Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,957 members, 7,810,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% (16305 Views)

FRSC Reacts To Shooting Of Officials In Abia State / NNPC Confirms Sack Of Officials, Says Replacements To Be Announced Soon / Buhari Orders Arrest Of Officials Diverting Food At IDP's Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by brightleave(m): 11:11am On May 22, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by publicenemy(m): 11:13am On May 22, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Cut Presidential jets first...
Fool

1 Like

Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:15am On May 22, 2016
mean while a lot of guys are in bet9ja, 1960 bet, and the likes calculating all moring which games to pick and bet on so one can get extra cash as salary no dey fit last person at all and all this baggas get 13k every time they sit or go on God knows what trip or whatever it is, that means in a month, some of them would have gotten about 200 or 300k and it's just pecks they still get sitting allowance and all that plus their basic salary, like what the fvck do they need all this money for, i thought Government was suppose to be a service to the people, we seriously need to stand up against this people, it's no more about the buhari government or APC and PDP, it's been with us for a long time.
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by alatbaba1(m): 11:17am On May 22, 2016
Feeding allowance almost someone monthly salary. Are our politians more Nigerian than its citizens?
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by coldFLARES1(m): 11:26am On May 22, 2016
Abeymills:
1st i say all dis is nonsence i work as a civil servant n i tell u most of this benefactors ie frm ministers 2 asistant directors in civil service benefits most the ones am priviledge 2work wit work so hard sometimes we live them in d office because they work late in2d nite jst c dat country moves forward so i say they deserve it i dnt benefits frm it as junior worker i recal hw obasanjo sold all govt qtrs n houses jst 2cut govt expences who bot all those houses?pls go n do ur findings d next is 2 down size d work force n render pipu useles i weep 4dis country d dark days ar back sufering in d mist of abundance yeye govt meanwhile did d president cut his own feedin allowance?
You are an all-round fool! Civil servant and you are writing in shorthand and barely comprehensible english.

You come here to justify a draining allowance by the fact the your bosses work late into the night for the benefit of Nigerians. Are you deranged? What good have your bosses achieved for this country since you became a civil servant?

Rather than applaud this small step to freeing up some funds, the idioot in you keeps saying the country has plenty to sustain such needless waste.

Your type should be jobless and probably despondent to think like normal people should.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by Ephemmm: 11:27am On May 22, 2016
Splashme:
These APC people can never stop lying.
Because they increased fuel price, they are looking for all lies to confuse zombies.

What is wrong with reducing wastage by these set of thieves called politicians if I may ask? You spend less than a thousand per meal daily and someone is collecting nothing less than 13k per meal, but all you deduce from an attempt to reduce this is to turn this to APC versus PDP affairs.

You need to start reasoning maturely.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by kolaosita4(m): 11:34am On May 22, 2016
Hmm I just de imagine wetin #13,000 go buy 4 me. Join small money on top e don bcome NYSC allawee
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by kolaosita4(m): 11:36am On May 22, 2016
Naija politician serving there tummy and pocket at de expense of de masses
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by Ephemmm: 11:41am On May 22, 2016
Abeymills:
1st i say all dis is nonsence i work as a civil servant n i tell u most of this benefactors ie frm ministers 2 asistant directors in civil service benefits most the ones am priviledge 2work wit work so hard sometimes we live them in d office because they work late in2d nite jst c dat country moves forward so i say they deserve it i dnt benefits frm it as junior worker i recal hw obasanjo sold all govt qtrs n houses jst 2cut govt expences who bot all those houses?pls go n do ur findings d next is 2 down size d work force n render pipu useles i weep 4dis country d dark days ar back sufering in d mist of abundance yeye govt meanwhile did d president cut his own feedin allowance?

For your information, I have been to both public and private organisations and the different is clear. Whether MD, GM, Manager or staff in private organisations, you will work late most of the times without any allowance nor provisions for meal.

You resume late: you spend most of your working hours talking about political affairs and newspapers headlines: yet you claim to be hard-working: go to the private organisations and practise such if you won't be fired without any iota of doubt.

If a GM in bank cannot receive such amount despite aggressive marketing and keeping sleepless nights to meet the target, what justification do you have to support public institutions that are majorly non-profit making?

You need to get it right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by Abeymills(m): 11:54am On May 22, 2016
Its so obvious u ar a zombie i dont have time 4 ediots like ur type
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by southpole: 12:01pm On May 22, 2016
I am really disturbed that N13000 is claimed to be spent on each person per meal, I was previlage to be in such meetings on 2 occasions and what we were offered in a particular meeting was take away rice and a bottle of water from an eatery which may not be more than N25oo and what was offered in the other meeting was not far from the first one.. may be it is another way to divert money
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by kunle75(m): 12:36pm On May 22, 2016
hungryboy:
Chai,
Politicians don kill us for this country,

Imagine, 13000naira on just one meal for one man?,

Na full goat dem dey chop at once?.

Thanks God atleast we are informed about what they do now,but before it wasnt like this na small small things go fall in line
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by Pavarottii(m): 12:48pm On May 22, 2016
Almajiri1:

I agree with you. The meal allowance should be discontinued totally. They either eat from their homes or buy meals from their salaries.

Look at the protruding stomachs of politicians and understand how they appreciate faaji much more than service delivery to the nation.

