Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali (18987 Views)

Bukola Saraki: I Will Be At The Tribunal Tomorrow / Nigerian Troops Begin Withdrawal From Mali Today / Govt Orders Withdrawal Of Troops From Mali. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by sjeezy8: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2009
its not about deportation its the fact he is tryin to play to the north fulani oligarchy

all the brazilians are ok because they consider themselves yorubas and from lagos and saying they're from brazil wouldn't benefit them in any way.

same with muslim indignes in Lagos like fashola tinubu they are lagosian and while lagos has a high muslim population they do not say they're fulani and they are not under control of the north.

Ibime:

Any people who follow the tenets of Islam in Nigeria are conquered people. This is not a biased statement, but a historical fact. The people of Kwara live under the Fulani empire whether they know it or not, and as such, Fulani control of government and social institutions will be propagated in their homeland just as it is in Hausa and Kanuri land. He who is wise must resist the incursion of Fulani hegemonists into subsaharan Africa to prevent the forced imposition of antiquated and retrogressive Fulani system of Government which promotes feudalism, lordship and serfdom. Infact, the whole of Nigeria lives under the Fulani empire and Southern Nigerians must extricate themselves from this retrogressive dictatorship by hook or crook. Those who are bound to eternal serfdom by virtue of religious ties with the Fulani can do so of their own accord, but as far as I am concerned, the prime motive for Fulani expansion into equitorial Africa was not to spread Islam, but to spread Imperialism.

what are you talkin about do you not see Lagos' muslims. they have a high population of islam in the sw but the PDP and the north KNOW they can't win Lagosians votes over.
Isee no difference between islam and christianity both are foreign to Nigeria
both were used to spread imperialism which is why all of africa was colonised by christian countries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2009
Just because the Fulanis run Kwara politically surely doesnt mean some Yoruba Kwarans dont have actual northern or Fulani blood?

Even in Oyo state people can be suspected to be Fulani, its just that they dont declare it in public like Kwarans tend to do.

Anyway, there's a lot of mixture here and there, people can be confused, its a political thing, or just plain migration. Different choices for whoever wants one.

whatever butters somebody's bread.

I dont care.
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by AloyEmeka6: 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2009
sjeezy8:

its not about deportation  its the fact he is tryin to play to the north fulani oligarchy

Because the north fulani oligarchy is foolish, ba?
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by sjeezy8: 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

as in what do you mean?
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Remii(m): 12:02am On Aug 20, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

there you go again, yet southerners attribute all their sufferings and marginalization to their being so powerful. foolish? yet they get whatever post they need in govt, he he he he he, grin grin grin
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by AloyEmeka6: 12:13am On Aug 20, 2009
Remii:

there you go again, yet southerners attribute all their sufferings and marginalization to their being so powerful. foolish? yet they get whatever post they need in govt, he he he he he,  grin grin grin
I was asking him a question. Read well before you comment.
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by sjeezy8: 12:17am On Aug 20, 2009
what specifically are you asking? whether the fulani oligarchy is foolish or whether the south is dumb?
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Remii(m): 12:17am On Aug 20, 2009
@Aloy~Emeka, sorry I missed the "ba"
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 20, 2009
@ Remii,

Yorubas are not from the East. Maybe Egypt or down South Africa but we have no ties with the Arabs or Muslim world . If we were really from the east, how come non of our traditions is similar to theirs. The reason why there are some similarities in some words is the same reason why there are some similarities in English and Spanish words not because the Spanish people come England or Vice versa. All these things happens through trade and many other things. Oduduwa might have fled Egypt during a religious or racial war but he's not the first Yoruba man there has been Yorubas before Oduduwa's existence. It's the fucking Arab wannabes that started that Yorubas are from Mecca shit and almost destroyed the truth by making an Oduduwa movie that first said he dropped from the skies with a long rope, then his father was in Mecca. Anyone with brains will know the logic behind the story is massively flawed. Let's be objective. Yorubas don't claim to be from Mecca, it's the fake, Islamized, Arabized, no sense of self Yorubas that say they are from Mecca. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by ndelta1(m): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2009
kayality:

