Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low (15936 Views)

Nigeria's GDP Records 1.4% Growth In Q3—NBS / The World In 2050. Nigeria's GDP Projection / Nigerian Oil Output Plunges to 20-Year Low as Attacks Mount-Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by 1shortblackboy: 10:27pm On May 20, 2016
Una don see am na

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by VERDA: 10:28pm On May 20, 2016
Nicur:
Zombies be like Nigerian Bureau of Statistics are full of ipod yoots!! grin

Hahahahahaha.....na wa for you o.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by porka: 10:33pm On May 20, 2016
Nigeria is a basket case already.

For the first time in the history of Nigeria, we would be unable to feed ourselves.

Expect massive hunger and starvation in the coming months. The humanitarian crisis will be unprecedented in the history of mankind.

Watch, as western countries bring food aid to Nigeria like Somalia and Ethiopia of old. They will soon be dropping rice from the air like we used to watch on CNN.

Watch, as our pride as a sovereign black nation is damaged because of the food donors' conditions.

Watch, as the once pride of black race is dragged down shamefully.

This is the time to pray for God's forgiveness.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by NovusHomo(m): 11:13pm On May 20, 2016
cindybella101:
Why won't our GDP decline when our economy is recessing embarassed

Nigeria sef

The poster below me shaa....want to steal my FTC spot, forgetting am using etisalat 4g grin
Try another time swthrt @ severussnape

Waiting for seun to credit my bank account embarassed

The economy is receeding. Or, the economy is in a recession.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by tuniski: 11:18pm On May 20, 2016
eakenbor:
Which is the 25 year low? The GDP or the GDP growth rate? Flawed article, flawed statistician and flawed Nairaland moderator.

Can't u see or simply understand that it is d growth rate?

From fast growing to negative growth within 12months chai

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by happney65: 11:27pm On May 20, 2016
Quoting Firefire's Post..omolola15 come and see..Oloshi.. grin

"We warned Nigerians before voting a primitive grandfather as a president.

As many that partake in this APC scam of making this dead brain Nigeria president, may your happiness evaporate as our rebased and unrebase GDP is evaporating.

Shame on APC and as many still standing with the evil party of no joy"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by SycophanticGoat: 11:54pm On May 20, 2016
At the mention of the name Buha, everything shall crash! cry

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by omenka(m): 12:12am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Twenty five year low!... Meaning it hasn't crashed this bad since when I was born. Buhari has finally finished this country.

Zombies, Please come and blame Jonathan.

The dullard Buhari is an economic terrorist.
Just imagine the kid that roams around insulting everyone in sight. 25.

So much for parental upbringing. cheesy

Thank God I never pay attention to their rants.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by uvalued(m): 12:17am On May 21, 2016
kossyablaze:
Chai dvllard Don finish us.... Watch how zombies would avoid this thread. Thank God for delivering me from zombieism

adonBILIVIT unless u show ur WAILER form for authentication grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by Gaskia: 12:28am On May 21, 2016
porka:
Nigeria is a basket case already.

For the first time in the history of Nigeria, we would be unable to feed ourselves.

Expect massive hunger and starvation in the coming months. The humanitarian crisis will be unprecedented in the history of mankind.

Watch, as western countries bring food aid to Nigeria like Somalia and Ethiopia of old. They will soon be dropping rice from the air like we used to watch on CNN.

Watch, as our pride as a sovereign black nation is damaged because of the food donors' conditions.

Watch, as the once pride of black race is dragged down shamefully.

This is the time to pray for God's forgiveness.

May it never get to that level for you and I.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by KahlDrogo(m): 12:34am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:

... And How's that my concern??
Of course, it would only concern human beings. Are you?? grin
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by BetaThings: 1:14am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Twenty five year low!... Meaning it hasn't crashed this bad since when I was born. Buhari has finally finished this country.

The dullard Buhari is an economic terrorist.

There is a difference between growth rate and absolute GDP
Before you call anyone dullard, get some education!

An N80Trillion cannot easily decline to 25 year low in one quarter!
If it declines by 10% ie a negative growth rate of 10%, it becomes N72Trillion

That is much higher than what we had in 1991
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by KahlDrogo(m): 1:16am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
[s]Twenty five year low!... Meaning it hasn't crashed this bad since when I was born. Buhari has finally finished this country.

The dullard Buhari is an economic terrorist.[/s]
was shouting "zombie" the first thing your mother taught you as an infant?? cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by rexzqcom(m): 1:45am On May 21, 2016
egwekwe:

Yes we are not happy with this administration but abusing of the office and personality of a president is nonsensical.

