Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government (3222 Views)

Ali Modu Sheriff Walks Out Of Goodluck Jonathan's Reconciliation Meeting / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform / Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by tolustx(m): 5:06am On May 18, 2016
NLC walks out of meeting with FG, begins strike today.

The leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress on Tuesday walked out of the meeting held with the representatives of the Federal Government, vowing to go ahead with its scheduled nationwide strike on Wednesday (today).
Representatives of the Trade Union Congress, who also attended the meeting, however, said the TUC would not join the strike.

NLC President, Aliyu Wabba, led the labour delegation while the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Babachir Lawal, led the Federal Government delegation at the talks held in the SGFโ€™s office in Abuja on Tuesday night.
After the meeting, Lawal said, โ€œThe National Industrial Court has given an injunction that no strike by NLC and TUC should hold tomorrow (Wednesday). It is therefore clear that anyone embarking on strike tomorrow (Wednesday) is doing so illegally and government is assuring all Nigerians to come out and do their jobs tomorrow (Wednesday).

โ€œIt the duty of government to provide security for her citizens and anyone who tries to coerce any worker to do their bidding would be made to face the law of the land. We had full cooperation with the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria and they said they are not going on strike. For them, it is a complete return to work tomorrow (Wednesday). It is not the same with the NLC however. They have two factions, one agreed completely with the position of the TUC.โ€

Source: http://www.punchng.com/nlc-walks-meeting-fg-begins-strike-today/
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by segmond(m): 5:10am On May 18, 2016
Ok
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by AWONEYAN(m): 5:22am On May 18, 2016
I only come to confirm if am going to work today or not.....

3 Likes

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by okezed: 5:34am On May 18, 2016
See hypocrite . so FG want people to obey court order

9 Likes

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by thunder74(m): 5:36am On May 18, 2016
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by Nobody: 5:41am On May 18, 2016
this country is in shambles
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by tyson99(m): 5:43am On May 18, 2016
Lobatan
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by dahmie2013: 5:44am On May 18, 2016
It is well! I kuku dey work already sef. How can u hold a whole country 2 ransom, wen u're not speaking in one voice?

1 Like

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by phemmie06(m): 5:49am On May 18, 2016
Let's the gidigbo begin, and let's see who go soon.
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by mckenzieRx: 6:06am On May 18, 2016
Watching in 4D...

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by olokpa11(m): 6:07am On May 18, 2016
okezed:
See hypocrite . so FG want people to obey court order
yet the court order pertaining some people in custody has not been obeyed by the federal government, Nigerians just keep selling out to the highest bidder, no moral compass.
If fuel is going to be 145, let's the minimum wage be increased, for those that keep saying nigeria buys the cheapest fuel, pls look at the minimum wages of the other countries and tell me if we as Nigerians gets that minimum wage, we won't mind buying fuel @200 self.
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by louqas: 6:10am On May 18, 2016
olokpa11:
yet the court order pertaining some people in custody has not been obeyed by the federal government, Nigerians just keep selling out to the highest bidder, no moral compass.
If fuel is going to be 145, let's the minimum wage be increased, for those that keep saying nigeria buys the cheapest fuel, pls look at the minimum wages of the other countries and tell me if we as Nigerians gets that minimum wage, we won't mind buying fuel @200 self.

Mention the court orders FG has disobeyed or forever remain quiet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by proeast(m): 6:14am On May 18, 2016
So the judiciary now dances to the tune of the executive, no more separation of powers? Well we are on a siddon look mode, Its better to sit on the fence now because this country don tire me.
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by babyfaceafrica: 6:23am On May 18, 2016
The road is very busy,nlc yansh!!!
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by omenka(m): 6:24am On May 18, 2016
Preparing to go to work as I type this. Would see the idiot that would come chase me out of my office. angry
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by viktagorion: 6:25am On May 18, 2016
Very irresponsible of labour to disobey court order.
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by IVORY2009(m): 6:27am On May 18, 2016
omenka:
Preparing to go to work as I type this. Would see the idiot that would come chase me out of my office. angry

Where do you work? Wat root do you take?

