Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? (3565 Views)

Micheal Ogbizi Is Abia New Commissioner Of Police / The Lai Constant And Lai-o-meter / Is Abia State Really Worse Than Ebonyi State Of South-east...argue With Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Nobody: 10:30am On May 19, 2016
I visited Umuahia for a wedding last week and observed that Umuahia the Abia Capital do enjoy quite a stable power supply.
Like up to 15-20hours a day in the town.
Many times it is all night till 4pm the next day.
Why is it like that? Is it low population or what?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Nobody: 10:33am On May 19, 2016
Mynd44, sweetheart, you know what to do na? *winks*
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Olasco93: 10:38am On May 19, 2016
That's one of IPOB Centre of Commerce...
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by fiizznation: 10:52am On May 19, 2016
Is there anything like Abia state electricity power supply{ASEPS}? This I don't know but what I know was there was a kind of dispute between Enugu disco and one geometric{Don't know if is a disco} over one Aba power generation. At some point, the governor{abia state} said something like reactivating one geometric power project which has reached its advance stage. Maybe the governor has fulfilled his promise and that might likely be the reason why umuahia is getting the 15-20hrs electricity a day
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Nobody: 11:01am On May 19, 2016
Olasco93:
That's one of IPOB Centre of Commerce...
lol. Ipob kwa? They wil come 4 ur head now.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Kyase(m): 11:07am On May 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Same with Benue, sometimes i wondered if the MW drop i do read here is true.
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by EzePromoe: 11:14am On May 19, 2016
Double post
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by EzePromoe: 11:15am On May 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I visited Umuahia for a wedding last week and observed that Umuahia the Abia Capital do enjoy quite a stable power supply.
You probably went to the GRA areas or areas connected on the same grid as the GRA. It's like that in every state, especially in LG headquarters and GRA.
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Nobody: 11:58am On May 19, 2016
same thing in Uyo, Calabar Itu rd has more light almost all the time, at time they give for a week without blinking
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Abagworo(m): 11:59am On May 19, 2016
Kyase:

Same with Benue, sometimes i wondered if the MW drop i do read here is true.

Same with Rivers. I've been enjoying improved power since 2015.
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Kyase(m): 12:03pm On May 19, 2016
Abagworo:

But alot of complains coming from that side, but why?
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Thewrath(m): 12:12pm On May 19, 2016
Even in anambra(awka),though no stable light yet but there are no cues at the fuel stations,unlike Abeokuta I just left 2 days ago,no fuel even if you want to buy at #200 per liter!
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by buharisbae(f): 12:29pm On May 19, 2016
go and work on the cleanliness
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by kenny1795(m): 12:30pm On May 19, 2016
I couldnt agree more. My parents stay in Aba and the have a decent hour of electricity and faults are quickly fixed too

1 Like

Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by SycophanticGoat: 12:39pm On May 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:

The hustle is real out here... undecided
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by SycophanticGoat: 12:40pm On May 19, 2016
buharisbae:
go and work on the cleanliness

Go and use your pic as DP... cheesy
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 19, 2016
kenny1795:
I couldnt agree more. My parents stay in Aba and the have a decent hour of electricity and faults are quickly fixed too
you are correct.
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 19, 2016
Abagworo:

which part of Rivers?
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 19, 2016
Thewrath:
Even in anambra(awka),though no stable light yet but there are no cues at the fuel stations,unlike Abeokuta I just left 2 days ago,no fuel even if you want to buy at #200 per liter!
wow. Thats cool
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
maybe phcnnor enugu disco been dey run gen for you guys....cos in World bank which is actually the major housing estate in umuahia electricity is pathetic,even my office in the new secretariat,its worse...prolly luck just shined on you during ur stay...dont be quick to praise em,na f*ck up people them be.
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by authorMOSES(m): 2:10pm On May 19, 2016
Op.u are right my wife just came back from a 2days visit to aba&she just told me how she enjoyed light 4d 2days she spent at agbor hill aba!!here in rukuba rd jos we only enjoy light at d maximum10>12hours a day.sometimes as low as 4>6hours a day.
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 19, 2016
authorMOSES:
Op.u are right my wife just came back from a 2days visit to aba&she just told me how she enjoyed light 4d 2days she spent at agbor hill aba!!here in rukuba rd jos we only enjoy light at d maximum10>12hours a day.sometimes as low as 4>6hours a day.
ya. I observed constant light in Abia.
God bless ur family.
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by naijacampu(m): 3:39pm On May 19, 2016
Because Abia State contribute heavily to national power grid. For an unknown reason, Abia State is underrated in Nigeria. I am from Anambra but I respect Abia State a lot.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Scholes007(m): 4:15pm On May 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Op you should have said Aba (which is just 6 lga out of 17) or umuahia metropolis. The 7-8 lga outside the metropolis suffers some degree of power outage depending on how close the are to the metro. As for the population, Abia is has a very large population and power consumption rate, that is the reason for close to 700mw aba ipp. .
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Abagworo(m): 4:19pm On May 19, 2016
Kyase:
But alot of complains coming from that side, but why?
Which side?
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by louqas: 4:19pm On May 19, 2016
fiizznation:
Is there anything like Abia state electricity power supply{ASEPS}? This I don't know but what I know was there was a kind of dispute between Enugu disco and one geometric{Don't know if is a disco} over one Aba power generation. At some point, the governor{abia state} said something like reactivating one geometric power project which has reached its advance stage. Maybe the governor has fulfilled his promise and that might likely be the reason why umuahia is getting the 15-20hrs electricity a day

Next time be sure of information you post ,you post as if you are not sure of what you are saying

1 Like

Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by ayzTIGER: 4:22pm On May 19, 2016
Power is also stable here in Onitsha. We go like 21 to 22 hours a day.
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by chiefobdk(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2016
fiizznation:

geometric is a private generation company owned by Barth nnaji. the former minister of power.

the mistake Nigeria made was allowing Barth nnaji to resign as minister.
light improved drastically during his tenure.

d fight between geometric and enugu power owned by emeka offor... is over who will supply Aba.

geometric has d capacity to deliver uninterrupted power supply to Abia state and port harcourt currently

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by Ojiofor: 8:09pm On May 19, 2016
If you live in Agbama housing estate area you will enjoy light between 15 to 18 hours daily ıt has always been like that.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by mrvitalis(m): 8:39pm On May 19, 2016
chiefobdk:

geometric is a private generation company owned by Barth nnaji. the former minister of power.

the mistake Nigeria made was allowing Barth nnaji to resign as minister.
light improved drastically during his tenure.

d fight between geometric and enugu power owned by emeka offor... is over who will supply Aba.

geometric has d capacity to deliver uninterrupted power supply to Abia state and port harcourt currently
That man knew what he was doing and I thought Buhari would have reappointed him
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by fedorahat: 8:47pm On May 19, 2016
Here in my area of p.h same applies
Re: Why Is Abia State Electric Power Supply So Constant And Stable? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:30pm On May 19, 2016
Anticorruption:
same thing in Uyo, Calabar Itu rd has more light almost all the time, at time they give for a week without blinking
And they will still say PMB no try!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: South South May Get Presidency / Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China / Why Are South West Apc Supporters Mostly The Ones Against Obaseki's Re-election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.