Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? (29719 Views)

Ishilove's Evergreen Playlist / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 / List Of Evergreen R&B Songs From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by xtervaganza(m): 9:26am On May 21, 2016
GeneviveHuby:
Can't you just pass the message without comparing us with the ofes and their imams. I hate when Nwadiala speak like this. Well i take the message and leave the rest for you.
eleribu ni e

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Chijosky(m): 9:28am On May 21, 2016
Op onye gwara gi na anyi adiro eme ha appreciate ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Dragonking: 9:29am On May 21, 2016
FemiFaniKayode:
Why Dont We Igbos Appreciate Our Evergreen Musicians

It baffles me our we igbos have failed in celebrations of life, awards, events to appreciate the likes of

Chief Osita Osadebe
Bright Chimezie ( Duke of African Music)
Emeka Morocco Maduka
Chief Dr. Oliver Sunday Akanite (Oliver De Coque)
Oriental Brothers
Chief Pericoma Okoye

I stay in far away United States and I know how much goes out of my pocket heavily every weekend just so I can sit at some bar and listen to great songs like

Pericoma - upper Iweka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlVVYQ6rkw

Bright Chimezie- Adfrican Style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vY3En7zMdQ

Osondi Owendi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZozFgBoVw

Peoples Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tAiDzrMoEw

Mbiri Ka Mbiri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wxvntvTXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldh1G12NxOc

goose pimples get all over me.

Its a different story back home as i rarely hear the songs of these great artist at events whenever in Nigeria compared to the South Westerners who cherish and treat the likes of King Sunny Ade and Chief Commander as Kings and gods

How many youths of nowadays can boast of turntable discs of these great artists
I have personally enforced on my kids to revere, cherish, appreciate and listen to these music at home and spread the knowledge and wisdom sayings in these songs wherever they are rather than these contemporary music that only preaches sex violence and women

These artist those days were gods and mouth pieces of the gods compared to our modern day Pastors and Imams

Lets do all that we can to spread the richness of Igbo highlife and traditional Nigerian music

You are complaining about igbos not appreciating Igbo songs when even you yourself dey use Yoruba moniker. Smh angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by ariesbull: 9:36am On May 21, 2016
Pyno30:
For this quote i can share the Ejeagha song with you, free of charge. I have it in my phone.

Send give me links to download the songs
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by alorax2(f): 9:37am On May 21, 2016
@op I dont listen to the new generation music because they are spewing trash. My all favourite is oriental bros ihuoma, I love that music. Have to Travel home to get d c.d because I was not able to get it here in Lagos. God bless our evergreen artist
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by niggaz4life: 9:39am On May 21, 2016
kwynette:
Name one good thing that didn't come out of igboland
buhari ( most righteous nigerian president ) and jagaban ( developer of lagos state ). those two didnt come out of igboland

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by zealousB(m): 9:41am On May 21, 2016
FrankLampard:
People just come to say rubbish assertion from their bed.

Here in Lagos all local bar we have here can never play music from our local artists like Wiz Kid and co, else nobody (Igbo Traders) will patronize the bar.

Go to the east you hardly even hear songs from our local artist(I schooled in the east). Only Igbo Christian songs or songs from the artist you just listed OP.

Personally, I don't like music coming from the likes of Wiz Kid and co. I have songs from all the artist you listed in my phone and I play them regularly.
I urged the young man to come back and established A radio station that would only play those Classical music for the growing youth in the east beside to run an Online radio maybe expensive but with a drive and mission you may start riping your true desire

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by HIPROFILE(m): 9:46am On May 21, 2016
Add: Moddy Ibe on that list

