Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls (25006 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Should Surrender And Handover Himself To The Military / Boko Haram Ready To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls / Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by uscofield: 1:36am On May 22, 2016
Islamic extremist militants Boko Haram, who have killed at least 2,600 people in Nigeria, reportedly want to broker a deal with the government to release the remaining kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls in return for escaping execution. Two hundred schoolgirls were seized from a school in Chibok two years ago and have never been traced or found. It is believed only a third of them remain alive.
According to a report in The Times, senior members of the terrorist group told Nigerian newspaper Leadership Friday that it was prepared to negotiate a surrender and release the hostages on the condition they would not be not betrayed by the government or killed for giving up arms.
"We want to surrender because things are getting worse," said Amir Muhammad Abdullahi, who is reportedly Boko Haram's second in command. He said no side was winning the battle and that only a third of the girls remained as "the rest have been martyred".
It comes as two Chibok girls have reportedly been released – one of whom called Amina Ali Darsha Nkeki who was found near Sambisa forest and believed to have been freed as a 'gesture of good faith' by the militants.
However, there was confusion mounting over whether the second girl, (who has not been named), was freed in a raid on a Boko Haram camp on 19 May, was from Chibok. Yakubu Nkeke told The Times: "I can say in my capacity as the head of the Chibok Abducted Girls Parents group that this girl is not among the abducted girls."

Who are Nigeria's Boko Haram terrorists?
Boko Haram (recently renamed Iswap) fights against Western influence in Nigeria and aims to impose its version of Sharia law on the country. The group declared an Islamic caliphate in Gwoza, along the Cameroon border, in August 2014.
Boko Haram has raided several cities in the north of the country in a bid to take control of more land.
Three states − Adamawa, Borno and Yobe − have been under a state of emergency since May 2013, due to Boko Haram's attacks.
The group has killed at least 2,600 people since the beginning of 2015. More than 180 have been killed since the beginning of June.

SOURCE: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TIMES
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/boko-haram-willing-discuss-surrender-release-chibok-girls-1561301?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by Psylas(m): 1:46am On May 22, 2016
hope 2,600 people killed is in this present government because we know boko haram islamists have killed more than 50,000 since they started

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by dmostcheerful(f): 2:22am On May 22, 2016
Now i get it, its close to 29th may.
Since there is no notable achievement by this administration, Pa PMB will ask his boys to release them.
Now on the 29th speach this will be one of his achievements.
Scam government.
Psylas:
hope 2,600 people killed is in this present government because we know boko haram islamists have killed more than 50,000 since they started
My dear dont mind the stupid buffons, have it reduce to 2600 already.
I can remember during elections the number they were calling.
Boko haram bumbs market 400 victims, boko haram bombs mosque 800 victimes, all this on daily intervals.
Then i was like nawa all this hundreds of hits, consecutively on daily basics and we still have northerners.
Now they have reduced to just 2600 all to grab mercies. No fucking negotiation with this terrorists.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by worksmart(m): 2:33am On May 22, 2016
Only 2,600 killed ?

somebody is bad at maths.

Situations where there is an estimated 5 million IDP lets assume 10% of IDPs were killed by the terrorists before the survivors made it to safety, it would be reasonable to estimate that at least 500,000 must have been murdered.

given how we know these terrorist to murder anybody they could not abduct or recruit, the 500,000 estimate is likely a mere fraction of the true number murdered.
It was once said that police deaths alone at hands of Boko Haram number approx 100,000

Recall last year just before general elections one massacre incident alone claimed 3,000 lives.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by redsconsult(m): 4:32am On May 22, 2016
Their main sponsorer tukur is in efcc net ...they will be released before may 29 ...its a season film and we are nearing the last episode...

