Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW (21598 Views)

How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) / Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage / Darkness Looms As Genco’s Collapse Imminent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by idupaul: 1:19pm On May 18, 2016
Mikehell:
So far it is till raining and the weather is cool at night, Fashola,DISCo,NNPC,NLC and co can jump into the lagoon for all i care cool

What i know is,if una no gree give us light and NDA are blowing up pipeline: All of una join no fit control the weather and stop God from pouring it down.....

But they keep bringing in the estimate bills at the end of the month
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by pizonewave: 1:20pm On May 18, 2016
This our Minister of Darkness sef....... well we haven't had power for well over 3 weeks so this wont be anything new. hmmmm sharpening my cutlass waiting for the NEPA guy who comes with outrageous estimated bills! Lol
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Edgarated(m): 1:20pm On May 18, 2016
Nelkoko:
Buhari
bros, abeg that thing na "abakaliki" rice? grin
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by idupaul: 1:21pm On May 18, 2016
iceberylin:
I have uninterrupted light since yesterday....

Please what model of generator are you using ..sounds durable

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by rhymaster: 1:21pm On May 18, 2016
Nigerians (militants and terrorists) bomb and sabotage pipelines and the same Nigerians (usually from the SE and sometimes SS) jubilate as they sabotage Buhari and his government to make him look bad, but are crying at the same time that there is no power! Who is fooling who? If you can bomb the pipeline and jubilate, you can as well remain in darkness! I am having power 48 X 7 here but there are no lunatics sabotaging power infrastructure over here! Nigerians keep wishing to have power like SA (40,000 MW) but SA kept adding capacity while Nigerians keep reducing capacity by destruction. If you continue like this, you will never have good power supply and will live an under-fulfilled life in an under-performing economy. You cannot get enough money in such a poor economy and live the excellent standards of life like in the countries you love to use as comparison. Anyways, as you lay your bed so shall you lie on it!

Rather than deregulate just fuel, the government should make power the responsibilities of state government or regions. Let Bayelsa and the rest of the SS keep destroying power and gas infrastructure while living in darkness but you will never be allowed to travel out of your dark caves to the SW that is generating power from hydro, oil and gas from Ondo and Lagos and solar power. Same with the SEasterners. Let backward people live in their darkness by all means!

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 18, 2016
[Even the rain no gree fall again, nature dey vex for us.quote author=Mikehell post=45733915]So far it is till raining and the weather is cool at night, Fashola,DISCo,NNPC,NLC and co can jump into the lagoon for all i care cool

What i know is,if una no gree give us light and NDA are blowing up pipeline: All of una join no fit control the weather and stop God from pouring it down.....[/quote]
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Ichliebedich(f): 1:23pm On May 18, 2016
wailing:
no light here in Enugu for 2days now cry
As in ehn they didn't event flash the light and give us hope
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by deeway200(m): 1:26pm On May 18, 2016
Darkness looms? What an understatement, there is already darkness
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by glogirlie(f): 1:26pm On May 18, 2016
No lyt here also since yestaday morning... Tinking how to charge nw
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 18, 2016
Chosen1984:
SO FUNNY! WHAT OTHER DARKNESS ARE WE EXPECTING? WE HAVE BEING IN DARKNESS SINCE MAY 1!! ABI UNA WAN CLOSE THE SUNLIGHT?
lmao!
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by alabiyemmy(m): 1:33pm On May 18, 2016
Is Buhari's body odor no more working? Or he is now spraying some cheap a.boki perfumes?
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Hibiscuss(m): 1:34pm On May 18, 2016
thereturnoflucy:
This is epic....South Africa generates over 40,000 mega watts....well soon we would know APC is shit. And not as good as or better that the thrives in PDP.

We need a new breed of politicians in Nigeria not all this scoundrels and pillagers..

A new and unique website developed from scratch by a nairalander. Kindly click below to checkout.

www.kikiotolu.com

Nice website, cool theme.
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 18, 2016
otukpo:
Our minister of darkness said we should stop hugging transformers.

But it looks like we are moving from hugging to sleeping on the transformers.
I just imagine how many hours PMB dey take sleep daily considering all these Nigeria problems ranging from Subsidy, Looted funds, Strike action, Power failure, Militancy, Saraki wahala etc. E no easy oooo

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Samdee12: 1:48pm On May 18, 2016
iceberylin:
I have uninterrupted light since yesterday....

which light candle or generator define it plz
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by gagewonda(m): 1:50pm On May 18, 2016
ive stopped subscribing my DSTV since i dont hav light to watch tv for d past one week i hav nt set my eyes on electricity in my house in amuwo odofin for up to 1hr. maybe dey flash it wen im at work though i wouldnt knw bt dis is very very bad
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Evalily(f): 1:52pm On May 18, 2016
its possible they have light in their area, some places still dey enjoy light even with the drop in power supply,
but the only problem be say with the way power dey drop..very soon we will be left with 0000MW sad cry
cktheluckyman:

bros abeg take am sofily with your lies (
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by klax(m): 1:52pm On May 18, 2016
Incompetent leader with incompetent ministers. Now where are those APC profilers who came here to droped loads of thrash to justify all thsee incompetent buffons

Now let Fashola show his swag Mr minister of mouth.

