Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans (3384 Views)

'Diezani & Orubebe Failed Niger Deltans' - Asari Dokubo (Photos,Video) / Niger Deltans Protest "Intimidation Of Jonathan By Buhari, DSS & EFCC" (Pics) / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by fulanmafia: 3:19am On May 22, 2016
It was with amazement that I read the comments on the thread about Mohammed Indimi's donation to his daughter's University in the U.S.

https://www.nairaland.com/3118756/mohammed-indinmi-donates-n4.2billion-american

While I join reasonable voices to condemn the skewed prioritization, the stinking hypocrisy of those attacking him for investing his oil wealth abroad was beyond suffocating, and I have this question for them;

What did you all say about Asari Dokubo who built an ENTIRE UNIVERSITY in a foreign country when his people in the Delta were complaining of neglect and underdevelopment? You leave a so called 'freedom fighter' from the creeks that invested the ND peoples looted commonwealth in another country to attack a businessman doing business in the area who made a donation for a single building?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/146438-exclusive-asari-dokubo-establishes-university-names-king-amachree.html

The blatant hypocrisy stinks!

cc: Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala; the title is now more FP friendly, kindly oblige.

6 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by tit(f): 3:36am On May 22, 2016
at least him no dash oyinbo the money.
but indimi, my brother, wetin him do?
him carry 3 trillion dollar just dash whiteman!
ee be like say them give am oyinbo woman with their fake hair and fake smile.
i hear say some of them dey even pump water into their breast and yansh make ee big.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by fulanmafia: 3:44am On May 22, 2016
tit:
at least him no dash oyinbo the money.
[s]but indimi, my brother, wetin him do?
him carry 3 trillion dollar just dash whiteman!
ee be like say them give am oyinbo woman with their fake hair and fake smile.
i hear say some of them dey even pump water into their breast and yansh make ee big[/s].

Just imagine the trash you're typing, next thing you will pretend to care for the suffering people of the creeks.

So Dokubo is justified in investing his peoples commonwealth in a private UNIVERSITY in another country because they have black skin?

So Niger Deltans deserve to be betrayed and lose the opportunity to have a modern University built in their region which will not just support the local economy but create jobs through support services, because their so called 'freedom fighter' chose to build it for dark skinned foreigners?

Gosh...I'm surprised you've not been knocked unconscious by the stink of your hypocrisy.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by Sunnynwa: 4:00am On May 22, 2016
fulanmafia:
it was with amazement that I read the comments on the thread about Mohammed Indimi's donation to his daughter's University in the U.S.

While I join reasonable voices to condemn the skewed prioritization, the stinking hypocrisy of those attacking him for investing his oil wealth abroad was beyond suffocating, and I have this question for them;

What did you all say about Asari Dokubo who built an ENTIRE UNIVERSITY in a foreign country when his people in the Delta were complaining of neglect and underdevelopment? You leave a so called 'freedom fighter' from the creeks that invested the ND peoples looted commonwealth in another country to attack a businessman doing business in the area who made a donation for a single building?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/146438-exclusive-asari-dokubo-establishes-university-names-king-amachree.html

@ fulanmafia, you are comparing apples to oranges. Asari opened the university as a business concern while Indimi just gave the money away as a gift.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by madridguy(m): 4:04am On May 22, 2016
Both Indimi and Asari Dokubo are nothing but a disgrace to Nigeria and Nigerian at large.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by NonFarmPayrol: 4:05am On May 22, 2016
Sunnynwa:

@ fulanmafia, you are comparing apples to oranges. Asari opened the university as a business concern while Indimi just gave the money away as a gift.

Asari is a Niger Deltan and has every right to flex ND money, who is Indimi and why should he be donating ND money to an American University?

the op is an unrepentant fulani herdsman apologist and would do anything to remain in one nIgeria because of Oil

NDA is here to give you guys night mares

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by fulanmafia: 4:09am On May 22, 2016
Sunnynwa:

The purpose of the money in either case is completely inconsequential, immaterial and has absolutely no effect on the welfare and livelihood of the Niger Delta or its people, which is the core of the issue.

Asari Dokubo chose to invest in another country's educational sector while his people rot in need and neglect, you you have the nerve to put up this weak defence. As I said, the hypocrisy stinks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by Sunnynwa: 4:15am On May 22, 2016
fulanmafia:

The purpose of the money in either case is completely inconsequential, immaterial and has absolutely no effect on the welfare and livelihood of the Niger Delta or its people, which is the core of the issue.

Asari Dokubo chose to invest in another country's educational sector while his people rot in need and neglect, you you have the nerve to put up this weak defence. As I said, the hypocrisy stinks.

