Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari (28020 Views)

List Of 16 States Ready To Establish Cattle Colonies For Herdsmen / If Things Are Not Going Well In Nigeria Is Not My Fault - BUHARI / FG To Build Ranches, Grazing Reserves For Fulani Herdsmen Across Nigeria – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 21, 2016
this is a ploy to allow the north today domination of nigeria. if this succeeds, the next 50 yrs there shall be emir of onitcha, enugu, ibadan etc. the
fulani conquers anywhere they go. through politics or religious motive, they will subdue the south, as they conquered the hausas.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Opharhe: 7:15pm On May 21, 2016
Jhappy:
I never supported pMB taking land from the south for grazing reserves! What I am saying is that Nothern state govs who ve all already indicated interest in the project should be allowed to create reserves and not for us to be criticising them blindly! Besides I ve not seen anywhere the president has indicated that he intends to steal land from the South for such purpose! Jus stop hating! U re being told that hausas hate ibos, but maybe u ve never lived there ursef! Don't believe evrytin u hear frm the bigots in ur area! Fulani herdsmen do not kill ibos only! They even kill themselves as well!The violence they perpetrate against themselves re sometimes not reported to authorities! They re jus like the animals they rear! Religion has no hold on them! Muslim clerics don not even think to approach them in the forest where they re domiciled! If hausas hate ibos I still wonder why they (ibos) wud rather prefer to die than live the north! Stop the propaganda! Millions of ibos in the north don't want the country to divide! We should jus stop hating others! An average Ibos mentality is to hate evrybdy but themselves!
I understand your point sir. But what we're saying is the FG shouldn't make this look like the way they're making it appear. States have power over land. Nobody can stop the Kaduna state govt. for example from establishing reserve or whatever. So the FG should work with the Northern states who are will to key into this project provided it's sustainable. The power to allocate land resides with the Governor of a state. But what most sountherners are saying is if any fulani or anybody at all wants land for cattle business or soothing like that, come and obtain the land, the normal way, establish a ranch and keep your cattle with the confines of that ranch so that it doesn't disturb farmers. On the issue of finance, the FG and willing state govts can provide soft loans to them to encourage would-be ranchers, just like it's done to other farmers, instead ot this outright dash. I hope you understand the point.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by chigoizie7(m): 7:21pm On May 21, 2016
Thewrath:

Private ranching is the way to go,rearing cattle outside these ranches should be criminalised!
The lawmakers representing delta state constituency need to be very vocal regarding this issue,because the herdsmen are already close to us in delta.

just like the northern lawmakers termed the 2014 confab report,it's a no go area!

You can imagine the insincerity of this govt,that even our lawmakers are finding it hard to know which version of a whole 2016 budget anyone is using.

So buhari sneaked a whole #940million budget for grazing reserve without the backing of the legislatives shocked shocked

This man na thief o

That is almost N1billion, for some set of people doing their businesses and reaping the profits all alone.

The lawmakers are even more daft. They should also map out 5billion and use to to build stalls or shops all over naija and then dash it to any businessman/woman.

Because that is exactly what pmb just did.

U are crying that u don't have money, but u have almost a billion naira from a year budget to dash to some sets of business men/women whose source of livelihood is through cattle herding, these people don't pay tax oh, yet they sell their cattles and pocket the money,