@ N_delta ONLY

even if the man is from Bakasi or Ijaw is not a Nigeria what is your concern,pls can u tel me types of nationality (kadriyahaya@yahoo.com)

OTHERS

please guys find something else to do rather than wasting your time, comet on this man.
k, please

Kayality

Just want to let u know that restricting urself to local history deny u off argument like this, so let ur Span go beyond Ilorin and Saraki
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Jarus(m): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2009
I am a Kwaran and a Yoruba but I don't bother myself with all these ramblings. I have explained my own understanding of the situation over and over again when this topic is raised on NL.

We have been called fools, illiterates etc for allowing Saraki rule us, but I personally don't care.

I'm a Yoruba from Kwara, and a northerner, as long as Kwara is officially north. All these regional, political, ethnic and geographical classifications dont add or take anything away from me.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by AloyEmeka6: 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2009
9jaganja:

@ Remii,

Yorubas are not from the East. Maybe Egypt or down South Africa but we have no ties with the Arabs or Muslim world . If we were really from the east, how come non of our traditions is similar to theirs. The reason why there are some similarities in some words is the same reason why there are some similarities in English and Spanish words not because the Spanish people come England or Vice versa. All these things happens through trade and many other things. Oduduwa might have fled Egypt during a religious or racial war but he's not the first Yoruba man there has been Yorubas before Oduduwa's existence. It's the fucking Arab wannabes that started that Yorubas are from Mecca shit and almost destroyed the truth by making an Oduduwa movie that first said he dropped from the skies with a long rope, then his father was in Mecca. Anyone with brains will know the logic behind the story is massively flawed. Let's be objective. Yorubas don't claim to be from Mecca, it's the fake, Islamized, Arabized, no sense of self Yorubas that say they are from Mecca. Thanks
Most people from sub sharan Africa are from the east. Southern Africa is a latter settlement.
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Remii(m): 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2009
@9jaganja,

Yes, Oduduwa met people in Ife under the leadership of Agbonniregun an Ifa priest, history also said father of Oduduwa was Lamurudu which some people say maybe adulteration of Nimrod a cruel king somewhere in the East. They said Oduduwa came with some pamphlets that had Arabic inscriptions, which may still be in Ife if not looted already by Europeans among other relics. Some historians even said a tribe in present Borno came with Oduduwa's Yoruba group and that they even stayed awhile in an area around Chad border before Yorubas continued their own movement down to present Ile Ife. They claim Yorubas have similar tribal marks with them till today. Some say name Yoruba is derived from Hausa - Yaro Uba, Yar' uba -  children of Uba while Uba is suppose to be the leader of Yoruba group or Oduduwa.

Anyway, history is what is it, past. Let move on by concentrating on what would benefit the present and future.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by DRANOEL(m): 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2009
the man says he;s fulani then he;s fulani!whats the big deal? afterall the name saraki is a fulani name! idiagbon also claimed fulani,so also adisa and gambari! i dont know why you guys are arguing.i have relatives who bear ibo names and we aint ibo
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2009
@ Remii

