Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,014 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. (76999 Views)

US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him / Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. / 20 Myths About Snakes That Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 1:38pm On May 22, 2016
Large snakes can fit a lot of huge items in their bellies, but sometimes it takes its toll on their life. Even a creature as powerful as a python can occasionally bite off more than it bargained for.
They can fully digest large land animals such as antelopes, sheep, goat, crocodile, their own, even human. It might take a bit longer to swallow, but it’s possible. Luckily, this allows them to go many weeks without eating.

source: http://viralvinny.com/10-times-a-snake-bit-off-more-than-it-could-chew/
http://www.oddee.com/item_99376.aspx
cc: lalasticlala

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:38pm On May 22, 2016
[size=13pt]Makai pitch my tent here, this is ghana be interesting..[/size]

Lalasticlala na snake we dey talk about so or u go like makai add other Passwords like “Burna, his mum & Uju or Olajumoke or Scorpion or Adaeze Yobo or Bare Cleavage or Bikini”?? Just talk & we're good 2go

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2016
1. Python found dead after swallowing a 30lb porcupine.

A giant python was found lying dead next to a cycle track after swallowing a 13.8kg (30lb) porcupine, the spines of which punctured the inside of the snake.The python, nearly four meters (around 12 and a half feet) long, died after falling from a rocky ledge in the Lake Eland Game Reserve in South Africa. The fall is believed to have forced the quills to puncture the snake's digestive tract (though the exact cause of its death is unknown).After the snake was reported to gamekeepers, they performed an autopsy on the animal to remove the porcupine from its innards and found the insides of the snake had been pierced by dozens of the animal's sharps quills.

28 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by chikel2000(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2016
Jesus!, crocodile? How possible

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 22, 2016
Lala's favourite.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 1:44pm On May 22, 2016
2. Python bursts after eating Gator.

Unfortunately for a 13-foot (4-meter) Burmese python in Florida's Everglades National Park, eating the enemy seems to have caused the voracious reptile to bust a gut literally.Wildlife researchers with the South Florida Natural Resources Center found the dead, headless python in October 2005 after it apparently tried to digest a 6-foot-long (2-meter-long) American alligator. The mostly intact dead gator was found sticking out of a hole in the midsection of the python, and wads of gator skin were found in the snake's gastrointestinal tract.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by olatunjithomas(m): 1:46pm On May 22, 2016
this made me remember one of Bob gas' statement " Bite more than you can chew,but chew as fast as you could "

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 22, 2016
This one snake has been mentioned, I smell FP. Seun and Lala get soft spot for snakes

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Bibidear(f): 1:47pm On May 22, 2016
I hate snakes

9 Likes

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by RoyalBlak007: 1:54pm On May 22, 2016
I love

wildlife

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Lanceslot(m): 1:57pm On May 22, 2016
Holy sh!t! Saw a cobra few days ago about 4ft long crossing the road and I nearly hit a bike man coming from front while dodging it. I hate this creature with passion.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 1:57pm On May 22, 2016
3. Snake dies after failing to digest pig.

Julatten resident Neil McDougall was looking for mushrooms on his property when he discovered a dead 4.5m python. It had a very distended belly indicating it had eaten something quite large. An expert told Mr. McDougall the snake most probably died from a perforated gut.

15 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Aremu01(m): 2:02pm On May 22, 2016
# adjust glasses Grabs sit

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Aremu01(m): 2:04pm On May 22, 2016
This snakes self get ojukokoro

33 Likes

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 2:08pm On May 22, 2016
4. The Python had recently consumed a 76-lb. adult female deer. The reptile was one of the largest ever found in South Florida.

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Kingsasian(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2016
Lala's favourite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Oblitz(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2016
I was here angry
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by olatunjithomas(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2016
holy cow!! consumed a deer? with its tree-branchlike horns. that must be mad!!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by cutelover19(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2016
cool, me likey.
username: lalasticlala
password: snake grin tongue cheesy

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 2:26pm On May 22, 2016
5. Python eats a pregnant sheep.

In 2006, firefighters in the Malaysian village of Kampung Jabor were called in to remove the bloated snake 18ft long from a roadway. The reptile had swallowed an entire pregnant sheep and was too full to slither away and digest its supersize meal.

15 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by feldido(m): 2:26pm On May 22, 2016
grin grin Password Accepted

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 22, 2016
Eat like a python I.e attempt to do the impossible —shoyemi ayodeji (2016)

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2016
6. Amazed conservation students found the python constricting the monkey in the middle of a dirt road, South Africa.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2016
After it had killed the monkey, the hungry snake began the process of dragging the Vervet monkey into nearby bushes

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3527938/Incredible-moment-huge-python-South-Africa-suffocates-MONKEY-drags-bushes-devoured.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by hahn(m): 2:38pm On May 22, 2016
These snakes share similar traits with our political office holders undecided

433 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by thesicilian: 2:43pm On May 22, 2016
The person who followed that python into the bush to take pictures as it killed and devoured the monkey must be super brave

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Disneylady(f): 2:44pm On May 22, 2016
Snakes and fp...hmnnnn, somebody call Lalasticlala for me pls his attention is needed here

Explorers, it seems you don know Lala's password

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 2:58pm On May 22, 2016
7. Another Swallowing a goat.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 3:01pm On May 22, 2016
8. A giant snake swallowing a Kangaroo(Species of snake undocumented).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Vince77(m): 3:02pm On May 22, 2016
Chai... Snake thread ....

That moment when the password becomes the topic.

Lalasticlala and snake be like...

183 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Explorers(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2016
9. Antelope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by enoqueen: 3:05pm On May 22, 2016
I got here before lalasticlala.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mutant Four-Legged Hen Seen In China With Two Limbs Protruding From Its Bum (Pix / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) / A Huge Snake With A Lot Of Eggs In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.