And some one will tell me that PMB is impatial

6 Likes

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by comodo: 7:21pm On May 21, 2016
Jhappy:
Mind u am not a northerner but I want to also ask, re they (ibos) also being butchered in the SW because last I checked they also hate the SWners! The only pple the pretend to like re the pple of SS! U pple shud check urselves, why do u hate pple? If they re being butchered in the North like u claim, whu re they not ready to migrate to their homeland?
What happens between East & West is competition. Its like Man U & Man City. none of the 2 sides has ever drawn a sword against the other. But try it with d North.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Jhappy(f): 7:29pm On May 21, 2016
Opharhe:
I understand your point sir. But what we're saying is the FG shouldn't make this look like the way they're making it appear. States have power over land. Nobody can stop the Kaduna state govt. for example from establishing reserve or whatever. So the FG should work with the Northern states who are will to key into this project provided it's sustainable. The power to allocate land resides with the Governor of a state. But what most sountherners are saying is if any fulani or anybody at all wants land for cattle business or soothing like that, come and obtain the land, the normal way, establish a ranch and keep your cattle with the confines of that ranch so that it doesn't disturb farmers. On the issue of finance, the FG and willing state govts can provide soft loans to them to encourage would-be ranchers, just like it's done to other farmers, instead ot this outright dash. I hope you understand the point.
U and I re completely on same page on this! And I also insist that FG cannot and will not impose it on unwilling states! And I am yet to see any indication that it (FG) intends to do so! Am jus appalled at pple taking advantage of the whole issue to blackmail the FG as a Jiahadist and land grabbing marauder! If u ask me I do not even want grazing reserves in the South!

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by mfm04622: 7:32pm On May 21, 2016
You are crying Private Ranching, what will happen to the herder that don't have the means to go into private ranching? Create more unemployment? The USA, land of capitalism have public lands (mean Government land) that is reserved for grazing animals! The land will NOT b given to them! It will remain Government land available for all to use! This will also ensure that herders are taxed, their children can go to school, farmers can farm in peace, etc! Yes, private ranching is good, but we need to start from somewhere
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Jhappy(f): 7:33pm On May 21, 2016
comodo:
What happens between East & West is competition. Its like Man U & Man City. none of the 2 sides has ever drawn a sword against the other. But try it with d North.
Don't even try to down play it! Ibos hate yorubas! Its beyond competition! Ibos can't do witout hating others!
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by comodo: 7:34pm On May 21, 2016
diegwu01:

the Herdsmen dont need the electricity, they dont need the roads, they need where their cattle would feed, they are humans, they are Nigerians if the reserves or ranches can take care of that and avoid the frequent clashes, its a win win situation
I really laugh in Swahili. If u say they don't need roads and they don't need electricity? are we in stone age?? Perhaps Ur a business man or an employer of labour. You paid for the office you are using right?. Your motive for d payment is because u re making money from it. Now to d cattle thing. Its someone private business, managed by d herders. Why won't d owner just like u keep his investment in a ranch instead of destroying other peoples investments.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Jhappy(f): 7:39pm On May 21, 2016
lordyugo:

Go back to class for history lessons then u knw why.
and its vry disrespectful being a self righteous hypocrite tryn to act like other tribes dnt hate igbos cos d r all saints, like tribalism is only peculiar to d igbos
The question u need to objectively ask ursef is, why is it ibos versus others! U really don't ve to reply this post with an answer! Jus be objective to ursef!
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by titiakins: 7:40pm On May 21, 2016
Sctests:
But yoruba muslims like joborskills, blackpanda and dropshot wants grazing reserve for fulanis.
Don't mind them ooo
They are Fulanis
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by comodo: 7:42pm On May 21, 2016
Jhappy:
Don't even try to down play it! Ibos hate yorubas! Its beyond competition! Ibos can't do witout hating others!
You remind me a fellow I met in camp years back from Southern Kaduna. He was asking for the guys that are ibos in d room we were all sharing. He said his granny told him that ibos are wicked and they eat any non IBO. we showed him ibos among us lo & behold his paddy man is one. The moral is banters are not hatred. Hatred is when u draw a sword. u see the other as an infidel. u won't touch the other with a long pole

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by lordyugo: 7:52pm On May 21, 2016
Jhappy:
The question u need to objectively ask ursef is, why is it ibos versus others! U really don't ve to reply this post with an answer! Jus be objective to ursef!

funny u said be objective.
Cos d question should be why others against d igbos?