I refuse to believe that story of coming to Yoruba land with Arabic scriptures and. I can even discard Oduduwa as a slave master cause the Arabs started slavery in Africa. We have been existing before the Arabs so why can't they come from us? That being said, Yorubas are not children of Oduduwa and there is no one as Uba in Yoruba's history. If science and genetic evidences showed South Africa is where human migrations started how come it is a latter settlement? Please don't confuse me here. DNA showed the only genetic similarities we Africans have with the Arabs is the same we have with every other races of human on this planet except for those African who are mixed with Arabic blood. Oduduwa is not the founder of Yorubas or even related to Yorubas. He might be a liberator of certain Yorubas not my own Yoruba. The fact that the bible said moses liberated the Jews doesn't mean the Jews are children of Moses. (even though the story was later proven to be false). We are Dahomians by Origin it was the lust for power by different individuals that led to break ups. Remember Wiki can be edited by anyone out there and there are many self hating Yorubas out there. How come we have our own creationists story  instead of that of the Arabs? Our creationists story differs from that of the Arabs by every point. So get it right remilekun (nice name by the way.). Don't let all these Arab wannabes confuse you. We existed and had civilizations long before the Arabs so we can't come from them. I can show you pictorial  evidences to prove that many aspects of Islam were stolen from Egyptian teachings and there was no Allah during the days Amenhotep, Nefertiti etc. Even many claims Queen of Sheba (Bilkis Sungbo) was buried in Yemen but Oral tradition and a monument in Ijebu-Igbo has proven them wrong. There is a song in Yoruba that goes " Ijebu ode, Ijebu Igbo, Owo Bilikisu ni won naa" Meaning Ijebu Ode and Ijebu Igbo are both spending Bilikisu's money. And one of the name of the Queen of Sheba is "Bilkis Sungbo". Now she might get that Bilkis after meeting Solomon but she kept her traditional name"Sungbo". Now Sungbo can't be pronounced by Arabs neither is "gbo" in their phonetics So do the math remi. . And even Solomon converted to her Religion later on cause it was said that Solomon backslided as Christians will put it. Thanks
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2009
9jaganja:

@ Remii

I refuse to believe that story of coming to Yoruba land with Arabic scriptures and. I can even discard Oduduwa as a slave master cause the Arabs started slavery in Africa. We have been existing before the Arabs so why can't they come from us? That being said, Yorubas are not children of Oduduwa and there is no one as Uba in Yoruba's history. If science and genetic evidences showed South Africa is where human migrations started how come it is a latter settlement? Please don't confuse me here. DNA showed the only genetic similarities we Africans have with the Arabs is the same we have with every other races of human on this planet except for those African who are mixed with Arabic blood. Oduduwa is not the founder of Yorubas or even related to Yorubas. He might be a liberator of certain Yorubas not my own Yoruba. The fact that the bible said moses liberated the Jews doesn't mean the Jews are children of Moses. (even though the story was later proven to be false). We are Dahomians by Origin it was the lust for power by different individuals that led to break ups. Remember Wiki can be edited by anyone out there and there are many self hating Yorubas out there. How come we have our own creationists story instead of that of the Arabs? Our creationists story differs from that of the Arabs by every point. So get it right remilekun (nice name by the way.). Don't let all these Arab wannabes confuse you. We existed and had civilizations long before the Arabs so we can't come from them. I can show you pictorial evidences to prove that many aspects of Islam were stolen from Egyptian teachings and there was no Allah during the days Amenhotep, Nefertiti etc.

you're arguing in circles.

Arab doesnt always mean Islam- try to make that distinction.

Dahomey which you want to claim (are you from Badagry), also came from somewhere. Their own immigration was linked to the Togo/Ghana region.

and did Dahomey say they have no Arab links? check again.
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2009
tpia.:

you're arguing in circles.

Arab doesnt always mean Islam- try to make that distinction.

Dahomey which you want to claim (are you from Badagry), also came from somewhere. Their own immigration was linked to the Togo/Ghana region.

and did Dahomey say they have no Arab links? check again.

Yes TPia, Dohomians have ancestry from Ghana and the ancestral chain doesn't stop there. I'm just using Islam as an example of earlier similarities in Africa before it ever occured in the Arab world. Historical falsifications are the reasons we might never know where we are from. If we have existed before the Arabs, how can we be linked to them and not them to us?
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2009
9jaganja:

Yes TPia, Dohomians have ancestry from Ghana and the ancestral chain doesn't stop there. I'm just using Islam as an example of earlier similarities in Africa before it ever occured in the Arab world.

you're quite right- Arab culture could be an offshoot of the African one vis-a-vis Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, etc.

However, since Arabs were the ones enslaving or "civilizing" Africans and not the other way round, historical events have favored Arabia instead of Africa.
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2009
tpia.:

you're quite right- Arab culture could be an offshoot of the African one vis-a-vis Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, etc.

However, since Arabs were the ones enslaving or "civilizing" Africans and not the other way round, historical events have favored Arabia instead of Africa.

