Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Ask A Pilot... - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask A Pilot... (107076 Views)

Pilot Saves Baby After Being Involved In A Horrible Accident In Lagos. Photos / Nigerian Pilot, Ademilola, Makes History As First African To Fly The World Solo / Young Pilot Who Flew His Mother: "One Of The Best Days Of My Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Pilot... by sugah: 7:56am On Aug 23, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
Despamis and sugah
Warm welcome
Please can you kindly share your profile with the house?
Im a little bit shy grin

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2016
igwemoagbo:
This full flight SIM Boeing is available here In Lagos. Tried it today and it was awesome
Good news fellow aviators and enthusiast...This Sim boeing 737ng. is available for session training,this is same type training academy uses in foreign aviation schools. location is Lagos...for a fixed amount: whatsapp 08092783752

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by iamphill: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

LOL, we fly because it's our passion not because of the pay. That's where it all starts from.

Am referring to being a FLIGHT DISPATCHER and not a PILOT, guess they are two different designations in the Aviation Industry. My question is how Lucrative is the work of a FLIGHT DISPATCHER with the FAA Licence?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
iamphill:

Am referring to being a FLIGHT DISPATCHER and not a PILOT, guess they are two different designations in the Aviation Industry. My question is how Lucrative is the work of a FLIGHT DISPATCHER with the FAA Licence?

There is this misconception that aviation careers are very lucrative, it's the passion that motivates every one in the aviation industry not how LUCRATIVE it is.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by lionlee216(m): 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
lionlee216:
I was watching OritseFemi double wahala for dead body and I saw him getting down from a private jet with a propeller engine or so. I studied engineering and i learnt we have two types of Cooling system(air and water). If plane dey use water as cooling system, how big will tre radiator be.

I dont want google, that's why im asking
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
US Secretary of State John Kerry is currently in Nigeria. I can imagine how the airspace would look like. It would usually be shut down till his plane lands and takes off and aircraft already in the air would have to go into holding pattern, not funny I tell you.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
[quote author=lionlee216 post=48737988][/quote]
The radiator big well Just kidding grin
Jet engines are usually air-cooled
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

I would recommend the instructor route. Have you considered building hours in the SIM?
Not really. Do airlines accept hours built in SIM?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
naruto02:
Not really. Do airlines accept hours built in SIM?
Yes they do.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 11:40am On Aug 24, 2016
freshvine:

I think this is the answer I am looking for.

Turbine engine and propeller

Are you a lover of single engine aircraft like Piper Cherokee180, Cessna152, 172, 182 etc wink

Join us,........

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 11:42am On Aug 24, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
US Secretary of State John Kerry is currently in Nigeria. I can imagine how the airspace would look like. It would usually be shut down till his plane lands and takes off and aircraft already in the air would have to go into holding pattern, not funny I tell you.

As long as they have fuel lol
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 11:44am On Aug 24, 2016
igwemoagbo:

Good news fellow aviators and enthusiast...This Sim boeing 737ng. is available for session training,this is same type training academy uses in foreign aviation schools. location is Lagos...for a fixed amount: whatsapp 08092783752

They need to try it out!

Believe me I have been there cool

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

Yes they do.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Maureenlucy(f): 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
In your training school,how many hour did u fly b4 u became a qualified commercial pilot?what plane did u major on in school? Pls reply asap. Thanks.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
naruto02:

Ok. So I've been thinking for sometime, Arik has this issue with paying their workers(pilots) most of them are leaving. This is crazy but hear me out, I was thinking if I get my CPL ME & IR with or without type rating and Frozen ATPL I should try my luck with Arik because to be sincere at this point in time (I'm 20yo)I don't really care about pay, Maybe in next 2-3yrs I'll do but for now I just want to fly. I want the experience and flight hours but not the money for now.

If you are type rated, it's usually faster cos if you aren't rated, it means they may be have to sponsor you for training abroad something they don't do often...

Believe me, it's not crazy cos I did something similar but not in Nigeria though, got my 737 type rating, then worked for free for a while but getting a proper contract and the rest is history...
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
sugah:

Im a little bit shy grin

grin pls na, at least the equipment you operate, if you are a skipper or a humble F. O or are you senior V. P Flight operations?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Olisa4all: 6:42am On Aug 25, 2016
Maureenlucy:
In your training school,how many hour did u fly b4 u became a qualified commercial pilot?what plane did u major on in school? Pls reply asap. Thanks.

cc Boeing777pilot
Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
Came across this on a bbm channel once shared on this thread

Aircraft Marshalling
Part 1
Have you ever seen someone dressed like the man in the picture at an airport, making gestures like he was controlling traffic?

