget what caused us pain. When we get heartbroken or experience something that causes us pain we tend to remember them more clearly than times of joy and bliss. This remembrance makes us very weary of anything that remotely looks like what caused us pain.

This is mostly seen in men, that's why most men find it very hard to love anyone as much as their first love. When they give their all to the first woman they love, they open their mind so freely and innocently and in return expect to be loved like that. But that is not always the case, as they may end up hurt and scared, and in some cases they totally lose their ability to love ever again.

This kind of people cannot be emotionally connected to another person again. They are emotionally unresponsive and could be out rightly manipulative as they deem. One minute you can't get enough of their love, the other minute you can't seem to get where you stand.

For most men this cycle only ends when they become parents, they will then pour out all the love they have on their daughters;because they believe that their love will always be reciprocated. Loving your daughters is important but in a dysfunctional family it becomes impossible to prevent envy and rivalry.

It works the same way with women too, but women have more innate strength to heal and move on completely.

The only way a man can move on from this painful position is for him to grow in strength and forgiveness. And to accept that something are beyond our control and power. LOVE IS A GAMBLE, IT'S A DICE. SOMETIMES IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE SPIN TO MAKE A SIX.

............TOMATO JOS/ covbrand
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 17, 2016
Well, i can relate with this, seen guys who couldn't put themselves together after an emotional heartbreak despite the fact that one would initially think they had lion hearts ..... Worse scenario is that it brings out the chained beast in them e.g players aka fµckboys ...... I believe there's someone out there for everyone, all it takes is to find that person, hope more guys dont fall into the heartbreak category b'cos there always a beast within waiting to be unleashed....
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 17, 2016
that's not always the case. unless you're speaking abt yourself
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 17, 2016
OK. NOTED.
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by ettaetta(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2016
Not true, i totally disagree because ve fogotten about my first love. The love died when the relationship ended
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by OkoAnike(m): 8:05pm On May 17, 2016
[b][/b][i][/i]
totally in agreement with you, very much applicable to me...
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by czarr(m): 8:54pm On May 17, 2016
undecided I don't agree!
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by Fadamant: 9:31pm On May 17, 2016
10/10
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by yarimo(m): 10:32pm On May 17, 2016
@op it's both male and female undecided
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by firstking01(m): 10:43pm On May 17, 2016
I skipt through the whole postembarassed
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by wasak(m): 11:35pm On May 17, 2016
This is very applicable to me, I've met girls more beautiful, nice and caring who will do anything for me, but the feelings just don't come and most times I feel guilty, but deep down I know it's beyond just me.
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by Hillzy(m): 11:40pm On May 17, 2016
I dis agree

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by itstpia8: 1:37am On May 18, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by SpecialStar(m): 1:46am On May 18, 2016
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by majorbravo: 2:39am On May 18, 2016
Thanks for this post, summed up my life really. Though I have long moved on. Didn't need the daughter part.
Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by Nobody: 2:48am On May 18, 2016
Interesting, well I'm not my obim first love but I'm his greatest love and I think you should change the title of your post because I find it generalises all men to that same category whereas I find it false. Because a male first love when it comes to females wouldn't be that girlfriend that broke his heart, his first love would always be his mother.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Men Only Love Their First Love by covbrand(f): 4:30am On May 18, 2016
cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

"Can I Marry My Step-brother?" / Photo: Can You Accept This Friend Request? / 14 Wtf Facts About Se_x You Didn’t Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.