Correct but that doesn't mean we should forget who we really are to favour the slave masters. Thanks Tpia.
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Remii(m): 11:17pm On Aug 20, 2009
@9jaganja, if you read my post carefully from the beginning of my post I wrote the Oduduwa met some people at Ile Ife. can you give a better origin of the word "Yoruba".
Yes, since no actual witness to history, it would continuously be updated based on new evidences, even the biblical Adam and Eve are being challenged as the first humans since when Cain became a full man he went  to East to take a wife, so who were these people from where he (Cain ) went to marry from if Adam and Eve were lonely on earth.
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 5:23am On May 15, 2015
Saraki has spoken he is fulani so can all the noise by Yorubas here please cease
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by OduaVanguard: 6:50am On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
Saraki has spoken he is fulani so can all the noise by Yorubas here please cease

You dis fake jew/israeli-wannabe eboe boy from a phantom 'lost tribe of Israel', you better park well and STFU. Yiebos giving themselves Panadol over another man's headache since 1000 b.c.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by tit(f): 7:09am On May 15, 2015
Just because the Fulanis run Kwara politically surely doesnt mean some Yoruba Kwarans dont have actual northern or Fulani blood?

Even in Oyo state people can be suspected to be Fulani, its just that they dont declare it in public like Kwarans tend to do.

Anyway, there's a lot of mixture here and there, people can be confused, its a political thing, or just plain migration. Different choices for whoever wants one.

whatever butters somebody's bread.

I dont care.

hmmm
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by superstar1(m): 7:13am On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Yoruba culture must be so great, influential and alluring that it made him.to drop his Malian Arab names and adopted Olusola, named his first son Bukola and his daughter Gbemisola.

They must definitely be yorubanised Malians.

Meanwhile, theit family house is in Iseyin. Go there, they will show you.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 8:14am On May 15, 2015
superstar1:

Yoruba culture must be so great, influential and alluring that it made him.to drop his Malian Arab names and adopted Olusola, named his first son Bukola and his daughter Gbemisola.

They must definitely be yorubanised Malians.

Meanwhile, theit family house is in Iseyin. Go there, they will show you.
Well bros rant as you like, the sarakis do not consider themselves as Yorubas. You cannot force a man to belong to an ethnic group, so deal with that
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 8:15am On May 15, 2015
Jarus:
I am a Kwaran and a Yoruba but I don't bother myself with all these ramblings. I have explained my own understanding of the situation over and over again when this topic is raised on NL.

We have been called fools, illiterates etc for allowing Saraki rule us, but I personally don't care.

I'm a Yoruba from Kwara, and a northerner, as long as Kwara is officially north. All these regional, political, ethnic and geographical classifications dont add or take anything away from me.
You can only speak for yourself. Olusola Saraki has spoken for his family. He is not Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by Nobody: 8:17am On May 15, 2015
OduaVanguard:

You dis fake jew/israeli-wannabe eboe boy from a phantom 'lost tribe of Israel', you better park well and STFU. Yiebos giving themselves Panadol over another man's headache since 1000 b.c.
Oloribruku stop begging people to belong to your ethnic group just because you want to save face. Too bad you have been rejected

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by superstar1(m): 8:35am On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Well bros rant as you like, the sarakis do not consider themselves as Yorubas. You cannot force a man to belong to an ethnic group, so deal with that

Who cares?

In as much as they bear our names, speak our language and imbibe our culture, thereby sustaining our culture and increasing our influence, we are OK with that.

That is psychological colonialism.

The same we are doing to your kith and kinsmen littering our canaan-like region.

Following your "they are not Yorubas" argument, Sarakis are therefore a product of our colonialism. The rest is immaterial.

By the way, what is the meaning of Saraki, Olusola, Bukola and Gbemisola in Fulfude?
Re: Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:06am On May 15, 2015
This yorrobas are shameless,they don quickly dey claim Abubakar Saraki,becos his mother is from Southwest!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bala Mohammed: Amotekun’s Success Makes Restructuring Imperative / Boko Haram Kidnaps 100 Villagers, Kills 32 / SSANU Joins NLC Strike - Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.