Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,845 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? (26620 Views)

Why Is Suya Not Being Sold In The Day Time. / Why Is Suya Not Readily Available As Breakfast? / Why Is Corn Being Sold For N50? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by Beazy(f): 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sometimes I wonder why Suya is only sold in the evening & night. .Why??
I mean.. What if suya dey hungry me for morning chop nko?
Abeg suya sellers why be say na only evening una dey come out? – Anybody with good reason here? lol

27 Likes

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by baski92(m): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
Cos it takes time 4 d meat to get ready,,,, self night market na make sense pass

14 Likes

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by lirusehn(m): 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
smiley
Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
Lol..funny thread.
Have u not notice that they go get the meat in the morning, use the day to prepare it, and start selling at night?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by dryakson(m): 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
Na girls dey chop the meat while guys chop the onions...you want the drama to unfold in the day?

226 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by Olarewajub: 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
Over here in the South, suya is sold any time of the day. They normally hawk suya during the day using wheel barrow

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by EfemenaXY: 12:55am On Dec 01, 2014
Olarewajub:
Over here in the South, suya is sold any time of the day. They normally hawk suya during the day using wheel barrow

With flies buzzing madly around the meat.

The ones sold at night time as depicted in the pic above are healthier and safer. The meat's also fresher too.

33 Likes

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by SAMBARRY: 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
EfemenaXY:

With flies buzzing madly around the meat.

The ones sold at night time as depicted in the pic above are healthier and safer. The meat's also fresher too.
exactly and different hands touching it . both the one wey don use jand scratch nose, scratch anus, carry thrash go use that same hand touch suya with entourage of flies following it.

tuuuuuuuufffiiiiiaaaaa to the

kwa

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
Some of my foolish reasons :-

The raw meat is bought in the morning, it takes time to chop the neat to pieces before its being roasted/fried.

roasting the meat in the day time when there's sun will make the ab0ki to be more hostile cos of heat.

you the customer will notice easily in the day time that the ab0ki is dirty because he hasn't had the chance to bath after buying, dicing and roasting the meat.

ab0ki doesn't want you to notice that some of the meat is from dead chickens or vultures..

you the customer won't patronize him in the day time cos you'll be at work making money you'll use in buying the suya in the evening.

He gets more patronage in the evenings from fathers who want to buy suya for their wives and children at home (papa oyoyo things),

evening is the best time to drink beer after the day's stress.. And beer accompanied with suya dey make sense..

some men/guys use the suya to woo girls wey to like night waka.....

.....to be continued make I buy my own suya

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by bunmioguns(m): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
undecided
Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by salvatore007(m): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
Am too posh 2kno so ask d person below me
Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by Innodon(m): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
ask Mallam.
Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by paulworld(m): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
Because na night we dey go see our sister in the Lord. And when we are on special mission we try buying suya in order to expect something in return

16 Likes

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by chibwike(m): 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
Question for orunmila

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by pansophist(m): 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
Them de sell am for day time na,

1 Like

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by englishmart(m): 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
I don't know where you Stay op.
But over here in Abj. Especially at Banex/Emab plazas, suya selling knows no time.

It's sold afternoons and evenings...

Meanwhile, people normally come back from work in the evening. Mai suyas tend to get more sales then. That probably one of the reasons it's usually sold at nights.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
1. its more attractive in the night smiley

2. it wont get cold easily, cuz its in the night of course smiley

3. it is sweet at night smiley

4. the smell travels wider at night grin

5. it is somehow free from the dirt of the hustling and dust grin

6. because it is suya smiley

7. because it is suya smiley

and lastly because it is SSUUUUUYYYYAAAAA!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry

*runs out of thread, hitting head on the wall running*

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by chibwike(m): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
ouestion for orunmila.
Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by odepacy: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
Bcuz is nt a gud biz, ny biz trade by nite is nt gud biz
Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by spiceemman(m): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
The topic got me laughing already. But it's all about the long and hectic processes it takes in preparing the meat for what is eventually 'roasted'. wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by teadrake(m): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
from france where i dey observe nigeria situation,we knw get suya at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by englishmart(m): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
chibwike:
how is this rubbish relevant to the topic ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by neighbourhud: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
Visit any 'KARA' market and you will see it being sold in the day time.
Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by FlameZee(m): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
Simply bcoz of flies. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by holatin(m): 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
Ok
dont you know suya eating spirit dont cum out in the afternoon

4 Likes

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by Ninilowo(m): 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
Walahi e dey wonder me too.

1 Like

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by monemsis(m): 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
See Question,would you wanna roast meat from morning to night? We live in the tropics,its hot here .It has always been available in the evenings ,make we leave am like that
Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by teemanbastos(m): 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
.na hausa ppu dy sell Suya and in d day na cow dem qo dy take go eat....xo dy go flexing with cows in d day and cum bak 2 sell suya in d night,moreso, during d day,suya no dy sweet na shawarma.

1 Like

Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by ahmed486: 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
Because at night is when they get most customers cause that's when people are coming back from work and they wish to relax from days hassle and treat themselves well.
Teacher I pass the jamb question grin

HEARTLESS: Food Vendor Chops Off Maid’s Finger For Allegedly Stealing Meat
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/crime/item/1817-heartless-food-vendor-chops-off-maid-s-finger-for-allegedly-stealing-meat
Re: Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? by chibwike(m): 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
englishmart:
how is this rubbish relevant to the topic ?
Lol....u wan do ur own back ba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Cook Edikaikon Soup / Pls How Can I Make My Cake More Soft/fluffy / Picture Of A Nairaland Addict Cooking Food For His Lovely Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.