Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? (531 Views)

Yobe Governor, Gaidam, Visits Dapchi, Says No Girl Rescued / Photos Of Salomi Pogu, The Chibok Girl Rescued Today / Another Chibok Girl Rescued With Baby (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? by cooltobex(m): 6:33am On May 20, 2016
As reported by Punch: "TWO days after the rescue of one of the 200 schoolgirls
abducted from the Chibok community in Borno State,
another schoolgirl was rescued on Thursday night.
Army authorities, who broke the news of the second rescued schoolgirl, said more details about the operation would beprovided later." - www.punchng.com
----
First thoughts
Are you curious that from almost out of nowhere the elusive Chibok girls who had been MIA for two years are being found?
Or thrilled that finally the army are making progress and the kids get to be reunited with their families after an oh-so-long time?

I'm feeling a bit of both, honestly.

I'm curious because I'm meaning to ask: why have the military not been able to comb the dreaded Sambisa forest to free these girls and others held hostage all this while? I don't want to sound pessimistic but what was behind the delay?

On the other hand, I'm thrilled at the news! Finally, the girls get a new lease of life, away from sinister terrorists who probably had made life a hellish experience! Can't imagine the horror they've beheld! Can't imagine, really!
And for the parents of the so-far rescued girls, what joy! What elation! Their joy will know no bounds!

Questions, questions and more questions - that's all we gat!
What do you think efolks? Curious? Thrilled? A bit of both like me? Or simply indifferent?
----
More inspired thoughts @ www.stillsmallvoiceblog..com
Do give it a visit.
Re: Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? by ministeriallist: 6:36am On May 20, 2016
Re: Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? by tbagjames(m): 6:39am On May 20, 2016
Am just ashamed of this government and the seasonal movie we have been forced to watch
Re: Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? by otukpo(f): 6:39am On May 20, 2016
This is called drama and we are watching.
Re: Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? by Nobody: 6:41am On May 20, 2016
Well, a little bit of both... more like warm milk..

But i just asked myself... the Nigerian army have been in that forest for two years now?..

Hmmmm... milk getting cold...

Another thought.... with the amount of lies & propaganda...

My milk is frozen...
cry
Re: Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? by cooltobex(m): 6:49am On May 20, 2016
Esseite:
Well, a little bit of both... more like warm milk..

But i just asked myself... the Nigerian army have been in that forest for two years now?..

Hmmmm... milk getting cold...

Another thought.... with the amount of lies & propaganda...

My milk is frozen...
cry

I feel you brother, but I'm trying not to be hasty in my judgment. I say we give this government a chance and support them as best as we can. Hopefully, they succeed; and if they do it won't be a victory for APC, but a victory for Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? by cooltobex(m): 6:50am On May 20, 2016
tbagjames:
Am just ashamed of this government and the seasonal movie we have been forced to watch

Why do you feel ashamed of this government?
Re: Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? by eyeview: 7:09am On May 20, 2016
May 29 is around the corner and the govt needs atleast an achievement to broadcast,other than Buhari put his own sugar in his own tea as a sign of humility

3 Likes

Re: Another Chibok Girl Rescued: Are You Curious Or Thrilled? by ayemerbarth: 7:38am On May 20, 2016
eyeview:
May 29 is around the corner and the govt needs atleast an achievement to broadcast,other than Buhari put his own sugar in his own tea as a sign of humility
u get sense wella

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: House Of Lords, UK Appreciate And Honour Chief Mrs Bola Amole / PHOTO: 13 Year Old Nigerian Boy Goes Missing In The UK / Nigeria And Niger Delta: Which Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.