Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? (2785 Views)

Davido: Why Wizkid And I Settled Our ‘Beef’ Of Many Years / Wizkid Receives ASCAP Award For Writing Drake's One Dance / Wizkid To Seyi Shay "Shut Up", after she said 'One Dance' was his (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 19, 2016
Congrats to the baba nla himself, wizkid, as he takes the game up a notch and away from being a naija artiste that features a US musician to being one featured by a US musician, Drake.

But something I find quite disturbing is that his own part in the song sounds rough, low and not clear. It sounds way below what an old Nokia phone's voice recorder can record. It sounded almost like they didn't want him on the track, cos I could hardly recognise his voice. I listened to the song umpteen times but couldn't figure out his part. I finally realised that the low and rough sounding part must be wizkid's cos Drake's voice was very unique and can't be mistaken for someone else's.

Well, to be quite sure, I went online to check the lyrics, and yes I was right. That part belongs to wizkid. But why did they make his voice sound so awful, rough and low?

Well, below are the lyrics in Drake's part and wizkid's. Compare and draw your conclusion.

DRAKE

Strength and guidance
All that I'm wishing for my friends »
Nobody makes it from my ends
I had to bust up the silence »
You know you gotta stick by me
Soon as you see the text, reply me
I don't wanna spend time fighting
We've got no time »

CHORUS

And that's why I need a one dance
Got a Hennessy in my hand
One more time 'fore I go
Higher powers taking a hold on me
I need a one dance
Got a Hennessy in my hand
One more time 'fore I go
Higher powers taking a hold on me »

WIZKID

Got a pretty girl and she love me long time
Wine it, wine it, very long time
Oh yeah, very long time
Back up, back up, back up and wine it
Back up, back up and wine it, girl
Back up, back up, back up and wine it
Oh yeah, very long time
Back, up, back up and wine it, girl

I guess the reason why they reduced the volume of wizkid's part is simply because he went there with the Naija mentality of...

..."wine, wine, wine, shake, shake, roll, wine" grin

he made no sense.

pure crap.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by Nichobabe(m): 3:35pm On May 19, 2016
I need to listen to the song before I decide
Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by itstpia8: 3:36pm On May 19, 2016
Post the audio clip.
Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 19, 2016
itstpia8:
Post the audio clip.
google "one dance" by Drake featuring wizkid and Kyla.

you won't hear wizkid's voice unless you strain your ears. grin

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by kayspark27(m): 3:54pm On May 19, 2016
op ur ryt,i guess dats y they kept his verse of d song low,
because deres notin really sensible on wat he sang dere ,i ve listened to d song over n over again..to me wizkid has no lyrics again..it was when he did his first album "star boy" dat he really had gud lyrics ,and one thing bout nigerian singers they all claim to be songwriters wit deir wack lyrics..we ave very frw song writers here in nigeria,..buh because of pride they wuldnt want to meet a good song writer for gud lyrics n pay for d sing.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by waxxydude: 3:54pm On May 19, 2016
Some niqqas would bust in here and say yo hating. Man can't speak the truth again.

Buh the nitty-gritty is, atleast he was recognised. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by CaroLyner(f): 4:02pm On May 19, 2016
runs to download it*
Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 19, 2016
r U for real
Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 19, 2016
waxxydude:
Some niqqas would bust in here and say yo hating. Man can't speak the truth again.

Buh the nitty-gritty is, atleast he was recognised. grin grin
thats just the problem with silly Nigerians-they always take criticism as hating.
Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by kingDELE(m): 8:07pm On May 19, 2016
So huna beliv say wizkid was featured on dat track?? Oyo b huna case.. .

God bless wizkid .

Bt he wasn't featured on dat track
Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 19, 2016
see haters everywere, wizkid co wrote and co produced the song, and why are you saying '"whine"' is naija mentallity .... u must be high on kunu and zobo
Re: Is This The Reason Why Wizkid's Voice Didn't Sound Well In Drake's "One Dance"? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 20, 2016
simplyUmbo:
see haters everywere, wizkid co wrote and co produced the song, and why are you saying '"whine"' is naija mentallity .... u must be high on kunu and zobo
when they say he co-wrote the song, that is only because of his part- meaning he has nothing to do with rest of the song.

co-producing also means he is among those that put the song together, not part of those that produced the instrumental.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce And Solange Pay Tribute To Yoruba Godess Osun Nd Yemaja With Costume/per / My Prayer Warrior, Keeper Of All My Secrets-- Alex Ekubo Gushes About His Mum / Nollywood Actress Simon Evia Flaunts Her Massive Bumbum On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.