Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,123 members, 7,811,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari (28017 Views)

List Of 16 States Ready To Establish Cattle Colonies For Herdsmen / If Things Are Not Going Well In Nigeria Is Not My Fault - BUHARI / FG To Build Ranches, Grazing Reserves For Fulani Herdsmen Across Nigeria – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by bizcoach22(m): 9:56pm On May 22, 2016
@ Aloeman.. Only a brainless person like you will fall for Zombie trick! Bird of the same feather... That uncircumcised dollard boo-aaa-ri, has islamic agenda. If any southerner, either east, west or ss fall for it, we are doom.

This mad president must be broom out of Aso Rock in 2019...
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by EasternLeopard: 10:04pm On May 22, 2016
Qualityfreedom:
Yoruba people are the cause of this problem we are facing in this country today, without Yoruba's voting for this cows, there is no way they will make it to Aso Rock. Imaging 1b naira to buy arms for herdsmen so that they will conquer the south.
I said it before and am saying it again,grazing bill is a national policy as a continuation of Islamic agenda of those cows in the ugwu.
Allocating 1b naira for terrorist, is it not worst than the corruption they are accusing gej government of. I understand that NASS approved budget they don't even know the content. confused and corrupt government lead by Aboki.

Precise
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by mfm04622: 6:01am On May 23, 2016
freeze001:

Don't forget that all the lands in this country belong to the people as ancestral heritages. It is for the purpose of law n order and administrative convenience that a government holds land in trust for the people. Fulani nomads are transient but still have a place of origin.

Now, people particularly farmers have always farmed from time immemorial. Those who go into crop agriculture or any other kind like poultry n rearing of other animals as a business normally have to buy more land or approach village heads of wherever they wish to operate and then abide by terms n conditions. The government in its role, subsidises fertiliser, farm machinery and whatnot but it is not free! How much more for the cattle rearers that have no ancestral link to a particular area! It will be offensive to the tradition of the original owners of the land especially when the same herders have been known for their violent and criminal activities.

That is why I said government should provide soft loans at low interest rates, training on standard ranching practices, and so on. Even the grass they are importing, it's a tolerable part of government contribution. If d government must provide lands then it should fall to the governors of the states. The cattle rearers in their committees or association can approach state governments for an allocation of land for the purpose and they should keep to the terms of acquisition, whether a lease, outright purchase or whatever. They ought not to traverse the length n boundaries of the states n regions because the FG has provided routes. It is also unconscionable for d FG to allocate scarce resources just for that purpose. Do they allocate money for providing agricultural land at Federal level?

FG do have lands that I allocated for farming. Please go and do your investigations. Most of those allocated those lands are not indegenes.
Have FG said access to the grazing reserves will be free? Govt lands (state or FG) are usually at token. I expect FG to charge a token for use of the grazing reserves.

Where do you think Nomads come from? Where do you think they can go and say I am from here and I need access to land?

The truth is we have to much lands unused while we have those that need access to the land. Please don't look at this from the angle of what th Fulani stand to gain. Thank non Fulani gain a lot too. Is 1B too much to pay for peace and security?

Let us walk in the Nomads shoes for a while and see things from their perspective. The Nomads are not educated, they are strangers where they are, they don't believe they will get justice from law enforcement officials. They have no home, no land, no car, no share certificate. I fact, no asset apart from those herds of cattle. If you are in this position and someone kill or steal all you have, what will be your reaction? Please remove yourself from your educated, reasonable state and imagine yourself as the illiterate nomad that has no trust in law enforcement officials. If course you will resort to self help. They do this for 2 reasons. 1 to punish them for destroying their livelihood and 2 as example to others.

Same for farmers. That his farm is what will feed his family for the year and he can't watch it get destroyed by the stupid stranger's cows. So don't you think t solution is to separate both parties? The owners of the lan won't lose the land, they will be paid Or relocated. We have been doing this as a nation for long. Lands on which federal infrastructure are sited are acquired in such ways. Why the war against settling a crisis that can cause famine and lead to countless loss of lives and properties? This solutions is being pursued not because Buhari is a Fulani. Same solution was identified by Jonathan, only he didn't implement before leaving. Let us support this. We will all benefit
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by freeze001(f): 7:06pm On May 23, 2016
mfm04622:

FG do have lands that I allocated for farming. Please go and do your investigations. Most of those allocated those lands are not indegenes.
Have FG said access to the grazing reserves will be free? Govt lands (state or FG) are usually at token. I expect FG to charge a token for use of the grazing reserves.

Where do you think Nomads come from? Where do you think they can go and say I am from here and I need access to land?

The truth is we have to much lands unused while we have those that need access to the land. Please don't look at this from the angle of what th Fulani stand to gain. Thank non Fulani gain a lot too. Is 1B too much to pay for peace and security?