Last time I checked, there are enough tertiary institutions in the Niger Delta and hundreds of Niger Deltans are studying in Asari's university on scholarship. How many tertiary institutions are there in Borno state and how many North Easterners are studying in the university where Indimi donated the money?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by fulanmafia: 4:30am On May 22, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Last time I checked, there are enough tertiary institutions in the Niger Delta and hundreds of Niger Deltans are studying in Asari's university on scholarship. How many tertiary institutions are there in Borno state and how many North Easterners are studying in the university where Indimi donated the money?

You don't know what you're saying mate. 1.1 Million candidates will not gain admission to Universities this year due to lack of spaces. Imagine the hundreds of Nigerian students stuck abroad because Bayelsa State cannot pay their allowances to this date (I have witnessed their agitation at the High commission in London), would it not have been better if they had been given spaces in the private university possibly for a cheaper or free scholarship if it was situated in the Delta?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by fulanmafia: 4:43am On May 22, 2016
NonFarmPayrol:

Asari is a Niger Deltan and has every right to flex ND money, who is Indimi and why should he be donating ND money to an American University?

the op is an unrepentant fulani herdsman apologist and would do anything to remain in one nIgeria because of Oil

You speak like Indimi just sat down and the oil bloc was dropped on his laps. He purchased those oil blocs with millions of dollars albeit with poilitical favour, and invested in the Nigerian oil industry which any Nigerian is entitled to do, and is making his profits. Thus it is his money and not ND money as you wrongly assumed. I am not holding brief for him however in this case because I believe he could have invested the humongous amount in the North East instead.

If the poor fishermen are okay with their commonwealth being looted and invested in other countries for private profit while they suffer in poverty, need and neglect, as long as the looter is a Niger Deltan, then they should stop pointing fingers at others for their suffering when their enemy is in their backyard.

6 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by Nobody: 4:48am On May 22, 2016
fulanmafia:
It was with amazement that I read the comments on the thread about Mohammed Indimi's donation to his daughter's University in the U.S.

Your senses are not functional else you wouldn't ask that question. So that your parasitic brothers will wrestle his investment from him right? Just the way they are doing to Tompolo abi? By the way, his school is a ride away but your parasitic brothers donation went to our colonial masters. Meanwhile, its ND money.

13 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by Sunnynwa: 4:51am On May 22, 2016
fulanmafia:

You don't know what you're saying mate. 1.1 Million candidates will not gain admission to Universities this year due to lack of spaces. Imagine the hundreds of Nigerian students stuck abroad because Bayelsa State cannot pay their allowances to this date (I have witnessed their agitation at the High commission in London), would it not have been better if they had been given spaces in the private university possibly for a cheaper or free scholarship if it was situated in the Delta?

Quit trying to defend the hypocrisy.
Hear from the horse's mouth himself.

Meanwhile, what has Indimi done for the people of the Niger Delta?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by iyb(m): 5:08am On May 22, 2016
fulanmafia:

You speak like Indimi just sat down and the oil bloc was dropped on his laps. He purchased those oil blocs with millions of dollars albeit with poilitical favour, and invested in the Nigerian oil industry which any Nigerian is entitled to do, and is making his profits. Thus it is his money and not ND money as you wrongly assumed. I am not holding brief for him however in this case because I believe he could have invested the humongous amount in the North East instead.

If the poor fishermen are okay with their commonwealth being looted and invested in other countries for private profit while they suffer in poverty, need and neglect, as long as the looter is a Niger Deltan, then they should stop pointing fingers at others for their suffering when their enemy is in their backyard.
Stop wasting your time trying to reason with Niger deltans,they believe oil is theirs and anybody who owns an oil well is stealing from them. If all the oil Wells are owned by niger deltans they will still complain. Niger deltans are their own enemies give them money to develop their place they will steal it,give them scholarships they will sell, give them jobs they won't work.the only thing they know how to do well is drink kai kai and complain

8 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by rusher14: 5:10am On May 22, 2016
fulanmafia:

[b]
I'm with you on this.

I've been at pains trying to educate many here but tribal sentiments wouldn't give way to reason.

What many don't know is that many wealthy people donate to universities in form of endowments mostly for the admission of their candidates.

Ivy league schools are especially well known (notorious if you like) for this.

Indimi is a business man who was successful in a quite profitable venture.

Many have been less successful and hardly do we hear their names as failure is a lonely orphan.

There are grave risks inherent in the oilfield exploration business. You cannot own an oilfield anywhere in the world without pulling strings.

My grudge would only relate to him reneging on CSR agreements with host communities and evasion of Tax.
Other than that, everything else would be his prerogative.

Our very own Niger Delta creek billionaires are known to live in splendour whilst investing their loot abroad.

What have they brought to their communities?

