Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari (28021 Views)

List Of 16 States Ready To Establish Cattle Colonies For Herdsmen / If Things Are Not Going Well In Nigeria Is Not My Fault - BUHARI / FG To Build Ranches, Grazing Reserves For Fulani Herdsmen Across Nigeria – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by diegwu01: 5:59pm On May 21, 2016
babestella:
The fowls in SW thought buhari came to work for the country and serve the interest of Nigeria, hell NOOOOOOO.

Buhari is a certified bigot, a psychopath, a rogue who have come to return power to the north and at the same time create avenues for his Fulani kinsmen and northern cohorts to massively shift wealth back to the north. We have seen it all, but we are going to see more.

This is how they were thought to Islamize Nigeria, you all think it's not real, well buhari wants to forcefully take lands in the south and give to his Fulani brothers, tomorrow the area becomes their territory, they'll build mosque and houses on a free land fully paid for by the FG headed by buhari their brother.
I wonder if buhari could do same for southerners living in the north or if the issues was the other way round, he could had passed a law that will prohibit cattle rearing in Nigeria.

Have you asked how many Fulanis pay tax?, have you asked? These malus act with audacious impunity in their territory. Who are you to ask a Fulani man tax. This country needs restructuring abeg.
take is you post to Biafran Herald, IPOB voice or Igbere TV news, it would do well there
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by DifferentBoy1(m): 6:04pm On May 21, 2016
diegwu01:
Childish..

that's your view...you are entitled to say it out.

2 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by babestella: 6:05pm On May 21, 2016
Jhappy:
Blind senseless hate evrywhere! Hating muslims, hating northernans, hating the president! Fulani cattle rearers do not even know jerk about their religion! Muslims preachers do not even go to them in the bush to sermonise them! Yet here u re displaying such pathetic level of propaganda and blind hate! I am yet to read of any existing campaign to Islamise the millions of ibos living in the north! When will u southern ibos rid ur hearts of hate!

Call it hate or whatever you like, show me a northerner who likes an Igbo man, show me. I know bats like you will come and scream hate, but saw nothing wrong in the bigot buhari calling some region5%, you wouldn't see any thing wrong in the lop-sided appointments buhari made completely ignoring the south but you'll support him to come take lands in the same south he maligned so that his kinsmen will have land to herd their cattle.
The hate card you played here is absolute rubbish, I have stated the obvious and fact.
You can take your hate card to the dessert for all I care. Nonsense.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Futureleader201(m): 6:06pm On May 21, 2016
Grazing reserve is part of the plan by PMB to Islamaze this country. They will take over your land and subdue you.

Even, when did rearing of cow become a national issue. Cows are owned by individual (Fulani and Hausa), now turned to Nigeria problem while the individuals that owns it keep smiling to BANK and poor Nigerians keep dieing of starvation, hunger etc.

And is Nigeria generating any revenue from rearing of cows? Your answer is good as mine.

Christains in this country should wake up before they will go into extinction.

3 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:08pm On May 21, 2016
So you are telling me all dix mumu honourables didn't even know the contents of the secret cult 'budget' yet they have constituency project? Its a good thing they align on saying NO but seriously these guys ain't worth their salary and allowances. A budget that spent eternity before final signing na him house rep dey yarn dem no sabi d 960M there. Please modath how much was budgeted for refineries in that secret cult document?

2 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Remii(m): 6:08pm On May 21, 2016
agbangam:
Previous govt did nothing about dis Fulani issue, rather their "do nothing action" allow d crisis to escalate. Right now we have a sensible govt dat wants to end d crisis and prevent cattle from roaming and destroying farms but some yeye pple won't contribute their own idea on how to stop d menance rather all dey wud do is to insult PMB for trying to end it.
my brother, there is so much hate in the land. If you don't want cows in your state, will you stop eating beef too? Tomatoes is already scarce now we want to add beef
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by diegwu01: 6:09pm On May 21, 2016
Jhappy:
SE ibos just hate anytin hausa and Islam! Yet millions of ibos who live in the North will nevr quit the region being portrayed as violent and backward! Ibos are alws full of hate wherever they go to!
Watch Nollywood movies of South East, Chinwetalu Agu, Patience Ozokwo, Pete Edochie portray the typical Biafran; Hate from Beginning to the End cast
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by babestella: 6:10pm On May 21, 2016
diegwu01:
take is you post to Biafran Herald, IPOB voice or Igbere TV news, it would do well there

That's my opinion and my stand. I'm completely against any move by buhari to take anyone's land for grazing. This is what is called " executive arm-twisting" and it must be condemned.