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by obailala(m): 7:54pm On May 21, 2016
The Edo State House of Assembly comprises 24 members. One of the Assembly’s principal officers, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Saturday PUNCH that [size=13pt]the issue of grazing reserves would not be mentioned on the floor of the House let alone being discussed.[/size] According to him, creating grazing reserves will provoke a bigger problem that will be difficult to address.
This was the icing on the cake grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by JackBizzle: 7:59pm On May 21, 2016
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Opharhe: 8:30pm On May 21, 2016
Jhappy:
U and I re completely on same page on this! And I also insist that FG cannot and will not impose it on unwilling states! And I am yet to see any indication that it (FG) intends to do so! Am jus appalled at pple taking advantage of the whole issue to blackmail the FG as a Jiahadist and land grabbing marauder! If u ask me I do not even want grazing reserves in the South!
You see, people have their fears i don't totally blame them. They have reasons, substantial sometimes. So the onus lies on the FG through the minister of Agriculture to be very transparent on this matter. They should unveil a concise policy direction on these issue, carry all the necessary stake-holders along and you'll see the tension douse. Didn't you see the proposed 'grazing reserves bill' being peddled around the other time? Tell me who'll see that on the other side and not be afraid. Mind you, the ranks of the Miyatti Allah association always okayed the proposal whenever they were asked about it which only means they know about it. The DSP, Ekweremadu later came out to say there was no such bill before the senate but that such bill will not even sail through if it came up.

Note: parts of the so-called bill says the President himself will appoint the chairman of the grazing authority and one(maybe an aggrieved farmer or so) can sue them only after receiving permission for the Attorney-general of the federation. Well, lemme not go too far but the FG should come out clean and be transparent on this matter because it's very sensitive.
Thanks sir.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by m1500: 8:46pm On May 21, 2016
diegwu01:

What you are asking is similar to a question like "Why should the government Build roads for me to run my private Business"?, its the culture of the Herdsmen to move around and feed and grow cattle its as old as civilization itself. If you decide to rear cattle , you can use the reserve, everyone is welcomed.

But this isn't the idea behind creating the reserve, the aim is to curtail the excesses of of the Evil and murderous terrorist amongst them. the Herdsmen issue has been in the governments burner for a very long time, thousands have been have been killed in clashes between them and farmers in the middle belts and northern region, if the government plans to restrict their movement, save lives and avoid clashes by purchasing reserves, i dont think its a bad idea

What's wrong with private ranches? Is cattle rearing not 100% private?
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by 400billionman: 9:01pm On May 21, 2016
agbangam:
Previous govt did nothing about dis Fulani issue, rather their "do nothing action" allow d crisis to escalate. Right now we have a sensible govt dat wants to end d crisis and prevent cattle from roaming and destroying farms but some yeye pple won't contribute their own idea on how to stop d menance rather all dey wud do is to insult PMB for trying to end it.

Abroad, cattle are raised in ranches ?

Humanbeings are not killed nor farms burnt to raise cows.

Are you okay with my input now ?
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by 400billionman: 9:04pm On May 21, 2016
misscall247:
Buhari is corrupt..........

Selfishness is not corruption.

Lopsided appointments is not corruption.

Bigotry is not corruption.

Buharry nah cow messiah. He came to save Nigerian cattle.

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Mackson01: 9:05pm On May 21, 2016
Ranching is the new practice for raising cattle & they are fed with formulated feeds & hay. They do better bicos the animals do not burn off so much energy, as in grazing.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Ugosample(m): 9:09pm On May 21, 2016
Wealthgang:

U made sense. But FG is not forcefully taking lands from anybody or planning to do so. The N940m is for d ministry of agric for land purchase. Pple are just brewing storms in a teacup
My question is why is land bought in behalf of the herdsmen? Can't they use the money to buy it for themselves?
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by 400billionman: 9:09pm On May 21, 2016
Wealthgang:
The sad thing is, a lot of d pple who have commented here can't read n comprehend. Ignorant hate-filled bigots

“Meanwhile, a cross-section of senators from the SOUTHERN part of the country explained that the N940m in the 2016 budget was NOT meant for the controversial grazing reserves.”

“The Chairman, Senate Committee on Information,
ENYINNAYA ABARIBE, said the executive could not vote
money for the controversial grazing reserve routes without
sending a bill for its creation.
Abaribe said there was NO bill before the National
Assembly on the establishment of grazing reserves.”

