Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? (38531 Views)

Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution. / Entrepreneurship Is Overrated! A Better Approach To Unemployment / Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by lovemaths(f): 7:47am On May 23, 2016
yes
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by Youngetskilz23(m): 8:06am On May 23, 2016
Osgilliat:

Wetin this one dey talk? What is the act of buying and selling called? Some folks just like turning things upside down.
Importing watches and other stuffs is risk taking and that's one of the features of an entrepreneur.
bros wrist watch is not important. he is talking about something like tomatoes. lol. atleast now thats 5 tomatoes goes for 4hundred naira. once you u import it down here. it would make little impact. u dig?
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by waice6571: 8:36am On May 23, 2016
Integrityfarms:
The Government and those in power are pushing the youths to entrepreneurship while reserving the juicy government jobs for their kits and kin!

Their children's children will become a slave to the children of an entrepreneurs.

Time will definitely tell.

I know of one, the father (top government official in a state) died a decade ago, the children are finding it hard to cope with current reality.
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by AAinEqGuinea: 8:41am On May 23, 2016
I knew when I first stepped into college that I'd later be both an entrepreneur and self-employed.

There's no way in hèll Im going through college just to potentially work at a place where 60% of what I studied isn't applied on the job.

Screw being a wage-slave your whole life.

2 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by Saladin25(m): 8:45am On May 23, 2016
All this talk talk No dey move. My own is action, it is very easy to talk but difficult to implement
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by tdayof(m): 10:32am On May 23, 2016
An entrepreneur is someone that can turn an idea into a reality. It can be an Engineer, an Artist anything.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by Alani86: 1:42pm On May 23, 2016
computerboy:
Entrepreneurship is definitely not for everyone but just as Robert Kiyosaki would say, "while on your job, try and create your own business".

The difference? Any where you earn your active income is your job and your passive income is your business and once your monthly passive income is reasonably higher than your monthly expenses, you've achieved your financial freedom (and can safely retire). You can then move to become an investor and create more streams of income.

Do you have an idea of Network Marketing? I mean a sound and genuine one?
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 23, 2016
importexpert:

Is entrepreneurship for you? I don't know. You've got to answer that for yourself. Ask yourself whether you some who likes to follow or who likes to guide, whether you like to do things your way or you mostly need guidance, whether you want to be managed or you are self-motivated. There are many such self-evaluations you can do yourself. But definitely, if you're a sort of person who likes new challenges each day, can fly in thin air, and lead without any direction; then you've a greater chance of succeeding as an entrepreneur. If you've got a business idea lurking deep within you, it's high time to try it out because that's the first thing an entrepreneur would say -'let's try out!

Great points.

I think being an entrepreneur is deeper than just
working for oneself. Its more of a calling which
one discovers, and it involves a lot of action.

So if you're still asking yourself whether you
should be an entrepreneur or not, then maybe it
isn't the right path for you.

And that's fine!

There is nothing really wrong in working for
someone else. At times some people tend to make
fun of employees calling them "wage-slaves" or
"Just-Over-Broke" and so on.

The truth is: not all of us can work for
ourselves. And not all of us should even try.

Dabbling into entrepreneurship just because you
want to make a quick buck or because you want to
say "I work for myself" misses the point.

We should stay true to our real selves.

Cheers!
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 23, 2016
importexpert:
your entrepreneurship related questions are highly welcomed

How long does it take to master a new business assuming i start off today ?

I am not aspiring to be an apprentice o.
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by computerboy: 6:45pm On May 23, 2016
virginboy1:

On point, personally I would love to go into importation but fear of alarming scammers in 9ja, dollar wahala, and poor govt policies is making me paranoid.

it shall be well someday

Depends on what you want to import. There are some products that give up to 300% ROI. In this case, you won't mind the dollar rate
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by computerboy: 6:46pm On May 23, 2016
Alani86:

Do you have an idea of Network Marketing? I mean a sound and genuine one?

I don't do those.
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by virginboy1(m): 7:27pm On May 23, 2016
computerboy:

Depends on what you want to import. There are some products that give up to 300% ROI. In this case, you won't mind the dollar rate
300% return on investment shocked
For real?

Can you please elaborate a little bit sir?
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by computerboy: 7:44pm On May 23, 2016
virginboy1:

300% return on investment shocked
For real?

Can you please elaborate a little bit sir?

Lol. ...300% is even small sef. I've earned more. Around 2013 there was a product I use to buy for 2k and sell for 10k in my hood. But heavy importers saturated the market within months.

Just search around your area very well. I'm sure you'll see something. Change your area too if need be. I'm another state now cos the goods I'm importing wasn't giving me above 10% ROI in my state but here I'm getting above 50%
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by Emeka71(m): 8:53pm On May 24, 2016
Realberry:
Thank you for this beautiful post op.. You are right on time..
So, I. Ventured into Ankara bag making some weeks back although not with the intention of making sales out of it... But recently my tutor ad been pressing for me to actually start up the business.. As much as I would love to, I don't know how to market.. How do I get to sell my goods?
Be confident about your product; that will give you an edge.
Re: Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? by dj5naira(m): 9:50pm On May 24, 2016
Yes, it is for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business / Dried Bamboo To Tissue Production Factory Launched In Akwa Ibom Today (Photos) / Hilarious Shopping Plaza With Different Business Options (Caption Yours) Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.