Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,425 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) (11850 Views)

Street Traders And Hawkers Protest In Lagos / Thugs Fight In Front Of PDP Headquarters / Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, 1 Dead - IgbereTVNews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by ceometromedia: 8:59pm On May 17, 2016
A metronaija reader sent a touching mail on how her brother was machete today during the fight between Igbo traders and thugs at the popular Ladipo market in Lagos.

The reader explained extensively to metronaija that her brother was in their compound this afternoon during the fight when he decided to check what was going on outside. Igbo traders noticed he is yoruba and was chased with broken bottles and cutlass.

Metronaija later called her some hours ago,she narrated that over 20 people have been admitted in a nearby hospital with series of serious injuries on different part of the body (majority on their head) .

www.metronaija.com can authoritatively confirm that a close source informed us on how some Yoruba thugs have planned to burn shops and business outlet owned by Ibo tonight after the Igbo thugs destroyed a mechanic village owned by Yorubas in Ladipo market.

Most residents in Ladipo have decided to not pass tonight in their various houses because they don't know what might happen as Yorubas plan to retaliate.

She also confirmed that 3 people have been declared dead at about 8:30pm .

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/photos-3-dead-as-igbo-traders-and-thugs.html

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 17, 2016
Pix or adonbilivit
Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by Movic1(m): 9:24pm On May 17, 2016
Igbos and wahala

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by HurtgenForest: 9:45pm On May 17, 2016
Blame Yoruba agberos for this problem, always going about looking for trouble.
Igbos are always peaceful people and don't look for trouble.

Yorubas should call their agberos to order.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by betterABIAstate: 9:52pm On May 17, 2016
Though the reportage is poor and one-sided, they should also explain why the Igbo traders got furious, Yoruba and propaganda.

40 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by YourMrBoo: 9:56pm On May 17, 2016
This story get as e be...

What was the cause of the problem?
Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by bodeloja: 9:56pm On May 17, 2016
One Nigeria but yet Omo Onile go to destroy people business.

They cannot create gainful employment but can destroy business and murder struggling traders in this harsh economic climate.

No free money for lazy jobless tout. The Economy is bad and the traders cannot give what they dont have.

Going to ask them for money have just become a dangerous business for lazy hooligans.

Go to Kano and ask what igbo traders are capable of once they have reached their limit of tolerance. (agbero)

THE TOUTS CANNOT REMAIN PARASITES FOREVER, U WANT ONE NIGERIA SO WHEN A MAN LIKE YOU GO AND TAKE LOAN FLY TO CHINA OR INDIA AND GET COMMODITIES TO TRADE, HE CAN HAND THE MONEY OVER TO YOU UNDER DURESS. NOBODY HAS A MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE.

HOW LONG WILL THEY DO THAT BEFORE THEY REFUSE? EVEN IN THIS BAD ECONOMY, THE STRUGGLING TRADERS ARE GETTING HARASSED FOR MONEY THEY DONT HAVE, FOR SELL THEY HAVE NOT MADE.

TOUTS PLEASE JOIN IPOB AND PEACEFULLY DEMAND FOR LAGOS COUNTRY AS IS DONE IN THE EAST WHERE THEY DEMAND BIAFRA.

EXTORTION IS A CRIME. THIS IS REAL LIFE NOT THE MOVIE GODFATHER

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:57pm On May 17, 2016
what is wrong with yoruba people going up and down collecting money from where they didn't work?

u wan buy land.......omonile go collect money.
clear the grass......them wan collect money.
do foundation. ........them wan collect money.
roofing.........them wan collect money.
renovation........them wan collect money.
if u like hide pack sand for your house by 1:00am, them go show that moment say make u give them money.

I never see who lazy pass those set of useless yoruba agbero/omonile.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by eyeview: 10:00pm On May 17, 2016
I don't understand how a full grown man will sit at one corner smoking hemp and watching his fellow human work from morning till night and then stretch forth his hands to collect 'oouda',omonile,ground fee,etc.
Its still very strange to many other tribes and thus will always lead to clashes.
And this same tribe will look at the man working hard for his income and tell him 'you like money too much'.

49 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by HalfTruth: 10:07pm On May 17, 2016
I trust my Yoruba brothers to sit idly and form sophistication while jobless Ibo touts use multiple IDs to tarnish their image here.

Ibo man went to destroy Yoruba trader's items and Yorubas retaliated.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by HalfTruth: 10:08pm On May 17, 2016
I trust Yorubas to retaliate and put the lazy coward Ibos in their place. No story.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by ERockson: 10:11pm On May 17, 2016
See some fuuuls calling yoruba lazy when we all know drugs is their Surnames

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by ihitenansa: 10:12pm On May 17, 2016
youngnigga22:
Yelobars are indeed cowards grin grin instead of facing the ibos in d afternoon when they were destroying your mechanic village, u guys chose to go in d night to retaliate wen people will be sleeping . grin grin jst looking for d day one yell at man will chest beat for my face, I go beat am mercilessly
chai! grin

17 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:13pm On May 17, 2016
Soon they will start to Tax u for d air u breathe in dis Lagos. Sad grin

24 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by betterABIAstate: 10:13pm On May 17, 2016
HalfTruth:
I trust my Yoruba brothers to sit idly and form sophistication while jobless Ibo touts use multiple IDs to tarnish their image here.

