Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,380 members, 7,954,540 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL (36543 Views)

Chelsea FC Include "Want Away Striker" Diego Costa In EPL Squad For 2017/2018 / Kelechi Iheanacho Named The Most Lethal Striker To Have Ever Graced The EPL. / Iheanacho Named In Man City Squad For Champions League Tie With Steaua Bucharest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by edi287: 12:57pm On May 21, 2016
I remember when @goodjoe said Nacho would make a better striker than midfielder and people didn't agree. This seems to settle it. His finishing is better than I ever imagined.

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2016
edi287:

The guy has Belgian citizenship; doesn't need work permit. I pray Arsenal signs the guy since Chelsea don't know what they have.

Ah Ah. He is a Belgian Citizen. I did not even know that. I thought it was work permit. Chelsea is losing a material there. That guy is quality.

I doubt he will go back to Chelsea because he is already rated by Real Betis. Another De Bruyne is about to happen.

I think it was caused by Mourinho trying to downplay the importance of Emenalo at Chelsea paid heavily for it.

Just like Mourinho dropping Mikel, selling De Bruyne, leaving Rahman on the bench and keeping an underperformed Ivanovic on the right despite Azpilicueta playing that role.

Well, Man City heads are made up of some Spanish guys and I know they have watched Musonda. Guardiola is also Spanish. So we might get him before you guys.
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 21, 2016
Segadem:
what a retorsm answer to that castisphorusal question,bro u are to much for that garusypos grammar grin grin grin grin

NOTE: My own grammar can not be found in earth's dictionary but pluto's
Everyone with his/her unique and eccentrical disposition. We should start anticipating your wordbook publication smiley .

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Jagabanthelion: 1:35pm On May 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Kanu Nwankwo

Iwuanyanwu Nationale
Nigerian Premier League: 1992–93

Ajax
Eredivisie: 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96
UEFA Champions League: 1995
UEFA Super Cup: 1995
Intercontinental Cup: 1995

Inter Milan
UEFA Cup: 1998

Arsenal
Premier League: 2001–02, 2003–04
FA Cup: 2002, 2003
FA Community Shield: 1999

Portsmouth
FA Cup: 2008

Nigeria
FIFA U-17 World Cup: 1993
Olympic Gold Medal: 1996
Afro-Asian Cup of Nations: 1995
2000 African Cup of Nations: Runners-up
African Footballer of the Year: 1996, 1999
BBC African Footballer of the Year: 1997, 1999
. wow! Kanu don win b dat,I hands off

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:06pm On May 21, 2016
Okay Sir.... smiley

With all pleasure.... wink

Here are John Mikel Obi's Honors/Achievements/Accolades:

*With Chelsea:

-Two Premier League titles: 2009–10 , 2014–15.

- Four FA Cup titles: 2006–07, 2008–09 , 2009–10 , 2011–12.

- Two League Cup Titles (currently known as English Capital one league cup): 2006–07 , 2014-15.

- One FA Community Shield: 2009

- One UEFA Champions League: 2011–12.

- One UEFA Europa League (merged from old/defunct UEFA Cup and UEFA Cup Winners' Cup): 2012–13.

*With Nigeria.

- One Africa Cup of Nations Title/Gold (CAF AFCON): 2013.

- Afcon Bronze: 2006, 2010.

- FIFA U-20 World Cup Silver: 2005.

- CAF U-17 Afcon Bronze: 2003.

*Individual honors.

- FIFA U-20 World Cup Silver Ball Award (2nd best MVP): 2005.

- CAF African Young Player of the Year (Twice): 2005, 2006.

- AFCON best young player: 2006.

- Afcon best XI: 2013.

- CAF best XI: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013.

- Chelsea Young Player of the Year (Twice): 2007, 2008.

...............................................................................................

Here's KANU Nwankwo's:

*With Iwuanyanwu Nationale (now called Heartland).

- One Nigerian Premier League title: 1992–93.

*With Ajax Armsterdam.

- Three Dutch Eredivisie league titles: 1993–94, 1994–95 , 1995–96.

- One UEFA Champions League title:1995.

- One UEFA Super Cup: 1995.

- One Intercontinental Cup (now called the FIfa Club world cup). 1995.

*With Inter Milan.

- One UEFA Cup : 1998.

*With Arsenal FC.

-Two English Premier League titles: 2001–02 , 2003–04.

- Two FA Cup titles: 2002, 2003. (He won 3 FA Cups-- 2 with Arsenal and one with Portsmouth).

-One FA Community Shield : 1999.

*With Portsmouth.

- One FA Cup : 2008. (his third FA cup title).

*With Nigeria.

-FIFA U-17 World Cup : 1993.

-Olympic Gold Medal : 1996.

