Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update (25050 Views)

Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures / Edo Primaries: INEC Backs Oshiomhole / Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by fergie001: 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
#EdoDecides2020

Update on the conduct of primaries for #EdoDecides2020 Governorship Election
https://twitter.com/inecnigeria/status/1270422953679900673?s=19

Edo Guber Primary: APC Stays Odd, As 14 Political Parties Adopt Indirect Primary

The All Progressives Congress (APC) remained the odd party in the list of fifteen political parties that have indicated their interest to field candidates for the forthcoming governorship election in Edo State.

Whereas all the other parties opted to use the Indirect mode of primary to select their flagbearer, the governing party opted for direct primary.

And this is inspite of repeated appeals by the Independent National Electoral Commission ( INEC) for political parties to consider the Heath of their members in the context of COVID-19 pandemic.

This was gleaned from timetable of scheduled primaries of the political parties, released on Tuesday by INEC’s Commissioner and chairman Information and voter education, Festus Okoye

The commission which met virtually said it considered several issues including the conduct of political party primaries for the Edo State Govemorship election scheduled for 19 September 2020 as well as an update on the prosecution of electoral offenders.

INEC said it has received notification from 15 out of the 18 registered Political Parties of their intention to conduct primaries “for the purpose of nominating candidates for the Ed( State Govemorship election slated for 19 September 2020”.
Of all the political parties, only APC adopted direct primary.

It warned the parties to adhere strictly to the law and covid policy..

” The Commission appeals to the various Political Parties to conduct their primaries in full compliance with the provisions of the I999 Constitution and Electoral Act 20l0 (as amended). Regulations and Guidelines for the Conduct of Political Party Primaries (2018) and the INEC Policy on Conducting Elections in the Context of COVlD-IQ Pandemic.

“Political Parties must shun all acts capable of breaching the peace and unsettling the peace and order of the State and jeopardizing the health and safety of party members. election officials and observers.

On prosecution of election offenders, INEC said it has received 16 files arising from infractions of the law during the 2019 general election and vowed to vigorously prosecute them.

“The cases are in Abia. Anambra. Bayelsa. Gombe. Kogi. Lagos, and Niger States. ranging from snatching and destruction of election materials. disorderly conduct. unlawful possession of ballot papers and Permanent Voters‘ Cards to canvassing for votes at polling units on election day”.
https://www.independent.ng/edo-guber-primary-apc-stays-odd-as-14-political-parties-adopt-indirect-primary/

1 Share

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by CANDYDADDY(m): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2020

I reject APC for you EDOlite in advance

Am referring to those that have conscience and a working IQ

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by bottlewater1(m): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
the guy above need to be Isolated. unless If you can explain what you mean by edolite should reject APC.
Now sit down let me lecture you.
1. although there are 15 political parties that registered with INEC but I can tell you there are just two parties in edo state APC and others. if not why should pastor leave PDP for APC and obaseki refused to decamp despite the fact that he will not get the ticket.
2. did you know why other parties choose indirect, it is simply because that they have no viable candidate so they will just try and patch people together and push them yet they will loose to APC
3. if you want democracy to work in Nigeria, political parties have to be structured first. I don't like APC at all but I can tell you that they are working on achieving this at present than any political party in Nigeria. oshiomole played obaseki so that he can fight the party and it's simple the party is fighting back. so sir don't because of pity for obaseki and hatred for oshiomole not say the truth.
4. if Godwin obaseki has done very well as a governor and he deserve another tenure there is nothing to be afraid of now. akeredolu of ondo state lists 50 achievement in 4 years and he said he is not afraid of direct or indirect primary,. why is obaseki afraid.
5. I would love another person aside pastor and obaseki to be the next governor as you can see the two of them remain the top most choice of the state. This shows our porous the leadership growth of the state is.

I arrest my case.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by Iytech(m): 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
This Edo election will be very hot.

May the best man win.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by Abfinest007(m): 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
family disease

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by moderatedguy: 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
Of all the 15 political parties its only APC that is insisting on direct primaries in this Covid 19 period.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by NaijaRealist: 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
Executive order my foot. It is now obvious that Obaseki has been served more than he can finish.

By the evening of 22nd day of June 2020, Obaseki will realize when Edo can sometimes look like Lagos.

If you are in doubt, ask Ambode.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by destinychildolu(m): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
moderatedguy:
Of all the 15 political parties its only APC that is insisting on direct primaries in this Covid 19 period.
Apart from pdp, all other parties won't have up to 100 delegates. That makes sense than having 3000 plus in a single venue traveling long distances. Which one do you think is safer? 300 plus in different wards or 3000 in a single venue? Be truthful?

21 Likes

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by netpro(m): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
With PDP concluding theirs on the 20th, this will be Do Or Die for Obaseki.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by seanfer(m): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
Where are those claiming that Edo APC will organize Indirect Primary.... 2 weeks and some days Obaseki should start campaigning...

6 Likes

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by ddippset(m): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
moderatedguy:
Contrary to popular beliefs,
Direct primary is even more favourable at this covid 19 times.

For Direct primary people just gather at their wards and vote for their flag nearer. And it's done!

But for Indirect primary, people firstly gather at the wards to vote delegates. These delegates in their thousands then gather at the stadium to vote the flag bearer.

Direct primares is safer and definitely more democratic.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by nanauju(f): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hmm
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by Slawormir: 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
Obaseki dn enter one chance o. Baba osho mean am no be small
But if obaseki survive this and win the guber election, he might just be the greatest politician in Naija

But Obaseki seeing this right now

10 Likes

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
It is only APC practicing democracy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by Arturitoroman: 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
Okay
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by SmartchildTutor: 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
Uhh!
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by carterguccy(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
Report - Only APC opt for Direct primaries

Wailers from yeast -

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by Yeezus998(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
Chain
I'm just confuse, I know Edo people will be as confused as I'm
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by Primusinterpares(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
If obaseki emerges then he will win but if otherwise then the one who emerges wins

Wanna know if there's something called the power of incumbency... Or the canal will decide... Or the people will would be Done

Let's watch out of this
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by sanemind2(m): 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Alright

Meanwhile

500gb external hard drive is available,loaded with plenty of series in high definition, cartoon etc
Location is Port Harcourt, can be sent to any location, check signature.
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by gungab(m): 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by TreasureTayo(m): 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
OK
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by darams4all(m): 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Obaseki hope say you dey watch the film

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by thejourney200: 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
All we want is a free and fair election.
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by ForeThinker: 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Anxiety... is sort of the opposite of ego. You're so sure you'll do everything wrong you're afraid to do anything at all. Often this, rather than 'laziness' is the real reason you find it hard to get started.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by pyyxxaro: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
shocked
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by 900warriorz: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by SimplePlan34: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
Obaseki is d man for the position nothing can stop him

1 Like

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Adams Oshiomole eventually had his way. Obaseki was just a noise maker.

We told anybody that one to hear, It is only party chairman that INEC recognizes as the mouth piece of any party, not any yeye Governor or even the President

Even with Indirect Primary, delegates have to be elected at Ward Level

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primaries: INEC Releases Update by jericco1(m): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio / Abuja Residents To Pay N200,000 Radio, TV License Fee / Lawan’s Anti-Restructuring Outburst Upsets Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.