Ibo man went to destroy Yoruba trader's items and Yorubas retaliated.

Yoruba is yet to retaliate, according to the report they said all yorubas fled and threatened to attack in the night, please tell me another instance for cowardice.

The day a Yoruba will attack Igbo in aba and Onitsha, say bye bye to your brothers down here, meanwhile tell your lazy touts to stop sorting for free money.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by ihitenansa: 10:15pm On May 17, 2016
HalfTruth:
I trust Yorubas to retaliate and put the lazy coward Ibos in their place. No story.
bleh!

Advice dem 2 go work!

Work is noble..

..And honestly. Rewarding

#sayno2agberoism#

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by HalfTruth: 10:17pm On May 17, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Yoruba is yet to retaliate, according to the report they said all yorubas fled and threatened to attack in the night, please tell me another instance for cowardice.

The day a Yoruba will attack Igbo in aba and Onitsha, say bye bye to your brothers down here, meanwhile tell your lazy touts to stop sorting for free money.

Where in the report did they say they fled? I pity noisemakers online instigating war their forefathers couldn't win. I wonder how many Fulanis you've sent packing from Iboland.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by jahrule: 10:19pm On May 17, 2016
I know something like this would happen one day since majority of igbo youth started seeing Kanu Nnamdi as their hero, but this is definitely not the end but beginning of the end of Igbo chest-beating. Just watch-out, I see mass murder of some people anytime from now. You that are celebrating because you because some people are endangering your lives but you don't know. We would see who will run to protest in street of London when what you have been asking for is given.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by HalfTruth: 10:20pm On May 17, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Why are these Yoruba agberos so lazy and bent on making free money, there's no free money anywhere, work and make money.

Make those Igbo boys knack their head very well.

This is how y'all claim South African blacks were lazy. Look in the mirror, the problem might be you. You keep instigating war in your host community.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by betterABIAstate: 10:22pm On May 17, 2016
HalfTruth:

Where in the report did they say they fled? I pity noisemakers online instigating war their forefathers couldn't win. I wonder how many Fulanis you've sent packing from Iboland.
I don't think you need owo omonile to be able to read a simple report. Shebi Yoruba's are strong and brave, oya go there and fight the Igbo boys na.

Hausa have kicked your ass in mile2, its the turn of igbos, soon ijaw, tiv and igala will have their share of kicking Yoruba asses.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by HalfTruth: 10:23pm On May 17, 2016
I noticed how the online clashes has turned physical and is now going offline since Nnamdi Kanu noisemaking on radio Biafra.

It's time for Yorubas to decide on how they're going to play this. Stop with the mute air of sophistication.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by betterABIAstate: 10:23pm On May 17, 2016
HalfTruth:

This is how y'all claim South African blacks were lazy. Look in the mirror, the problem might be you. You keep instigating war in your host community.
stop making noise, go to ladipo and let the Igbo guys understand that Lagos is not no man's land, I'm sure you are very brave.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by knightsTempler: 10:24pm On May 17, 2016
undecided
Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by HalfTruth: 10:25pm On May 17, 2016
betterABIAstate:
I don't think you need owo omonile to be able to read a simple report. Shebi Yoruba's are strong and brave, oya go there and fight the Igbo boys na.

Hausa have kicked your ass in mile2, its the turn of igbos, soon ijaw, tiv and igala will have their share of kicking Yoruba asses.

No where in the report did it say they ran.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 10:25pm On May 17, 2016
cheesy

halakaaaaa!!!
Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by HalfTruth: 10:26pm On May 17, 2016
betterABIAstate:
stop making noise, go to ladipo and let the Igbo guys understand that Lagos is not no man's land, I'm sure you are very brave.

I don't blame you. I blame the Yorubas buying your products. They're feeding you so that you can make noise online. Also the one Nigeria Yorubas are aiding your noisemaking.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by betterABIAstate: 10:26pm On May 17, 2016
HalfTruth:

No where in the report did it say they ran.

then stop ranting and head down to ladipo in defense of Lagos.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by betterABIAstate: 10:27pm On May 17, 2016
HalfTruth:

I don't blame you. I blame the Yorubas buying your products. They're feeding you so that you can make noise online. Also the one Nigeria Yorubas are aiding your noisemaking.
you can as well head to China and Europe to buy spare parts, shebi you are sophisticated.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) by HalfTruth: 10:29pm On May 17, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you can as well head to China and Europe to buy spare parts, shebi you are sophisticated.

Like I said, I don't blame you. I blame Yorubas that buy businesses from you.

Anytime they go to your shop to purchase from you, they're causing their own trouble.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Meets With World Tourism Organization In Spain / Buhari To Meet Donald Trump On April 29th, 2018, After His Medical Vacation / APC To Get New Chairman, NWC In November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.