-Afro-Asian Cup of Nations : 1995.

-2000 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) : Runners-up medal.

-Afcon Bronze: 2002, 2004, 2006, 2010.

*Individual honors.

-CAF African Footballer of the Year, CAF APOTY AWARD (Twice): 1996, 1999.

-BBC African Footballer of the Year (Twice) : 1997, 1999.

.............................................................................................

So this above is a detailed breakdown of KANU and Mikel in terms of accolades/achievements for both club and country.

It's very close... very close but KANU edges Mikel.

But here are two major minuses for KANU:

- KANU have never scored an AFCON Goal.

- KANU have never won the AFCON Gold/title.

Mikel's Major Minus is:

- He has never won the CAF APOTY Award.

*also, Mikel has not won the Olympic Gold with Nigeria but if he makes the squad to Rio 2016 as one of the overaged stars, he stands a great chance of making it happen. If he does, he may overtake KANU as Nigeria's greatest and most decorated within the next two years provided he also add one or a few more achievements to the Olympic gold.

So there you have it..... smiley

Jagabanthelion:
Mikel has won 3 league titles,4 FA cups,3 capital one cups,one europa league,one UCL,one nations cup and other minor 2nd place silver trophies frm youth world cups. Can u list Kanu's trophies in the same manner,let's clear this issue?

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2016
I was still organizing mine sef... and was still doing a few stuffs by the side. Thanks for responding to him.

I still feel Mikel can surpass him if he can win the Olympic gold and win another major title at club level.

Time will tell shaa... wink

TheGoodJoe:

Kanu Nwankwo

Iwuanyanwu Nationale
Nigerian Premier League: 1992–93

Ajax
Eredivisie: 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96
UEFA Champions League: 1995
UEFA Super Cup: 1995
Intercontinental Cup: 1995

Inter Milan
UEFA Cup: 1998

Arsenal
Premier League: 2001–02, 2003–04
FA Cup: 2002, 2003
FA Community Shield: 1999

Portsmouth
FA Cup: 2008

Nigeria
FIFA U-17 World Cup: 1993
Olympic Gold Medal: 1996
Afro-Asian Cup of Nations: 1995
2000 African Cup of Nations: Runners-up
African Footballer of the Year: 1996, 1999
BBC African Footballer of the Year: 1997, 1999

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by hustla(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2016
Jagabanthelion:
. Typical manutd fan...smh. How many african players have made it in Manutd? U remember Eric Djemba Djemba?Mame diouf? wat abt Manucho? Dat great Angolan talent and nations cup top scorer that moved to Manutd? what exactly happened to his career? Even Ghanian-born welbeck,how many years of his life did he waste at Manutd b4 being dumped to Arsenal,where he isn't even in d first team? Is this what u would have wished for Mikel? Even a more talented JayJay didn't achieve half of what Mikel has achieved and is still achieving at chelsea. Everyday Mikel dis,Mikel dat,have u asked urself y always Mikel? what happened to Isaac Promise,Onyekachi Apam,Taiye Taiwo,chrisanthus Macauley,Rabiu Ibrahim,Chinedu Ogbuike?U kno what happened to them?they took advices frm armchair analysts like u and ended up in d wrong clubs.Even Ahmed Musa,as talented as he is,is in d wrong club,n won't achieve much there.He is geting older n hasn't won much. Beta pray that the God that intervened in Mikel's career by driving him frm Manutd,where he would have been continuously loaned to lower leagues and eventually released of his contract,let that God that changed his story be there for u too when u are on the verge of making a big big mistake.

Lol achieving trophies from the bench,yeah that's a remarkable improvement from being Messis rival at the youth level.

You have made no sense whatsoever. Welbeck was given his chance, his shot,he just Failed to take it and he's still not taking it at Arsenal. He's just a very average player made popular by the British media.

I am absolutely sure Mikel would have been the perfect replacement for Scholes, although less strong tackling.. From my own point of view, Taiwo did well for himself and maybe still is

And the ones you mentioned above were all given their own chances and shots, didn't take them. Ronaldo was given, took it. Depay is being given ,only time will tell
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:20pm On May 21, 2016
I tire for Chelsea. I also know about Musonda. Very very gifted.

Abeg, what is Begiristain waiting for?? Snap him up. wink

TheGoodJoe:

Ah Ah. He is a Belgian Citizen. I did not even know that. I thought it was work permit. Chelsea is losing a material there. That guy is quality.

I doubt he will go back to Chelsea because he is already rated by Real Betis. Another De Bruyne is about to happen.

I think it was caused by Mourinho trying to downplay the importance of Emenalo at Chelsea paid heavily for it.