How many governors and legislators have they held accountable for their local failures?

But Indimi and oil companies must suffer.

I have never met Indimi in my life. Not sure I'll recognise him if I met him.

Yet, he is a successful businessman.

That respect I can accord him.

[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by RZArecta(m): 5:29am On May 22, 2016
fulanmafia:

when putting across an argument you do so with sense. It's obvious you have something against the Niger Delta people, we don't care at all but then again it doesn't matter. Can you prove that it's only the ND peoples who criticized Indimi's donation to that university ? Go through the thread again slowly. Can you also prove that no ND person criticized Alhaji Asari for citing his institutions in Benin republic ? This is Nigeria and people will talk but it's left for enlightened minds not to talk carelessly, Alhaji Asari knows what he has done for the youths in his Kalabari kingdom where he comes from and if he decided to build schools in Benin republic where he holds dual citizenship I see no reason why you or anybody else will cry.

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by mile12crises: 5:35am On May 22, 2016
fulanmafia:

Piece of balderdash from a Fulani herdsman.
Imagine a mallam coming all the way from the arid and unproductive North to acquire oil blocs in the Niger delta only to dash the proceeds to the white men without recourse to the plights of the oil producing areas.

But that's alright as the avengers are putting the land-grabbing Mallams where they belong

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:43am On May 22, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Business concern? I laugh. Where do you have more university applicants, Nigeria or Benin Republic?

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by Abeymills(m): 5:50am On May 22, 2016
Its obvious d writer is either foolish or a systematic zombie of apc,80% of oil blocks in d niger delta belongs 2 d northerners so pls stop saying nonsence there

6 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by NaMe4: 5:57am On May 22, 2016
But Op, do you believe that Asari Dokubo, being a militant, would have been granted necessary licences to establish a University within Nigeria?

Even if his 'brother' happened to be the C-in-C for 5 years, we all know what would have become of such investment by now with this present government.

That reminds me of the Maritime University that was to be set up in one of the Niger Delta States. What plans has this administration got for it? Talk more of one built by a militant!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by swagaholic: 5:57am On May 22, 2016
By dis time next year I go see d oil blocs una go own....NDA please blow everything away, we in d ND support ya actions!!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:58am On May 22, 2016
Sunnynwa:
Hear from the horse's mouth himself.

Meanwhile, what has Indimi done for the people of the Niger Delta?
Sìlly question. What didn't you ask what the Niger Delta (Asari) has done for itself? Afe Babalola built his university, ABUAD in his state, Ekiti. Obasanjo built his, Bells University in Ota, Ogun State. Atiku Abubakar built his, African-America University in his Adamawa State. Adeleke (David O's father) built his in Ede, Osun State. Benson Idahosa built his in his Edo State. Igbinedion built his in his Edo State. Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo built his, Kings University in his native Osun State. Adedoyin built Oduduwa University, Ile-Ife in his state of Osun. Bishop Oyedepo built his Landmark University in his country home of Omuaran, Kwara State.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by scribble: 6:00am On May 22, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Abokeeee get sense?

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by scribble: 6:03am On May 22, 2016
fulanmafia:

Sharap there

Indimi is a relative to ibb

Dem dash am like dem dash alakija who been designed tailor for ibb wife

7 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by Pidggin(f): 6:19am On May 22, 2016
If GEJ had approved Asari's license to build a University in Nigeria, today Buhari would have had him arrested for corruption, just like they are investigating Tompolo. Mr. Dokubo must have looked into a crystal ball lol.

Seriously what would you all think if GEJ had approved a license for Asari's University in Nigeria?

Now this Mallam, where did he get 4.2 billion to donate as a gift from? Is it not from oil blocs? ND has been milked dry by those who do not want other tribes to taste power.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by malton: 8:27am On May 22, 2016
NonFarmPayrol:

The simple-mindedness of some people is astounding!

Imagine the wail of frustration you're letting out on this. No tintini sense of reasoning, no pausing, no aim, no nothing, but hate! I have never seen someone this bereft of common sense.

Education is meant to advance human civilization, but in your own own case, it only taught you to write--credit still!

What efforts of the Niger Deltans put the oil there? One moral principle of the natural resource is that it is a common good! In the long run, it is self-defeating to use a resource you didn't labour to put in place selfishly.

Talking about Indimi, private property ownership of natural resources is not immoral. Why should it then be sacrilege for someone other than a Niger Deltan to own one, a Nigerian at that, when even foreigners do?

You really should begin thinking in greater depth and look at life from different angles than continue on this one-dimensional, skewed-sighted view of life lane that you are so fixated on.

A natural resource isn't an absolute right, and must never be! You only have a right to complaints. The Niger Deltans are well compensated for environmental degradation, how they make use of the money should be nobody's business!

