Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed (30721 Views)

"Buhari Is Seriously Sick, Cabals Have Hijacked His Government" – Olu Adegboruwa / We Increased Fuel Price Because Nigeria’s Broke — LAI MOHAMMED / Minister Says Nigeria Is Broke: Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 18, 2016
The Federal Government has raised the alarm that Nigeria is broke and her economy shrinking.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said this on Wednesday while fielding questions on the new fuel pricing regime shortly after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The minister said the hike in the price of petroleum from N86.50 to N145 "is not about subsidy removal. It is about the fact that Nigeria is broke. Simple!...The economy is shrinking."

He also restated the government's complaint that there was no foreign exchange to import fuel.

Details later...

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-is-broke-fg/147263.html#gm30idtVSHBtHqST.99

2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by ajebuter(f): 3:17pm On May 18, 2016
Minister for Egungun Affairs at it again

Make I laugh wella!

grin grin grin grin grin

214 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by ERONX(m): 3:20pm On May 18, 2016
A new word has been included into the Oxford dictionary Buhari which simply means Failure. For example, I will never try to be a Buhari or I will never be a failure

115 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by scribble: 3:28pm On May 18, 2016
But you want #14 milla to tour China

Thunder fire your mama

Ole oshi buruku yii

311 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by mbaboy(m): 3:35pm On May 18, 2016
This man don come with his lies again......another name for Lia Mohammed is lies personified

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:39pm On May 18, 2016
I don't know why I find it hard to believe whatever that comes out of this man mouth. Can someone please tell me why? We are broke but our senators receive the highest amount in the whole world? . We are broke but our senators bought jeep worth 36million Naira each? We are broke but you lie wants to junket to China? We are broke but the president keeps traveling? I cry deep inside my heart when I see lies coming out of this administration. No light, no job, no Money, increase in fuel price, price of everything has skyrocketed, still you lie is not afraid to keep lying to Nigerians. I am not a politician, just wanna voice out my feelings.

160 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by Amanwulu1(m): 3:46pm On May 18, 2016
I think he said dis soberly. Let me take it wit a pinch of potash.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by raker300: 3:46pm On May 18, 2016
All the supposed recovered money nko? Don't tell me that they're magicians in Buhari's govt too

No wonder you need 13 million to go and flex in China..guy man

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by chukslawrence(m): 3:48pm On May 18, 2016
Seriously broke ko Fantastically broke ni! Me and Lie Mohammed, i no no who lie pass self.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by donwilly3: 3:51pm On May 18, 2016
The only truth from dese man's mouth so far. To tell u dart Apc don't have plans, dey never foresaw dat Crude Oil would soon fall, d major reason dey were giving empty promises. Now dey can't fulfill just one promise. But d good News z dat dey have started seeing dart dey can't lie forever

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by hamzia(m): 3:52pm On May 18, 2016
finally him Don talk turu for once

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by Peacetemi: 3:52pm On May 18, 2016
Even though it sounds like the truth I still dont believe him

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by anigbajumo(m): 3:52pm On May 18, 2016

See the mouth of that bastard like that of vulture.........

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by opius: 3:52pm On May 18, 2016
Only God knows when he will stop lying

141 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by ngmgeek(m): 3:52pm On May 18, 2016
Appointing an incoherent man to head the information ministry is a huge mistake.

He just can't stop lying!

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by czaratwork: 3:52pm On May 18, 2016
lie lie, see im mouth. he says the opposite of what is obtainable meaning that nigeria is so rich

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 3:52pm On May 18, 2016
cry
Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by donsteady(m): 3:52pm On May 18, 2016
Why is he telling us? we warned Bubu to emphases on economy of the nation but he said he want to use all his strength to fight corruption. Now you come tell to us that Nigeria is broke?

By the way bubu how many looters Have you jailed so far ? How much have you recovered? You said Abacha did not steal any money, but America said they will send Abacha's looted funds back to us, What would you tell us thereafter? NDA I blowing up oil installations, Falani's are killing innocent citizens. You are selling dollars to your Realests at $1=199, and your Surests at $1=295 and we the massis at $1=345.

I think is high time we force bubu to tell us how he intent to fix the mess he created. Click like if you agree with me

111 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by gerryka: 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
This is not the change many Nigerians voted for

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by macaranta(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
Lai again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by sureinfo: 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
No wonder you wanted N13m to travel to China..
The country is broke but price of things in the market is skyrocketing..

How will the common man survive.?

Well thanks to Nairaland I was able to buy food for me and my family from a nairalander.

Just as price of gala didn't increase his own too didn't increase... And I hope it remains that way..

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by Christian129(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
Liar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by VocalWalls: 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
But they can buy cars?

What the masses suffer in Nigeria is more than the slaves did during the slave era.

That my fore-father that hid in the bush when they were picking slaves, may he not rest in peace as I am not resting in this country.

I could have been balling with kanye by now, or I could have even been kanye.

All he had to do was take some harsh strokes... angry

Coward!

www.vocalwalls.com fix what you should.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by dhardline(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
And yet you needed has high as 10million naira just for a trip to china?
See ur life

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by gglimited: 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
kai,this man must be stupid... ..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by dukie25: 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
Under Jonathan/NOI Nigerian economy was growing at 2% yearly, under Bubu it is shrinking.
Buhari have finally achieved something in life, he will be remembered as the leader who made Nigeria broke, what an achievement.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by YoursGEJ(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
NOI told us to brace for tougher times ahead 2 years ago when crude oil was selling at $75 per barrel. Now it is selling for half that price

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

All of you castigating PMB should tell us what the PMB government has done wrong with the meagre FX reserve they met. Did they embezzle it? NO. Should they deplete it completely to import fuel at N86? What will happen after the foreign reserves are at $0? It will be complete chaos. And your lot will still blame PMB

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by damton(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
ok
Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by Isoni(m): 3:54pm On May 18, 2016
Breaking News

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by Nixiepie(f): 3:54pm On May 18, 2016
LMAO,......oya continue mr liar

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed by lancdoz: 3:54pm On May 18, 2016
Any information coming out of this man mouth is a lie. Big time LIE

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Momoh: "If Fulanis Are Killers, Igbos Are Armed Robbers, Yorubas 419ners" / We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari / Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.