Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? (2300 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor / Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by cooltobex(m): 2:31pm On May 21, 2016
Why can't everyone, both good and bad people, just go to heaven and live forever? Does it mean that God just wants to punish some people? What do you think? www.stillsmallvoiceblog..com/2016/05/does-god-take-pleasure-in-seeing-bad.html?m=1#more
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by pcoolioz(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2016
why can't we all just pass our exams without reading?
why can't we all just sit home and be rich?
why can't we all not fall I'll even if we eat what we like?
I think the same concept goes for all, we won't understand the value of some things if there isn't a kainna clause attached.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by orunto27: 4:09pm On May 21, 2016
You want Food, you pay for it. Heaven is for The Righteous. You want to enter, pay by. being righteous.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by cloudgoddess(f): 4:28pm On May 21, 2016
orunto27:
You want Food, you pay for it. Heaven is for The Righteous. You want to enter, pay by. being righteous.
Heaven is for people who believe in a particular deity. There is Muslim heaven, Jewish heaven, Hindu heaven, Tao heaven. It has nothing to do with being a righteous person, all that matters is that you believe in the right god.

Furthermore, why should a perfectly loving god need to limit his love to only those that "pay" with belief, righteousness, whatever? Why does he need petty human payments in exchange for his love when his love is supposed to be boundless and unconditional?

Something's not adding up.

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 21, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Heaven is for people who believe in a particular deity. There is Muslim heaven, Jewish heaven, Hindu heaven, Tao heaven. It has nothing to do with being a righteous person, all that matters is that you believe in the right god.

Furthermore, why should a perfectly loving god need to limit his love to only those that "pay" with belief, righteousness, whatever? Why does he need petty human payments in exchange for his love when his love is supposed to be boundless and unconditional?

Everything isn't adding up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 21, 2016
Well we can't all just head off to heaven......all the churches will go out of business.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Nobody: 2:22am On May 22, 2016
cooltobex:
Why can't everyone, both good and bad people, just go to heaven and live forever? Does it mean that God just wants to punish some people? What do you think? www.stillsmallvoiceblog..com/2016/05/does-god-take-pleasure-in-seeing-bad.html?m=1#more
Because God cannot stand wickedness. You must be surrounded by alot of good people to ask this op.

Do you know what will happen to heaven when sorcerers go there? Heaven will be a place of sorcery.
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Amberon11: 3:48am On May 22, 2016
There is only one heaven. And no, God doesn't require a price as we wouldn't be able to pay for it. If you call being righteous a price then I can't help you.
cloudgoddess:

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Shollyps(m): 6:26am On May 22, 2016
Amberon11:
There is only one heaven. And no, God doesn't require a price as we wouldn't be able to pay for it. If you call being righteous a price then I can't help you.
only one heaven?... and that is Allah's heaven...

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Shollyps(m): 6:38am On May 22, 2016
it will be too boring for god now... everybody in heaven.... no. way....he will like to see those who doesn't believe in him born in hell forever....those fools call atheist... who blasphemed against him ...can't sit with him in heaven now....... ohhh....less I forget....you av to choose the right god as well...if not ....you are doomed....Christian are going to Muslim hell....Muslim going to Christian hell.......

I wonder what's the criteria for making heaven?....

maybe believing in irrational stories from unreliable sources(Bible n Quran)..... since your righteousness can't even take you there unless you believe in the right god n prophet....I wonder who take that heaven serious?... who will want to sit with that partial god for eternity?...a god who cannot even judge correctly..... no matter how many good you have done..how many life you change n how you have help humanity... the very fact that you don't believe a Jew died for your sin.. or an Arab was sent by god....then no place for you in heaven.....

..who take that god serious?

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Histrings08(m): 6:42am On May 22, 2016
Pfft... Seriously?
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Histrings08(m): 6:45am On May 22, 2016
[quote author=Shollyps post=45851442]it will be too boring for god now... everybody in heaven.... no. way....he will like to see those who doesn't believe in him born in hell forever....those fools call atheist... who blasphemed against him ...can't sit with him in heaven now....... ohhh....less I forget....you av to choose the right god as well...if not ....you are doomed....Christian are going to Muslim hell....Muslim going to Christian hell.......

I wonder what's the criteria for making heaven?...

maybe believing in irrational stories from unreliable sources(Bible n Quran)..... since your righteousness can't even take you there unless you believe in the right god n prophet....I wonder who take that heaven serious?... who will want to sit with that partial god for eternity?...a god who cannot even judge correctly..... no matter how many good you have done..how many life you change n how you have help humanity... the very fact that you don't believe a Jew died for your sin.. or an Arab was sent by god....then no place for you in heaven..... ?