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by Nobody: 4:36am On May 22, 2016
They can continue if they like. Nonsense! Aftermath of illiteracy! A place where 90% of the youths can't read, why would they like western influence! Yet Na them use rubber pass.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by Pidggin(f): 5:57am On May 22, 2016
So dem get Yellow wall for Sambisa Forest?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by chriskosherbal(m): 6:02am On May 22, 2016
The FG should maintain zero tolerance when it comes to negotiation with terrorist. We don't negotiate with terrorist.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by Kyase(m): 7:53am On May 22, 2016
dmostcheerful:
Now i get it, its close to 29th may.
Since there is no notable achievement by this administration, Pa PMB will ask his boys to release them.
Now on the 29th speach this will be one of his achievements.
Scam government.

My dear dont mind the stupid buffons, have it reduce to 2600 already.
I can remember during elections the number they were calling.
Boko haram bumbs market 400 victims, boko haram bombs mosque 800 victimes, all this on daily intervals.
Then i was like nawa all this hundreds of hits, consecutively on daily basics and we still have northerners.
Now they have reduced to just 2600 all to grab mercies. No fucking negotiation with this terrorists.
Na bad belle go kill una i swear.
But una dull real life.

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by Kyase(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2016
jcmaiah:
They can continue if they like. Nonsense! Aftermath of illiteracy! A place where 90% of the youths can't read, why would they like western influence! Yet Na them use rubber pass.
Lol, you well so? 90%? Broz you know nothing about the north, come school here, i swear you will have the least GP with hausa guys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by Dcomrade(m): 9:22am On May 22, 2016
This is way better than releasing them in batches.....all thanks to Shettima, the producer of this movie.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by Dcomrade(m): 9:28am On May 22, 2016
DHQ
Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by BankeSmalls(f): 9:30am On May 22, 2016
Is Buhari still their preferred negotiator? cheesy

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by slap1(m): 10:40am On May 22, 2016
OK

Buhari is willing to negotiate with BH but can't even consider negotiating with Niger Delta Avengers. How many people have BH killed? How many people have Niger-Delta Avengers killed? angry

And anyone who believes there's anything like Chibok girls is very gullible. This has been a poorly written script. Watch APC government release hundreds of 'Chibok girls' they have been keeping somewhere for the right time. See how healthy those girls will look like in relation to those in their parents' houses.

Now our attention will have to be diverted from the clear failings and rudderlessness of this government to praising it for 'rescuing'Chibok girls. I am still waiting for Buhari to make me regret not voting for him. So far, he hasn't. APC is built on propaganda and sustained with lies and deceit.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by nmreports: 10:40am On May 22, 2016
Great News.
Their families have been left embittered and sorrowful for almost 1, 230 days now.
Daily in the sorrowful possibilities of not seeing their daughters again and the sorrowful hope that they might still be alive.
How deeply unhappy can a parent ever be?.
May they be found and brought back home eventually.

What I ignorantly do not understand is why they have not been found. Why?.
Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by SKAMM(m): 10:40am On May 22, 2016
Chibok Girls Season 1 Episode 22(Season Finale). Can't wait.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by pupsyd: 10:40am On May 22, 2016
Okay!
Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by DirtyGold: 10:41am On May 22, 2016
What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by edlion57(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2016
Somebody plz shout SCAM ....

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by AngelAhnie(f): 10:42am On May 22, 2016
Buhari's plans are now revealing

Oya na allow your brother to rule in peace...NA can now trouble the nation the way Buhari boys did during the last administration..