He said, “The Federal Ministry of Agriculture wants to use
the N940m in its budget to purchase land, in any part of
the country and create grazing reserves which will act as
last option in case of any emergency...”

Also, the senator representing Oyo South, Adesoji Akanbi,
said......“We don’t have any problem with the Federal
Ministry of Agriculture buying lands to carry out any
project, but we are opposed to forceful takeover of state
lands to create routes exclusively for herdsmen”

That is all u need to know abt grazing reserves. Nobody said they'll chase u out of ur land or forcefully take ur land to give to fulani cattle rearers. Saying so is simply making senseless strawman arguments.
If people/communities do not willingly sell lands to d ministry of Agric, no one will come there and forcefully take their land(s). That's why we have lawyers.

Be informed and stop following popular unreasonable trends or hashtags

What amount of land will be sold to Ministry of Agriculture for paltry N940m in 36 states ?

So cattle rearing is now a national business ? Do they pay tax or contribute to Foreign Exchange earnings ?

Mind yaself o.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Tellemall: 9:19pm On May 21, 2016
diegwu01:

What you are asking is similar to a question like "Why should the government Build roads for me to run my private Business"?, its the culture of the Herdsmen to move around and feed and grow cattle its as old as civilization itself. If you decide to rear cattle , you can use the reserve, everyone is welcomed.

But this isn't the idea behind creating the reserve, the aim is to curtail the excesses of of the Evil and murderous terrorist amongst them. the Herdsmen issue has been in the governments burner for a very long time, thousands have been have been killed in clashes between them and farmers in the middle belts and northern region, if the government plans to restrict their movement, save lives and avoid clashes by purchasing reserves, i dont think its a bad idea

Your comparison between roads and personal business is just analogous.

Why is it that supporters of the bill do not demand free fertilizers and land for other people doing their PRIVATE, PERSONAL businesses?

What makes a bunch of marauders so much more important than states that such a chunk of the budget should be allocated to making them comfortable.

Call a spade a spade. What are the true reasons for funding all this?

Rather than using the military to CRUSH/BOMB OUT these herdsmen, the decision has been made to give a lot of money to making terrorists from Libya (to borrow the words now being used to describe Hausa people) more comfortable. It's this the serious stance of the leader who Nigerians voted in?

Can we treat violence with gentility in all aspects nationally, or is it a selective preference?

Is the government going to appease everybody or only just the strangers from Libya with guns, instead of disarming them and deporting them?

Be honest with yourself. Stop being so anti Igbo and try and see beyond the colors of bigotry.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by mosclement: 9:22pm On May 21, 2016
I pity this country calld nigeria
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Tellemall: 9:23pm On May 21, 2016
Jhappy:

I'm not Igbo, but do you not think it could also be the other way around too?

You sound so full of hate, so bigoted, so very Mohammedan. All your posts on this thread show you to be so full of hate for igbo people that you begin to reek of the very thing you think you're condemning.You people (Mohammedans) are an intolerant lot. You hate everything that's not one of you. Yet you claim to be peaceful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by tolfyn(f): 9:29pm On May 21, 2016
Who initiated the bill self? FG earmarking taxpayers money for CRAZY RESERVES for his own ppl. What about business reserves for other tribes? Afterall it is national cake. Why can't the president educate his people and curb them of their incessant killings in the country. Or is he trying to fix all those killers in each state across the country for easy access to their drastic acts?
Is grazing reserves part of his campaign promises? I wonder what the so call prof-vp osibanjo is doing. He needs to realised that taxpayers money are not for a particular sets of people to spend unecessarily.
We don't want and we don't need a grazing reserves, instead stop the fulanis nomadic lifestyles
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by smogup: 9:37pm On May 21, 2016
agbangam:
Previous govt did nothing about dis Fulani issue, rather their "do nothing action" allow d crisis to escalate. Right now we have a sensible govt dat wants to end d crisis and prevent cattle from roaming and destroying farms but some yeye pple won't contribute their own idea on how to stop d menance rather all dey wud do is to insult PMB for trying to end it.
. Shharrapp!
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Tex42(m): 10:07pm On May 21, 2016
Dereformer:
Oh! Thank you Almighty God. This is happening in my life time. So SE, SS, SW and MB can actually support the same course. This is unbelievable, especially for SE and SW to speak with one voice and stand on the same page.