..who take that god serious?[/quoteIf u can do all those things, then why did u find it difficult to just bliv nd accept jesus christ as ur Lord and saviour.. Tz a simple Buh a decisive step nd God will help you to take it on time
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by firstking01(m): 6:50am On May 22, 2016
cooltobex:
if it is so, then there wouldn't 've been a second life cos heaven is earnedundecided
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Splinz(m): 9:29am On May 22, 2016
cloudgoddess:

You have a valid argument.

God is a loving Father who loves all of His children. This thought of yours arises as a result of being told that some people will burn in fire forever while some will go to heaven. This belief is COMPLETELY false! No loving father will sit back and watch his children burn. You're not to blame for this mislead, those impostors parading themselves as pastors and preachers have the greater condemnation.

And to you, have you ever cared to open the Bible and comfirm these things by yourself or you just swallow it intoto? I tell you, the moment you're previledge to hear God's plan for mankind, you're certainly bound to think twice!
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by BetterChurch: 9:50am On May 22, 2016
"Nothing unclean shall enter heaven." The seemingly endless wheel of reincarnation is to ensure soul finally gain purification before ascension into heaven. Eventually no soul shall be lost.
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 22, 2016
No, no, no. Don't put pastors out of business

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Shollyps(m): 2:29pm On May 22, 2016
[quote author=Histrings08 post=45851546][/quote]lol...why did you find it difficult to believe in Muhammad?
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by cooltobex(m): 2:53pm On May 22, 2016
Muafrika2:

Because God cannot stand wickedness. You must be surrounded by alot of good people to ask this op.

Do you know what will happen to heaven when sorcerers go there? Heaven will be a place of sorcery.
Thanks for your response. You should follow the link and read my thoughts. I tried answering it there. Thanks again.
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by sorextee(m): 3:07pm On May 22, 2016
walahi, something is not really adding up.

cloudgoddess:

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by orunto27: 3:11pm On May 22, 2016
Heaven is for all of God's creatures irrespective of how they relate to Him. Everyone will face judgement and a test of Righteousness before anyone enters.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 22, 2016
Splinz:
God is a loving Father who loves all of His children.

Are you sure? I mean, all through the old testament, his love was rather one-sided and focused towards just the Isrealites, up to the point that on various occasions, he marched them into the land of his other children, who you claim he also loves, to kill and dominate them.

Splinz:
This thought of yours arises as a result of being told that some people will burn in fire forever, while some will go to heaven. This belief is COMPLETELY false! No loving father will sit back and watch his children burn You're not to blame for this mislead, those impostors parading themselves as pastors and preachers have the greater condemnation

@bolded. Come on, the same loving father of yours sat back and watched as his children drowned in the flood during the time of Noah. If he can watch that, he can watch anything, don't you think?

And are you saying that hell doesn't exist? That there is no punishment for sinners?

Splinz:
And to you, have you ever cared to open the Bible and comfirm these things by yourself or you just swallow it intoto? I tell you, the moment you're previledge to hear God's plan for mankind, you're certainly bound to think twice!

What's this special plan of his for mankind?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Splinz(m): 5:59pm On May 22, 2016
Decker:

Are you sure? I mean, all through the old testament, his love was rather one-sided and focused towards just the Isrealites, up to the point that on various occasions, he marched them into the land of his other children, who you claim he also loves, to kill and dominate them.

@bolded. Come on, the same loving father of yours sat back and watched as his children drowned in the flood during the time of Noah. If he can watch that, he can watch anything, don't you think?

And are you saying that hell doesn't exist? That there is no punishment for sinners?

What's this special plan of his for mankind?
Good questions. But, I doubt if you sincerely seek answers to these questions.
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 22, 2016
Splinz:

Good questions. But, I doubt if you sincerely seek answers to these questions.

Of course I do. Asking questions is one of the best ways to learn, and we are all learning everyday, aren't we? Another way we learn is by listening to the opinions of others, and I want to get your own opinion.

Don't you have answers to the questions I asked? Can't you defend your beliefs and assertions?
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Splinz(m): 6:37pm On May 22, 2016
Decker:

Of course I do. Asking questions is one of the best ways to learn, and we are all learning everyday, aren't we? Another way we learn is by listening to the opinions of others, and I want to get your own opinion.