Just like Mourinho dropping Mikel, selling De Bruyne, leaving Rahman on the bench and keeping an underperformed Ivanovic on the right despite Azpilicueta playing that role.

Well, Man City heads are made up of some Spanish guys and I know they have watched Musonda. Guardiola is also Spanish. So we might get him before you guys.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:26pm On May 21, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I tire for Chelsea. I also know about Musonda. Very very gifted.

Abeg, what is Begiristain waiting for?? Snap him up. wink

Let us see what happens when Guardiola arrives. I hope we do not let Musonda pass. We need someone to give Sterling competition, just like Nacho gave Bony.

Well it still falls to Pep Guardiola. Remember, he likes passers than dribblers. That is why I tip Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Iheanacho and Kevin De Bruyne as the key City players.

With this there is no room for Musonda. Also, Guardiola will prefer Iwobi to Musonda because of his killer passes.

It will all fall to Guardiola's choices. If we want Musonda, I trust Txiki to get him. He is a master negotiator.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2016
Another nonsense fallacy Mikel haters come up with.

How dare you say Mikel won his trophies mostly from the bench?? how dare you??

Do you realise the huge ignorance in your statement??

Mikel won his first 3 FA cups starting all of them in the finals.

Mikel was one of the reasons Chelsea won the UCL in 2012.

Mikel missed the Europa final through minor injury and was a huge part of Chelsea's journey to the Europa title.

Mikel was a starring member for ancelloti when Chelsea won the Double (EPL and FA cup) in 2009/2010.

He starred when Nigeria conquered Africa!!!

I could go on and on..... So how dare you??

I can see that you guys just spew rubbish when trying to belittle another man's achievements earned through HARDWORK and SILENT CONSISTENCY.

Coaches all over the globe rate Mikel. So who in the heavens are you?? Coming here to belittle and talk nonsense of things you have little knowledge about.

Move please!!!

hustla:

Lol achieving trophies from the bench,yeah that's a remarkable improvement from being Messis rival at the youth level.

You have made no sense whatsoever. Welbeck was given his chance, his shot,he just Failed to take it and he's still not taking it at Arsenal. He's just a very average player made popular by the British media.

I am absolutely sure Mikel would have been the perfect replacement for Scholes, although less strong tackling.. From my own point of view, Taiwo did well for himself and maybe still is

And the ones you mentioned above were all given their own chances and shots, didn't take them. Ronaldo was given, took it. Depay is being given ,only time will tell

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2016
hustla:

I just have to address you.

Mikel is among the top 21 most capped players (English and Foreign) in the history of Chelsea. How can someone who is among the top five most capped foreigners in the history of Chelsea be on the bench?

Mikel is bigger than what we even think. I for one was disappointed with Mikel because he was one of he best creative midfielders I ever watched when he was a youngster.

With time and more education in the game, I have realised that it is the silent ones on the pitch that are even the most important players.

Jamie Redknapp said,

“While there is so much focus on the attacking trio of Eden Hazard, Juan Mata and Oscar, these guys could not do what they do without a platform."

“Mikel is that platform,”

This season, Mahrez and Vardy got all the praises for Leicester City's EPL triumph. When it was time for he players to choose, Kante got the Players Player award.

Mikel might not dribble up and down the pitch. You might not like his class and calmness with the ball. You might not like that he does not take risk.

Yet his decisions made him one of the most decorated and most capped player in a top club in the history of African football.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by hustla(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Another nonsense fallacy Mikel haters come up with.

How dare you say Mikel won his trophies mostly from the bench?? how dare you??

Do you realise the huge ignorance in your statement??

Mikel won his first 3 FA cups starting all of them in the finals.

Mikel was one of the reasons Chelsea won the UCL in 2012.

Mikel missed the Europa final through minor injury and was a huge part of Chelsea's journey to the Europa title.

Mikel was a starring member for ancelloti when Chelsea won the Double (EPL and FA cup) in 2009/2010.

He starred when Nigeria conquered Africa!!!

I could go on and on..... So how dare you??

I can see that you guys just spew rubbish when trying to belittle another man's achievements earned through HARDWORK and SILENT CONSISTENCY.

Coaches all over the globe rate Mikel. So who in the heavens are you?? Coming here to belittle and talk nonsense of things you have little knowledge about.

Move please!!!

The truth is bitter smiley
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:12pm On May 21, 2016
Unfortunately for you, it's very sweet in this case. Because even history and stats disagree with your fallacy.

You don't know how to handle the truth and that is a shame. wink

hustla:

The truth is bitter smiley

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2016
[b]Much like Makélelé, Mikel selflessly performed the task of a holding midfielder. His job was simple yet undoubtedly effective, recycle possession to the attacking midfielders and screen the defence when others attack. He could not go forward at all. Mikel rarely took a shot, and rarely ventured forward so that he could concentrate on defending. That was the role which he played to aplomb for years. Yet critics increasingly and continually disparaged his apparent shortcomings.