Seems many dant know him, he hailed from Oba idemili south Anambra state.
His blessed memories.....
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by olaitoro(m): 9:47am On May 21, 2016
those songs are my favourites all the time
op you are not current in Igbo highlife
what of chijioke nwanlecha and ike mmazeri
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Ariani: 9:48am On May 21, 2016
OP how exactly did you miss to add ALI CHUKWUMA in your opening post?
angry
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by seagulsntrawler: 9:51am On May 21, 2016
lonelydora:
Op, i appreciate all the songs you mentioned above. There's no day I don't play any of them because they are the only meaningful songs in Nigeria, with good instrumentalsans not studio beats.
My brother, the art of music making is dying really fast right before our eyes. Studio beats(computer generated) has killed the use of instruments be it guitars, drums,gongs, sax, trumpets, etc. Don't be surprised that most Nigerian artists you find today can't play an instrument. Yet they call themselves musicians. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by bee444: 9:54am On May 21, 2016
The Igbo languague, so freely and beautifully spoken decades back has seen its decline with the new breeds of children being raised these days.

This generation of children would rather you call them Chye instead of Chi. They're westernizing the igbo culture and stylishly dragging the parents into it too. We no longer speak Igbo with our children but in English. The musics and records of these legendary artists have long been stored away and replaced with songs from Phyno, Psquare and the gangs.

Go to the UK,US or any western countries, the Asians still maintain their culture and instill it in their children. They wouldn't speak in English with them at all. English language should be learned when at school and not at home.

Today's musicians breeds violence, encourage fornication and live a life full of lies. These are the ' role model' our children are mimicking.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by kwynette(f): 9:58am On May 21, 2016
niggaz4life:
buhari ( most righteous nigerian president ) and jagaban ( developer of lagos state ). those two didnt come out of igboland
sweety I said name "one good thing" not "two thieving lot"
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Okeycima: 9:59am On May 21, 2016
My man I play those songs, as am talking to you now I finished playing Osadebe's Ebezina. All those songs and more is what makes my tracklist and I love listening to the because ☀̤̣̈̇f the moral education and the learning ☀̤̣̈̇f rich African proverbs and idioms,my own issues with people(young folks) is that whenever I play or listen †̥♥ those songs Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ will hear them asking me 'come ******this one you the play old people's song?. 'y do you like playing old people's songs?. 'don't you know that you are too young †̥♥ play this kind ☀̤̣̈̇f song?.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by omonnakoda: 10:01am On May 21, 2016
Some people with little culture are ashamed of themselves and are proud of foreign religions and languages which they teach their children. Naturally weak and redundant cultures and languages will become extinct
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by SAMBARRY: 10:06am On May 21, 2016
The reason is because a prophet is not recognized in his hometown
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Okeycima: 10:06am On May 21, 2016
chudidonas:
Dan Orji(Edi kwansa, Ije uwa etc ), Paulson Kalu(Okwudili), Ali Chukwuma(Ego ji Olu) Ozoemena nwa nsugbe, etc... Those songs can get to my spine
my man Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ na Highlife apostle

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Nobody: 10:08am On May 21, 2016
Who says...

On this forum, I try to promote their songs. Click like if you agree.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Okeycima: 10:09am On May 21, 2016
FrankLampard:
People just come to say rubbish assertion from their bed.

Here in Lagos all local bar we have here can never play music from our local artists like Wiz Kid and co, else nobody (Igbo Traders) will patronize the bar.

Go to the east you hardly even hear songs from our local artist(I schooled in the east). Only Igbo Christian songs or songs from the artist you just listed OP.

Personally, I don't like music coming from the likes of Wiz Kid and co. I have songs from all the artist you listed in my phone and I play them regularly.
correct guy
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Okeycima: 10:15am On May 21, 2016
crazymod:

Rex Lawson is the best of all time.................. Flavor made fortune out of Rex Lawson Ashawo song, yet he never acknowledge him or paid any tribute to the legend.
No copy right law in Nigeria.
this is exactly the point am trying to make †̥♥ one guy that there is no copyright laws law in Nigeria, and even if there is, is Not enforceable
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Onyiibazz: 10:52am On May 21, 2016
If you see the collection of Osadebe, Oliver and oriental brothers' songs that I have in my phone eh, you would be amazed. Sometimes people look at me and wonder if i'm truly a young man or an ancient of days because they believe those songs are supposed to be for old men. But I don't send anybody.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Seun360(m): 11:10am On May 21, 2016
GeneviveHuby:
Can't you just pass the message without comparing us with the ofes and their imams. I hate when Nwadiala speak like this. Well i take the message and leave the rest for you.