Don't you have answers to the questions I asked? Can't you defend your beliefs and assertions?
Yeah, you're right. I've already acknowledged your questions as "good" ones, which means, they deserves a response from me. But then, it is written, “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces“. Do not attempt to interpret the boldface, lest you do it to your hurt.

All of your questions can be answered satisfactorily. But then again, I still doubt your sincerity to these questions.
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 22, 2016
Splinz:

Yeah, you're right. I've already acknowledged your questions as "good" ones, which means, they deserves a response from me. But then, it is written, “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces“. Do not attempt to interpret the boldface, lest you do it to your hurt.

All of your questions can be answered satisfactorily. But then again, I still doubt your sincerity to these questions.

It's really funny how you just take random verses from the scripture and use them to support notions that are not in anyway related to the context in which those verses were initially used.

Dude, just answer the question. If you can't, just tell me. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Splinz(m): 6:55pm On May 22, 2016
Decker:

It's really funny how you guys just take random verses from the scripture and use them to support notions that are not in anyway related to the context in which those verses were initially used.

Lol. Dude, just answer the question. If you can't, just tell me. grin
You see! This is what I'm saying! You're making mockery of the Scripture I used as if you know jack about it! What context is that Scripture used or is meant?
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 22, 2016
Splinz:

You see! This is what I'm saying! You're making mockery of the Scripture I used as if you know jack about it! What context is that Scripture used or is meant?

You see how you guys evade questions? I asked you simple questions, and instead of you to answer them, you are throwing totally unrelated questions back at me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Splinz(m): 7:30pm On May 22, 2016
Decker:

You see how you guys evade questions? I asked you simple questions, and instead of you to answer them, you are throwing totally unrelated questions back at me.
There's no questions of yours that I can shy away from answering. The truth is, you're not a true seeker! I don't engage in useless wranglings that doesn't edify anyone.
Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 22, 2016
Splinz:

There's no questions of yours that I can shy away from answering. The truth is, you're not a true seeker! I don't engage in useless wranglings that doesn't edify anyone.

You Christians are always quick to impose your beliefs on others, but when someone questions these beliefs, you resort to stylishly evading them and playing the victim. It's quite sad I must say.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:03pm On May 22, 2016
Splinz:
God is a loving Father who loves all of His children.
There are several instances in the bible that indicate otherwise. Noah's ark is an obvious one. The flagrant support of slavery is another.

have you ever cared to open the Bible and comfirm these things by yourself
Indeed I have, many times and it's unfortunately spilling over with needless bloodshed, commanded by an egomaniacal, barbaric warlord "god" who loves the smell of blood and foreskins. Clearly an invention by 1st century middle-eastern men with the same mentality.

Joshua. The Lord loves destruction, war, and killing.
When the trumpets sounded, the army shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the men gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so everyone charged straight in, and they took the city. They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys. 6:20-21

Leviticus. God enjoys ruthless killing for small mistakes.
All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. 20:9
If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. 20:10
A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. 21:9

Deuteronomy. Non-virgins should be stoned on their wedding night, God commands it.
But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. 22:20-21

These aren't even 3% of the barbarism in the bible commanded and carried out by Yahweh.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:20pm On May 22, 2016
Amberon11:
There is only one heaven.
According to you, a Christian. A Muslim would say the same for theirs. So would a Hindu for theirs.

God doesn't require a price as we wouldn't be able to pay for it.
I'm sorry but this sounds very silly, like you're trying to argue semantics. The point is that god requires conditions before he can show his love. Conditional love is the exact opposite of unconditional love.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Everyone Just Go To Heaven Without Punishment For Anyone? by Nobody: 5:30am On May 23, 2016
cloudgoddess:

According to you, a Christian. A Muslim would say the same for theirs. So would a Hindu for theirs.

I'm sorry but this sounds very silly, like you're trying to argue semantics. The point is that god requires conditions before he can show his love. Conditional love is the exact opposite of unconditional love.
Despite rejecting and mocking God,day after day,yet He continues providing and protecting you when He could withhold His provisions anytime He wills,you continue using those two legs,eyes,hands and mouth that you denigrate Him with when He could render them all useless,you enjoy good health when he could let mountains upon mountains of incurable diseases to visit you and turn you into some worthless vegetable.If that's not unconditional love,then what's it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shipwrecked Faith - Paul Ellis / Creation: Something None Has Ever Told You About Waters / ⭐ Android App For Downloading Christian Sermons & Worship Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.