Imagine what will happen if these four regions: SE, SS, SW and MB align together politically.

Now back to the issue. I thought they said that 85% of lands in Nigeria belong to the North. So why not create a grazing reserve in the North and leave the south and MB alone!
lol! It is happening in ur time.

But seriously, it is an encouraging development to see all the southern regions in one accord and speaking with one voice. Have always said it that the worst thing that happened Nigeria is the discord prevalent in the socio-economic atmosphere of the southern region. The North knows this, and have been using it against the south to "check" most of their political plots and remain in power.

Well, it's better late than never; if the south will 2day put their differences aside and unit, I think naija will be a haven for us all and perhaps we(south) can deliver naija from this madness and bloodshed Buhari is planning to bring upon us.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by kevwemike: 10:22pm On May 21, 2016
fuckDmod:
This jihadist presidiat should quit bitching jorh,wtf is wrong with hi,he should use the whole of north to creaye grazing land,but nobody in the south gonna secede land for this ewu awusha oh.see how much he budget for filty libyans self,abi he dn turn libyan's to his kinsmen
do u blame ur dull president alone wat abt the dullest voiceless vice president u hv dat hv no say. God will help Nigeria, and please my pple stop buying coconut from this Northern they have started poison them, a groom and a best man just died in warri today on is wedding day for eaten coconut.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 21, 2016
kevwemike:
do u blame ur dull president alone wat abt the dullest voiceless vice president u hv dat hv no say. God will help Nigeria, and please my pple stop buying coconut from this Northern they have started poison them, a groom and a best man just died in warri today on is wedding day for eaten coconut.
nawa oh what would they gain with all this evil,what type if wicked tribe are they,very heartless people

1 Like

Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 21, 2016
agbangam:
Previous govt did nothing about dis Fulani issue, rather their "do nothing action" allowed d crisis to escalate. Right now we have a sensible govt dat wants to end d crisis and prevent cattle from roaming and destroying farms but some yeye pple won't contribute their own idea on how to stop d menance rather all dey wud do is to insult PMB for trying to end it.
By forcefully collecting my father's land?? In the Constitution under the land use act it's the state government that has the power to do that and even the cheifs and King of the community must be consulted. This is one issue A've seen that everyone in the sw se ss mb are speaking with one voice which is NO. BUHARI should think of another solution, oil importers are pleading with the federal government to provide forex for importation of fuel we all need and they are ignored instead he asked them to source for forex in the black market at 280 naira per dollar and expect them to compete with nnpc getting forex for cbn for 199 naira. Instead of making provisions we all need he wants to buy land in the back of my father's house for Aboki sad nonsence.
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by GreyLaw(m): 10:33pm On May 21, 2016
Tellemall:

I'm not Igbo, but do you not think it could also be the other way around too?

You sound so full of hate, so bigoted, so very Mohammedan. All your posts on this thread show you to be so full of hate for igbo people that you begin to reek of the very thing you think you're condemning.You people (Mohammedans) are an intolerant lot. You hate everything that's not one of you. Yet you claim to be peaceful.

A billion likes for you! He's trying hard to sound like a saint, but his hate is so glaring!
Re: 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari by comrChris(m): 10:43pm On May 21, 2016
adding #940mil into the budget through the back door for a grazing reserve whatever is a very big corruption and an insult to our lawmakers n every Nigerian by buhari,,so upon all these cries by Nigerians that we don't want this bill buhari went ahead to add it to the budget and not just that he mapped huge amount of money for it in a time like this where an average Nigerian is finding very hard to feed, what a great negligence n insult to the masses that voted this man into power...
we are watching n waiting for him

In other words LANICKY has gotten my vote, pls lets join hands and crown this beautiful lady miss nairaland 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Profile Of Justice Walter Onnoghen, The New Chief Justice Of Nigeria / NDLEA Arrests Party Agents With Money Cards In Ogun (Picture) / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.