Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? (26618 Views)

Can You Eat This Dried Tomatoes? / Dried Tomatoes For Sale !!! / N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:45am On May 18, 2016
joseph1832:
You know of dried Tatashe? I seem you know your way round the kitchen? I love a woman who's a master in Kitchen Kung Fu. smiley
Of course, I know my way round the kitchen cheesy.. No be my mama born me cheesy?

I know Tatashe, and it's not tomatoes na undecided.. It's a red bell pepper.

The OP said dried (maybe, sun dried) fresh tomatoes undecided.. It's very rare, if not found in PH.
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by OlowoB(m): 9:46am On May 18, 2016
Joygalore:
Dried tomatoes

Weird undecided

Now,I see one of the reasons we've got sick people in that country called Nigeria angry

I repeat, this comment is an insult to all Nigerians at large. The person who made the comment is sick.

you can hide my comment again you biased mods.
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by delishpot: 9:47am On May 18, 2016
Oliviaarims:

If I get them dried myself, fine. That makes more sense. But the ones I usually see just look funny and inedible.

Well, food looking that way whether fresh or dried will not be safe for consumption. But the point I was trying to make is, dried ones are healthier than puree tin ones.
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by adeleke12345(m): 9:47am On May 18, 2016
as fresh tomato no dey, dried tomatoes no dey, make u cook rice chop am like that
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by Nobody: 9:47am On May 18, 2016
I've used it before and it came out nice. but it can never be compared to fresh tomatoes
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by lielbree: 9:48am On May 18, 2016
Joygalore:
Dried tomatoes

Weird undecided

Now,I see one of the reasons we've got sick people in that country called Nigeria angry
Sun dried tomato are actually quite delicious although not popular here in Nigeria
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by danxzy: 9:50am On May 18, 2016
my dear thats what i have been managing for past 2weeks now. it cant give you the taste like fresh tomatoes
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by Nobody: 9:54am On May 18, 2016
delishpot:

Well, food looking that way whether fresh or dried will not be safe for consumption. But the point I was trying to make is, dried ones are healthier than puree tin ones.

Yea...noted. Thanks. wink

1 Like

Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by mamaafrik(m): 9:54am On May 18, 2016
Haaaa,ayakatayariyarioooo,OP i saw it yestaniteooooo,it is gberefu in nature,he black like ehhhhn.ebi n paniyan ni juniyan.
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by Larasisi(f): 9:56am On May 18, 2016
Hmmm!! the drying process though! If you see the amount of flies feasting on it before it dries you will never go near it.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by GirlAfrik(f): 9:58am On May 18, 2016
Omotayor123:
Didn't know dried tomato exists, I haven't seen one before.
me too
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by oc2fish: 9:58am On May 18, 2016
Yes. Your stew will turn black.
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by dicapino: 10:05am On May 18, 2016
Yessoooo
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by Rexyl(m): 10:07am On May 18, 2016
delishpot:

It is healthier than the tin one. If you care for your health, avoid the tin one. Instead when you see cheap Fresh tomatoes buy them and dry them and pack in airtight container. They are 100% better than the tin puree one.
We plan to dry tomatoes and pack them for plan family use in off season.

Not true, you can dry it naturally in a room with good ventilation and away from direct sunlight. Use tomato with less juice and cut into chunks. Spread on a rack and allow to dry

dry tomatoes in a room, doing that must be during harmattan, it can't just be done successfully in humid areas

1 Like

Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by Hannysmilez(f): 10:07am On May 18, 2016
Dried tomatoes are cool. Been used to it since I was a kid,trust Mothers and awoof. Just soak it well and add enough onions before blending. You're good to go. Slightly darker stew but its not going to turn 'black'm

1 Like

Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by akinlhab(m): 10:10am On May 18, 2016
Yes oooooo MY neighbour used it
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by malaria(f): 10:11am On May 18, 2016
Yea is common in the north! though it has no taste
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by mysteryman2014: 10:12am On May 18, 2016
favouredon:
With the recent scarcity of tomato, after going up and down without getting good fresh tomatoes to buy, one of the tomato sellers told me to buy dried ones which she now sells.

I want to know, has anyone tried using d dried tomato? How does it taste? How is it prepared? Is there any difference in colour, taste etc with the fresh one?

Your contributions are highly welcomed. Thank you.

Shld ve snapped it for us to see
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by miqos02(m): 10:14am On May 18, 2016
ok
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by blessbunmi(f): 10:15am On May 18, 2016
Dried Tomato will only make your soup/stew black.The taste?? Not nice at all.
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by excomarow(m): 10:17am On May 18, 2016
favouredon:
With the recent scarcity of tomato, after going up and down without getting good fresh tomatoes to buy, one of the tomato sellers told me to buy dried ones which she now sells.

I want to know, has anyone tried using d dried tomato? How does it taste? How is it prepared? Is there any difference in colour, taste etc with the fresh one?

Your contributions are highly welcomed. Thank you.

Wait a minute let me ask my wife...

OooooOooo

She still bathing
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by Nobody: 10:20am On May 18, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Dried tomatoes?

Like the fresh tomatoes, dried?

Hearing this for the first time..

A picture will do wink..

Yeah!! We resorted to Ofe Akwu now..

I love the Ofe akwu wella, better than tomato stew even.
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by Rexyl(m): 10:21am On May 18, 2016
Joygalore:
Dried tomatoes

Weird undecided

... in that country called Nigeria. You can now dissociate self after all benefits tapped from the country starting from those days you were a small girl playing on bare floor with dirty pants.
Notwithstanding, you can still remember home and do your part.
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by tchiwinnie: 10:22am On May 18, 2016
I used it last week for the first time. span in hot water, and wash wt salt. It actually comes out thick after u blend. 100 naira worth will cook a sizeable pot of stew for u. Put plenty shombo and tatashi too to bring out d colour. Give it a try and let us know.
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by BrownShawty(f): 10:27am On May 18, 2016
Its nice..I use it
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by Omotayor123(f): 10:27am On May 18, 2016
Aminat508:
shocked where u dey live? Come to the city tongue grin

grin
Oh!! Tnx grin
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by teekay04: 10:28am On May 18, 2016
Yes, I have used it, so nice and not much different from the fresh ones. I can recommend it but just search for good ones, with bright colors not dark brown color.
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by joseph1832(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Of course, I know my way round the kitchen cheesy.. No be my mama born me cheesy?

I know Tatashe, and it's not tomatoes na undecided.. It's a red bell pepper.

The OP said dried (maybe, sun dried) fresh tomatoes undecided.. It's very rare, if not found in PH.
It seem I should be finding my way to your kitchen right now. I love a girl who can cook. grin wink

Frankly, I really haven't seen dried tomatoes, all I've seen is dried tatashe and dried atarodo. I'll really like the OP to upload a pic of it, so we can see and know...
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by DanielEdet(m): 10:38am On May 18, 2016
Somehwere right now, Jonathan will be like...

Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by stcharlie(m): 10:46am On May 18, 2016
Things r really bad.... Bought a custard rubber of tomatoes this morning.... . #2900....with plenty abeg here in pH.....
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by adeyemiayoblog: 10:49am On May 18, 2016
Hi Favouredon, nice article. I must confess I had to share it on my blog and I referenced you. Here is the link to the article. http://www.mysocialnaija.com/?p=13571

you can also whatsapp me for questions on 08164832269
Re: Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? by makdcash(m): 10:50am On May 18, 2016
Dried tomatoes shocked na wa e be like say na sambisa dat one dey stay......abeg come lagos cheesy cheesy

Aminat508:
shocked where u dey live? Come to the city tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time / Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? / How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.