2 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by jayzblogng: 6:13pm On May 21, 2016
U still don't get the point, #950m for grass. Them never talk watin they won buy.
hansad:
Establishing grazing reserves in the south of Nigeria is as good as establishkng Military Camtonments for Fulani to take over all of Nigeria.

Delete the N950 million for grazing reserves from the budge. Pig farmers in the south did not ask for reserves to farm pigs in the north.

Buhari has a very tall and out-dated ambition for his Fulani from Nigeria, Chad and Niger Republic.

Cattle is reared in enclosed farms these days. Cattle breeders buy the ranches for breeding cattle, government can only encourage banks to give loans to farmers, not government dishing out monies to private farmers.

As for talk of establishing grazing fields in the south of Nigeria, any law maker from the south who supported that must be drawn to the most crowded market place in his/her constituency and have the constituents stone the law maker to death.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by HomeOfMe(f): 6:13pm On May 21, 2016
cktheluckyman:
N940m grazing reserves for herdsmen: Lawmakers fault Buhari

May 21, 2016

http://www.punchng.com/n940m-grazing-reserves-for-herdsmen-lawmakers-fault-buhari/

There are millions of graduates looking for lands where they could start farming since there are no paid jobs.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by jayzblogng: 6:15pm On May 21, 2016
Remii:
my brother, there is so much hate in the land. If you don't want cows in your state, will you stop eating beef too? Tomatoes is already scarce now we want to add beef
U prefer. Beef to ur life? ****
Or haven't u heard that too much red meat is not healthy , we don't need this blood thirsty killers.

4 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by repogirl(f): 6:15pm On May 21, 2016
These Northerners need to think.... isn't it better for the Nama to sit in one place and eat the grass that it is provided with instead of walking off all the grass they eat?

Their nama dey trek, trek, trek so tey dem dry like kpanla.

I remember when I was in obudu cattle ranch some years back. There was this awesomely obese cow called Donald... all the cow does is eat and then enter it's cage back. The meat on that one cow reach like ten Fulani Nama!

The whole streets of Abuja is cows cows everywhere, they don't spare any grass o. Even flower sef, dey chop. I was just driving along the airport road this evening.

At the city gate ooo, this is the road that foreign dignitaries pass when they enter Abuja and what will we greet them with?

Right in the centre of the road, within the demarcation separating the opposite sides of the road, were cows eating grass. So unsightly!

I got to my estate and at the gates, another set of cows eating grass. Na wetin! Na only Nigeria get cows?

They should build ranches and store them there, it will benefit everybody in the end...it will even create business for people to supply them grass instead of the carrying their cows all over the country under the guise of looking for grass.

7 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by babestella: 6:16pm On May 21, 2016
Remii:

Abeg, the beef you eat in your house is it free of charge?

If Fulani have their ranch in their home states what stops them from using trucks to bring it down south to sell.

Because you eat tomatoes, the government will now come an take your land and give it to Fulani so they can plant the tomatoes you so much love to eat?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by diegwu01: 6:19pm On May 21, 2016
babestella:

That's my opinion and my stand. I'm completely against any move by buhari to take anyone's land for grazing. This is what is called " executive arm-twisting" and it must be condemned.
The FG is not taking anybody's land and envisaged by many, rather from the article they plan to purchase unused grass reserves
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Jhappy(f): 6:23pm On May 21, 2016
diegwu01:
Watch Nollywood movies of South East, Chinwetalu Agu, Patience Ozokwo, Pete Edochie portray the typical Biafran; Hate from Beginning to the End cast
The question now, why re they jus haters? Why? The last regime didn't favour the SW, yet they (SW) didn't allow themselves to be overtaken by hate for others!
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by cktheluckyman: 6:25pm On May 21, 2016
diegwu01:

The FG is not taking anybody's land and envisaged by many, rather from the article they plan to purchase unused grass reserves

So they will use govt money to "purchase" land for private fulani herdsmen to graze their cows ni? Are you for real?

7 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by modath(f): 6:26pm On May 21, 2016
Infinitikoncept:
So you are telling me all dix mumu honourables didn't even know the contents of the secret cult 'budget' yet they have constituency project? Its a good thing they align on saying NO but seriously these guys ain't worth their salary and allowances. A budget that spent eternity before final signing na him house rep dey yarn dem no sabi d 960M there. Please mo. how much was budgeted for refineries in that secret cult document?