It shows that u av not worked anywhere before. Do u know if u r payed 100,000naira monthly, ur basic salary is like 35k inside, it's d other allowances that make up the 100k, so should the person just receive 35k?
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by eph12(m): 12:55pm On May 22, 2016
mrvitalis:
Even the 4500 should be for foreign visitors our Nigerian official should take 1500 per meal, good companies will bid to make that happen
How much do this big companies spend per meal and the meals are great
Foreign visitors ke? Didn't you see where the UK was making sure Buhari last visit to the UK was being sponsored by Nigeria and all expenses sorted out by Nigeria and not the host?
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by obynaDmob(m): 12:56pm On May 22, 2016
Ephemmm:

What is wrong with reducing wastage by these set of thieves called politicians if I may ask? You spend less than a thousand per meal daily and someone is collecting nothing less than 13k per meal, but all you deduce from an attempt to reduce this is to turn this to APC versus PDP affairs.

You need to start reasoning maturely.

No, he just needs jesus
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 22, 2016
Pure lies, only to decieve us.
Splashme:
Because they increased fuel price, they are looking for all lies to confuse zombies.
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by eph12(m): 1:00pm On May 22, 2016
Pavarottii:

It shows that u av not worked anywhere before. Do u know if u r payed 100,000naira monthly, ur basic salary is like 35k inside, it's d other allowances that make up the 100k, so should the person just receive 35k?
What are you talking about? How much are these officials salary?
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by ArcToyin(m): 1:01pm On May 22, 2016
RZArecta:
The Mohamaddu Buhari led despotic junta should as a matter of logical wisdom stop all these shenanigans. If you want to do something just do it instead of advertising your idiocy like tv commercials. We all know that these expenses have already been approved in the 2016 rat infested budget presented to the national assembly by the slyest crook in Nigeria's history.

You just hate Buhari. Was it he that proposed that? Always read in between the lines before submitting your comment.
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by Pavarottii(m): 1:09pm On May 22, 2016
eph12:

What are you talking about? How much are these officials salary?
How much do u think is their basic salary?
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by OneManLegion(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2016
Meal allowance = 13,000 Minimum Wage = 18,000.

Nigeria makes me f#cking livid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by RZArecta(m): 1:14pm On May 22, 2016
ArcToyin:

[s]You just hate Buhari. Was it he that proposed that? Always read in between the lines before submitting your comment.

[/s]
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by nkemjacob2(m): 1:17pm On May 22, 2016
DankemzI:
And they keep singing that Nigeria is broke fucck them!

They say they can't pay salaries, Fucck them! But someone's wage is being used to feed an overfed, obsessed fool in a meeting that does not add 1kb I repeat 1kb to our economy/wellbeing

To the Niger Delta Avengers on behalf of my friends, family, community offline! We pay our allegiance to you.

Keep doing what you're doing we proudly be you! Zero the Economy so those fools will stay back in this shithole with us (masses)
if d niger delta militant zero d economy, it wont affect those in power and those with wealth in qumtum, already their bills are paid for, na me and u go suffer. Blowing pipleline no b d best solution
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by nkemjacob2(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2016
Even d #4500 is too much, wit state of d economy. All those power re not patrotic. Big companies in nigeria have not spend this much. NIGERIA SUCKs!
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by thexzy(m): 1:37pm On May 22, 2016
I only wish its implemented than just said on the paper. Make those positions a little bit bitter for all these polithiefcians, let it not be beds of Roses.
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by nawebco(m): 1:39pm On May 22, 2016
Nonsense Comment, bad thing you commend, good thing you also not appreciate. I guess you are a beneficiary of the N13,000 meal
Splashme:
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by ifycent2: 1:42pm On May 22, 2016
So we also have meal allowance in FG !!!!!!
Ego Nigeria don finish in Rich men pockets.
chai........ this is why de increase de fuel price......

wonderful.
who is fooling who?
FG of Nigeria are Really Thieves!!!!!!!!!!
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by seacoast(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2016
Pimper's paradise... because the zombies seems to be talking about the subsidy, they(zombies rearer) decided to administer their(zombie) drugs to them(zombies) through the yeye cut of food allowance... Lol.. The zombies would believe.. Without asking what happened to the percentage cut off the allowance.
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by melachima(m): 2:02pm On May 22, 2016
na dis 1 dem go tell us, if na fuel subsidy. na after dem go tell us
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by jojothaiv(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2016
So I shake my head...
With the news I got to read...
Walks away...
Nothing much to say!!!
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by samokoduwa(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2016
B
Progressive01:
True. Only this way can we get service oriented leaders at the corridors of power.

Imagine N13, 000 per meal!! Were they eating whole goats?? Haba! Africa and wastage! Even the N4, 500 being proposed is too damn much! Whatever is wrong with a meal of 1500 which is what one spends on a good meal on average complete with a small bottle of natural orange juice??

These are the things NLC should be striking against- protest against stuffs like this and see Nigerians from ALL walks of life lay down their working tools to join the industrial action!

I think it should be 1500 o, how much is a fast food with chicken. Why Na wa for our leaders o. People go for board meeting and take meat pie and bottle water, dnt dey have money to food. It should not pass 1500 joor.
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by Alfamann: 2:14pm On May 22, 2016
I hope a bloody civilian takes over in 2019 so we can chop as we want and enjoy life.

All these retired soldiers don dey make things harder for the common man.

I miss GEJ, Yar'Adua.

Ojukwu still my hero.
Re: FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% by drealaz24(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2016
ijustdey:

For instance, it was learnt that in the 2016 budget, the
Federal Government approved the sum of N104.74m for
refreshments and meals for the Presidency.

http://www.punchng.com/fg-cut-meal-allowances-top-officials-65/

Who rem Uncle jona approved 1BILLION NAIRA for meals for presidency. JE anything jeyeble

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Guber Aspirant, Ade Dosunmu Dumps PDP, Joins NNPP / There Has Never Been A Fight Between Me And Fashola - Bola Tinubu / Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.