Aircraft Marshalling is visual signalling between ground personnel and pilots on an aircraft.
Marshalling is one-on-one visual communication and a part of aircraft ground handling. It may be as an alternative to, or additional to, radio comms btw the aircraft & A.T.C.....

The usual equipment of a marshaller is a reflecting safety vest, a helmet with acoustic earmuffs, and gloves or marshaling wands–handheld illuminated beacons.

Part2
At airports, the marshaller signals the pilot to keep turning, slow down, stop, and shut down engines, leading the aircraft to its parking stand or to the runway.

Sometimes, the marshaller indicates directions to the pilot by driving a "Follow-Me" car (usually a yellow van or pick-up truck with a checkerboard pattern) prior to disembarking and resuming signalling, though this is not an industry standard

Part3
At busier and better equipped airports, marshallers are replaced on some stands with a Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS), of which there are many types

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 1:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

If you are type rated, it's usually faster cos if you aren't rated, it means they may be have to sponsor you for training abroad something they don't do often...

Believe me, it's not crazy cos I did something similar but not in Nigeria though, got my 737 type rating, then worked for free for a while but getting a proper contract and the rest is history...
Okay, I had the misconception that if I have a type rating the company might look at it as a difficulty, cus they can't f@&$ around with me because I paid for my training (type rating) and I'll want to grab considerable cash and they'll prefer to sponsor someone so in return they turn him to their puppet or something.
Thanks for clarifying things for me...
I'm supposed to go on my 1st solo this week but the wind is too strong.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Olisa4all: 9:21am On Aug 26, 2016
naruto02:

Okay, I had the misconception that if I have a type rating the company might look at it as a difficulty, cus they can't f@&$ around with me because I paid for my training (type rating) and I'll want to grab considerable cash and they'll prefer to sponsor someone so in return they turn him to their puppet or something.
Thanks for clarifying things for me...
I'm supposed to go on my 1st solo this week but the wind is too strong.

Bros,you've not solod and you're worrying about type?na you biko o
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 27, 2016
Open question:
Should the airlines in Nigeria merge in order to become financially stronger airlines?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by cutelover19(m): 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2016
Hi @boeing777pilot, i did some more research to prove to you that the 777-300ER has more range then the 777-200LR
watch the 13th to 15th minute of this video. check the ranges at the bottom of the screen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tvuVSiJDbI
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 8:33am On Sep 02, 2016
cutelover19:
Hi @boeing777pilot, i did some more research to prove to you that the 777-300ER has more range then the 777-200LR
watch the 13th to 15th minute of this video. check the ranges at the bottom of the screen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tvuVSiJDbI

grin I appreciate your research na only mama know him pikin inside out.

http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commercial/airports/acaps/777_2lr3er.pdf
That's the specs sheet for each of them.

200LR has a longer range

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
sugah:

Im a little bit shy grin

No be only grin
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
Guys the sky is where the real deal is cool

Find a machine and get yourself up there tongue
Re: Ask A Pilot... by kingreign(m): 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by cutelover19(m): 7:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

grin I appreciate your research na only mama know him pikin inside out.

http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commercial/airports/acaps/777_2lr3er.pdf
That's the specs sheet for each of them.

200LR has a longer range
thanks brother, my ignorance has been exhausted. this is how nairaland should be. thanks once again bro

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
cutelover19:

thanks brother, my ignorance has been exhausted. this is how nairaland should be. thanks once again bro
You are most welcome boss.
I admire your tenacity and you are one good researcher. grin

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 7:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
You know you are a real aviation geek :

when you can tell the make of an aircraft by just hearing the sound of the engines.

Feel free to add more.

3 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by phibetakappa: 6:32am On Sep 03, 2016
Once upon a time....

3 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
phibetakappa:
Once upon a time....

This is nice.. I'm still thinking how cheap pilot training would've been that time
Re: Ask A Pilot... by CaptainRahl(m): 7:04am On Sep 04, 2016
naruto02:

This is nice.. I'm still thinking how cheap pilot training would've been that time
it might interest you to know that state governments used to send students abroad for pilot training on scholarship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (31) (Reply)

Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? / Cost Of Nigerian International Passport / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.