1 Like

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by tunwumi: 6:28am On May 18, 2016
This is not 2012 that NLC have say. The amount of distrust within themselves is big not to talk of outsiders
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by incomintop: 6:29am On May 18, 2016
Buhari
I will not obey court order on nnamdi KANU
But I will obey court order against nlc

1 Like

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by Sydney22: 6:31am On May 18, 2016
viktagorion:
Very irresponsible of labour to disobey court order.
you never called buhari irresponsible when he disobeyed court order to release kanu and dasuki

Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by Sydney22: 6:34am On May 18, 2016
omenka:
when you say ur office, do u mean Apc situation room?

4 Likes

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by omenka(m): 6:37am On May 18, 2016
IVORY2009:

Where do you work? Wat root do you take?
I take the tap-root.

Is this how you are going to live the rest of your life?? Won't you ever find something useful to do?? Your obsession with me is fast degenerating into something else. Just one week, over 30 mentions from you alone, all of which were ignored, yet you still trudge along with the hope of getting my attention.

Okay, I've replied you today- hope this fixes whatever it is that is wrong with you upstairs.

Find something doing fast young man.
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by omenka(m): 6:38am On May 18, 2016
Sydney22:
when you say ur office, do u mean Apc solution room?
Yeah, that is exactly what I mean. Expecting you people to come chase me out.
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by IVORY2009(m): 6:44am On May 18, 2016
omenka:
I take the tap-root.

Is this how you are going to live the rest of your life?? Won't you ever find something useful to do?? Your obsession with me is fast degenerating into something else. Just one week, over 30 mentions from you alone, all of which were ignored, yet you still trudge along with the hope of getting my attention.

Okay, I've replied you today- hope this fixes whatever it is that is wrong with you upstairs.

Find something doing fast young man.

Hello bro Omenka, or watever you call urself, permit me to ask you only this question, and the question is very very simple, are u in anyway related to Mr Lai Mohammed, the minister for information! You're a big liar....... 30 mention For dis I give up on you bro..

1 Like

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by joseph1832(m): 6:45am On May 18, 2016
I hope after this strike action, labor will take it upon themselves to hustle those companies that make the life of their workers, a living hell.

But this will be hoping for too much.
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by olokpa11(m): 6:55am On May 18, 2016
louqas:

Mention the court orders FG has disobeyed or forever remain quiet.
dasuki and nnamdi kanu sir
Lemme also help u with a link so that u won't be ignorant again.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/196564-falana-to-buhari-obey-the-courts-release-dasuki-nnamdi-kanu-immediately.html
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by olatade(m): 7:00am On May 18, 2016
One of the easiest way to make money by fooling people in Naija is to be a Labour leader. Accounts are never audited!
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by glamz007(m): 7:03am On May 18, 2016
mckenzieRx:
Watching in 4D...
hehehe. Dz pic tho

1 Like

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by allthingsgood: 7:04am On May 18, 2016
[s]
olokpa11:
yet the court order pertaining some people in custody has not been obeyed by the federal government, Nigerians just keep selling out to the highest bidder, no moral compass.[/s]

Which court order was disobeyed pls??
Dont talk trash
Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by pharmagba: 7:09am On May 18, 2016
mckenzieRx:
Watching in 4D...
Immediately light comes you better iron the remaining three or ignite your charcoal iron quickly. Halele to work.

1 Like

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by Burger01(m): 7:19am On May 18, 2016
Somewhere in Ibadan oh smiley

Re: NLC Walks Out Of Meeting With The Federal Government by olokpa11(m): 7:36am On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:
[s]

Which court order was disobeyed pls??
Dont talk trash

Would have asked u to scroll up and see the reply I gave ur fellow inmate, but i knw u can't read properly because if u do, u would have seen the exact answer to ur question. Lemme help you.

dasuki and nnamdi kanu sir
Lemme also help u with a link so that u won't be ignorant again.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/196564-falana-to-buhari-obey-the-courts-release-dasuki-nnamdi-kanu-immediately.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator George Sekibo Celebrates With Wike & His Supporters At Govt House(pics) / PDP's Bye-Election Victory In Oyo Puts APC On Edge (Old News) / BREAKING!!! Kalu Is Back To Nigeria โ€“ Father Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.