Check the PDF attached, you'll see what engaged their attention... lipsrsealed

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/16/revealed-n100-billion-constituency-projects-nigerian-lawmakers-2016-budget
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Kingzelex(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2016
Dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by defash8: 6:26pm On May 21, 2016
I am happy everyone from the south is speaking with one voice against this grazing ranch in the south.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by babestella: 6:27pm On May 21, 2016
diegwu01:

Purchase land or not, buying grasses or not, let them set up their ranches in their states and do their business.

Why would FG spend money to import grasses, why can't business people in the private sector or even the cow owners themselves import the grasses and feed their cows and even sell to others.
Why must everything look obvious that it's clearly seen to favor some people in a country where we claim we are one and have vowed that instead if breaking, we'll all drown in the ocean.

5 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2016
modath:

Check the PDF attached, you'll see what engaged their attention... lipsrsealed

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/16/revealed-n100-billion-constituency-projects-nigerian-lawmakers-2016-budget
I refuse to believe it. Pmb can't allow them just share 100BN as constituency project. Pmb doesn't bribe.
Speaking in zombieism. By the time we'll see the truth in naija it will be too late.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Jhappy(f): 6:31pm On May 21, 2016
babestella:

Call it hate or whatever you like, show ne a northerner that likes an Igbo man, show me. I know bats like will come and scream hate, but saw nothing wrong in the bigot buhari calling some region5%, you wouldn't see any thing wrong in the lop-sided appointments buhari made completely ignoring the south but you'll support him to come take lands in the same south he maligned so that his kinsmen will have land to herd their cattle.
The hate card you played here is absolute rubbish, I have stated the obvious and fact.
You can take your hate card to the dessert for all I care. Nonsense.
I never supported pMB taking land from the south for grazing reserves! What I am saying is that Nothern state govs who ve all already indicated interest in the project should be allowed to create reserves and not for us to be criticising them blindly! Besides I ve not seen anywhere the president has indicated that he intends to steal land from the South for such purpose! Jus stop hating! U re being told that hausas hate ibos, but maybe u ve never lived there ursef! Don't believe evrytin u hear frm the bigots in ur area! Fulani herdsmen do not kill ibos only! They even kill themselves as well!The violence they perpetrate against themselves re sometimes not reported to authorities! They re jus like the animals they rear! Religion has no hold on them! Muslim clerics don not even think to approach them in the forest where they re domiciled! If hausas hate ibos I still wonder why they (ibos) wud rather prefer to die than leave the north! Stop the propaganda! Millions of ibos in the north don't want the country to divide! We should jus stop hating others! An average Ibos mentality is to hate evrybdy but themselves!
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by diegwu01: 6:40pm On May 21, 2016
cktheluckyman:

So they will use govt money to "purchase" land for private fulani herdsmen to graze their cows ni? Are you for real?
What you are asking is similar to a question like "Why should the government Build roads for me to run my private Business"?, its the culture of the Herdsmen to move around and feed and grow cattle its as old as civilization itself. If you decide to rear cattle , you can use the reserve, everyone is welcomed.

But this isn't the idea behind creating the reserve, the aim is to curtail the excesses of of the Evil and murderous terrorist amongst them. the Herdsmen issue has been in the governments burner for a very long time, thousands have been have been killed in clashes between them and farmers in the middle belts and northern region, if the government plans to restrict their movement, save lives and avoid clashes by purchasing reserves, i dont think its a bad idea
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Opharhe: 6:45pm On May 21, 2016
Wealthgang:

U made sense.
But FG is not forcefully taking lands from anybody or planning to do so.
The N940m is for d ministry of agric for land purchase.
Pple are just brewing storms in a teacup
What the govt. should do through the ministry of Agriculture is what is called farmer education for the fulani herdsmen especially in the best way they should relate with farmers they encounter in the course of grazing at least for the time being. But most importantly, they should be encouraged to set up ranches, and embrace modern systems- THAT'S THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION. There's more than enough lands for this up North. The ministry of Agric. can also create a productive value chain from this. Fallow lands can be irrigated up north and used for large-scale grass cultivation(i thought they were importing good quality ones from Brazil?), hay or other forms of feed bought by farmers and used in feeding the cattle; cow dung used for manure and even biogas etc. On financing, the FG should help by providing loans, just like it's done to other farmers, on single digit to cattle rearers wanting to establish ranches. N940 million(that's 1 Billion) of Nigeria's money for free to aid cattle farmers? It's outright partiality. This grazing reserve issue coming form the FG does not make sense. There are better ways to do these without trampling on the sensibilities of Nigerians.
FYI: Atiku has decided to take the bull by the horn by establishing ranches 'nationwide' and a big feed processing plant in Abuja(he already has one in Adamawa, his home state). That is the way to go.