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by blowjob: 10:42am On May 22, 2016
SAIIIII BABA... grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by infogenius(m): 10:43am On May 22, 2016
I Hear! Another season movie unfolding.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by TVTKOKO(m): 10:43am On May 22, 2016
Dcomrade:
This is way better than releasing them in batches.....all thanks to Shettima, the producer of this movie.
your head dey dere.. As in eh, them no go quick finish before may 29 if dem release dem in batches...so dem wan device means of hastening deir release cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by leofab(f): 10:44am On May 22, 2016
As usual; all arrangement will me made before May 29

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by leofab(f): 10:44am On May 22, 2016
As usual; all arrangements will be made before May 29.. The few girls picked up was an experimental test to value the response C the masses.. APC una weldone but remember the Avengers are on it too cheesy cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by pole: 10:45am On May 22, 2016
Dy Should Stop Playing Politic With Our Sence,becuase We All Knws Who Kpet Ths People Hostage

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by rufychuks: 10:47am On May 22, 2016
I believe they have already gotten the deal they want. I started suspecting this after two girls were 'rescued' in quick successions. They were released to check if the public would discern their already signed agreement with the present government. Anyway, the idea of giving Boko Haram amnesty is completely unacceptable and an insult to every Nigerian. Will the amnesty change their ideology? Certainly not! They will just have a chance to regroup and restrategize on how to capture the whole country.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by Gamesmart: 10:49am On May 22, 2016
uscofield:

Islamic extremist militants Boko Haram, who have killed at least 2,600 people in Nigeria, reportedly want to broker a deal with the government to release the remaining kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls in return for escaping execution. Two hundred schoolgirls were seized from a school in Chibok two years ago and have never been traced or found. It is believed only a third of them remain alive.
According to a report in The Times, senior members of the terrorist group told Nigerian newspaper Leadership Friday that it was prepared to negotiate a surrender and release the hostages on the condition they would not be not betrayed by the government or killed for giving up arms.
"We want to surrender because things are getting worse," said Amir Muhammad Abdullahi, who is reportedly Boko Haram's second in command. He said no side was winning the battle and that only a third of the girls remained as "the rest have been martyred".
It comes as two Chibok girls have reportedly been released – one of whom called Amina Ali Darsha Nkeki who was found near Sambisa forest and believed to have been freed as a 'gesture of good faith' by the militants.
However, there was confusion mounting over whether the second girl, (who has not been named), was freed in a raid on a Boko Haram camp on 19 May, was from Chibok. Yakubu Nkeke told The Times: "I can say in my capacity as the head of the Chibok Abducted Girls Parents group that this girl is not among the abducted girls."

Who are Nigeria's Boko Haram terrorists?
Boko Haram (recently renamed Iswap) fights against Western influence in Nigeria and aims to impose its version of Sharia law on the country. The group declared an Islamic caliphate in Gwoza, along the Cameroon border, in August 2014.
Boko Haram has raided several cities in the north of the country in a bid to take control of more land.
Three states − Adamawa, Borno and Yobe − have been under a state of emergency since May 2013, due to Boko Haram's attacks.
The group has killed at least 2,600 people since the beginning of 2015. More than 180 have been killed since the beginning of June.

SOURCE: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TIMES
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/boko-haram-willing-discuss-surrender-release-chibok-girls-1561301?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

This report is just rubbish in all respect.

Boko Haram killings is being based at around 2,600?

Only a third of the girls are alive?

It is believed by who that Boko Haram released the first girl in "good faith"?

No side is winning the war?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Willing To Discuss Surrender And Release Of Chibok Girls by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2016
worksmart:
Only 2,600 killed ?

somebody is bad at maths.

Situations where there is an estimated 5 million IDP lets assume 10% of IDPs were killed by the terrorists before the survivors made it to safety, it would be reasonable to estimate that at least 500,000 must have been murdered.

given how we know these terrorist to murder anybody they could not abduct or recruit, the 500,000 estimate is likely a mere fraction of the true number murdered.
It was once said that police deaths alone at hands of Boko Haram number approx 100,000
500,000? Hmmmmmm! Hw d mind of man works remain a misery!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Proud Of Senator Dino Melaye - APC, Kogi Newspaper Advert / Looters' List: Stella Oduah Reacts To The Inclusion Of Her Name By Lai Mohammed / Aisha Yesufu Condemns Use Of Miyetti Allah To Negotiate Release Of Schoolboys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.