Let us walk in the Nomads shoes for a while and see things from their perspective. The Nomads are not educated, they are strangers where they are, they don't believe they will get justice from law enforcement officials. They have no home, no land, no car, no share certificate. I fact, no asset apart from those herds of cattle. If you are in this position and someone kill or steal all you have, what will be your reaction? Please remove yourself from your educated, reasonable state and imagine yourself as the illiterate nomad that has no trust in law enforcement officials. If course you will resort to self help. They do this for 2 reasons. 1 to punish them for destroying their livelihood and 2 as example to others.

Same for farmers. That his farm is what will feed his family for the year and he can't watch it get destroyed by the stupid stranger's cows. So don't you think t solution is to separate both parties? The owners of the lan won't lose the land, they will be paid Or relocated. We have been doing this as a nation for long. Lands on which federal infrastructure are sited are acquired in such ways. Why the war against settling a crisis that can cause famine and lead to countless loss of lives and properties? This solutions is being pursued not because Buhari is a Fulani. Same solution was identified by Jonathan, only he didn't implement before leaving. Let us support this. We will all benefit

They should buy lands for themselves and set up ranches, simple! The idea of grazing routes is to enable them preserve their nomadic culture while traipsing the length and breath of Nigeria because FG created routes for them and that is rubbish! The South is not responsible for their nomadic lifestyle and should not condone it because they are a violent and hateful group!

If FG is that passionate about them then they should limit their operations and routes to the north where there's massive expanse of land.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by mfm04622: 11:28pm On May 23, 2016
freeze001:

They should buy lands for themselves and set up ranches, simple! The idea of grazing routes is to enable them preserve their nomadic culture while traipsing the length and breath of Nigeria because FG created routes for them and that is rubbish! The South is not responsible for their nomadic lifestyle and should not condone it because they are a violent and hateful group!

If FG is that passionate about them then they should limit their operations and routes to the north where there's massive expanse of land.

As Nigerians, they have the right as you do to go ANYWHERE in Nigeria and do their BUSINESS! Simple! I can bet you are not in your village at the moment. You are in somebody else land! So how can you stop others from staying in your land? Grazing reserves will confine them to the reserve, they lose the right to go everywhere! So they are losing too. Am sure the reserves will not be well managed by whoever is employed to manage them, forcing herders to buy land in the end. Let us start by confining them, they will see the wisdom in buying land for ranches
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by freeze001(f): 12:21am On May 24, 2016
mfm04622:

As Nigerians, they have the right as you do to go ANYWHERE in Nigeria and do their BUSINESS! Simple! I can bet you are not in your village at the moment. You are in somebody else land! So how can you stop others from staying in your land? Grazing reserves will confine them to the reserve, they lose the right to go everywhere! So they are losing too. Am sure the reserves will not be well managed by whoever is employed to manage them, forcing herders to buy land in the end. Let us start by confining them, they will see the wisdom in buying land for ranches

And there you have it! Their business and not government or public business! They can go anywhere and do their business but conducting that business cannot be allowed to constitute a threat to the lives and properties of others. Since you are sure and you know for certain that the reserves will not be managed properly, why create room for rubbish in the first place? Of course it will be mismanaged because it is government property and even the government is privatizing things and sectors formerly wholly managed by it. There is wisdom and common sense in buying land and setting up ranches because they will know it is their own investment and work to ensure it is profitable so they better start it up now with the govt assistance like soft loans, subsidized feeds and machinery available including training.

I am not in my village and I did not wander into anywhere to just start plying any trade in the hope that they will dash me house, land and shop. I came, paid my rent in line with agreed terms and conditions, offered my services and got hired hence being gainfully employed and paying my taxes from income earned. That is how to go anywhere in Nigeria and do business! I did not kill, trespass or constitute a nuisance! It is only in my village I can do anyhow because that is my ancestral home and even that is within reason!

2 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by decomaniaboss(f): 8:33am On Oct 03, 2016
freeze001:
Good! Where are those godforsaken mammals on this forum that will support even the rape of their mothers n sisters because they trust Buhari and believe in him as incorruptible? Come and tell him to unleash the army too in the South, East n Middle Belt because you believe in his grazing reserves/routes as well!

Shebi the possessed skeleton said that it is unthinkable for anyone to drive them from the South? Ngwanu! Let us see whether that thing he drinks will deceive him enough with Aisha n co rubbing his bald pate so that he thinks he is invincible! We will bury him, his fulani brethren n their cattle alive!

No simple sense of courtesy or obedience to the rule of law! Always wanting to ride roughshod over others with brute violence! He will learn that even with all the armed forces at his disposal, he is no match for people who will defend their homelands by all means.
I have been watching ,can't see any of these bastard ...but you no why Cos this touch they land they properties...so the hypocrites won't bow down for that ...but if it was a bill impose on a particular region they will jump on it for validation ...tunder fire all of them
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by decomaniaboss(f): 8:47am On Oct 03, 2016
blackpanda:

Kindly find a therapist to reset ur brain. I am not yoruba! Racist
racist? Yoruba is a tribe not a color

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch / Nigerian Government Adopts Measures To Reduce Food Prices / Archbishop Okogie Writes Buhari An Open Letter: Are You A Nigerian Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.