In the same vein, it's none of your business how another man uses his personal wealth!

Cc: oga mynd44, this is deserving of front page!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by fulanmafia: 8:30am On May 22, 2016
jcmaiah:

Your senses are not functional else you wouldn't ask that question.[s] So that your parasitic brothers will wrestle his investment from him right? Just the way they are doing to Tompolo abi? By the way, his school is a ride away but your parasitic brothers donation went to our colonial masters. Meanwhile, its ND money.[/s]

cc: Mynd44 .

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by DaBullIT(m): 8:31am On May 22, 2016
He just gave it away ??

Sunnynwa:

No gift is ever free, The $14m Mohammed Indimi International Business Center. Indimi has a long and rosy relationship with Lynn University, having sent 6 of his 8 children to the University.

As for Asari Dokubo, He'll rot in hell, He used several gullible youths to achieve his aim and the only favor he could have done for them he took to an entirely different country

If i were a drug lord, mafia , rebel or militant and have half of what Dokubo took from Mumu Jona , I swear to God , My city will be world's class , everything will be automated , Electricity , water , facilities, good roads, airports or landing strips , there won't be violence in that city and my headquarters would be well guarded so much that even if i had an issue with the FG, they'll have to beg literally to resolve , not that i'll run away from the mini country i would have built,

But as usual we can't be compared

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by fulanmafia: 8:39am On May 22, 2016
NaMe4:
But Op, do you believe that Asari Dokubo, being a militant, would have been granted necessary licences to establish a University within Nigeria?

Even if his 'brother' happened to be the C-in-C for 5 years, we all know what would have become of such investment by now with this present government.

That reminds me of the Maritime University that was to be set up in one of the Niger Delta States. What plans has this administration got for it? Talk more of one built by a militant!

Pidggin:
If GEJ had approved Asari's license to build a University in Nigeria, today Buhari would have had him arrested for corruption, just like they are investigating Tompolo. Mr. Dokubo must have looked into a crystal ball lol.

Seriously what would you all think if GEJ had approved a license for Asari's University in Nigeria?

Now this Mallam, where did he get 4.2 billion to donate as a gift from? Is it not from oil blocs? ND has been milked dry by those who do not want other tribes to taste power.

If Asari was corrupt, then yes Buhari would have had him investigated and possibly arrested. Your utterances and that of other iPods are clear evidence that the welfare of the ND is not your prime concern, but to try to frustrate this government (good luck at that cheesy) otherwise it makes absolutely no sense for you to be in support of his scheme to avoid paying for looting his peoples commonwealth under Jonathan by siting his university abroad.

To all the faint bulbs arguing that Asari is not a looter, tell me the legitimate source of Asari's billions if you're not just blind hypocrites.

However, if your grouse is the Ibos inability to 'taste power' then you have a long season of bile to nurse cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by fulanmafia: 8:44am On May 22, 2016
swagaholic:
By dis time next year I go see d oil blocs una go own....NDA please blow everything away, we in d ND support ya actions!!!!

Yes blow the entire region up in flames cheesy, Adamu will never have your oil and he can make his millions from just meat, grains and leather while your entire oil installations are blown up, your rivers and lands are infertile due to pollution, and your region too volatile for any investment.

You iPods are truly wicked, such reasoning can only be manufactured in Aba. We ND indeed cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by Lordave: 8:51am On May 22, 2016
Must you dumbheads always find a way to justify foolishness and evil?

The same North East begging the world to rebuild their region after self inflicted catastrophe has their foolish Indomi son donating a whooping $14M to the US and some ragtag Cowboys think it's justifiable.
If PMD has a drop of sense in him, Indomi would be in jail already explaining the source of that money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by RZArecta(m): 9:15am On May 22, 2016
NaMe4:

the despotic bigot tyrant Buhari is taking the maritime university to Kano so sailors can learn their trade in a conducive, sandy environment cry

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Niger Deltans by swagaholic: 9:20am On May 22, 2016
fulanmafia:

Yes blow the entire region up in flames cheesy, Adamu will never have your oil and he can make his millions from just meat, grains and leather while your entire oil installations are blown up, your rivers and lands are infertile due to pollution, and your region too volatile for any investment.

You iPods are truly wicked, such reasoning can only be manufactured in Aba. We ND indeed cheesy
Maulag**** u think we care about his millions He can continue making them but not with our oil is that 2 much to ask for Btw, keep deceiving yaself, am a rivers man, and YES am an IPOB youth...... Oya swerve

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano: Strange Pillars Along State Road __ Photos / Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! / Ishi-Ozalla Communal Crisis: Ugwuanyi Calls For Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.