Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. (77015 Views)

US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him / Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. / 20 Myths About Snakes That Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by femo86(m): 10:16pm On May 30, 2016
Make I write my own. ..

Lala and Snake be like Bayern Munich and Bundesliga Title grin angry
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Ratello: 10:23pm On May 30, 2016
Explorers:
8. A giant snake swallowing a Kangaroo(Species of snake undocumented).
That's the Giant Olive Python of Australia the same specie you had in your first pix swallowing the croc. Olive pythons are second largest Python in Australia after the Amethystine Python. That would be a wallaby it is swallowing not a kangaroo. Well done Comrade.
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by lovat(m): 10:36pm On May 30, 2016
Snowangel4:

Yuck
that's not fair oooo. Snakes are like other animals. In my area the python is held sacred and so its not killed.

Read Chinua Achebe books for a better understanding.

I do hold python with my hands then but I'm surprise why it didn't bit me *mysteries of life*
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by boydante: 10:43pm On May 30, 2016
Explorers:
5. Python eats a pregnant sheep.

In 2006, firefighters in the Malaysian village of Kampung Jabor were called in to remove the bloated snake 18ft long from a roadway. The reptile had swallowed an entire pregnant sheep and was too full to slither away and digest its supersize meal.
wtf!
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by vislabraye(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2016
Foolish snakes
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by 4reala(m): 11:15pm On May 30, 2016
hahn:
These snakes share similar traits with our political office holders undecided
exactly. Biting more than they can chew grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by BushDoctor123: 11:26pm On May 30, 2016
Waiting for the one that swallowed a human being.
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Leke001: 11:42pm On May 30, 2016
Bibidear:
I hate snakes

so do I
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by piagetskinner(m): 11:52pm On May 30, 2016
These pythons are very greedy.. .just like our political office holders
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by ralphrozzay348(m): 11:56pm On May 30, 2016
crotonite:
Lala's favourite.
FOOD DON DON
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Dexema(m): 12:18am On May 31, 2016
neocortex:

That story was a myth.
interesting myth it is then, always a good view anytime on screen. grin
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by ChuxMyk(m): 12:25am On May 31, 2016
skarlett:
I don't know who is mentioned more on this thread: Lala or snake
Lalasticlala na BUHARI Snake na GOOD LUCK
#ok_bye
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Baroba(m): 3:15am On May 31, 2016
olatunjithomas:
holy cow!! consumed a deer? with its tree-branchlike horns.
that must be mad!!

Female deer ( Doe)do not have antlers its only the male ( Bucks)..
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by tunde1200(m): 5:04am On May 31, 2016
refiner:
....shockedshockedshocked...

I've learnt something new today!

snake are very greedy creatures!sad
Not all snakes I think its only pythons and anacondas'.

1 Like

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by BetaThings: 5:38am On May 31, 2016
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Nobody: 6:08am On May 31, 2016
lovat:
that's not fair oooo. Snakes are like other animals. In my area the python is held sacred and so its not killed.

I do hold python with my hands then but I'm surprise why it didn't bit me *mysteries of life*

K.....but I still hate snake and nofin will change that
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by SycophanticGoat: 6:29am On May 31, 2016
Explorers:
Large snakes can fit a lot of huge items in their bellies, but sometimes it takes its toll on their life. Even a creature as powerful as a python can occasionally bite off more than it bargained for.
They can fully digest large land animals such as antelopes, sheep, goat, crocodile, their own, even human. It might take a bit longer to swallow, but it’s possible. Luckily, this allows them to go many weeks without eating.

source: http://viralvinny.com/10-times-a-snake-bit-off-more-than-it-could-chew/
http://www.oddee.com/item_99376.aspx
cc: lalasticlala

Has it ever been recorded that any of those huge snakes, Boa, Python and Anaconda, killed and swallowed full grown adult human? Never heard or read about it (except one that was caught with a kid of about 10 - 14 years old, inside it), but I've seen them swallow other animals like crocodile, alligator, etc. on Nat Geo Wild or YouTube.
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by SycophanticGoat: 6:32am On May 31, 2016
lovat:

Anambra precisely. You can only hold pythons (not even poisonous and hardly ever attacks humans except they are pretty huge and the human is probably a kid) and go scot free. When you try it for poisonous snakes, then you know how far... grin
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Mosb(m): 6:44am On May 31, 2016
Lala's babies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by charlsecy(m): 6:59am On May 31, 2016
Snowangel4:
I wonder why God created them,disgusting.
That you hate snakes doesn't mean you should ask GOD why He created them. Snakes are just like every other creature. If you asked GOD why He created snakes, then you should also ask Him why He created other animals including humans!
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Nobody: 7:47am On May 31, 2016
Explorers:

Boa is learner beside Pythons and Anacondas.
Python and Anacona are both Boa constrictors
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Tolu95(m): 8:52am On May 31, 2016
Chisos!! dnt bite more dan u can chew
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by harsysky(m): 10:14am On May 31, 2016
Lanceslot:
Holy sh!t! Saw a cobra few days ago about 4ft long crossing the road and I nearly hit a bike man coming from front while dodging it. I hate this creature with passion.

[size=40pt]so your car tyres hate snakes too?[/size] something you for turn to paste with ur tyres.
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by harsysky(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2016
thesicilian:
The person who followed that python into the bush to take pictures as it killed and devoured the monkey must be super brave

The masses did that. The snake is our polithiefians.

1 Like

Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Disneyboy: 2:12am On Jun 02, 2016
Disneylady:
Snakes and fp...hmnnnn, somebody call Lalasticlala for me pls his attention is needed here

Explorers, it seems you don know Lala's password

Nice moniker. ....
Re: Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew. by Donnellie(m): 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]this one na omni-snake phobia ;Dthis one na omni-snake phobia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mutant Four-Legged Hen Seen In China With Two Limbs Protruding From Its Bum (Pix / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) / A Huge Snake With A Lot Of Eggs In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.