Be a reasonable wailer

Nothing nonsensical in calling a spade by its name.
An office and a president fixated on rearview mirrors for all past mistakes (corruptions) for his redemptions instead of focusing on present productivity for growth, miss road . Nothing wrong with demands for past mistakes accountability. Is ridiculous to make that the primary focus. The focus should be growth and development of more wealth for the nation. While others deal with the past.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by Nobody: 1:47am On May 21, 2016
Pathetic!...The d.aft, redundant, heartless nomad don't give a damn!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by banio: 2:31am On May 21, 2016
Tif nubu you see yourself

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by banio: 2:37am On May 21, 2016
I think AP.. means All Progress Cancelled.

Useless Parti

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by DedeNkem: 3:14am On May 21, 2016
Impeach buhari! He's very unfit to lead this country! He's very incompetent and only carters for his northern brothers

Things are getting worse every day under this corrupt ab*oki fulani!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by freeze001(f): 4:46am On May 21, 2016
yinkus204:
Oh God see wat Jonathan hav do to us in this country, make God punish u Jonathan

With this English u may most likely provoke God against you. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by SeverusSnape(m): 4:55am On May 21, 2016
omenka:
Just imagine the kid that roams around insulting everyone in sight. 25.

So much for parental upbringing. cheesy

Thank God I never pay attention to their rants.
A kid that an 'adult' like you dreads. grin

Old man that should be forging ahead in life is here on NL wasting away. *crying for you*

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by proeast(m): 6:02am On May 21, 2016
The Zoo is going down fast, so the prediction is finally about to be fulfiled, all thanks to the dullard of daura & his cheerleaders from the waste.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by AreaFada2: 6:05am On May 21, 2016
Pidggin:
What is going on?

We need another Nehemiah
Even heaven sef can run out of Nehemiah.

Whether na Jeremiah o, Zephaniah o, 9ja case go hard.

After 11 years ruling 9ja, OBJ said even Jesus will struggle to run 9ja.

Too many things just don't add up in 9ja. Too many.

We have stuck our heads in the sand for too long, passing the buck.

Now, Jonathan is to blame for 50 years of misrule and jaga jaga.

Murtala Mohammed sacked 10,000 govt workers, many due to alleged corruption.
They were replaced by fresh ones that later proved even more corrupt and civil service went downhill ever since.

We have to face reality. I cannot see any easy or even an entirely peaceful option.

Or just keep going on aimelessly like we're now. sad
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by Realist2: 6:41am On May 21, 2016
Everything in Nigeria is bleeding ;
The Economy is bleeding, zero job creation, zero electricity, Zero GDP, PMS all time scarce, inflation has broken Guinness Book of Records, hardship,hunger and poverty rising to its pyramid, things has moved from a little better to all time worst. At it is today, Nigeria is as good not having a leader, an auto-pilot country should have been better, What did we do to deserve '' a Buhari ''?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by Ghost01(m): 7:13am On May 21, 2016
scholes0:
Nigeria GDP crash to 25 year low?
What kind of misleading headline is that?
I wonder o. The OP probably meant to say "GDP growth". I doubt if these people bother to read the full gist before commenting these days - one of the negative effects of the race for FTC.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by Iceberg3: 7:22am On May 21, 2016
Kai,this is a big blow to their image....their image they were trying,whilst sweating in their apc big pants, to boost thru those found chibok girls scam they were planning to lace their speech with come may 29..
Say NO to nepa bill certificate holders
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by Nobody: 7:22am On May 21, 2016
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by HIPROFILE(m): 7:33am On May 21, 2016
egwekwe:

Yes we are not happy with this administration but abusing of the office and personality of a president is nonsensical.

Be a reasonable wailer

And you suddenly forgot how you in particular abused and insulted GEJ... Better keep quite and reap what you've sown.. END time BIGOT
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by onatisi(m): 7:39am On May 21, 2016
mbaboy:
All thanks to buhari and his economic team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by Nobody: 7:52am On May 21, 2016
Truth234:
The 25 years is a lie, it is just not possible. It is the lowest quarterly decline since June 2004, not 25 years and it is expected to plunge prior to release. Can OAM4J, Mynd44 please edit this, Nigerian economy can never crashed to 25 year low, it is quarterly report. This is bad considering nairaland coverage.

Here is the link to the original report

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/398
Any way you put it the fact is that it's crashing and it's crashing really fast. These days the media can't deceive anyone anymore. We are feeling the heat first hand, even my rent never expire but landlord is begging me for 1k.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by Nobody: 7:53am On May 21, 2016
hard times, Oh God please rescue ur people.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low by citizenisb: 7:54am On May 21, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Inspects Construction Of The Second Nkpogu Bridge/road.. Photos / Anambra Guber: APGA Faction Elects Edozie Njoku As Candidate, Rejects Soludo / Governor Dapo Abiodun Loses Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.