Last last, na Ofes you go marry. Trust me.

Nnenna did worse but today, she's my wife.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Leiman100(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2016
How will they appreciate them they prefer people lie Phyno
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by niggaz4life: 11:16am On May 21, 2016
kwynette:
sweety I said name "one good thing" not "two thieving lot"
what has buhari stolen from you ?
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by praxx(m): 11:21am On May 21, 2016
I might be wrong....but i think all but Bright Chimezie from the aforementioned are late.

I also dont think that this generation of African youths dont appreciate them, maybe not enough.

the way forward in my view will be for the younger generation of igbo musician to do what the likes of tuface/sir victor uwaifo, omawunmi/onyeka onwenu etc did. that way those born in the late 90s which sadly but truly are the ones making wave in the industry, will get to hear and appreciate the wonders and beauty in High-life.

Growing up i use to know all of bright-chimezie's songs word for word. doubt if i can these days.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by IBNgemini: 11:46am On May 21, 2016
Pls where can I get to download songs like this...I really love d guitar style,as an upcoming guitarist, I really need them to uplift my playing.......NOT IGBO THO..
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by ronald4lif(m): 11:48am On May 21, 2016
I don't joke with highlife music. Hardly a week goes by without me playing Osadebe or Oliver either when I'm in the kitchen cooking or on my headphones when out.

Highlife is part of me and gives me the inspiration I need to keep up with my hustle in life. It also makes me feel closer to home in this far away country.

I'll forever remain grateful to Osita Osadebe and Akanite 1 of Ezinifite for providing us with such inspirational music and may their souls continue to RIP.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by kwynette(f): 11:50am On May 21, 2016
niggaz4life:
what has buhari stolen from you ?
I'll give you key words and you'll then do the googling; Buhari, PTF scandal, 1994...do the rest
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by niggaz4life: 11:56am On May 21, 2016
kwynette:
I'll give you key words and you'll then do the googling; Buhari, PTF scandal, 1994...do the rest
buhari is a saint compared to jonathan goodluck, diezani madueke, orji kalu and the other kalu. now those are real criminals
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by youngbest(m): 11:56am On May 21, 2016
Op I think you are not entirely correct, during festive periods in the village we always listen to Bright Chimezie, Sir Ultimate Warrior, Chief Osadebe, Nelly Uchendu e.t.c we even mix with new artists like Pammy Udu bunch, Ozemenam Ogene, Phyno e.t.c.
I know a lot of igbos are not fans of Phyno but seriously I think people like him, flavour, ruff coin, zero are the next generation and will likely do more to save our language than anyone else.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by iberu001(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2016
I 'm a Yoruba but been a Yoruba doesn't stop me from listening to some igbo song,I can't speak igbo but I do understand a little. Love the songs because of the instruments used. My best songs are Osandi Owendi and Joromi by Sir Victor Uwaifo.My dad do play the two songs when i was young which makes me love them. I still have them on my phone till today and listen to them.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Chukazu: 12:09pm On May 21, 2016
kennyjodeci:
As a high life song writer, I listen to people like Oliver, Bright Chimezie, Pericomo Okoye, King Prof Obewe....I listen to their songs all the time on youtube cuz I can't get a link where I can download their mp3....I don't really like Osadebe's songs....their bore me to hell

Osadebe... "papa Egwu"?.... as in father of music? can't be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naija Music streaming or download / Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times / "Classic 50 Songs": 9ice Releases 50 Track Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.