Thanks sir.

4 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by lordyugo: 6:49pm On May 21, 2016
Jhappy:
The question now, why re they jus haters? Why? The last regime didn't favour the SW, yet they (SW) didn't allow themselves to be overtaken by hate for others!

ur pple up north keep butchering them at any slight religious provocation nd u hv d audacity to ask y they despise everything about u pple.
alll cos of dat twit lord lugard

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by comodo: 6:49pm On May 21, 2016
But why all these about cattle I tot these guys re Libyans. They re illegal immigrants simple & should be sent back to their country.
The ones that are Nigerians should be allowed to stay. However since we re moving forward the business owners should be given ultimatum within a certain period of time to developed their ranches for their cows. I don't know why FG is so much interested in this. Buhari should just use the same word "crush" if they don't comply. shikenna.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by comodo: 6:55pm On May 21, 2016
diegwu01:

What you are asking is similar to a question like "Why should the government Build roads for me to run my private Business"?, its the culture of the Herdsmen to move around and feed and grow cattle its as old as civilization itself. If you decide to rear cattle , you can use the reserve, everyone is welcomed.

But this isn't the idea behind creating the reserve, the aim is to curtail the excesses of of the Evil and murderous terrorist amongst them. the Herdsmen issue has been in the governments burner for a very long time, thousands have been have been killed in clashes between them and farmers in the middle belts and northern region, if the government plans to restrict their movement, save lives and avoid clashes by purchasing reserves, i dont think its a bad idea
Please come up with a better illustration. Road construction is a basic amenity just like electric power. Its for everyone's usage. Now the grazing thing is for who everyone Hell no. U think the western world were stupid to start up ranches??

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by omobaba101(m): 6:58pm On May 21, 2016
This is a bright idea - remove fuel subsidy and institute cattle rearing subsidy.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Opharhe: 6:58pm On May 21, 2016
diegwu01:

Ranching is a better option. Private ranches should be encouraged especially by providing soft loans, just like is done to other farmers to interested cattle rearers. Atiku has announced he's taking the bull by the horn in establishing ranches 'nationwide' to help the situation. He already has a feed processing plant in Adamawa and he's building a big feed plant for cattle, horses etc in Abuja. That's the way to go.

2 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Jhappy(f): 7:02pm On May 21, 2016
lordyugo:

ur pple up north keep butchering them at any slight religious provocation nd u hv d audacity to ask y they despise everything about u pple.
alll cos of dat twit lord lugard
Mind u am not a northerner but I want to also ask, re they (ibos) also being butchered in the SW because last I checked they also hate the SWners! The only pple the pretend to like re the pple of SS! U pple shud check urselves, why do u hate pple? If they re being butchered in the North like u claim, whu re they not ready to migrate to their homeland?
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by diegwu01: 7:03pm On May 21, 2016
comodo:
Please come up with a better illustration. Road construction is a basic amenity just like electric power. Its for everyone's usage. Now the grazing thing is for who everyone Hell no. U think the western world were stupid to start up ranches??
the Herdsmen dont need the electricity, they dont need the roads, they need where their cattle would feed, they are humans, they are Nigerians if the reserves or ranches can take care of that and avoid the frequent clashes, its a win win situation
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by lordyugo: 7:08pm On May 21, 2016
Jhappy:
Mind u am not a northerner but I want to also ask, re they (ibos) also being butchered in the SW! Last I checked they also hate the SWners! The only pple the pretend to like re the pple of SS! U pple shud check urselves, why do u hate pple?

Go back to class for history lessons then u knw why.
and its vry disrespectful being a self righteous hypocrite tryn to act like other tribes dnt hate igbos cos d r all saints, like tribalism is only peculiar to d igbos

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce / 2023: It’s Impossible – Dele Momodu Says Peter Obi Will Never Win The Election / Enugu 2023: I Am More Experienced Than Peter Obi - Chijioke Edeoga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.