Amaechi where is that your cooked crooked CV

Fayemi where are you

Madam non existing finance minister a paper and biro finance minister where are your swags

Infact Nigeria will ends up at 800mw when a country voted to put square peg in round hole let's keep enjoying it. Yippy yippy CHANJI" Una never see anything yet. The pains is for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Fundango: 1:54pm On May 18, 2016
otukpo:

I tell you my sister you re right. grin
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by cktheluckyman: 1:54pm On May 18, 2016
rhymaster:
Nigerians (militants and terrorists) bomb and sabotage pipelines and the same Nigerians (usually from the SE and sometimes SS) jubilate as they sabotage Buhari and his government to make him look bad, but are crying at the same time that there is no power! Who is fooling who? If you can bomb the pipeline and jubilate, you can as well remain in darkness! I am having power 48 X 7 here but there are no lunatics sabotaging power infrastructure over here! Nigerians keep wishing to have power like SA (40,000 MW) but SA kept adding capacity while Nigerians keep reducing capacity by destruction. If you continue like this, you will never have good power supply and will live an under-fulfilled life in an under-performing economy. You cannot get enough money in such a poor economy and live the excellent standards of life like in the countries you love to use as comparison. Anyways, as you lay your bed so shall you lie on it!

Rather than deregulate just fuel, the government should make power the responsibilities of state government or regions. Let Bayelsa and the rest of the SS keep destroying power and gas infrastructure while living in darkness but you will never be allowed to travel out of your dark caves to the SW that is generating power from hydro, oil and gas from Ondo and Lagos and solar power. Same with the SEasterners. Let backward people live in their darkness by all means!

BROS ABEG EASY WITH YOUR LIES!!! WHICH SOLAR AND HYDRO POWER DE LAGOS? WHO IS SUPPOSSED TO TPROTECT THE PIPELINES IN THE FIRST PLACE? BUHARI IS JUST PLAIN INCOMPETENT AND NOTHING MORE
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by guru03(m): 1:56pm On May 18, 2016
We were managing with small devil Jona with about 5mega watts till big devil Buhari come with about 2mega watts even zero some times, it's only God that will deliver us from this chains.......
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by enny09: 2:01pm On May 18, 2016
after this government increase electricity tarrif still no light and i pay more at the end of the month, now they have also increase petrol price, i just cant trust this govt anymore.
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Blitzeee(m): 2:02pm On May 18, 2016
You say what?

Even when the water level is increasing?

Waiting for an official statement from the President or the Minister of Power, or is he asleep?
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by EmekaBlue(m): 2:04pm On May 18, 2016
Thats Y d rate of unwanted pregnancy has increased in d country...It all starts when she goes to charge her phone and gadgets at d dude house burning generator...D way d guyz even pull off girlz panties these dayz..u will think they r trying to start their generator..

Buhari is a curse and an early failure...Tufiakwa
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by scachy(m): 2:09pm On May 18, 2016
otukpo:

grin grin
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Myself2(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2016
Jirate:

Some of Buhari’s Hench Men were made Ministers just to avoid EFCC Prosecution, they are Simply Incompetent. cool cool cool

[size=18pt]Where is the minister of darkness[/size]
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by Hengineer: 2:16pm On May 18, 2016
Evil elements in the country are doing a very good job at sabotaging electricity. Just this morning, an Agip gas pipeline was blown up and I just can't help but wonder, what benefit is there to blow up gas pipelines?... It will not stop oil production and it will not directly impact on the nation's revenue from oil as oil operators would simply just switch to flaring the gas they produce.

The only casualty from bombing gas pipelines as far as Nigeria is concerned is our power stations, PHCN is the main casualty and it is all Nigerians that suffer from the darkness from the power outages. So once again I ask, if not for just sabotaging government or to ensure that Nigeria remains in perpetual darkness, to what benefit do these people blow up gas pipelines?

A curious twist about this is that even during the days of GEJ with all the billions being paid to the creek boys, oil pipelines were hardly sabotaged but it was a recurring case for gas pipelines to be blown thereby ensuring that Nigeria never attained stable power supply. To me, this has nothing to do with niger delta struggle, this is just a case of a demonic cabal holding the nation in perpetual darkness. The former power minister was right when he referred to this cabal as witches and wizards, but he failed to tame them. Can the present administration tame the witches?... The chances are very bleak especially as we even now have people supporting the witches and wizards because they think it is buhari that is being punished.
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by JESUSMYLOVE(m): 2:17pm On May 18, 2016
Buhari wot have we don to deserve all these...... cry
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by thereturnoflucy(m): 2:19pm On May 18, 2016
Hibiscuss:

Nice website, cool theme.

Thanks....much love....
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by JESUSMYLOVE(m): 2:21pm On May 18, 2016
free2ryhme:
which darkness ??

when we are already in darkness

I dont understand again ooo
br0s the mata carry weight
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by psalmistkakah(m): 2:25pm On May 18, 2016
Allah kwa....one week tomrrow no light in katsina state
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by dallyemmy: 2:27pm On May 18, 2016
Nigeria needs to look for alternative sources of power apart from fossil fuel. We need to commence the nuclear power plant. The nation signed agreement with Rostov of Russia. The militant vandalism of pipelines impact should be reduced to that of environment only.

The journey to the future we desire starts today!
Re: Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW by 18SNVL: 2:30pm On May 18, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Block #bringbackourgirls Protesters From Entering Presidential Villa / Dapo Abiodun Rolls Out Palliative Measures In Ogun State / Court Asked To Postpone General Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.