However, they would soon be proven wrong by the man himself.

After the firing of Andre Villas Boas, Chelsea miraculously made it through to the Champions League knockout stages under the guidance of Robert Di Matteo. Under Di Matteo, Mikel was once again reinstated to the first team, and gave perhaps the best performances of his life against the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich on their road to winning the Champions league.

In the contentious second leg of the Barcelona semifinal encounter, on the back of a solid performance in their 1-0 win earlier, Mikel single handedly shut down the Barcelona midfield. For 90 minutes, the Nigerian showed determination, stamina and speed that were once thought to have been nonexistent in his game. In defence, Mikel pressed up field against Barcelona midfielder Xavi, who was eventually unable to pull the strings due to Mikel’s constant harassing. Furthermore, the Nigerian was tireless in double marking Lionel Messi, while breaking down through balls from the Barcelona midfield. In attack, Mikel kept things simple as ever, laying of the ball to midfielders like Ramires and Lampard before man marking Lionel Messi, denying the Argentinian space to ply his skill as a false nine from deeper midfield. Chelsea emerged with a 2-2 draw and winners on aggregate, moving to a much stronger challenge against Bayern Munich.

In Munich, Mikel once again produced the same virtuoso performance, harassing the midfielders relentlessly in defence while denying Thomas Mueller space to strive. Mikel was hailed by Sky Sports pundit Jamie Redknapp as playing an excellent game by putting in “a performance that I didn’t think he had in him; he was putting out fires everywhere,” A long overdue compliment that he should have gotten years ago. Like Makélelé, Mikel had finally showed his worth, yet his battle to win over the masses continues on.
http://soccersouls.com/2013/07/03/chelsea-fc-the-curious-case-of-john-obi-mikel/[/b]

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2016
After all, Mikel was a player who gave up potential glory and fame in an attacking midfield role to contribute to the team as a holding midfielder. He could have easily left for greener pastures elsewhere but he stayed for the betterment of the team.

Through his decision, he made history by winning the Champions league, even when his contributions in defence went largely unrecognized by the outstanding performances of striker Didier Drogba.

I for one would hate to see the club let Mikel go. He is a player who gave his all for the club. A player, who like his mentor Makélelé, embodied the true meaning of self-sacrifice on the football pitch.
http://soccersouls.com/2013/07/03/chelsea-fc-the-curious-case-of-john-obi-mikel/

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:54pm On May 21, 2016
In Mikel's first three years at Chelsea, he had the highest pass completion in the Premier League, boasting an impressive 89.93%. That’s even better than the likes of Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard or Man United’s Paul Scholes.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/04/6-reasons-that-prove-john-obi-mikel-is-definitely-a-chelsea-legend-5599531/

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:00pm On May 21, 2016
[b]Yes, Mikel should be appreciated for sacrificing his initial attacking play to become a holding midfield player for Chelsea.

Steve said "Mikel is negative, rarely passes the ball forward and lacks creativity".

That's not his job at Chelsea. He does all those well for the other team he plays for (his National team) because that is his role there. Statistics shows that in the group stages of the just concluded FIFA confederations cup, Mikel had more forward passes and complete more passes than any other player in the tournament. That couldn't be a fluke in a tournament that had the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Fabregas, Oscar etc.

In just 3 games he had a goal, a superb one scored against the World Cup and Confeds Cup semi finalists. That's his job in the National team and he does it well. I think ironically, Mikel is just being criticised for doing his job the way it should be.

So sad. Makelele scored just 2 goals throughout his stay at Chelsea yet we all agree he played his role well. We may not have taken note but Mikel’s absence from the team during AVB's reign affected Chelsea's overall performance and resulted in Chelsea conceding a lot of careless goals.

Things got better when RDM reinstated him. You may want to attribute it to a general loss of form but the same situation repeated itself in January, 2013 when he left for African Championship. You may not feel his presence cos he is not scoring the goals but take Mikel out of the team and a dire hole will be left.

By Charles Ekpe[/b]

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by elopee3000(m): 8:39pm On May 22, 2016
ladyF:

Please take your shallow-mindedness out of my mentions. When I said stats, I wasn't talking about money.

Early Saturday morning you dey come find person trouble! Wetin sef? angry I will not grace you with another response FYI...
nkita jalingo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mikel Obi's Twin Daughters With Russian Girlfriend Look All Grown (see Photos) / Mikel Obi And His Twins Looking Adorable In New Picture / Wizkid Reacts To Mourinho’s Sack: "Mourinho Go Dey Eko Hotel Tomorrow"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.